Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1342 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1343 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1332 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1330 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0887 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0712 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0675 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0671 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0674 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0672 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0664 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0656 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0655 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDeLaPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I can't remember where, but I know there's at least one Rocket Slide still set up. It's
    huge. It has two long slides running off of it. It was in an article on line, and I believe
    it was put up in 1971. It said that that town cherished it. I looked up the municiple
    phone number and talked with the person in charge of grounds (or maybe Mayor, can't
    remember) and let them know that I thought it was great that they kept the Rocket
    Slide and how well they kept it maintained. He said that they never plan on taking it
    down.I'll see if I can run across that article..
    Yea, if that Rocket Slide happens to still be up, I sure would like to see pics. Actually,
    I wouldn't mind seeing pics of any vintage playground equipment that's still in use.
    If you google in "Vintage Playground Equipment, it shows many older pics of equipment
    in the parks and school yards. Some of the playground equipment from the early 1900s
    is unbelievable. Some were very dangerous..
    Edit: I actually think I emailed (not called) the town that has the Rocket Slide. No big deal,
    I just like to be accurate..

If I make a road trip up for the big coin op party at your place can I go down to the pond and ride the paddle boats Fixing ball bowlers all night long and reshaping the land during the daylight. How do you find the time?

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Hey Bill, if you did happen to make it over for the February Party, I'll have to pick up a
    small ski doo for you to ride on the pond..
    Actually, I usually work on the games in the Winter, and once the nicer weather comes
    around I start on outdoor projects, however, this year I extended much of the work in
    the game room to finish a ball bowler that needed a good size handful of work both
    mechanically and cosmetically, but did get her saved..
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Might be a bit chilly for the pond activities in February unless we are gonna have an ice fishing tournament. The park looks great by the way you really ought to be proud of yourself Tim. Great that you saved that ball bowler also looks like it turned out fantastic as usual.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDeLaPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-development-of-a-vintage-park?tu=PinDeLaPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.