DSCF1079 (resized).JPG
DSCF1078 (resized).JPG
DSCF1077 (resized).JPG
DSCF1076 (resized).JPG
DSCF1073 (resized).JPG
DSCF1072 (resized).JPG
DSCF1070 (resized).JPG
DSCF1068 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

What would be a realistic asking price for a decent Addams Family in the central PA area. Machine plays good and looks decent but it does have the typical playfield wear in the magnet area. As we get ready to scale back the collection by another 5 or 6 machines we are currently in the process of trying to decide what is going to stay and what is leaving. If we can get enough money for the Addams Family we are thinking about letting that one go but have not finalized that decision yet.

Machine doesn't not have LED's or any mods just basically the way you would have seen in in an arcade 25 years ago.

#5 2 years ago

These "new prices" are driving me crazy so I figured I would ask and get some idea. My brain is still stuck on pre Corona Virus prices so I am having a hard time believing some of the asking prices I am seeing machines listed for these days. I know demand for machines is at an all time high but everything seems overpriced to me these days.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Today's market is lunacy, so I would go big and hopefully you will not have to sell anything else. You can probably get $8500.

Unlike most people in the world today my life does not revolve around money or getting top dollar out of everything I sell. I am just looking to get a "fair" return on my investment and to pass a few machines along to people who will enjoy them.

If we do decide to sell I am thinking maybe $6800 to $7200 asking price and see what happens. I guess part of it really just depends on what machines we decide to sell and what stays. My main interest is to make room to set up everything we have instead of having several machines folded up that are not getting played. To do this I'll need to sell 3 to 5 machines depending on our "final" gameroom layout.

I figure if I sell this at right around $7,000 my buyer will be able to enjoy it and still "flip it" down the road for a profit if they decide to go in that direction. So I don't need to milk every last dollar out of it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Dear everyone,
Please follow this man’s example.
Sincerely,
The Management

Thanks,

I was selling pinball parts online for around 10 years and always approached that the same way. To me life has always been "have enough to pay the bills and a few extra dollars just in case" but beyond that I don't need excess money. I'll never be rich but I really would rather be happy and help as many people as I can while I am here on earth.

When buying I always try to be as fair as possible with sellers and when selling I always try to be as fair as possible with buyers. That approach has never made me a ton of money but I have made a lot of good friends over the years.

We are getting ready to have our annual New Years get together with my other son & his wife. Once that is behind us it will be time to decide what 3 or 4 games are leaving in 2022. I am fairly sure Addams Family will be one of those because our machines don't get played enough to justify having a $7000 toy sitting in the collection. We always wanted one - we have owned it for several years - now I think it is time to let it go and let someone else enjoy it.

At this point I think our Space Shuttle and Popeye Saves the Earth will be two others headed out the door but beyond that it is going to get tough. Maybe our project Silverball Mania would be next?

1 week later
#14 2 years ago
DSCF1064 (resized).JPGDSCF1064 (resized).JPGDSCF1066 (resized).JPGDSCF1066 (resized).JPGDSCF1068 (resized).JPGDSCF1068 (resized).JPGDSCF1070 (resized).JPGDSCF1070 (resized).JPGDSCF1072 (resized).JPGDSCF1072 (resized).JPGDSCF1073 (resized).JPGDSCF1073 (resized).JPGDSCF1076 (resized).JPGDSCF1076 (resized).JPGDSCF1077 (resized).JPGDSCF1077 (resized).JPGDSCF1078 (resized).JPGDSCF1078 (resized).JPGDSCF1079 (resized).JPGDSCF1079 (resized).JPGDSCF1080 (resized).JPGDSCF1080 (resized).JPGDSCF1082 (resized).JPGDSCF1082 (resized).JPGDSCF1086 (resized).JPGDSCF1086 (resized).JPGDSCF1087 (resized).JPGDSCF1087 (resized).JPGDSCF1089 (resized).JPGDSCF1089 (resized).JPGDSCF1093 (resized).JPGDSCF1093 (resized).JPGDSCF1095 (resized).JPGDSCF1095 (resized).JPG
#15 2 years ago

I added some pictures to this post for people who emailed and asked to see pictures. This should also help better establish a realistic asking price for both me and anyone else interested in knowing what Pinsiders thought a realistic asking price for a decent original Addams is.

DSCF1084 (resized).JPGDSCF1084 (resized).JPG
#18 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

$8.5-9K in today's market... that's what I would ask if I were you.

Thanks,

I was thinking more in the $7500 range but I tend to price stuff below market value just because it is a hobby for me and I am not really about milking every last dollar out of items we sell. I really should "rethink" that with all the BS people want to put you through when you are trying to be a "nice guy". But at 67 years old I doubt I'll ever change.

Thanks Again!
Skip

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
16,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-researching-addams-family-realistic-asking-price-?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.