8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,079 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by kguenther6
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 months ago

Can’t wait! Hopefully my refresh skills are strong this year and can get in and avoid the waitlist.

3 weeks later
    #21 8 months ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

This happened last year, I know several different groups that participated. My pin network is pretty small, so I can only image it was pretty wide-spread.

And what’s the problem with doing this?

Also not sure how this happened multiple times last year when only one purchase of 5 tickets was made.

#25 8 months ago

Completely agree. Especially now that the shopping cart weirdness is now fixed and any released tickets that don’t get purchased immediately go to waitlist people.

I’m not sure the ticket process can be done any better to be honest.

I’ve never heard of anyone being ready to buy at noon day of, and not getting a ticket eventually.

#27 7 months ago
    Quoted from rickyray:

Has it been confirmed independently by any Pinburgh Officials that any released tickets that don’t get purchased immediately go to waitlist people?

Yes. Elizabeth confirmed on the pinball profile podcast.

1 week later
    #46 7 months ago
    Quoted from yatch11:

So it will automatically que you into the waitlist?

Yep.

Who’s going after a VIP ticket? I’m probably going to pass, but I want to get my ticket at 11am!! Haha

#51 7 months ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Hilarious. Decided to try for VIP for the hell of it. Refreshed on the dot, pick 2, hit button ... unable to reserve. Refresh, sold out.
    Totally expected that, but still funny.

Same here.

#118 7 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

chuckwurt ... where are you viewing the waitlist? Or is this from talking with waitlisters who are getting through?

Not sure. My friend got on the waitlist at like 12:01. Then she got an email saying she was up to purchase a couple hours later.

They usually don’t post the waitlist until the dust settles. Maybe a day or two. But the list is moving regardless.

#139 7 months ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

Is it pathetic that two days have passed and I'm still attempting to refresh. Has anyone from the waitlist personally received an email besides the original confirmation email.

Yes. I have had friends already move off the waitlist and get tickets.

1 week later
    #234 7 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate math!!
    But I'll take your word for it.
    All I know is I spend the week before Replay tickets drop politely declining offers to get involved in ticket buying syndicates and it always seems to work out for me.

We had a group of like 10 of us that got tickets. We all just made sure everyone was clear on what to do and when. Then it was every man for himself. We all got tickets.

#262 7 months ago

Lighting at pinburgh is great. I doubt it will be an issue.

2 months later
    #310 5 months ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Quick story to show how well prepared the Pinburgh techs are.
    Three years ago at Pinburgh we are playing Avengers and the player is in MB and realizes he is playing a one ball MB, there is a ball stuck. He traps up and we summon a tech. The tech and a TD can't seem to find the stuck ball. They look for over 5 minutes with the glass on and off and just can't find that ball. So what happens? The flipper transistor blows. They send us to an alternate game. So I'm thinking, well, Avengers is out of the tournament. The tech pulls the board out and flips it over right on the cart and replaces the transistor. The Avengers was back up and running by the time we finished our alternate game. Now that is awesome!

Where was the stuck ball?!?

1 month later
    #337 3 months ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can someone just show up Saturday, pay the admission, and come in a buy tokens and play?

Yep except no tokens needed. Free play everything.

#344 3 months ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They have to add some, so that will at least be new, even if they don't shuffle. But I don't get the hype for getting the bank list. You only get to play 10 of them, and you have no idea which they'll be.

It’s just awesome to see them all and pick favorites with friends. Gets the hype train rolling. I will have a car full of people coming from cincy and I bet we talk about banks most of the way.

#346 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Not to mention watching Bowden get his ass kicked by more games in one day than any person alive!! I wonder if they have something similar planned for this year by someone different? I nominate Chuckwurt!!

Just give me a time and a place and I’ll be there!

#348 3 months ago

Honestly as long as I don’t get motor show or blackwater 100, I’m good. Haha.

#361 3 months ago
    Quoted from troxel:

but tips about making the tournament go smoother (ie food, breaks, avoid long lines, etc).

Wear really comfortable shoes that aren’t old.
    Pack a small bag to have with you at all times. Pack snacks and drinks.
    Bring a small tripod camping stool to always be able to get off your feet.
    When leaving to eat during breaks, don’t try to eat at the places right next to the show. Go at least 4-5 blocks away. Wait times will be way down at those places.

#375 3 months ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

My advice for this? Poker Chips! Seriously... tuck four poker chips (or some other small object) into your front pocket. At the start of EVERY game, make sure they are all there. Then when you know what player you are, take that many chips and put them in your back pocket. Every time you think it is your turn, confirm the game for indication of what player is up and how many chips are in your back pocket. If they agree, play on. If not... figure out what happened.
    I realize this sounds stupid. I realize sticking my hands in my pockets so much looks weird. However, when you are tired on the second day this will be habit, and you won't have a chance of being the person taking a zero.

Do you seriously do this? Haha.

Just look at your score sheet each time you step up to the game and make sure you’re actually up.

1 week later
    #408 89 days ago

Anyone have more details on the Helicon tournaments on Wednesday?

1 week later
    #545 81 days ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

This will be my first time at any major event this large. Can't wait for it to start. Worried I'll mess up playing on time or some rule. Hopefully, most are accommodating to us rookies

They should be. Just always check your score sheet before plunging to ensure it’s your turn. Make sure you start the correct number of players on the game. Outside of that, have fun!

#590 77 days ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone knew how it was supposed to work?
    It says that you can pick up tickets for other people that you purchased them for early. How does that work with the wrist bands? Last year they had the non-removable plastic ones you had to shower and sleep with. Do they just hand you the wrist bands for the other people I assume?

From Mark S:

If you entered both names during purchase, you should be able to pick up both tickets separately with a valid photo ID. If you purchased them both under your name, ask the info desk to change the name of the ticket for your friend when you arrive, and they should be able to do so.

Worst case scenario, you would have to just hand-deliver the second pass, but it shouldn’t come to that.

#649 75 days ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Are the machines clearly labeled as being in tournament play? I don't want to mess someone up.

They are on the complete opposite end of the show. Can’t miss them or accidentally try and play them.

#667 74 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Outside of Pinburgh there will be 200+ pins, 400+ full size arcades (pins not included), thousands of console games, hundreds of board games, music, lasers and more!

I came for pinburgh, but I’m staying for the lasers.

#669 74 days ago
    Quoted from ita47:

Does anyone have a link to the results for each round?

Pinburgh.com

#677 74 days ago
    Quoted from PinballMIX:

So you have a thing for lasers?
    Hmm....
    Stop by the Pinball MIX tent (near the beer garden). One more cool laser for you to check out ...
    Oh, and QUEEN, DIO, OZZY, BLACK SABBATH, among others ...

I’ll do my best! Especially if there is fog.

#684 73 days ago
    Quoted from cory_:

Anyone know how many waitlist spots ended up being filled this morning? I was well into the 200+ range so I didn't bother showing up, but I know last year there were people 100+ spots back that were getting in day-of.

#686 73 days ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

Wurt!! Where you at baby!! We’ll come say hello my friend!!!

Bank 59. DI by the bathrooms. Left of stage if you’re looking at it.

#693 73 days ago
    Quoted from flipbill:

Any live stream for Pinburgh ?

Tomorrow during quarters in A and beyond

#696 73 days ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Will the broadcast be on Twitch? Somewhere else?
    Thanks.

Papa tv live on YT and twitch

#719 72 days ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I'm gonna make the 3-hour drive tomorrow and get there around 2pm.

Come find me. I’m ready to get nuts.

#735 72 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

What’s the word on when streaming will start?

Around 2 pm. Quarterfinals and on

#780 70 days ago

Thanks to all the awesome people that help make this amazing show/tournament happen.

This was my second pinburgh (first was two years ago). It was vastly improved even when I thought it couldn’t get much better.

Thanks to everyone that came up to me to say hello. I always love meeting new pinheads and getting to know them a little bit.

Hopefully next time I can creep into that top 40!! Can’t wait.

#793 70 days ago

I assumed that all restricted players are simply added to their restricted division after the legit 200 spots were filled. When i learned this wasn’t the case, I agreed that it doesn’t seem fair.

I would be for the day is done if you don’t make your restricted division, the only thing would be where to they get put in the finals standings when submitting to the Ifpa? Not sure how that would work.

#799 70 days ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I suspect that logistics are what keeps this one from happening. Imagine:
    * 60 people are tied for spots 171 through 230 at the end of day 1.
    * 18 players are A restricted but didn't make the top 200 at the end of day 1.
    Do you make the A division all 248 players who scored down to the natural cutoff? If so, you could very, very easily end up with an E division with 10 people in it unless you inserted other rules like allowing some of those people in spot 171 through 230 to be in A but not others. You'd neither either a random, played out, or skill-based tiebreaker. In any of these scenarios, you'd still end up with people with legitimate complaints that they played well enough to make the A division but were bumped down by players with restrictions.

Yeah you’re right. Hard to find a system that screws no one. That’s for sure.

#833 70 days ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Anyone else experiencing the Monday-Post-Pinburgh-Depression syndrome that I’m having today?

I’m like a freaking zombie today.

#845 69 days ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Speaking of writing down scores - one guy in my first group on Thursday had a clipboard in his backpack. That was so very nice - if I carried a backpack throughout I would absolutely bring one. I'm just not sure I want to bother with a bag through the whole thing.

Great idea. I’ll make sure and bring a clipboard next time too. And extra pens.

#869 69 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Alas ... most of them don’t show up.
    rd[quoted image]

Look up all divisional finals in match play.

#873 69 days ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Anyone know how far down the wait list that got in? I heard a lot of names read off. Just curious what the highest wait list number was that made it.

I think it was 133 actually.

#896 69 days ago

Put some of those reclining chairs that were in the area by the drink station too.

#922 68 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I'm not sure what this means, can you elaborate?

I think he’s suggesting to auction off pinburgh tickets.

#1006 66 days ago

How was that handled? Does the TD put it back mid game or what?

#1010 66 days ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

I guess the point is if you install all of the machine with earplugs then you could change the rule to 30 seconds and probably have less issues in the long run with tilt rulings. It just a suggestion as we having been using for the past three years at our show and they work awesome.

City champ used them this year and there were zero reports of phantom tilts that I was aware of. And tilts were super tight.

#1012 66 days ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

So how do the earplugs work? Are you listening for the tilt bob? Or are the earplugs on the actual tilt mechs somehow to deaden them?

http://tiltforums.com/t/the-pinball-tilt-new-pinball-film/2051

#1021 65 days ago

One suggestion. You can even tighten the tilt more once they are installed because of how fast they stop swinging. So you can get the same sensitivity as before, but no “BS” tilts or waiting for forever.

#1028 63 days ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

This is actually my fear and why I need to test it. For sure, there are times where I want a nudge to go warning-warning-tilt and if this deadens the swing enough, then it would not be possible.

Yeah YMMV, but this is what I meant about tightening the tilt further after the ear plug. You’ll definitely get warning warning tilts with BW games still.

2 weeks later
    #1049 45 days ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks like $225. Congrats!

What did 40th in A get? Just curious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside