(Topic ID: 17985)

----STERN X-MEN PINBALL OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!

By Gexchange

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 537 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XMenLEWolv-3upb.JPG
XMenPro-3up_with_BG.JPG
(bw)_XMenLEWolv-Right.dark.jpg
nightcrawler-Exclamation.gif
screen-capture.png
tron_damage.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Right.chrome.JPG
XMenLEWolv-blue-chrome.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Chrome1.jpg
cyclops09.gif
xmencable-ahvb.gif
image-23.jpg
valkilmericeman[1].jpg
X-Men_Games_Feature_Matrix_6.06.12.pdf (PDF preview)
xmenle.jpg
stargate.jpg
There are 537 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 11 years ago

I'm not ashamed to say it looks amazing and really makes me want it just on looks alone. Cant wait to see some gameplay vids real soon.....

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Tough crowd , the bashers really need to step back as I am sure lots of people like this theme and are excited to get it ! Quit pissing on their parade and enjoy the different pinball machines coming out

I don't see folks offering an unfavorable opinion as pissing. Its just an opinion and we often times have different ones. These are of course knee jerk reactions at this point since its being measured against the hype.

#53 11 years ago

First impressions:

+ Love the Artwork/Colors
+ All three cabinets look awesome! Great idea for the colored rails...etc. (Pro looks best in my opinion though)
+ Looks like there's a lot to do. Obviously we don't know right now, but it looks to be fairly deep.
+ Clear Plastic Ramps
+ Bumper Placement
+ Magnetism abounds.

and the negative...

- UGLY-ASS over-sized plastic figures make the thing look cheap.
- The Nightcrawler pop-ups are cool but the art on them looks kind of dull.
- No LCD (if that is to be the future) but I don't mind a good ole' DMD
- Wolverine looks WAY too close to the center of the playfield.
- Looks like the game is more character than mission based. I see a lot of names not "goal-oriented" inserts (May be totally wrong).

Here's hoping the DMD animations are just like the television show. How awesome would that be?

It's too much money for me right now - I'm looking for a mint LOTR at the moment...so maybe in the future.

#54 11 years ago

Pro has NO moving Ramp, no pop up targets, No spinning magnet on the Pro. Looks great.

#55 11 years ago

I still got Uncanny X-Men #265 which is the first appearance of Gambit I believe. Will make an awesome topper!

#56 11 years ago

How will that ramp work? Looks to me like it will break real easy having that long run with only 1 pivot point will make it bend very easily.

Better be really light and have one hell of a structure support to it.

#57 11 years ago

Definitely looking forward to playing this. The Pro art looks the best. I'm generally not a fan of colored trim that jumps out from the rest of the art. Black looks best in this case.

At first glance it reminds me of a reversed Tron PF.

#58 11 years ago

Wow!!! Looks INCREDIBLE!!

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't see folks offering an unfavorable opinion as pissing.

Yes, yesterday it was :"X-Men the best thing since women topless sunbathing!"

Today its: "What the hell, why do they look like that?"

Can a Pro Translite be put in place of the LE backglass?

Robert

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, but you will have to buy glass and trim for it.

#61 11 years ago

So I sat down and gave this a better look. Impressions based on LE because I don't go for gimp models.

Looking at the playfield, it's a bit crowded - that bash toy is in the way of at least 45 degrees of spinout angles from the disc, the left Nightcrawler can only be hit with the right flipper, or the upper right flipper but only from the side. Will smacking the ball into the sides of the nightcrawlers register a hit or just stop the ball dead in mid-flip? I guess that's why they appear to have blue pads on the sides.

Miniposts with rubber protecting the ramp side. NO! They need to use the heavy duty types that go through the whole playfield, those self threading ones just bend back over time when in the direct path of the ball. Theres another near the Xavier insert. In fact, the ball spinner is going to fire things right at them too.

Scoop will get old (and worn) fast due to bounces off the Hellfire targets. Not too sure about ramps that are made from 2 sections with a riveted metal joiner. Green targets on Magneto lane should probably be slightly further back. Make sure you fit mylar protectors around the Nightcrawlers because those edges are going to be common ball travel areas, right especially. That problem doesn't exist at the spinner due to a sensible area left blank.

I think it's going to be a fast hectic game, but feel a little cramped. I've not seen that much stuff jammed into a playfield in years - how much do these cost? I love the artwork but the two big toys do look a little cheap - if they were airbrushed by proper artists they would look great - that might be a good aftermarket mod service in fact. It probably also sounds like I'm just ragging on the game here, don't worry - I'm a glass half empty kind of guy, first thing I look at on any machine is 'what can get broken?'. I think it looks cool, just have a lot of concerns.

Need Cliffies.

#62 11 years ago

Looks to me like the nightcrawlers give way and allow the ball to pass into them. I could be seeing things, but I think that is why they are flat on the front. Then the ball may go to the VUK and be deposited on the ramp. Sweet if that is the case. I have to go with a Wolvy here, but really love the Pro art.

#63 11 years ago

Hmmm... big figures are big.

#64 11 years ago

So glad they went with the 90's style art I was hoping for. I agree the custom molded figures are a tad large, but they are exactly the style I wanted. I'm pumped.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looks to me like the nightcrawlers give way and allow the ball to pass into them. I could be seeing things, but I think that is why they are flat on the front. Then the ball may go to the VUK and be deposited on the ramp. Sweet if that is the case.

That would be cool.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

MrSanRamon said:

Yes, but you will have to buy glass and trim for it.

I know, but was wondering if the fit size is the same...looks like it and most likely would fit, as why would they make 2 different heads.

Robert

#67 11 years ago

I'll be the first one to do it

122.jpg122.jpg

#68 11 years ago

Only thing I dont see is a better tribute to Juggernaut. Been cool if there was a juggernaut head to target. BUT I STILL LOVE IT!!

#69 11 years ago

Jumping on the bandwagon. That Pro cabinet looks WAY cooler than the LE cabinets--to me anyways.

#70 11 years ago

I think WOO is made better! But its the theme that counts!

#71 11 years ago

I like the pro art package the best. The layout looks pretty sweet to me with some tight shots. A ton of shots to shoot for. The art package on the playfield looks pretty damn good IMO. I can't wait to get a chance to play it hope it is awesome.

#72 11 years ago

Is it me or does the LE bother anyone else?

- Everything on the LE looks to slow the ball down.

-good news is you can most likely disable the moving ramp and pop ups.

Bad news

Moving Ramp looks like bad idea
Pop ups in front of the ramps - if the edges wear anything like the trap door in TOM this may cause future issues.

Give me the pro with the divertor and the magnet locking mech and this game looks killer.

This may be a case where as a player I disable a lot of the LE features

Also this moving ramp has me concerned as it looks like it may be problematic to maintain and it will potentially slow down the game or block your view

#73 11 years ago

Just a note on the art, it seems to be a mish-mash of different comic book artists. The Wolverine on the LE cab art is Jim Lee for example.

And what happened to the steel ramps?

Hopefully the QR Code idea works out a little better this time..

#74 11 years ago

Didn't the release video show metal ramps? Now they are plastic??

#75 11 years ago

Pro - Left Backbox is Greg Land. (Phoenix)

LE: Wolverine - Jim Lee

Need to dig up who drew the other stuff..

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

And what happened to the steel ramps? []

They would definitely block the playfield view...

Robert

#77 11 years ago

hmm, personally i feel dissapointed, not what i was expecting.
Dunno looks "cheap" against the formers ones (TF LE, AC/DC LE's). If this goes for the price between AC/DC LE and TF LE, im not buying it. Never thought i would say it though.
Not speaking about gameplay, because, well you can't if you haven't seen it play.
Seems like a pass for me, oh well on to Avengers then!

#78 11 years ago

The more I look at these pics the more I'm thinking about a Pro and warming up to it a bit. The Pro looks fast and I'm not digging the movable ramp. The art is better on the Pro (you get two chicks on the head of the pro). So, I'd be giving up the pop-up but, they look to slow down flow anyway and the spinning disk. But, saving 2k. Hmmm...

#79 11 years ago

Like Pro cabinet art better also. As for the rest of it, well, uh, ... when does Avengers come out?

#80 11 years ago

I am SEVERELY disappointed in how cramped the LE looks. The moving Metal Ramp, the GIANT WOLVERINE, and the Nightcrawler Boxes are disappointing. The PRO art is VASTLY superior as well.. Reconsidering my deposit.

-Wes

#81 11 years ago

I guess I'm a wait and see kind of guy. I'm sure we will get a good amount of feedback from LE purchasers which will give a good indication of play on the pro version (the one I would purchase).

#82 11 years ago

I didn't see the hidden captive ball scoop listed on the spreadsheet JJ sent. Guess that was changed. No biggie. No reason to have 2 scoops right next to each other.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I'm sure we will get a good amount of feedback from LE purchasers which will give a good indication of play on the pro version (the one I would purchase).

The only problem with that is everyone who owns the LE will be terribly biased and say it's the cat's ass regardless

#84 11 years ago

hrmm the pro looks better as far as game play, art, and everything else minus those over sized bobble head looking figures on the playfield!

Either way I hope I get a chance to play it, but I will never own one because of the missing features between the two even though it looks better without them.

#85 11 years ago

It looks like they took every X-Men comment and "what people want on their new machine" comment and tried to address it in this machine.

The result is that the top of the playfield looks really cluttered and the bottom looks empty...with stupid looking big dolls on the playfield.

Not really sure how it's going to play...but to me X-Men looks a little better than WoZ in possible game play...perhaps faster, and it doesn't have a mini-playfield.

Robert

#86 11 years ago

Hmmm,

First I was excited as I love the Bad guy version.

Good guys is not a nice as hoped.

Pro is better.

Playfield. 2 mega plastic toys and it looks cluttered and all plastic ramps.

All ready to order a good guys LE but big doubts now.

I may save 2k and get the Pro and I do not have to rush and can wait and see what the game plays like.

#87 11 years ago

I think the wolverine and magneto toys look bad ass. As for night crawler, hard to say from those pics. Remember this toys are getting hit from the upper right flipper as well, not just the bottom flippers like MM so they gotta be designed differently.

#88 11 years ago

Dont have time to look at all the details but first impression... UG... Talk about zizzle.. i prefer hasbro toys to those massive 10" figure chopped at waist smooth ones.

Oh well....

Stern always finds a way to spoil a great thing...

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I may save 2k and get the Pro and I do not have to rush and can wait and see what the game plays like.

My thoughts X100. First impressions look like the Pro is the one to get and now there is no longer a big hurry to order for me at least.

#90 11 years ago

how long till the wolverine giant figures claws get broken off? :/ I have a good guy Le reserved but now re-considering given the giant figures / was hoping for something a little grittier vs bright and shiny.

That and while Gambit is in the middle of pop bumpers, he doesn't seem to be on the main X mode indicator..

#91 11 years ago

Suspiciously similar to Zizzle Marvel Heroes

XMenPro-Right.JPGXMenPro-Right.JPG

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'm sure we will get a good amount of feedback from LE purchasers which will give a good indication of play on the pro version (the one I would purchase).

The only problem with that is everyone who owns the LE will be terribly biased and say it's the cat's ass regardless

they'll still post video's so I can judge for myself. Or better yet they're friends will tell the truth.

#94 11 years ago

This game is screaming Premium Bad!! Really bad. Love that Pro art work. Want all the goodies also. Wait and see.

#95 11 years ago

I personally am disappointed with some aspects but I still think they turned out good. I agree the figures are too big and mostly dislike that it appears not much detail was put into the figures. Nightcrawlers - pumped to hear they were adding these but like all disappointed you are hitting a flat target which I am sure will show wear in no time. Ramps look very exposed for breaking especially with a magnet throwing the balls around just a little ways from them. Besides those I think it will be fast and fun. Love the toys just wish they would have thought about a little smaller with more detail on figures and adding some 3d figures for nightcrawlers.

I am getting a Wolverine LE but have to agree the pro cab art is the best

#96 11 years ago

I'd like to know why they keep using that tacky "chrome" trim on the backbox.

#97 11 years ago

I dunno. Big Wolverine 'bash' toy looks ... big. Magneto looks cool, appropriate, and not as imposing since he's closer to the back.

The Nightcrawler targets are a bit of a disappointment. I thought they might be more like MM troll faces too. I think Sentinels would have been better. Maybe someone will mold a mod.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by the playfield art. Not much happening in the middle and it looks like Cyclops and Iceman are shooting the 'X' logo. Or is that Sauron? Just a jumble of the Rogue's Gallery at the very bottom. The whole 'look' reminds me of Iron Man. Not very inspired at all. I was hoping for something that looked more comic book-ish, like Judge Dredd. Or an large, action-packed, double-page spread. Not a word bubble anywhere!

Wolvie is going to lose claws and Magneto, fingers.

Have to see, hear and play it in person to be fair.

#98 11 years ago

I have opened the matrix in Excel and then made a screenshot of it, makes it much easier to read!

Screen_Shot_2012-06-07_at_8.05.44_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2012-06-07_at_8.05.44_PM.png

#99 11 years ago

It looks to me that the spinning magnet on the pro and the LE look the same? If so I would def go with the Pro. Better art. Not a big fan of the pop ups and moving ramp.

PS guys
This is not a GAME CHANGER in any way shape or form. Just for the record. Minus the 2 HUGE figures, it does look cool. Mag looks ok bc hes set back but Wolvi looks a bit out of place.

#100 11 years ago

Look closer at the wolverine back glass; that thing is bad ass. The pro is busier with all the heros/villains but the artwork on the LEs are pretty bad ass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
There are 537 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-stern-x-men-pinball-official-release/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.