Topic poll

“SMVE or TWD Premium”

• SMVE 43 votes
    47%
  • TWD 49 votes
    53%

(92 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Having a very hard time deciding between these two machines. I enjoy playing both but can only purchase one. It will sit next to our ACDC LUCI. I've always enjoyed the layout, ball times and fun factor of SM. The new art package is very appealing to my family and I. As for TWD, we love the show and I've enjoyed playing this game as well. The ball times seem much shorter but it seems to have a deeper path if you can keep it in play. Basically the same price just needing to pick one and start having some fun. Would love to hear from someone that owns them both as well!
Appreciate your thoughts! Thx

#2 7 years ago

Tight race

#3 7 years ago

Both fun games. I would lean towards TWD just so you could have a game from two different designers.

#5 7 years ago

I'm not sure you will have an easier time after this poll. I think it will also be split.

They are both great games, so there is no wrong decision. SMVE is obviously going to be the longer playing, flowy game. TWD can be a brutal, nasty fight with moments of sheer exhilaration followed by crushing defeat.

I voted for TWD because I think it has the edge. But I know that game isn't for everyone. Personally if go TWD and if it didn't work out, sell it and get the SM. So really I guess that means TWD first

#6 7 years ago

Still tight ... Wondering if one will actually take off from the other.

#7 7 years ago

32 votes and one is beginning to take the lead ....

#8 7 years ago

We have all 3 Pins you've mentioned (TWD-LE, AC/DC-LUCI & SM) I voted for TWD.
AC/DC & SM are great Freaking games but somewhat similar play wise being SR Games, great & fast w/flowing shots.
TWD is as great & fast but with really tight shots (IMO) which I love !
Haven't played a SM-VE so make sure do that before you make the decision - you honestly can't go wrong either Pin

#9 7 years ago

Love the comments !

#10 7 years ago

I own walking dead and the original stern spider man and I would pick walking dead over Spiderman because TWD is harder and faster and has cool toys and I could play Spiderman by shooting doc ock over and over which is boring because spider man is an easier game.

#11 7 years ago

I have both, and am a major Steve Ritchie fan! But the main reason I chose SM:VE is I still haven't been able to do much with TWD. the game just constantly kicks my arse. so much to the point, that I quit playing and go back to either IM:VE or SM:VE..

you will enjoy either one no matter which one you pick they are both great games!!

#12 7 years ago

I voted SMVE since you suggested you'll be playing with your family and I imagine they'd appreciate the longer ball times on SM. Of course if they love a brutal (and potentially short) fight, TWD may better fit the bill.

#13 7 years ago

TWD all the way. SM sits right next to it. Gets boring quickly, good for a few games at a time, that's it.

#14 7 years ago

I own Spidey VE and have played TWD many times.

I agree with iceman, have both.

I think Spidey VE over TWD, but TWD over original Spidey.

#15 7 years ago

Still a close race ....

#16 7 years ago

I'm no help, there both awsome !! You can't go wrong either way..

#17 7 years ago

Flip a coin! both are great pins, twd is brutal but more rewarding...good luck choosing

#18 7 years ago

Close call but I vote TWD Prem -- more challenging, better animations, layering of shots/modes and stacking, plus I like "darker" games and zombies.

My TWD premium has the sound mod with clips from the TV show, which to me fits the mood and theme LOTS better.

I owned Spidey for about 5 months last year and really enjoyed it. If I had a bigger gameroom it probably would have stayed but I don't so I gotta be picky.

#19 7 years ago

Man these are two of my all time favorite games and some of Lyman (make that all of pinball)'s best code. The code in both is just genius. The walking dead is a faster brutal layout. Spider-Man is a great flowing layout with Steve Ritchie style smoothness.

Both games are difficult to beat. Both games have mid way and easy to achieve goals. Midway goals are hoard, maybe bloodbath on twd and battle royale on spidey. Spider-Man has a 6 stage wizard mode that I doubt I'll ever beat. The walking dead has some of the most satisfying scoring opportunities during the modes.

Twd layout is brutal and not forgiving. You will be frustrated at times. Spider-Man layout is not brutal and ball times can be long. You'll need them though if you want any chance of getting to super hero.

1 week later
#20 7 years ago

I wonder how many SMVE's they will end up making .... If they ever get back on the line.

#21 7 years ago

Wow .... A 50/50 split down the middle. Awesome!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Wow .... A 50/50 split down the middle. Awesome!

I guess you have to buy both now..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-smve-vs-twd-premium-vote-2-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.