9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,079 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by kguenther6
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 months ago

I think if you are on the waiting list maybe as deep as 150 you will eventually get in.

#47 8 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep.
    Who’s going after a VIP ticket? I’m probably going to pass, but I want to get my ticket at 11am!! Haha

I'm going to try. It's only $70 bucks more and when you think of the cost of flights, hotel, ground transport, food, etc. $70 is nothing. Not to mention two chances to get in!

#84 8 months ago

We had 3 players on the phone all trying to add 4 tickets to the cart. We all F5'd it and tried the instant they went on sale. NONE of us got in. Here's hoping for the waitlist. I got my waitlist email at 11:03 Central so hopefully I'm near the top of the list.

#92 8 months ago

My friend got his waitlist email that he is next to buy tickets. I'm expecting mine any minute.

#93 8 months ago

We got on the waitlist by 12:05

#104 8 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

Really interesting, I got on the waitlist 18:04 (german time which is 12:04 ) but no email until now

Not really interesting. I said "by 12:05". I checked and both our actual times were 12:03.

#108 8 months ago
    Quoted from MEuRaH:

I purchased tickets 1.5 hours after it sold out. I wasn't on the waiting list.
    I tried to buy them via my phone at noon. The site loaded, I hit "buy" but it was sold out. I tried to find the waiting list real quick but gave up. I was also running the Vermont State High School Bowling Finals at the same time... so I kind of focused my attention on that.
    After the tournament was over, I got my phone back out to see if I could find the waiting list. I hit the back button a few times to get back to the tickets page and a large red warning popped up that said "You have 15 minutes to complete this purchase".
    WTF?
    So I hit the next button and there it is. PINBURGH TICKETS! I filled it out and paid in full, and now I'm in.
    I couldn't believe it. I have no idea what happened. But I got tickets at 1:30 PM, 1.5 hours after they supposedly sold out.

Now that is interesting....

#161 7 months ago

More waitlist emails went out today. A friend of mine just got his ticket. Both our waitlist confirmation emails were time stamped 12:03 so here's hoping I get mine soon.

#163 7 months ago

The waitlist was right there on the left side of the page for me. Took me about 20-30 seconds to find it.

#177 7 months ago

12:03 here. Got my email today and Pinburgh ticket purchased! I haven't been since 2016 so really excited about going again. This will be my 5th Pinburgh.

#187 7 months ago

Just my opinion, I think they are still going through the duplicates and unpurchased cart tickets at the moment. I don't think the waitlist will be published until it actually is a waitlist, and all 1000 spots are filled. Here is a link to the page where they will be posted, although they might post to facebook sooner.

https://papa.org/competitions/pinburgh/pinburgh-2019/

#194 7 months ago

And for those who have played in a few Pinburghs, here is my version.

In the first round of Pinburgh the PinGods gave to me.... A zero on a game that I own!
    In the second round..... Two house balls
    In the third round.......... Three missed scoops
    In the fourth round........ Four double dangers
    In the fifth round........... FIVE CROP DUSTERS!
    In the sixth round......... Six walks for water
    In the seventh round..... Seven stilt walkers
    In the eight round.......... Eight bricked ramp shots
    In the ninth round.......... Nine Luckbox EM's
    In the tenth round......... Ten tired players
    In the eleventh round..... Eleven techs a-fixing
    In the twelfth round........ Twelve TD's ruling

#205 7 months ago

No need to be bitter. I refreshed at noon, sold out. I'm already in from the waiting list with a ticket in hand.

#217 7 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another thing people don't realize is when they organize these super secret conspiracy cabals to have 8 people all try to buy 5 tickets and then have no idea what to actually do or who to buy tickets for when they actually get 5 tickets in their basket is that you are basically competing against yourselves to get tickets in the first place. I'm not sure it actually works out in your favor mathematically.
    Just buy your own tickets folks. If you strike out you can get on the wait list ASAP rather than calling 8 people and trying to figure out what to do at 12:02.

