8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,079 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by kguenther6
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 months ago

Starting to pray now I get tickets.

1 month later
    #56 7 months ago

No luck for me either

#70 7 months ago

Got 3!

1 month later
    #291 6 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this a huge increase in number of games? awesome if so!
    How many groups on a bank at a time?
    1000 people
    384 game/4 = 96 banks of games
    That means 10.4 people per bank in each round? so some banks would have 2 groups and some would have 3?

3 groups on a bang is the norm

3 months later
    #388 3 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

WTB, Bad Cats and Diner.
    Will be at Replay from Thursday-Sunday for easy coordinated pickup

Your not playing this year?!

#396 3 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Huh?
    I will be there and playing.
    Am I missing something?

How will you have time to pickup a pin during the pinburgh event at the show? That is insane.

#398 3 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

multiple breaks, and when you play as shitty as me, you are done super quick so even more time often between breaks.
    I picked up a game last year with zero issues. Actually the past 2 years I picked up a game no problem.
    Heidi is also playing in the womens only tourney so I have plenty of time on Sat and Sunday to do whatever I need.
    Hell, if there is a game within a few hours drive, I could easily do that on Sat (I wont be in any sort of playoff) or Sun (when she is busy in Womens)

You don’t play shitty. Don’t you have a medallion.

I guess I just constantly think about pinburgh & food.

#412 3 months ago

Have the banks been released yet?

#419 3 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

at least it is a pretty good bank

I agree. I would be pretty happy with that bank.

#471 88 days ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

My first year of Pinburgh, Usually im tied up in the summers, but have been wanting to go for years. However, since im not a big player, Im not in the tournament, Im just going to hang out with a bunch of friends, hopefully meet several "online" friends in person.
    I havent seen it, but do people do parking lot deals and such as well? Usually at shows that I go to the games are brought by othrs and often a lot of buying/selling. But with no games being brought in for this show, im not sure if any of that is going on. Im going in a truck, so I do have the capability of bringing a game if someone is looking, or buying one if someone has something I want

Think of it as the new MGC with the Convention Center downtown Milwaukee as opposed to the old location with a large parking lot In Brookfield. Just as perspective.

#520 86 days ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Will the "next Stern game" (cough cough) be in a bank or just in the vendor area?

Not sure if we will see it there. Stern hasn’t even officially released information about it

#522 86 days ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Word on the street is that a distributor has confirmed it will be there. Probably in the vendor area, but worth checking. I know two years ago a newly announced Star Wars made it into one of the banks.

Sweet. That is awesome.

1 week later
    #851 74 days ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Anyone else have problems with Pin stadium lights falling off on to the playfield? We had it happen twice on Deadpool during B division playoffs.

Wow didn’t know that. I didn’t even know they were on there.

#856 74 days ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

The tech removed them after our game.

That’s good

#875 73 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Alas ... most of them don’t show up.
    rd[quoted image]

We all played. I ended up winning B division.

The software took a dump in the second round and they ended up doing it the old fashion way.....the paper method.

#898 73 days ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Hey Tom, congrats. It’s great to put a face to the Pinside name. My friend Ben was in the final 4 with you, I’m on the left in the pic.
    How’s this for a story. Last year, Ben and I were in the 130s on the wait list. We made the trip because we wanted to support our friends, some were playing there for the first time, as well as hopefully get in. My name was called and Ben’s was called right after. In the off to the side area where they had the lucky wait list group, they did a confirmation recount and found out they took one too many. They said “sorry Ben we took one too many and can’t take you.” Major bummer. As we are walking off a local said “he came all the way from Arizona and I live here, he can have my spot.” Total hero move.
    Fast forward to this year, again they go into the 130s apparently. I got in during the original 11 second scramble for tickets. Ben was on the wait list as were our other friends. Those others got their tickets within the first few days of getting on the waitlist. Ben is there yet again without an entry.
    KME is not the only person with a 2018/2019 back to back Pinburgh story. Ben was the last person to get into Pinburgh, back to back. Getting on the podium in B was a pretty cool way for him to cap off the weekend.[quoted image]

Awesome. I remember you guys cheering him on. Ben played awesome. I was in a match with him round 10 and then we played in the second round, semifinals and finals. I had a good time talking him while we were playing. It was truly a pleasure. He came in first the second round and semis.

I remember last year hearing the story how a local let someone take there spot. That is awesome especially when you travel so far to try and get into the competition.

#999 70 days ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

I would like to see earplugs installed on all the Pinburgh machines to limit the time of delay when someone tilts and to have the reassurance that the tilt bulb has indeed stopped before play. By installing the earplugs this considerably reduces the stop time of the tilt bulb and find that it makes the tilts more consistent player to player. The Replay Group did another tremendous job kudos to all those involved I hope to back next year if I can press that button fast enough to get registered. Thanks for all you do!!!!

I was told by a TD you have 60 seconds to play in finals after a tilt.

#1003 70 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

This is in the PAPA/IFPA rules.

I know. I have no problem with it.

I was just responding to the poster that wanted earplugs in all the machines

#1004 70 days ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

True. But there is no guarantee that the bob has stopped swinging by then.

I know but that is the rule and the TD was on top of me. I showed him on my phone I had a timer set. He wasn’t being abrasive. I was just going to take my full time because the machine moved a good 3 inches.

#1005 70 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

This is in the PAPA/IFPA rules.

Doug, you may remember this from Round 10. Player in my group nearly got a DQ on Batman66. The leg leveler did not touch the floor.

My previous comment was not referring to this. It was during B finals when I got the 60 second tilt warning.
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg

#1007 70 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How was that handled? Does the TD put it back mid game or what?

Bowen, Doug and another TD came over with the rule book. They took a piece of paper and slide it under the leveler to verify it was not touching the floor.

They then took a photo of scores and went into settings menu which had tilt disabled. Leg leveler was then put back were it should be and game continued were we left off.

Being a TD myself for my own and local tournaments it was a good experience to see.

#1011 70 days ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

I guess the point is if you install all of the machine with earplugs then you could change the rule to 30 seconds and probably have less issues in the long run with tilt rulings. It just a suggestion as we having been using for the past three years at our show and they work awesome.

So how do the earplugs work? Are you listening for the tilt bob? Or are the earplugs on the actual tilt mechs somehow to deaden them?

1 month later
    #1063 29 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Final results have been submitted to IFPA for Pinburgh.

With the 1k participants, people putting in the wrong IFPA number, spelling their own names wrong, leaving off modifiers (USA), the way the IFPA system handles ties, finals software having issues... there are a lot of reasons why an event of this size takes a longer than the average event.
    I actually got so frustrated with the way the IFPA records ties I just fixed everything else and sent the results to Josh in a spreadsheet.
    I appreciate everyone's patience. Believe me, I try to make improvements to this every year. This is also a pain point for me!

Appreciate all you do Doug. Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 275.00
    $ 100.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    € 9.10
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside