(Topic ID: 17985)

----STERN X-MEN PINBALL OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!

By Gexchange

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 537 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XMenLEWolv-3upb.JPG
XMenPro-3up_with_BG.JPG
(bw)_XMenLEWolv-Right.dark.jpg
nightcrawler-Exclamation.gif
screen-capture.png
tron_damage.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Right.chrome.JPG
XMenLEWolv-blue-chrome.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Chrome1.jpg
cyclops09.gif
xmencable-ahvb.gif
image-23.jpg
valkilmericeman[1].jpg
X-Men_Games_Feature_Matrix_6.06.12.pdf (PDF preview)
xmenle.jpg
stargate.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 11 years ago

I like the cabinet artwork on the PRO best also. In this case, the PRO looks like it will be pretty good and a lot of fun. I don't think the PRO will be better. The pop up toys will be a nice feature and they will not always be popped up blocking flow. It will add some variation to the game. The moving ramp looks neat. In its stock position will play pretty much like the PRO but the ability to move it or have it move based on "things" will be interesting.

Still, I'm in for a magneto LE and am glad. I think the game looks awesome. The game looks like it will be fast and have some decent flow.

I am a bit worried about the IJ4 like pop bumpers off ball plunge. On IJ4, it was extremely frustrating for the plunge of the ball to miss every pop bumper, head straight down the middle, ball saver hits, same thing, onto bonus never hitting the ball. Same thing may happen here. Hard to tell without playing though.

There are a lot of really close up shots, which tend to be cheap ball drainers. Same thing was true in Ironman, but at least the monger wasn't up 100% of the time. I think I would have preferred it actually if the pop bumpers were actually eliminated and wolverine was put in that area.

The artwork looks really great on all versions. The playfield artwork is very nice. I love the plastic ramps - like them way more than wire ramps or metal ramps to be honest. When kept clean, they're so nice and you can get some neat lighting effects shining through them.

Anyone know if the LE will have the 12" sub? I'm guessing not since it wasn't listed.

As far as game mods, I think we'll be seeing mods or even replacements to the big characters. Also the pop up guys just being flat printed plastic needs something. Not sure what. Perhaps a 3d figure behind plexiglass?Will be interesting to see how that's made. May be impossible. If its just a flat picture, it would have been better for it to have been drop targets like cactus canyon / 24 with the decal on it I think.

Will be interesting to see how the spinner reacts with gameplay. All-in-all I'm quite excited for this game.

As for WoZ, I ordered this and WoZ. I think this will be more fun to be honest. Looks like will have some great flow. WoZ does not. I think WoZ looks more impressive but this looks more fun.

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

No shaker in the LE...thought for sure they would. Didn't ACDC have shakers form the factory?

Acdc LEs were way more expensive. This is priced closer to acdc premium which had no shaker. I'll be buying one myself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-stern-x-men-pinball-official-release?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.