Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
    #1 5 years ago

Tickets go on sale Feb 23 at noon EST https://replayfx.org/buy-tickets/

Event is Aug 1-4

Time's yours...

#2 5 years ago

Can’t wait! Hopefully my refresh skills are strong this year and can get in and avoid the waitlist.

#3 5 years ago

Starting to pray now I get tickets.

#4 5 years ago

I wonder if the the ticket queue is more stressful than any match i've been in?

#5 5 years ago

Very Excite.

#6 5 years ago

The click timing adds an exciting element of e-gaming into it, guys. It's a pre-tournament video mode.

#7 5 years ago

Even though I started this thread, I won't be going this year. I have to save my vacation time as I'm going to be traveling this summer checking out different colleges with my son.

#8 5 years ago

I'm surprised they didn't up the entry fee. Might reduce the amount of people trying to get in and increase prize payouts.

2 weeks later
    #9 5 years ago

Any changes for this year? Seems odd there hasn't been any chatter at all about this years event.

#10 5 years ago

Is it one click and then you are in the cart or do you need to go through multiple windows? I'm a first timer hoping to get in.

Looks like there are now 1,000 spots as shown at: https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Is it one click and then you are in the cart or do you need to go through multiple windows? I'm a first timer hoping to get in.

Open the www page before tickets go on sale.

Set an alarm on your phone to go off at noon.

When the alarm goes off, hit F5 on the www page and place your order.

That's how I got in last year.

#12 5 years ago

My 2 big questions are
    Can we still buy multiple tickets at once? Is it still 5 like last year?
    What hotel(s) are they blocking discount rooms at and when is that code/link coming out?

#13 5 years ago

Guess they upped the player count to...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14 5 years ago

Pinburgh rules for 2019 are updated! The three big takeaways are:

1000 Players!
    Payouts in Division E!
    Streamlined division restrictions!

https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/pinburgh-rules/

Tickets go on sale February 23 at noon eastern!

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Tickets go on sale February 23 at noon eastern!

what is the ticket limit per order?

Last year it was 5. Hoping that is greatly reduced this time to give more people a chance.

Also a heads up that I have heard some have written bot scripts to try and get tickets. May cause some major issues for your ticket system.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Last year it was 5. Hoping that is greatly reduced this time to give more people a chance.
    Also a heads up that I have heard some have written bot scripts to try and get tickets. May cause some major issues for your ticket system.

Ticket limit is the same as last year, 5 tickets. Last year 0 people bought 5 tickets in one transaction if I recall correctly. The vast majority of purchases were single tickets.

I can't do anything if someone builds a bot, Showclix (our ticketing vendor) will be fine though, they handle events waaaaay bigger than Pinburgh.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Ticket limit is the same as last year, 5 tickets. Last year 0 people bought 5 tickets in one transaction if I recall correctly. The vast majority of purchases were single tickets.
    I can't do anything if someone builds a bot, Showclix (our ticketing vendor) will be fine though, they handle events waaaaay bigger than Pinburgh.

thanks for the info.

Guessing more will be going for 5 this year? teaming up to try and score...

good luck everyone.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This isn't the concern some people seem to think it is, at least not yet. Maybe if there's a mass collusion effort to team up this year and have 5 people all try to get 5 tickets while sitting in a chat of some kind and then have one person who actually gets them finalize the purchase - but I can't imagine people will actually make that type of coordinated effort.

The interesting takeaway I got from the Pinball Profile with Elizabeth Cromwell is that this year, if the tickets run out, you'll immediately get put in the waitlist, and if tickets become available, from things like carts timing out, they will automatically get offered to the people on the waitlist. So there'd be no mad refreshing at the 15 minute mark hoping more tickets appear. If that actually works that way, it's pretty impressive.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:This isn't the concern some people seem to think it is, at least not yet. Maybe if there's a mass collusion effort to team up this year and have 5 people all try to get 5 tickets while sitting in a chat of some kind and then have one person who actually gets them finalize the purchase - but I can't imagine people will actually make that type of coordinated effort.

This happened last year, I know several different groups that participated. My pin network is pretty small, so I can only image it was pretty wide-spread.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

This happened last year, I know several different groups that participated. My pin network is pretty small, so I can only image it was pretty wide-spread.

And what’s the problem with doing this?

Also not sure how this happened multiple times last year when only one purchase of 5 tickets was made.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also not sure how this happened multiple times last year when only one purchase of 5 tickets was made.

Maybe it was a group of 4 people who did this? Or multiple groups of 4?

If/when this is happening, you'd only end up with one set of tickets purchased at the most.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

And what’s the problem with doing this?

No problem with it, was just rebutting the comment above that it didn't happen.

I know one group where someone reserved 5 tix, and the 3 others in the group got individual tix at the same time. They were all on a conference call. This locked up 8 tix initially and then released 4 back to the pool (and skipped folks already on the wl)

I'm not sure how widespread it was, but I heard more than one of these stories.

#24 5 years ago

None of that stuff bothers me. It all ends up with people who really want to go paying face value to go. As long as Pinburgh tickets remain non-transferrable (i.e. no scalping), the current system is about as good as it can possibly be, considering the demand.

#25 5 years ago

Completely agree. Especially now that the shopping cart weirdness is now fixed and any released tickets that don’t get purchased immediately go to waitlist people.

I’m not sure the ticket process can be done any better to be honest.

I’ve never heard of anyone being ready to buy at noon day of, and not getting a ticket eventually.

#26 5 years ago

Has it been confirmed independently by any Pinburgh Officials that any released tickets that don’t get purchased immediately go to waitlist people?

#27 5 years ago

Has it been confirmed independently by any Pinburgh Officials that any released tickets that don’t get purchased immediately go to waitlist people?

Yes. Elizabeth confirmed on the pinball profile podcast.

#28 5 years ago

There is now a ticket link posted: https://www.showclix.com/event/replayfx-2019/pre-sale

Is this what you would F5 or will another link eventually show up where it says Select Tickets?

#29 5 years ago

Hotel blocks are up on the replayfx website.

#30 5 years ago

Just booked my room at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown. If you don't mind forking out the cash, it's the perfect place to stay. You can walk to the convention center in about 2 minutes and it's smack in the middle of everything.

#31 5 years ago

New VIP tickets for $200.

https://www.facebook.com/190691526866/posts/10156274337151867

“INTRODUCING PINBURGH 2019 VIP TICKETS
    Starting February 23 at 11am, one hour prior to Replay FX general admission tickets and standard Pinburgh reservations going on sale, competitors will have the option to purchase 50 limited edition Pinburgh VIP Reservations!

The Pinburgh VIP Tournament Reservation offers an upgraded opportunity to experience the event and includes a 2019 Pinburgh T-shirt, a customized lanyard and special badge, expedited check-in, and access to a comfortable VIP-only area during the tournament that will allow you to get off your feet and relax in between rounds.

All Replay FX and Pinburgh reservations will be sold at https://www.showclix.com/event/replayfx-2019”

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

New VIP tickets for $200.
    https://www.facebook.com/190691526866/posts/10156274337151867
    “INTRODUCING PINBURGH 2019 VIP TICKETS
    Starting February 23 at 11am, one hour prior to Replay FX general admission tickets and standard Pinburgh reservations going on sale, competitors will have the option to purchase 50 limited edition Pinburgh VIP Reservations!
    The Pinburgh VIP Tournament Reservation offers an upgraded opportunity to experience the event and includes a 2019 Pinburgh T-shirt, a customized lanyard and special badge, expedited check-in, and access to a comfortable VIP-only area during the tournament that will allow you to get off your feet and relax in between rounds.
    All Replay FX and Pinburgh reservations will be sold at https://www.showclix.com/event/replayfx-2019”

Has anyone found out how many you can buy at the same time? Is it 5 like the other tickets?

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone found out how many you can buy at the same time? Is it 5 like the other tickets?

Apparently, yes. So these should go in about 1 second.

#34 5 years ago

You still need five names to buy five tickets. It's not like anyone can grab five "just in case." You need to coordinate with specific people who are all willing to pay the VIP upgrade. But yeah, these are going to vanish regardless. They could have charged double or triple and still sold out instantly.

#35 5 years ago

There should be a limit of 2 for these VIP tickets.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There should be a limit of 2 for these VIP tickets.

What if you want to bring your family?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

What if you want to bring your family?

Exactly. I'm coming out with a group of 4 people. We are buying tickets together so we all either play in Pinburgh, or we all don't play. That way someone isn't hanging out by themselves the entire time while everyone else plays in the tournament.

I really don't understand why people have issues with buying multiple tickets. You can't sell them or transfer them. So the 4 people I'm going out with would all be trying to buy tickets anyway.

#39 5 years ago

Do you need to purchase/add general admission Replay FX tickets to your shopping cart also or can that be purchased later?

#40 5 years ago

Do you need to purchase/add general admission Replay FX tickets to your shopping cart also or can that be purchased later?

Can purchase that later.

#41 5 years ago

does anyone know if you need to create an account with Showclix to be able to buy tickets? I've checked their site and don't see a place to.

#42 5 years ago

Pretty sure you can checkout as a guest without any issues. Dont think I've ever created an account.

#43 5 years ago

Thank, I'm a first timer here, just trying to mitigate my mistakes.

#44 5 years ago

I think if you are on the waiting list maybe as deep as 150 you will eventually get in.

#45 5 years ago

So it will automatically que you into the waitlist?

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from yatch11:

So it will automatically que you into the waitlist?

Yep.

Who’s going after a VIP ticket? I’m probably going to pass, but I want to get my ticket at 11am!! Haha

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep.
    Who’s going after a VIP ticket? I’m probably going to pass, but I want to get my ticket at 11am!! Haha

I'm going to try. It's only $70 bucks more and when you think of the cost of flights, hotel, ground transport, food, etc. $70 is nothing. Not to mention two chances to get in!

#48 5 years ago

good luck to everyone trying and may your clicking fingers be fast.

#49 5 years ago

Thanks Chuck, (enjoy your streams BTW). I'm going after the VIP, don't expect to get one. I'm just mainly doing it as a trail run for the 12 o'clock tickets but hey if I get one, it'll be a bonus!

#50 5 years ago

Hilarious. Decided to try for VIP for the hell of it. Refreshed on the dot, pick 2, hit button ... unable to reserve. Refresh, sold out.

Totally expected that, but still funny.

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-?hl=yatch11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.