(Topic ID: 17985)

----STERN X-MEN PINBALL OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!

By Gexchange

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 537 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XMenLEWolv-3upb.JPG
XMenPro-3up_with_BG.JPG
(bw)_XMenLEWolv-Right.dark.jpg
nightcrawler-Exclamation.gif
screen-capture.png
tron_damage.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Right.chrome.JPG
XMenLEWolv-blue-chrome.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Chrome1.jpg
cyclops09.gif
xmencable-ahvb.gif
image-23.jpg
valkilmericeman[1].jpg
X-Men_Games_Feature_Matrix_6.06.12.pdf (PDF preview)
xmenle.jpg
stargate.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 11 years ago

I love the art on both LEs. I am sticking with the Wolverine LE, personally. The toys are pretty gaudy, but that is the only thing I don't like. Sure, it would have been nice to have molded Nightcrawler trolls, but look at the cannon on AC/DC LE. Not too sure how cool that moving ramp is going to end up being. Looks fairly worthless right now, but it could be integrated into something cool with software.

#259 11 years ago

I wanted to let the pics soak in and re-visit the pics after having a little time. Just did that and confirmed my order with JJ for Wolverine LE. Thoughts:

1) Overhead pics are not doing this game any favors. Not at all. It is making those toys look huge. They are a bit gaudy. But at the PF level, that Wolverine toy is not nearly as much of a roadblocking clunker that it appears to be from up top. It is pretty thin at the PF. Magneto is lifted up off the PF entirely, so won't be a shot block, either.

2) Love the art packages all the way around. I am a sucker for Jim Lee, and I actually prefer the (well-done) depictions of Wolverine with his mask off. Logan spends most of the books with that cowl down, and I still go to the original Wolverine mini-series for my reference to Wolverine, and that is classic "hood down" Logan. That said, I am all over the Wolverine LE.

3) I can see why the Pro art package is more of a draw to a non-hardcore X-Men comic book fan. It is the most classic depiction of all of the characters.

4) The moving ramp has potential. I like the ability to move that return to the left flipper to go right back to the right ramp.

5) I wish that the Nightcrawler pop ups were molded, but coming from the company that gave us the AC/DC canon sticker, I can't expect much more.

6) Since when is Deadpool an X-Men villian?

7) I am intrigued by the slots in the spinning disc on the LE.

#267 11 years ago

It's an X-Men machine. You do want X-Men on your X-Men machine, no?

#302 11 years ago

There already is a metal piece under the VUK kick out.

#311 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Borg seems to have copied Stargate on this one and I do not love that game. Pro looks good like Iron Man on the sauce. The LE still bothers me as its hard to know if the moving ramp will hold up, if the spinning disc holes will excessively wear and if the night crawler pop ups will lead to excessive PF wear.

No word on clear coating this yet. They better put a boatload of clear on it as it has some serious wear concerns in areas and with probable no replacement PF s available I am concerned. I want the LE badly I just fear it will not hold up at all.

Thoughts? Is the Pro the better buy here?

The Stargate thing comes from one person on RGP making a comparison. This game is obviously not like SG. There are only so many shots on a pinball PF. The comparison is pretty dumb, actually.

And why are people so worried about wear on these pop ups, but I have never heard anyone concerned about the same thing on MM playfields? How is it any different? They put Mylar around MM troll holes, and they will surely do the same here.

And how is the moving ramp a concern for wear, exactly?

I have never seen so much unwarranted concern for non issues in my life.

#470 11 years ago

Someone should Photoshop the front shots of the LEs with the Pro backglass, just to get an idea of what that looks like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-stern-x-men-pinball-official-release?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.