We had 3 people all on the phone, all trying to buy 4 tickets. We already had our IFPA numbers ready to go. If any one of us had gotten through it would've been easy to figure out. 15 minutes is plenty of time to decide who would do the purchase. Trouble is, none of us got through. But 3 of us got on the waitlist immediately and those 3 already now have tickets.

#249 7 months ago

Last year I was around 420-440 on the waitlist. The last published waitlist on the PAPA site shows me at 384.

2 months later
    #309 5 months ago

Quick story to show how well prepared the Pinburgh techs are.

Three years ago at Pinburgh we are playing Avengers and the player is in MB and realizes he is playing a one ball MB, there is a ball stuck. He traps up and we summon a tech. The tech and a TD can't seem to find the stuck ball. They look for over 5 minutes with the glass on and off and just can't find that ball. So what happens? The flipper transistor blows. They send us to an alternate game. So I'm thinking, well, Avengers is out of the tournament. The tech pulls the board out and flips it over right on the cart and replaces the transistor. The Avengers was back up and running by the time we finished our alternate game. Now that is awesome!

1 month later
    #339 3 months ago

Banks, Banks, Banks. Where be da banks?

#347 3 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s just awesome to see them all and pick favorites with friends. Gets the hype train rolling. I will have a car full of people coming from cincy and I bet we talk about banks most of the way.

Exactly! We all (mostly) travel a long way and it's great to talk about. Man, if I could only get THAT bank(which you never will). And, Look at that shitty bank, man I hope I don't get that one(it will be your first bank on Thursday morning) LOL.

Or the bank that has your favorite game of all time, paired with 3 stinkers!

Or what games are paired with the very latest Sterns like BKSOR or Deadpool.

Sure, you only get to play 40 games and you're lucky if you really like even half of those. But don't worry, your buddies will get ALL the games you wanted to play!

#367 3 months ago

I will also stress the sitting at every opportunity. Force yourself. It is a long 2 day grind on concrete. I like to wear two pairs of socks.

Keep in mind the "dinner" break begins at 4:45 Eastern. That's very early for a Central time zoner like me. Space your food consumption accordingly.

#371 3 months ago
    Quoted from troxel:

Is there plenty of seating available, or do people bring their own portable chairs?

Over the years they have added more and more places to sit. There are lots of tables and chairs as well as some inflatable couches. Those couches are usually taken up quickly!

2 weeks later
    #414 3 months ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Have the banks been released yet?

No

#456 3 months ago
    Quoted from genex:

Anyone a collector of Replay F/X stuff? Was cleaning up and found Volume 1 and 2 of the Replay F/X Retro Insider. If anyone wants them I am happy to bring it this year to deliver....[quoted image]

Here's a blast from the past. Layout of the 2nd Pinburgh at the old PAPA facility.

20190719_143353 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #582 84 days ago

We ate at Emporios a few years ago and it was not that good. I'm pretty easy to please, too. The tacos at Bakersfield next door are very good. Ten Penny is good. Even Bills Burgers in the ground floor of the Westin I found to be better than Emporio. I've noticed on google maps there are a couple new taco places very close by and a "Cobbler World". More places to try out within walking distance!

#618 83 days ago

Of course anything can change, but on the Deadflip stream they said JP would not be in the tournament, but there would be 1 premium and 6 pro's to play at the Stern booth.

1 week later
    #1025 72 days ago

I have found that on most tilt bobs, 1/4 earplug works best. So you can do 4 machines with one earplug. Just 107 earplugs to do the entire 428! LOL

2 weeks later
    #1048 52 days ago
    Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

Hey y'all! Does anyone know when ReplaxFX or the IFPA will post the final results from Pinburgh 2019? This was my 1st Pinburgh experience, and I qualified for D Division with a 1st round bye. Second round (unfortunately) I was eliminated, but I know I'm guaranteed money just for qualifying and getting the bye, but I'm not sure how much money I have coming. I've already set up my E-Wallet account, but it still says the balance is zero. Any information from anyone that's been to Pinburgh before or has made it to the money rounds of any Division would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks!
    -Allen from TX & The Pinball Mafia.

Looks like $225. Congrats!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 149.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 64.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 18.95
    $ 21.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside