8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,079 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by kguenther6
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 months ago

Very Excite.

3 weeks later
    #19 8 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what is the ticket limit per order?
    Last year it was 5. Hoping that is greatly reduced this time to give more people a chance.
    Also a heads up that I have heard some have written bot scripts to try and get tickets. May cause some major issues for your ticket system.

This isn't the concern some people seem to think it is, at least not yet. Maybe if there's a mass collusion effort to team up this year and have 5 people all try to get 5 tickets while sitting in a chat of some kind and then have one person who actually gets them finalize the purchase - but I can't imagine people will actually make that type of coordinated effort.

The interesting takeaway I got from the Pinball Profile with Elizabeth Cromwell is that this year, if the tickets run out, you'll immediately get put in the waitlist, and if tickets become available, from things like carts timing out, they will automatically get offered to the people on the waitlist. So there'd be no mad refreshing at the 15 minute mark hoping more tickets appear. If that actually works that way, it's pretty impressive.

1 week later
    #40 7 months ago
    Quoted from rickyray:

Do you need to purchase/add general admission Replay FX tickets to your shopping cart also or can that be purchased later?

Can purchase that later.

#50 7 months ago

Hilarious. Decided to try for VIP for the hell of it. Refreshed on the dot, pick 2, hit button ... unable to reserve. Refresh, sold out.

Totally expected that, but still funny.

#66 7 months ago

Got the two I needed. Yee haw.

#113 7 months ago

Maybe there’s. A glitch in the waitlist system. Possibly tickets that got offered to someone on the list who didn’t need them ,they declined, and they ended back up in the public queue?

Just speculation.

#120 7 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure. My friend got on the waitlist at like 12:01. Then she got an email saying she was up to purchase a couple hours later.
    They usually don’t post the waitlist until the dust settles.

I think the showclix system is managing the waitlist for now, at least until the tickets are all sold the first time. Since the apply for tickets was right on the site and freed tickets aren’t (supposed) to be released to the general pool.

#131 7 months ago
    Quoted from chooch:

So that's how all the top people who missed out get in

Even if this is meant as a joke, it’s in incredibly poor taste.

#159 7 months ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm curious, how would Pinburgh be better served moving out of a convention space and into an industrial warehouse?

Hard to get that kind of space with close proximity to parking, hotels, food -- unless you only rent it for a short time. Like say a convention center.

A space with all the needed amenities to host that many people is a huge waste of money any day it's not being used.

#180 7 months ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How about a list update?
    Or at least tell us if the 1000 tix sold out?

They’re not going to bother until they’ve gone through all the ‘in-cart-but-not-puchased’ Tickets at least. It’ll be a bit yet.

And of course it sold out. The waitlist was easily 400 people deep last year. Even if transactions aren’t complete yet, all the spots will be filled.

#183 7 months ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I think extraballingtmc is asking if all of the available in-cart-not-tickets have been allocated already, or if they have gone through something 35 of the 90 available. I agree this is a good question.

I'm sure they haven't, or they'd post a players list. Everybody that jumped on the waitlist gets 48 hours to claim the tickets they are offered or pass, so it's going to take a while to get through the first pass I'm sure.

#208 7 months ago

First draft player & wait list are up.

https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1527540919747-eeb0a1a4-bee6

I say first draft just because they’ll get updated over time. Player list has several people with 2 spots.

#220 7 months ago

Edit again: @misterchu pointed out that Replay Foundation reserved 20 tickets for fund raisers to apply to purchase as prizes, so the number left to go is less than I originally said.

I was curious, so I pasted the player list into a spreadsheet to get a count. It's only 980 so far, even with the duplicates that are included. So there's still nearly 30 (edit, more like 40!) more people to go before it's even "full".

Edit: Dupe huting - yow, that's a bunch
    - Brian Trenholm (2)
    - Christian Line (2)
    - Connor Stowe (2)
    - Dave Weaver (2 - one with Christopher Morgan's IFPA number)
    - Ian Seidler (2)
    - Jeff Rivera (2 - one with Brandon Pennington's IFPA number)
    - Jerry Musser (2 - one with Nick Lane's IFPA number)
    - Joakim Sundberg (2 - one with Peter Franck's IFPA number)
    - Josh Sharpe (2)
    - Juana Summers (2)
    - Justin Ausmeier (2)
    - Keri Wing (2 - One with Tate Fischer's IFPA number)
    - Mark Seidler (2)
    - Micaela Wolf (3!)
    - Neil McRae (2)
    - Rachel Karlic (2 - one with Ian Tuggle's IFPA number)
    - Rick Prince (2)
    - Sarah Line (2)
    - Seth Clayter (2 -one with '123456' for IFPA number)
    - Todd MacCulloch (2)

#224 7 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair, Todd is a big guy and probably needs two spots.

Got burned on the waitlist check in last year. Maybe he's just hedging his bets.

#231 7 months ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Only 980 tickets were sold on Saturday. PAPA has stated that 20 tickets (10 pairs) had been pulled from general sale to be provided as fundraiser or event prizes. see this link https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1550622879300-30944ca9-2c02

Ah, right. I forgot about that. Still a decent chunk in the duplicates though.

#237 7 months ago
    Quoted from Apostle:

Hey Doug, any idea how often the waitlist will likely be updated? I decided to try and track it's progress to see how the graph changes over time. (I'll still press F5 every day... I'm just curious. ) Thanks again to all the team for all your hard work, even though I'm in the low one hundreds of the list, I'm still excited to see how it all pans out.

If previous years are an indicator, 'rather infrequently' is how often you can expect. They tend to update it in batches, rather than every time one person moves. I get the impression that the waitlist/player list aren't hooked into any kind of a management system and are updated manually.

#240 7 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

It would be interesting to know how many have moved up from the waiting list in the last few years.

Last year the list didn't move as much because there was less time (like this year) between purchase and the show. When they were still selling tickets in the previous November it would turn over more. I know at least one person that was in the 30s that was officially in and done before the show, but I don't know exactly how far it went. Then day-of the tournament, because of last minute cancels and no-shows I think around 40 people off the waitlist who showed up with hope were added to the roster.

#242 7 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Waitlist moved at least 200 spots last year.

That can't be accurate. People up to 140 got in 'day of' because there were a lot of people not there; but I can't believe that the person in spot #200 on the day of ticket buying had a ticket in hand by showtime.

Edit: Digging for anecdotal evidence from emails from last year - Neo was at 81 on the waitlist last year when it went up, as of July 17th he was at 21 and he ended up ticket in hand before the show, but not much before the show.

Edit 2: Actually - I'm not sure I'm remembering right. I think he might have gotten in day of off the "I'm here!" list.

Edit 3: Ok, I actually asked Neo - he was still on the waitlislt on the morning of. So, it moved less than 100 spots BEFORE the event. It went pretty deep on the morning of, but that's just because most people don't take the gamble of making the trip.

#244 7 months ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

epthegeek I think the question is how far up from the day the waitlist was posted. There's also the consideration of whether player Waitlist 100 passed on his pinburgh ticket when he finally wouldve made if off the list.

The only solid fact I have is that Neo went from 81 on the first day, to 21 by a few weeks before the show. Still was on the waitlist before the show started, so it only moved about 60 spots by that indicator.

There were another 40-or-so added on the morning of, and due to people not taking the risk that 40 went pretty deep in to the list, but you can't really count that last position number that got in as 'how far the list moved'.

#246 7 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I was #215 last year on the waitlist and ended up 1-5 away from getting to play on game day. So my 200 estimate was pretty darn good.

Saying that it went to 200 is a political-spin type way of looking at it. Sure, the player that started at about 200 got into the tournament, but the waitlist didn't actually "move" that far. It moved about 60. Anything after that is a big gamble, and I'd expect even more low-number players to take the risk and show up this year so it won't be as good of a bet if you're high on the list again.

#255 7 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

if someone is already registered as a player and is still on the waiting list with the same name, does he have to register with the name he entered on the waiting list or can he change the name during registration or will the entry on the waiting list be deleted?

If you've already got a ticket to the tournament - and you ended up on the waiting list also; they'll either figure it out when they get to your name on the waitlist, or send you the invitation to buy a ticket and you can just decline it and let the next person in line take it.

#272 7 months ago
    Quoted from N101AA:

I'll be attending ReplayFX for the first time this year and need to start making travel arrangements. Can anyone tell me what time does everything open up to the general public on the first day? Does it start in the morning or later in the day? I searched through the ReplayFX site and schedule information is not yet posted.

The arcade hall opened at 9AM on Thursday last year. I would expect this year to be similar if not the same.

#274 7 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

You are going to want to arrive on Wednesday.

If you're competing in Pinburgh, yes - but if you're just going to the show as a show, there's no need to be there Wednesday. Or even Thursday really.

#279 7 months ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I didn't find that to be a big issue but everyones eyes are different. I think the layout of the games along the line of the lights different to previous years caused this and I'd expect the replay folks to sort that out. I'd have preferred that they didn't change the lighting but for me it was ok either way.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

The one row was offset to make the 'large' aisle be the one leading to the bathrooms, which put a row directly under the lights. I wouldn't be surprised if the layout is changed this year because of complaints about the glare, and the more games bit to boot.

3 weeks later
    #288 6 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

will there be another update of the players and waiting list here soon? there are still duplicate names in the players list, just like in the waiting list.
    it would also be interesting if the 16 still open places were filled.
    sorry if i'm bothering you, but i'd just like to know if there's anything moving in the lists.

The 16 open places are the tickets that were held aside to be used as fund raiser prizes.

#290 6 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this a huge increase in number of games? awesome if so!
    How many groups on a bank at a time?
    1000 people
    384 game/4 = 96 banks of games
    That means 10.4 people per bank in each round? so some banks would have 2 groups and some would have 3?

3 Groups per bank + backup banks.

Last year was 72 banks + 10 backup banks for 328 (https://pinburgh.com/2018/live/machines.html). With 1000 players and (mostly) 3 groups per bank, they'd need 84 active banks. So, 84 banks + 12 backup banks?

#299 6 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Borygard(sp) was there last year. Had a room in lobby area. No idea if going this year or not.

He was not set up there last year (he was at California Extreme). He has set up there before; just not last year.

2 months later
    #325 3 months ago

Pre-registration check in has always been checking in for the tournament and getting your show access bits (lanyard, wrist band, whatever) if pre-paid -- every year so far that it's been at the current location.

#338 3 months ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Does anyone offer show discount on games? I know CGC SE and CE models have show specials some time. Would love to pick up a AFMr.

Could check with Joe at PinballStar - he's always had a big booth of stuff there. Not sure if he does show deals for games used at the show or not.

#343 3 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

90% the same as last year would be my guess

They have to add some, so that will at least be new, even if they don't shuffle. But I don't get the hype for getting the bank list. You only get to play 10 of them, and you have no idea which they'll be.

#364 3 months ago
    Quoted from troxel:

I am making my first trip to Pinburgh. Any good sources to learn more about the tournament and what to expect? I get the general rules of the tournament, but tips about making the tournament go smoother (ie food, breaks, avoid long lines, etc).

Just piling on to the other advice so far:
    - Always be sitting. It's a looooong time on your feet and it's on a concrete floor, when you can, sit down.
    - Refillable water bottle is handy, if you're good at not forgetting it at whatever game you just played.
    - Counterpoint to the "go far away for food": The Jimmy Johns on the 'back' corner of the convention center is HELLA FAST and very close.
    - Be sure to go to 'the meatball place' (Emporio) at least once. https://www.emporioameatballjoint.com
    - If you're a non-standard size for shirts and you want the Pinburgh shirt for the year, buy early.
    - Have fun and chat it up with your group mates!

#372 3 months ago
    Quoted from troxel:

Is there plenty of seating available, or do people bring their own portable chairs?

Lots of nice seating provided by the show at round tables all over the hall. Nice benches outside the hall and on the walkway through/above the main hall if you want to get out of the noise. But many people do also bring folding stools & chairs.

#380 3 months ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Last I heard from Joe (PinballStar) a few months back is that he would not have a booth this year. He will be participating in the tournament though.

Oh. Yeah. Now that you mention this I remember he got a Pinburgh ticket. So never-mind that option I guess.

1 week later
    #401 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball7:

Player list just got updated. Sadly no waitlist update.

Looks like the player list dropped from 992 to 986 with that update - so invites to the next several wait-listers may be on the way.

#415 3 months ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Deadpool, Knockout, Twilight Zone, Royal Flush (SS)

That's right folks, we're all playing 1 bank this year. Bring a chair, the wait times will be redonk.

#426 3 months ago
    Quoted from louknees:

How does it work for people that are on the waitlist that show up the day of? What do they need to do? Do they have to register or sign in? Any information with regards to this is greatly appreciated.

You *MUST* check in with the pinburg tournament desk in the hall on the morning of -- So you'll have to buy show admission. Then, just before start time, they will start calling people in the order of the waitlist that *HAVE CHECKED IN* to fill in open slots, so you have to be there and ready when called.

#435 3 months ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I know people hate countdowns, but holy crap! Two weeks from now I’ll be walking in and playing pinball at Pinburgh!!

Counterpoint: Awwww man, pinburgh is still two whole weeks away.

#436 3 months ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

4. If someone walks away from a ball save, keep your mouth shut.

Only the "serious" tournament players are any good at not reacting to a ball save. Almost every group I've ever been in alerts the player to the ball save, whether they mean to or not.

#438 3 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what is the current ruling/ stance on doing this?
    Is it coaching and you get a warning/ DQ?
    Is it allowed because it is just the natural response to warn someone?

I'm sure the "official" rule is it falls under 'no coaching' -- but nobody has ever run to an official because it happened.

#442 3 months ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

It would be nice to have this info on some kind of document or website as well so that people can print it out for reference.....

How's this? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMl-oPbhmDBppgXfsdSbPxvYbSN-bDT-F92--T_wI98/edit?usp=sharing

Note: if anybody notices anything on that thing that is wrong, let me know.

#443 3 months ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

Can you buy your ReplayFX ticket at the early Pinburgh check-in the night before?

Early Check in is pick up only. If you didn't pre-purchase, you have to do that Thursday morning between 8 and 9:30.

Quoted from GravitaR:

When show up for pre-check-in what do you need if anything to get your Passes?

Bring a printed copy of your email receipt, or have it on your phone (Pro tip: save it as a screenshot in case service is lousy).

#445 3 months ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Can someone else pick up Pinburgh tickets for you, with valid ID?

They need your showclix receipt - but even then I'm not certain that would fly if they realized you weren't that person - since part of early check in is "I'm here, so check me in for the tournament". If you pick up tickets for someone arriving the next morning and something goes wrong with their travel plans ... well....

#450 3 months ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks!! This is the type of info needed to be posted publicly on the ReplayFX/Pinburgh website!

I'm sure it's mostly, if not all, there somewhere - just not that concise/together.

#458 89 days ago
    Quoted from SarverSystems:

This year's layout is going to be quite interesting, with a very large "spinny" surprise in the corner.

Did MHS buy BangerJay's pinball turntable?

#461 88 days ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

However, for subsequent games, the last-place finisher of the previous game chooses their order of play for the next game. The remaining players choose their order of play, in ascending order of finish in the previous game (3rd place, then 2nd place, then 1st place). Gives people an advantage who didn’t do well on a game receiving a zero. Make sure you make that change on the Google Doc. Otherwise I don’t see any issues other than that.

Ah crap! You’re right. Will fix. Thanks!

#467 86 days ago

I could use any pro-tips on parking too. First time driving in myself this year and so I'm a parking-for-the-weekend noob.

#472 86 days ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

My first year of Pinburgh, Usually im tied up in the summers, but have been wanting to go for years. However, since im not a big player, Im not in the tournament, Im just going to hang out with a bunch of friends, hopefully meet several "online" friends in person.
    I havent seen it, but do people do parking lot deals and such as well? Usually at shows that I go to the games are brought by othrs and often a lot of buying/selling. But with no games being brought in for this show, im not sure if any of that is going on. Im going in a truck, so I do have the capability of bringing a game if someone is looking, or buying one if someone has something I want

Maybe ping MHS about getting a vendor booth - bring a few games to sell and you might be able to park your truck on the convention center ramp. Might not be cost effective overall though.

Edit: Nevermind - looking at the vendor prices, that doesn't seem like it's an option. heh!

#473 86 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What things are going on Wednesday?
    I know there is typical a golf thing, but think someone mentioned that is now a 2 day event (so not really worth it since I would only have a shot at 1 round on Wednesday and guessing locals would have lots of rounds in on Tuesday already)
    Is there anything else for warm up competition on Wed?

There's a 3 strikes at Kickback and Helicon Brewing and the Pin-Golf at the Dojo.

#480 86 days ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Are there no seminars this year at ReplayFX? Didn't see anything on the schedule.

Seems to be the case. They've had seminars in at least some of the years it's been at the convention center, but they apparently aren't on the plan this time.

#502 85 days ago

I hope it's Levi's idea. The noise wouldn't be a problem at all.

#524 84 days ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

who's got juicy deets on the VIP lounge?

Mark. Maybe Fred & John.

#527 84 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

What do you want to know?

I'm guessing "anything about it" would suffice - has there been any information about what it is or what it entails released other than 'it will exist' ?

#528 84 days ago

Oh man, is this logo from the bottom of the "What you need to know" email this year's shirt?

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 4.40.07 PM (resized).png
    #564 80 days ago

Heads up to all the meatball fans who go to ReplayFX (you know who you are): this year will be the first time so far when the convention is in August. If you’ve come to love the July bacon-cheeseburger ball of the month over the last several shows, you’ll only be able to get that before the show starts, so you’d have to hit the joint on Wednesday. The August ball of the month appears to be BBQ Chicken from my limited research.

#579 79 days ago
    Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

My Zomato review of Emporio: A Meatball Joint from last year.
    "If I could give it a zero, I would"...
    http://www.zoma.to/xrQoMZ

I love emporio and no amount of your sour-pussed 'I am determined to hate this thing everybody likes' yum-yucking is going to sway that.

#611 78 days ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Thanks! This was the schedule I had found I think, is it known around what time the non-A finals wrap up, by chance?

Non-a finals start at like 9:30am and just run till done. Usually late afternoon.

#630 78 days ago
    Quoted from SarverSystems:

MAKE - SURE - YOU - GUYS - GET - THE - APP!
    Google Play Store as ReplayFX Companion

Why? So you'll have the schedule for when the costume contest is?

#635 78 days ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

This is disappointing and probably should be noted on the website somewhere. I booked a hotel and bought tickets for just the Thursday and Friday and wanted to play the free play games listed on the website.
    There are over 400 pinball machines listed under the games section of the website and it says they will all be set to free play. A note about the vast majority being unavailable for free play Thursday and Friday would have been nice.

The general free play area is still very large. Even with pinburgh running, there are more pins available to play than at many pinball shows -- and then there's all the arcade and console stuff too. It's not like there's 3 games available -- there's a ton.

Also - you'll have the best crack at the 7 JP machines at Stern's booth every time a pinburgh round starts; so there's that.

#643 77 days ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Just to clarify, presenting the scan code for Pinburgh and ReplayFX entry on my phone is just as good as printing an actual sheet out, correct?
    Just making sure with all the technological advances these past 30 or so years, I’ll be able to use the barcode from my phone, just like with the airlines, hotels, gas stations, etc...

Yep. But save it as a screenshot just in case serivce is crappy when you need it.

#711 75 days ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Any schedule and links for live streaming? I see Keith is in first place!

Only streaming is finals tomorrow

#732 74 days ago
    Quoted from RGR:

link for finals?

Was hoping to find this linked on the pinburgh main page so I could follow along. No dice.

#813 72 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We started this last year and improved the audio this year. There is still more work to be done, but we've received so much positive feedback on this change I don't think we will abandon this concept.
    We thought about moving the B,C,D, and E finalists out towards the front of the Pinburgh area, farther away from the main stage, but I think the risk of a non-tournament guest wandering into the area out front and disrupting the event is rather high.

Off center it was harder to make out the audio clearly, but off center is the best "game view" because of the projectors. I don't know if some angled speakers are in order, or some extra front facing speakers at the stage edges. It wasn't impossible to understand from the edge seats, just not great. I think the in-house 'color' commentary is much more of a plus than a minus.

One small step you could take is moving the B/C/D/E finals to the outside end of the row. It's not a huge difference, but it would put a bit of buffer space between the central sound/crowd and the bank for finals.

Quoted from kermit24:

Distractions are part of playing competitive pinball in public / show settings.

Tell that to the guy who asked me to not write down our scores while standing at the game we just finished playing because I was in his field of vision.

#840 72 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I would, if you would advise a TD of the situation.

I thought it was a completely ridiculous ask, but not enough to go get a TD about. I mean, by chasing me away, he just opened the gate for the people playing after us to come up and be much more active in the exact same spot immediately -- so really it ended up 'worse' for him, if things in his periphery are really that terrible.

#842 72 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If your group is crowding around a game while a competition game is being played on the machine right next to you, you are indeed in the wrong.

This was me, by myself. Standing directly in front of the game. Having taken a picture of the backglass, I was updating our score sheet. Everybody else in the group was well back in the common area. I was standing in the exact spot I had been when I finished my last ball just seconds before. It was silly.

#844 72 days ago

Speaking of writing down scores - one guy in my first group on Thursday had a clipboard in his backpack. That was so very nice - if I carried a backpack throughout I would absolutely bring one. I'm just not sure I want to bother with a bag through the whole thing.

#847 72 days ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Yes. Saw that and also thought it was a great idea. Will add that to my list of things that are nice to have for next year. Tripod chair from Amazon was great this year, so thanks for those that suggested this... very easy to pack/carry, not really big enough to get in peoples way, and a welcome relief to keep the feet fresh between balls.

I definitely will bring a tripod chair if I make it next year - I'm just torn on the height. Some people had double-height versions that were almost bar-stool tall versus a deep squat. Being a bean-pole, it seems like the taller one would be good, but I'm not sure. I should have asked one of those guys if I could test drive the taller version for a second; missed opportunity.

#852 72 days ago
    Quoted from deibert:

What are the 2020 dates for Replay FX?

July 9-12, 2020.

#876 71 days ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I think what he’s saying is make more pins available for public play and not so much for the tournament. Not sure how you’d pull that one off without killing yourselves and/or compromising the tournament.

Additionally, thus far, it's not "a pinball show" like most other pinball shows. There's a lot of other content to attract other attendees that aren't interested in pinball. So far the bulk of pinball people attending are there for the tournament and not much else (I'm sure this is shifting a bit over the years). There aren't really pinball vendors to speak of like you'd find at most dedicated pinball shows, no seminars this year, etc. If you went to ReplayFX expecting it to be a typical pinball show like TPF, Chicago Expo and the rest, you'd be disappointed.

#888 71 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sure, pinball is great and all, but was the chocolate-covered bacon vendor back this year?

Yes, "The Fudge Guy" was there. He didn't have the truffle pretzels though. There was some imposter chocolate-guy also there in a different part of the vendor area.

#950 70 days ago

Wacky thought: Make the VIP sit-down-lounge a fenced in area out in the hallway accessible by the front section doors, so that it'd be quieter. Not sure the facility would allow that though, and you'd have to police another door (shrug).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 275.00
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 89.99
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 35.00
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside