39%

(23 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200828-203734 (resized).png
20200806_094207 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Whos getting one for Xmas

I have 2 boys that want one...so I think Ill try to get one for myself and let them share it

PlayStation 5 | Direct Pre-Orders - PlayStation
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2020/ps5-direct-pre-orders/

#2 3 years ago

I just got a ps4 hooked up so I doubt it
Not much time for consols as if late

#3 3 years ago

It’s been on my mind but still have so much to do on the PS4.

Are you going with or without disk drive?

#4 3 years ago

With disk drive since its backwards compatible

#5 3 years ago

I was one of the first to get a PS4. I was stoked...then I realized there weren't really any good games for it.

What games are going to be available at launch?

#6 3 years ago

Im getting it just for resident evil 8 alone,already signed up at gamestop for pre order notofication

#7 3 years ago

I'll be getting a PS5 and a pair of Xbox series X's (The wife plays online shooters with me). We each have our own setups with 4k Tv's and headphones.

#8 3 years ago

I already got a PS5 and it is backwards compatable!

20200806_094207 (resized).png20200806_094207 (resized).png
#9 3 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

Im getting it just for resident evil 8 alone,already signed up at gamestop for pre order notofication

Can't wait, 7 in vr was just too great.

#10 3 years ago

We are an Xbox family. Always have been, always will be. It’s just how it worked out. Haha. With that being said, can’t wait for the new generation of gaming consoles!

#11 3 years ago

Ps1, CD player
Ps2, DVD player
PS3, blu ray player
PS4, 4K. I don’t have a 4K tv, not going to buy a tv just for a console.
Ps5, 8k?

I have 3 PS3’s but since then I’ve only bought older consoles. Dreamcast with SD card reader, N64 with an everdrive, snes mini -hacked, saga mini - hacked, multiple arcade1up cabinets.

Modern gaming doesn’t do it for me anymore. I played enough doom and quake that FPS games bore me for the most part. My life is too busy to invest 100+ hours into an RPG. I have a Logitech G27 steering wheel and play gran tourismo on a PS3, but can’t justify Buying new console for a race car game that I won’t have time to unlock the new cars. I’m fine with casual races with the content I have in that game.

Nothing about the next gen gets me more excited then just playing on a PC

#12 3 years ago

Always tend to get the latest console, will get both ps5 and that new xbox. I lean more towards xbox because I love that achievement unlocked logo, but I hate that its not 100% backwards compatible. Still got my Xbox The Warriors I hope will one day again be playable

#13 3 years ago

Yeah I'll get one. Xbox x is my priority but like both systems enough and game enough to do both.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ps1, CD player
Ps2, DVD player
PS3, blu ray player
PS4, 4K. I don’t have a 4K tv, not going to buy a tv just for a console.
Ps5, 8k?
I have 3 PS3’s but since then I’ve only bought older consoles. Dreamcast with SD card reader, N64 with an everdrive, snes mini -hacked, saga mini - hacked, multiple arcade1up cabinets.
Modern gaming doesn’t do it for me anymore. I played enough doom and quake that FPS games bore me for the most part. My life is too busy to invest 100+ hours into an RPG. I have a Logitech G27 steering wheel and play gran tourismo on a PS3, but can’t justify Buying new console for a race car game that I won’t have time to unlock the new cars. I’m fine with casual races with the content I have in that game.
Nothing about the next gen gets me more excited then just playing on a PC

Time to build out a racing cockpit and rumble chair!

#15 3 years ago

consoles are so 2006

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Time to build out a racing cockpit and rumble chair!

This guy knows whats up. I like what you're saying.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

consoles are so 2006

What would be more 2020? Pinball machines? Or PCs?

#18 3 years ago

I signed up, my trophy ranking is high, but don't know if that counts as engagement for them or not. I've bought the first 4 within the initial launch month, even the PS3 at the 599 US Dollars price point, which was stupid in retrospect, especially since it had the YLOD, the slightly kinder, gentler version of 360's RROD. I'm most excited for the Demon's Souls remake, since I played the hell out of that on the PS3. Heard it could possibly be a launch title, but I would be pleasantly surprised.

#19 3 years ago

I usually wait for the first revision of most consoles. First, there's usually a good price drop, and second, they usually have all the kinks worked out by then. Plus, all the must-play titles are usually GOTY editions, "Complete" editions, or what have you, for cheaper. Yeah, I'm a chea-pass when it comes to video games. Gives me more pinball money though.

#20 3 years ago

Have they even announced a price yet for the ps5?

#21 3 years ago

Gotta love the pre-order for the pre-order. It reminds me of the meetings we have at work to discuss the approach to a future meeting.

#22 3 years ago

Will get one but not at launch, there's not a lot in terms of exclusives coming out for either new system at launch. Just built a new PC instead!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This guy knows whats up. I like what you're saying.

That is INSANE!!

#24 3 years ago

New COD trailer released, gameplay captured on PS5. Looks great!

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

With disk drive since its backwards compatible

I was hoping it was going to be backwards compatible with PS2/PS3, but it looks like just some of the PS4 library? I'm looking forward to it, but I'll wait until there's some games I really need to play before buying in.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Can't wait, 7 in vr was just too great.

Screenshot_20200828-203734 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200828-203734 (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-ps5-pre-orders-?hl=yokimato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.