Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Waitlist is already moving.

chuckwurt ... where are you viewing the waitlist? Or is this from talking with waitlisters who are getting through?

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure. My friend got on the waitlist at like 12:01. Then she got an email saying she was up to purchase a couple hours later.

Thanks Erik... our group got in. But I had some friends who didn’t get in and was hoping to view the waitlist. But expect it’ll be a while til it settles down and they put it up online.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Hopefully schedule works out for me. Pinburg got the nod and had to forget about another tech conference.
    Wonder how well I will do.

My prediction... you will win more pinball games at Pinburgh than you would have at your tech conference. But you will also lose more!!

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another thing people don't realize is when they organize these super secret conspiracy cabals to have 8 people all try to buy 5 tickets and then have no idea what to actually do or who to buy tickets for when they actually get 5 tickets in their basket is that you are basically competing against yourselves to get tickets in the first place. I'm not sure it actually works out in your favor mathematically.
    Just buy your own tickets folks. If you strike out you can get on the wait list ASAP rather than calling 8 people and trying to figure out what to do at 12:02.

The disorganization definitely hurt some people. I know of at least one group who had tickets in cart and were scrambling to get everyone together and ended up timing out and nobody got tickets. Doh!!

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I was curious, so I pasted the player list into a spreadsheet to get a count. It's only 980 so far, even with the duplicates that are included. So there's still nearly 30 (edit, more like 40!) more people to go before it's even "full".
    Edit: Dupe huting - yow, that's a bunch
    - Brian Trenholm (2)
    - Christian Line (2)
    - Connor Stowe (2)
    - Dave Weaver (2 - one with 53489 for IFPA number)
    - Ian Seidler (2)
    - Jeff Rivera (2 - one with Brandon Pennington's IFPA number)
    - Jerry Musser (2 - one with Nick Lane's IFPA number)
    - Joakim Sundberg (2 - one with Peter Franck's IFPA number)
    - Josh Sharpe (2)
    - Juana Summers (2)
    - Justin Ausmeier (2)
    - Keri Wing (2 - One with Tate Fischer's IFPA number)
    - Ian Seidler (2)
    - Mark Seidler (2)
    - Micaela Wolf (3!)
    - Rachel Karlic (2 - one with 51982 for IFPA number)
    - Rick Prince (2)
    - Sarah Line (2)
    - Seth Clayter (2 -one with '123456' for IFPA number)
    - Todd MacCulloch (2)

We have a major problem here. No way that BOTH of the Josh Sharpes can get 2nd place!!

And as for the extra 20 (over 980) I believe this was addressed with the deadline being March 15th for people to submit charity events to buy and giveaway tickets (or something along those lines).

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But aren't you now competing with more "buyers" in the first place, since there are 10 of you all trying to log on and buy tickets?

It’s a math problem Levi... Yes, you’ve increased the denominator... but you’ve also increased the numerator and the net result is in your favor.

#260 5 years ago

So, I feel the need to ask. After Andy Rosa won the Stern Pro Championship, how many players do you think will be wearing headlamps and fingerless gloves to Pinburgh this year?

3 months later
    #321 4 years ago

And an unrelated question... is there a pickup location again like last year for wristbands/registration info? I know the line was quite long in the morning last year and I thought I read somewhere this was being addressed somehow.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

There will be offsite pickup available the day before the show. Details are being finalized and will be announced soon.

Doug... Do you know if this will include the replay FX wristbands also? Or only the pinburgh registration? I thought last year it was the replay FX wristbands that caused quite the delay (but I might be wrong).

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Pre-registration check in has always been checking in for the tournament and getting your show access bits (lanyard, wrist band, whatever) if pre-paid -- every year so far that it's been at the current location.

Thanks... memory fail on my part.

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s just awesome to see them all and pick favorites with friends. Gets the hype train rolling. I will have a car full of people coming from cincy and I bet we talk about banks most of the way.

Not to mention watching Bowden get his ass kicked by more games in one day than any person alive!! I wonder if they have something similar planned for this year by someone different? I nominate Chuckwurt!!

3 weeks later
    #454 4 years ago
    Quoted from fanofpinball:

Just found out person I was rooming with for Pinburgh has to cancel trip because of new job.

That sucks that the new job wouldn't honor a couple days off for an already planned trip. My son took a new job (internship actually) and speficially said he had to have those days off or he couldn’t take the position.

On the bright side... one more happy camper on the waitlist!!

2 weeks later
    #832 4 years ago

Anyone else experiencing the Monday-Post-Pinburgh-Depression syndrome that I’m having today?

#846 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great idea. I’ll make sure and bring a clipboard next time too. And extra pens.

Yes. Saw that and also thought it was a great idea. Will add that to my list of things that are nice to have for next year. Tripod chair from Amazon was great this year, so thanks for those that suggested this... very easy to pack/carry, not really big enough to get in peoples way, and a welcome relief to keep the feet fresh between balls.

#1023 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

This is in the PAPA/IFPA rules.

Quoted from ryanwanger:

True. But there is no guarantee that the bob has stopped swinging by then.

I also heard (not sure from whom) that if you’re really worried that 60 seconds isn’t enough, then go up to the pin at the minute mark and start semi/short plunging with the ball never leaving the shooter lane. I’ve never done it, but on games without auto-plunge, I’m guessing you could waste another minute or so doing that several times. I’m not recommending it (or even sure if it’s against rules), but just repeating what i had heard.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-?tu=Pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.