(Topic ID: 80336)

-=RCade's=- X-Men v1.5 changes and rules!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140515_212352.jpg
20140515_212337.jpg
image-124.jpg
20140216_011113.jpg
2014-02-13_23-58-11_409.jpg
IMAG0552-212.jpg
20140213_191252.jpg
DSC07985.JPG
CAM00601.jpg
IMG_5447.jpg
IMG_5448.jpg
image-2.jpg
image.jpg
DSC07978.JPG
DSC07977.JPG
deadpool.png
There are 334 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Allow option of disabling collected heroes (Both) -------- NOPE. WHY WAS THIS SUGGESTED?!?!

Because they get in the way of doing heroes you haven't completed. An option to disable them or silently stack them after being completed would be nice. EX: As it is now if you have Storm to beat and have already beat Cyclops...you hit Cyclops to get to Storm...OH NO!...I started Cyclops again. It has been better since the last update though as the amount of shots to restart a completed hero was increased.

Thanks for the glass off tests Rcade. It's nice to have an update and you can call me entitled if you like (wow, I hate that trendy word), but an unfinished but updated game is still unfinished. If there are more updates...great! If not...it's still an unfinished game. If you can't finish coding a wizard mode...don't bother putting it in. It's also obvious they are just skipping over and ignoring the majority of the bugs.

So in summary: Thanks for the update Stern. It sounds like this version is the best so far. Now get back to work fixing the bugs and finish the game.

#52 10 years ago

Like I have always said my magneto is bolted to the floor and this will be a very sought after game some day

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Like I have always said my magneto is bolted to the floor...

How do you nudge if this is the case?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

How do you nudge if this is the case?

Moves the whole house....called a "power nudge"

#55 10 years ago

Timing to activate the Phoenix lane to lock the ball after the plunge has not been fixed.

DESCRIPTION: If you soft plunge, hit the Storm ramp for a skill shot and then hit it directly to the Phoenix lane the ball will not lock a great deal of the time (even though the lock is lit). How hard can it be to lower that timing or better yet make any switch other then the shooter lane or Phoenix switch activate the Phoenix switch so it is available for a lock?

#56 10 years ago

Well Shit !!! Cant say i am really happy about the release of the new code, i have made plans to make a purchase in a couple weeks and am now worried that people will change their minds about selling this title. Congrats to all the owners who wanted the code, you deserve it. Day late dollar short will likely cost me in my wallet now.

#57 10 years ago

Here are a couple of Deadpool graphics that display on the DMD now, compliments of Pinball Browser:

deadpool.pngdeadpool.png
#58 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

. If you can't finish coding a wizard mode...don't bother putting it in.

Totally disagree. Way better to have something than nothing. A final multi ball is at least a reward for the achievement of getting there even if it's not a great award.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Totally disagree. Way better to have something than nothing. A final multi ball is at least a reward for the achievement of getting there even if it's not a great award.

I have to disagree. If you won a contest and the prize was a piece of paper saying "You Win!", would you be happy? I think you'd rather have an actual prize. Why not just reset the villains after Dark Phoenix and reset the Heroes after Danger Room?

#60 10 years ago

Freaking LOVE this new update! Deadpool is great, and it really does help defeat the villians! A+ Stern title for sure!!!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Even if that unfinished wizard mode skips over and blocks one of the 2 finished wizard modes?

I haven't heard if that bug was fixed in this update, but by looking at what has been fixed, (not much) I wouldn't count on it.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I have to disagree. If you won a contest and the prize was a piece of paper saying "You Win!", would you be happy? I think you'd rather have an actual prize. Why not just reset the villains after Dark Phoenix and reset the Heroes after Danger Room?

I would agree here. If you wanna keep the mode a Lonnie Special, fine. But, give it some cool animation. I think the team is proud of the game and they should be. If the game were my baby, I'd want to go back to it at some point. I hope they do, anyway. But, it sounds like most are happy so far. I think BDK still has a mode that has placeholder graphics, also.

#63 10 years ago

This game is smoking!!!! I should mention I have everything stackable, so much fast paced hurry up action!

DSC07977.JPGDSC07977.JPG

DSC07978.JPGDSC07978.JPG

#64 10 years ago

It sounds like DP isn't a mode that supposed to finish on its own. Like, all modes are attached to a timer, and this was a shorthand way to make sure you play until you drain all three.

Do you get another ball after you drain the third?

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I have to disagree. If you won a contest and the prize was a piece of paper saying "You Win!", would you be happy? I think you'd rather have an actual prize.

I appreciate your viewpoint. However, I can say there have been some heated battles in our local club tourneys that have been to avoid the title of "Super Grover" (that is what we call the last place finisher).

The point is: an actual prize is not always required. Bragging rights can go a long way

#66 10 years ago

I've got a (probably stupid) question. How did you guys know the code was updated when the readme hasn't been updated yet??

I always check the readme to see if the code has been updated. ...is there a better way?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Okay, I tested and retested this, and my revised assumption still stands:
If you do not defeat a villain while Deadpool is hired, he is STILL ACTIVE for the next time you start a villain, assuming you don't drain your ball.
-Deadpool still active during the entirety of Omega Red.

Oh, I assumed by not defeating villain that you had drained. Never tried timing it.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I've got a (probably stupid) question. How did you guys know the code was updated when the readme hasn't been updated yet??
I always check the readme to see if the code has been updated. ...is there a better way?

They posted it on FB, and Also their blog section. However, I think some on pinside actually have scripts that check the stern sight every few minutes.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

They posted it on FB, and Also their blog section

Gotcha - THANKS!!

#70 10 years ago

What exactly is deadpool and what does it do? Rcade explains it in his first post, but it's not clear to me. I suspect it will become clearer when I upgrade. I see that it starts after 10 combos, but don't quite get it after that. Does it automatically start or do you choose it through the scoop menu? How does it help you defeat villains?

#71 10 years ago

Oh hey!!!! The game now says lines when you hit the flipper button when not in play! I dont think it did that before.

#72 10 years ago

On the LE, when you qualify the deadpool mode,the apron lights kind of pulse. It's VERY VERY cool.

-Wes

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What exactly is deadpool and what does it do? Rcade explains it in his first post, but it's not clear to me.

He starts when you start whatever villain mode and makes each hit do tons of damage so you progress through the villain way faster than normal.

edit---when you hit the 10th combo the dmd usually notifies you he is available with a machine gun sound and a quick visual reference.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh hey!!!! The game now says lines when you hit the flipper button when not in play! I dont think it did that before.

Right. Attract mode flipper sounds and end of game flasher show are new with this update. I was waiting for both. Simple add-ons that mean so much to me

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He starts when you start whatever villain mode and makes each hit do tons of damage so you progress through the villain way faster than normal.
edit---when you hit the 10th combo the dmd usually notifies you he is available with a machine gun sound and a quick visual reference.

I hope not too easy, and that the mode is adjustable.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I hope not too easy, and that the mode is adjustable.

I just quick ran through the menu and didnt see any Dpool adjustments except for how many combos it takes to activate him, so if you want to make it harder bump that up.

The villain modes are pretty difficult to beat unless you have very good pin skills, Dpool is just an award for combos, I like it!

This code has unique combo extra ball award also, did the last code have that? Excuse my ignorance.

#77 10 years ago

I'll have to double check, but I think I just got an extra ball on my Pro for hitting just one Night Crawler ramp! That is very exciting, as it was nearly impossible to hit the required four ramps during NC mode.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This code has unique combo extra ball award also, did the last code have that? Excuse my ignorance.

Previous code did not award extra balls for combos despite the setting in the adjustment menu. I had been asking for this, glad it's here now!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just quick ran through the menu and didnt see any Dpool adjustments except for how many combos it takes to activate him, so if you want to make it harder bump that up.
The villain modes are pretty difficult to beat unless you have very good pin skills, Dpool is just an award for combos, I like it!

Yes, unique combo extra ball award is new.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

New/revised adjustments:
40 - combo champ awards (credit/ticket/token)
41 - combo champ award (o=disabled, 1=enabled)
42 - unique combo extra ball (10, adjustable)
43 - combos for deadpool (10, adjustable) note these are the 2way/3way combos from before, not unique ones.
44 - dark phoenix balls per game (3, adjustable to 5)

They also took out the deadpool timer since deadpool is combo enabled now and keeps going until you drain.
The two way, 3 way combos are now increment to show you how many combos you've done and are availabel as RCade said in the instant info.

If I recall there was another extra ball setting in the menu that was removed, but it wasn';t active before anyway.

#81 10 years ago

Very nice

Quoted from Rcade:Yes, unique combo extra ball award is new.

Very nice

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What exactly is deadpool and what does it do? Rcade explains it in his first post, but it's not clear to me. I suspect it will become clearer when I upgrade. I see that it starts after 10 combos, but don't quite get it after that. Does it automatically start or do you choose it through the scoop menu? How does it help you defeat villains?

Yeah, sorry about that. It's confusing to explain properly in detail, but the overall "point" to Deadpool is that you hire him for bonus damage during villains to make them easier to defeat. Deadpool can add damage even for hitting shots during villain modes that AREN'T lit. I assume it's a certain number of total switch hits that auto triggers the bonus damage from Deadpool, because hitting Clop's spinner seems to always activate the bonus damage while Deadpool is active.

#83 10 years ago

This upgrade is great!
Don't forget to update your review at TOP 100!

#84 10 years ago

Now I'm going to have to play with purpose instead of bash it and see the new update is good wish I was home playing it now instead of at work!

#85 10 years ago

Love the update. Just got my highest score ever - 139+ million. The Pro is giving me extra balls for night crawler and Deadpool does wonders when battling the Villains. I can actually see myself getting to the wizard modes for the first time.....

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Even if that unfinished wizard mode skips over and blocks one of the 2 finished wizard modes?
I haven't heard if that bug was fixed in this update, but by looking at what has been fixed, (not much) I wouldn't count on it.

I don't believe the skips over part is related to the finishing of the wizard mode or not. Sounds like a priority bug.

Quoted from judremy:

The wizard mode is a playable multiball with sounds and scoring. It's not comparible to a piece of paper. The rules may be simple and there are no animations. But come on, who is looking up at the Dmd during a multiball anyway? It would be great if they finished it up. But in my opinion, I'm glad it's there.

#87 10 years ago

Just updated the code, very nice, big improvements. We are going to be putting up much higher scores. My first game after the update was 95 mil and I had hero stacking off. Dead pool makes completing the villains much easier, not sure if that's good, but game feels easier so I need to make some adjustments. I got three extra balls, that never happened with the old code. Graphics and callouts are better, dead pool gunfire is cool. The scope gave me an award to start weapon X, not sure that's so good. I need much more time on this, but it's a very big improvement.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't believe the skips over part is related to the finishing of the wizard mode or not. Sounds like a priority bug.

From what I thought I had read about this bug:

If you had been to Danger Room and had also got a Mags super jack pot and THEN beat all of the villains....the game would then skip Dark Phoenix and go straight to Incomplete Generic Wizard mode. With no way to go back to Dark Phoenix except to re-beat each villain.

If you had got Dark Phoenix mode and had also got a Mags super jackpot and THEN collected all the heroes (or qualified Danger Room)....the game would then skip Danger Room and go straight to Incomplete Generic Wizard mode. With no way to go back to Danger Room except to re-qualify it.

So the only way to actually see all 3 wizard modes is to make sure you don't hit a Mags super jackpot until AFTER getting Danger Room AND Dark Phoenix. Otherwise Incomplete Generic Wizard mode will override one of the two complete wizard modes (depending on the order they would have been reached).

It sound like the qualifier for Incomplete Generic Wizard mode is: Complete all heroes, Complete all villains and get a Mags super . The qualifications SHOULD BE: Visit Danger Room, attempt Dark Phoenix and get a Mags super. That doesn't seem like it would be a big change AND it may have been fixed with 1.50, but with the track record I have seen with 1.50 and bug fixes....and speculating X-Men is "done" I'm going to guess it it a bug for the ages.

Keep in mind...I only know what I remember and have read about this bug. I also haven't heard if this was corrected with the 1.50 release. It may have been. What I am saying is it would be a big shame for Incomplete Generic Wizard mode to override one of the wizard modes that are actually complete....and better to not have it at all as opposed to having it block a completed wizard modes.

I will never get to it anyway.

Best case scenario is they complete Generic Wizard mode and make it so all 3 wizard modes could be played without the Mags super jackpot placement messing that up. Next best case would be if they fixed the priority of it OR completed it. Having a complete wizard mode override another complete wizard mode would be a lot easier to swallow than a partly finished one overriding a nice completed one.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just updated the code, very nice, big improvements. We are going to be putting up much higher scores. My first game after the update was 95 mil and I had hero stacking off. Dead pool makes completing the villains much easier, not sure if that's good, but game feels easier so I need to make some adjustments. I got three extra balls, that never happened with the old code. Graphics and callouts are better, dead pool gunfire is cool. The scope gave me an award to start weapon X, not sure that's so good. I need much more time on this, but it's a very big improvement.

The mystery scoop award for WXMB, from what I have tested so far, seems to only activate when you've already played WXMB once before and failed to finish it. I actually like that award after thinking about it, because you need to beat that mode anyways to get to DR, and if you failed the first time, it saves you some dangerous Wolvie hits. The whole concept of the mystery awards auto starting attempted but failed Hero modes is great for helping the player reach DR a tad bit easier. Takes some of the grinding away and cuts you some slack.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Graphics and callouts are better

Curious...What graphics and callouts were improved?

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

The mystery scoop award for WXMB, from what I have tested so far, seems to only activate when you've already played WXMB once before and failed to finish it. I actually like that award after thinking about it, because you need to beat that mode anyways to get to DR, and if you failed the first time, it saves you some dangerous Wolvie hits. The whole concept of the mystery awards auto starting attempted but failed Hero modes is great for helping the player reach DR a tad bit easier. Takes some of the grinding away and cuts you some slack.

That does sound nice. I'm all for increasing the amount of hits to re-start a collected hero (since they didn't add an option to be done with them after being beat), but I do find Weapon X going the extreme route with that concept.

Sure Weapon X is super easy to start the first time, the second time is more hits. That's ok and it has to be done if it wasn't beat the first time, but if you fail his mode the second time it gets down right ridicules. What is it 20 hits to start him again? I would very much appreciate getting that mystery scoop award and a 3rd shot at him without 20 hits.

#92 10 years ago

Made corrections to the bugs section addressed on the previous page. These were changed:

:::::::::::XAVIER DURING VILLAIN MODES:::::::::::
Got to the bottom of the no Xavier DMD animations during villain mode. I tested this further tonight because it seemed silly that this wasn't addressed to me because it makes Xavier almost impossible during villains. Thankfully, they DID address the issue, just not in the way we were expecting.

If you start Xavier now during a villain, the mystery mutant shot is automatically revealed and lit on the playfield, so you can see which shot to go for without having to see the silhouette or hit the first Xavier shot to reveal the mutant. I assume they went this route because of awkward choreography between having to switch between the Xavier animations and the villain animations. I'm fine with this, it's like a little bonus for stacking Xavier into a villain mode, rather than by himself.

:::::::::::::ICEMAN MODE RED ARROW:::::::::::::
This, turns out. Is addressed. Don't know why I didn't think it was; I'm an idiot. Anyways, the red arrow is no longer lit during Iceman's mode; it is now just the iceman shot insert.

:::::::::::::LOWEST BH TARGET NOT LIGHTING DURING XAVIER SEARCH MODE INTRO:::::::::::::
I had this down as not knowing, so I went back and payed attention. It still does not light during the Xavier mode beginning "search" sequence.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If you had been to Danger Room and had also got a Mags super jack pot and THEN beat all of the villains....the game would then skip Dark Phoenix and go straight to Incomplete Generic Wizard mode. With no way to go back to Dark Phoenix except to re-beat each villain.
If you had got Dark Phoenix mode and had also got a Mags super jackpot and THEN collected all the heroes (or qualified Danger Room)....the game would then skip Danger Room and go straight to Incomplete Generic Wizard mode. With no way to go back to Danger Room except to re-qualify it.
So the only way to actually see all 3 wizard modes is to make sure you don't hit a Mags super jackpot until after getting Danger Room AND Dark Phoenix. Otherwise Incomplete Generic Wizard mode will override one of the two complete wizard modes (depending on the order they would have been reached).
Keep in mind...I only know what I remember and have read about this bug. I also haven't heard if this was corrected with the 1.50 release. It may have been. What I am saying is it would be a big shame for Incomplete Generic Wizard mode to override one of the wizard modes that are actually complete....and better to not have it at all as opposed to having it block a completed wizard modes.
Best case scenario is they complete Generic Wizard mode and make it so all 3 wizard modes could be played without the Mags super jackpot placement messing that up. Next best case would be if they fixed the priority of it OR completed it. Having a complete wizard mode override another complete wizard mode would be a lot easier to swallow than a partly finished one overriding a nice completed one.

I will test this out right now to confirm.....

#94 10 years ago

Danger Room bug was fixed as well. No more ending the ball early when you start DR with a ball locked.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Curious...What graphics and callouts were improved?

There were quite a few, dead pool is the only one that sticks in my mind. I've only had one game on it, but it was noticeable. Maybe the term better wasn't the right one, and perhaps should have said new or different.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Made corrections to the bugs section addressed on the previous page. These were changed:
:::::::::::XAVIER DURING VILLAIN MODES:::::::::::
Got to the bottom of the no Xavier DMD animations during villain mode. I tested this further tonight because it seemed silly that this wasn't addressed to me because it makes Xavier almost impossible during villains. Thankfully, they DID address the issue, just not in the way we were expecting.
If you start Xavier now during a villain, the mystery mutant shot is automatically revealed and lit on the playfield, so you can see which shot to go for without having to see the silhouette or hit the first Xavier shot to reveal the mutant. I assume they went this route because of awkward choreography between having to switch between the Xavier animations and the villain animations. I'm fine with this, it's like a little bonus for stacking Xavier into a villain mode, rather than by himself.
:::::::::::::ICEMAN MODE RED ARROW:::::::::::::
This, turns out. Is addressed. Don't know why I didn't think it was; I'm an idiot. Anyways, the red arrow is no longer lit during Iceman's mode; it is now just the iceman shot insert.
:::::::::::::LOWEST BH TARGET NOT LIGHTING DURING XAVIER SEARCH MODE INTRO:::::::::::::
I had this down as not knowing, so I went back and payed attention. It still does not light during the Xavier mode beginning "search" sequence.

The Xavier problem was a bigish one. I'm glad it got resolved.

The Iceman red arrow was a great annoyance to me as I like uniformity on the information that the inserts are relaying. I know it was just a nit pick, but I'm glad it's gone. Another thumbs up.

The Xavier light intro is an even smaller nit pick. It would have been a bonus to display all of the possible targets before the mode starts, but very, very minor in my opinion.

#97 10 years ago

New bugs

If a ball is locked when a new game is started you once again get phantom ball locks.

I think this is it for updates 1.5 is done. I'm hoping we may get a couple of little bug fixes and victory laps to finish this off, but will not hold my breath. i hate Weapon X in in a dream world we would get an extra Wolvie mode, weapon x and then Victory laps.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There were quite a few, dead pool is the only one that sticks in my mind. I've only had one game on it, but it was noticeable. Maybe the term better wasn't the right one, and perhaps should have said new or different.

Yeah...I think the Deadpool stuff is all that was added (graphics and sound wise), but I was quite surprised to get anything new in the graphics and sound department. I was just expecting scoring and rules tweaks and bug fixes.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

So the only way to actually see all 3 wizard modes is to make sure you don't hit a Mags super jackpot until AFTER getting Danger Room AND Dark Phoenix. Otherwise Incomplete Generic Wizard mode will override one of the two complete wizard modes (depending on the order they would have been reached).
It sound like the qualifier for Incomplete Generic Wizard mode is: Complete all heroes, Complete all villains and get a Mags super . The qualifications SHOULD BE: Visit Danger Room, attempt Dark Phoenix and get a Mags super. That doesn't seem like it would be a big change AND it may have been fixed with 1.50, but with the track record I have seen with 1.50 and bug fixes....and speculating X-Men is "done" I'm going to guess it it a bug for the ages.

Honestly, I totally agree with you. This is a valid, well thought out answer. It would suck a lot for dark Phoenix to be blocked by generic wizard mode. I agree starting dark Phoenix should be the qualifying criteria not beating the villains.

I still back what I said though in a generic, non xmen specific case. I would rather have a stubbed in wizard mode in any game than no wizard mode at all.

I think the right thing to do is to make sure the wizard mode happens after dark Phoenix. To be honest, I wouldn't be happy jumping over dark Phoenix to the wizard mode even if the wizard mode was the most awesome thing in the game. Sounds like rcade will run a test for us.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

New bugs
If a ball is locked when a new game is started you once again get phantom ball locks.
I think this is it for updates 1.5 is done. I'm hoping we may get a couple of little bug fixes and victory laps to finish this off, but will not hold my breath. i hate Weapon X in in a dream world we would get an extra Wolvie mode, weapon x and then Victory laps.

Magneto releases all the balls at the end of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 334 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-rcades-x-men-v15-changes-and-rules/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.