Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.
    #401 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Player list just got updated. Sadly no waitlist update.

Looks like the player list dropped from 992 to 986 with that update - so invites to the next several wait-listers may be on the way.

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from NIQ:

There will be. It will be at the Pittsburgh Pinball Dojo again. Jake and I are making our final preparations and we’ll post next week. But it will definitely be July 30th and 31st.
    Format will follow pin-masters rules.

In IFPAcalendar I saw only 31 of July. Will there be also one on 30 of july?

#403 4 years ago

I believe it is a 2 day qualifying event with Finals @ 5pm on Weds.

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Player list just got updated. Sadly no waitlist update.

Agree

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

In IFPAcalendar I saw only 31 of July. Will there be also one on 30 of july?

We have opened up qualifying to that Tuesday as well since submitting it to IFPA.

#406 4 years ago

Pre Pinburgh Pingolf info:
    tinyurl.com/PreReplayPingolf

#407 4 years ago

Waitlist moved 10 spots tonight. Hope you got in.

#408 4 years ago

Anyone have more details on the Helicon tournaments on Wednesday?

#409 4 years ago

and also, will kickback be having another knockout Wednesday night before Pinburgh? It was great fun last year.

#410 4 years ago

Is there a way to determine if we bought the ReplayFX ticket already?

I have my Pinburgh ticket of course, but have no idea if I already bought the actual show tickets.

#411 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there a way to determine if we bought the ReplayFX ticket already?
    I have my Pinburgh ticket of course, but have no idea if I already bought the actual show tickets.

You should have an email receipt from ShowClix

#412 4 years ago

Have the banks been released yet?

#413 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Deadpool, Knockout, Twilight Zone, Royal Flush (SS)

#414 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

No

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Deadpool, Knockout, Twilight Zone, Royal Flush (SS)

That's right folks, we're all playing 1 bank this year. Bring a chair, the wait times will be redonk.

#416 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

That's right folks, we're all playing 1 bank this year. Bring a chair, the wait times will be redonk.

at least it is a pretty good bank

#417 4 years ago

#23 on the waitlist. So close I can smell the Primanti’s...

#418 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Positive:

#23 on the waitlist. So close I can smell the Primanti’s...

I would guess you have a damn good shot.

Lots of people playing and lots of chances for people to not make it last minute.

I think anything under 25 at this point and I would be going no matter what, checking in, and being ready to play on the day of.

#419 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

at least it is a pretty good bank

I agree. I would be pretty happy with that bank.

#420 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would guess you have a damn good shot.
    Lots of people playing and lots of chances for people to not make it last minute.
    I think anything under 25 at this point and I would be going no matter what, checking in, and being ready to play on the day of.

I’m committed at this point. Will be there with bells on.

#421 4 years ago

It's time for the unofficial 2019 Pinburgh Fantasy Pinball League!!!

Fun! Free! Completely legal! Also awesome! And even more fun than watching the wait list or crossing out days on the calendar before the big event!

The full rules can be found here, but it’s pretty simple. Every player has a value. You pick 5 players to be on your fantasy team. The value of those 5 players combined cannot go over $400 in imaginary cash (let's call it 400 Quatloos!). Then, throughout Pinburgh the players on your team earn points based on their finishing position. All entries due by Wednesday 7/31/2019 8:00 AM EDT
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnzUAggW2uUmUwtZSO-NxDEi9xmDfaGWRgT5XLysTVU/edit?usp=sharing

Once you’ve got your team, you can use this form to submit your picks. Once Pinburgh starts, scores go live! We will post a link to the results in this thread. Follow along throughout the tournament to see how you do!
    https://forms.gle/aM5D7X1mkFFAZ8Ct8

I made a separate topic for discussion with more info, and where to get a breakdown on the field and value picks. This is going to be a lot of fun and has some serious growth potential! CHeck it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-fantasy-pinball-for-pinburgh-#post-5098560

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's time for the unofficial 2019 Pinburgh Fantasy Pinball League!!!
    Fun! Free! Completely legal! Also awesome! And even more fun than watching the wait list or crossing out days on the calendar before the big event!
    The full rules can be found here, but it’s pretty simple. Every player has a value. You pick 5 players to be on your fantasy team. The value of those 5 players combined cannot go over $400 in imaginary cash (let's call it 400 Quatloos!). Then, throughout Pinburgh the players on your team earn points based on their finishing position. All entries due by Wednesday 7/31/2019 8:00 AM EDT
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnzUAggW2uUmUwtZSO-NxDEi9xmDfaGWRgT5XLysTVU/edit?usp=sharing
    Once you’ve got your team, you can use this form to submit your picks. Once Pinburgh starts, scores go live! We will post a link to the results in this thread. Follow along throughout the tournament to see how you do!
    https://forms.gle/aM5D7X1mkFFAZ8Ct8
    I made a separate topic for discussion with more info, and where to get a breakdown on the field and value picks. This is going to be a lot of fun and has some serious growth potential! CHeck it out here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-fantasy-pinball-for-pinburgh-#post-5098560

I share whiskey with you last year and I get the default $20.00 value. You could have thrown a quarter in there for me haha

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrboboto:

and also, will kickback be having another knockout Wednesday night before Pinburgh? It was great fun last year.

The kickback Wednesday KO will be happening.

#424 4 years ago
    Quoted from NIQ:

We have opened up qualifying to that Tuesday as well since submitting it to IFPA.

Thanks for info

#425 4 years ago

How does it work for people that are on the waitlist that show up the day of? What do they need to do? Do they have to register or sign in? Any information with regards to this is greatly appreciated.

#426 4 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

How does it work for people that are on the waitlist that show up the day of? What do they need to do? Do they have to register or sign in? Any information with regards to this is greatly appreciated.

You *MUST* check in with the pinburg tournament desk in the hall on the morning of -- So you'll have to buy show admission. Then, just before start time, they will start calling people in the order of the waitlist that *HAVE CHECKED IN* to fill in open slots, so you have to be there and ready when called.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

The kickback Wednesday KO will be happening.

Is there a Facebook post or some other site with the info on start time/format for this tourney?

#428 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Is there a Facebook post or some other site with the info on start time/format for this tourney?

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=32283#

#429 4 years ago

Pinburgh 2019 - What you need to know...

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Pinburgh 2019 - What you need to know...

It would be nice to have this info on some kind of document or website as well so that people can print it out for reference.....

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

It would be nice to have this info on some kind of document or website as well so that people can print it out for reference.....

Most of the information from the video is available in the Pinburgh rules or on the ReplayFX website.

#432 4 years ago

MY TIPS FOR PINBURGH.

So with input from some friends I made a list of things you should know if this is your first Pinburgh.

1. ALWAYS double check that the correct player number is up.

2. If you drink alcohol, buy it ahead of time. It’s very difficult to find a place in DT Pittsburgh.

2a. You can bring a backpack into Pinburgh with snacks and drinks.

3. Bring a backup power bank for your phone, you will be on it a lot.

4. If someone walks away from a ball save, keep your mouth shut. Also stay at your machine until you see the bonus countdown so you don't walk away from your ball save.

5. Wear comfortable shoes. Sit as often as you can.

6. Stay hydrated. Bring your own water.

7. Remember a win in round 1 counts the same as a win in round 10.

8. The sit-down restaurants can be expensive. The best bang for the buck imho is ****** (sorry not sharing this as i don't want all of you there making the line longer )

9. Pay attention to the schedule and don't be late. Pay special attention to the “after dinner” rounds 4 & 9. It seems like I’ve seen and heard a lot of people show up late thinking it starts at 6:30.

10. Don't be a jerk. Don't put up with people who are being jerks.

11. Watch your opponents game and others in your bank to see how kick outs are, flipper strength, tilt, etc.

12. Ball savers are turned off on many games. This likely includes the super secret skill shot to the left outlane on Iron Maiden.

13.. Tilts are all going to be pretty tight, so tilting thru on solid states and EMs is a real possibility so use caution. Be extra careful on “tilt ends game” machines.

14. Double check your score sheets before signing and turning IT in. Take a photo too. At the end of the tournament it's nice to see how you did on different machines.

15. Have fun! You are going to have bad balls, bad games, and bad breaks. It's a long tournament, and letting yourself get mentally defeated will only take away from your enjoyment and level of play.

16.If you're staying downtown, almost all hotels only offer expensive valet parking. There are numerous city garages around that are significantly cheaper.

17. Carry a pen with you for score-keeping.

18. Try and make some time for enjoying the rest of the convention.

#433 4 years ago

19. it is ONLY pinball!

sorry, but this really should be #1
    Time and time again, I have seen the fits and full on melt downs at Pinburgh. First year, I saw a grown man in full tantrum on the ground kicking and screaming. Dont be that guy on the outside (you can be him on the inside if you want )

You will play better if you just shake off the bad balls and focus on the next.

20. Meet the people in your group, chat with them. You may find some new friends and this is honestly the best part about Pinburgh.
    *some people will not want to talk as they are all business and that is fine. Give them the space.
    **some people will flat out be jerks. Just blown them off and have your fun.

#434 4 years ago

I know people hate countdowns, but holy crap! Two weeks from now I’ll be walking in and playing pinball at Pinburgh!!

#435 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I know people hate countdowns, but holy crap! Two weeks from now I’ll be walking in and playing pinball at Pinburgh!!

Counterpoint: Awwww man, pinburgh is still two whole weeks away.

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

4. If someone walks away from a ball save, keep your mouth shut.

Only the "serious" tournament players are any good at not reacting to a ball save. Almost every group I've ever been in alerts the player to the ball save, whether they mean to or not.

#437 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Only the "serious" tournament players are any good at not reacting to a ball save. Almost every group I've ever been in alerts the player to the ball save, whether they mean to or not.

what is the current ruling/ stance on doing this?

Is it coaching and you get a warning/ DQ?
    Is it allowed because it is just the natural response to warn someone?

#438 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what is the current ruling/ stance on doing this?
    Is it coaching and you get a warning/ DQ?
    Is it allowed because it is just the natural response to warn someone?

I'm sure the "official" rule is it falls under 'no coaching' -- but nobody has ever run to an official because it happened.

#439 4 years ago

Can you buy your ReplayFX ticket at the early Pinburgh check-in the night before?

#440 4 years ago

When show up for pre-check-in what do you need if anything to get your Passes?

#441 4 years ago

You need your printed and pre-purchased tickets from ShowClix. You show the staff those. They scan them, verify and give you an event pass lanyard and check you in for Pinburgh

#442 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

How's this? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMl-oPbhmDBppgXfsdSbPxvYbSN-bDT-F92--T_wI98/edit?usp=sharing

Note: if anybody notices anything on that thing that is wrong, let me know.

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

Can you buy your ReplayFX ticket at the early Pinburgh check-in the night before?

Early Check in is pick up only. If you didn't pre-purchase, you have to do that Thursday morning between 8 and 9:30.

Quoted from GravitaR:

When show up for pre-check-in what do you need if anything to get your Passes?

Bring a printed copy of your email receipt, or have it on your phone (Pro tip: save it as a screenshot in case service is lousy).

#444 4 years ago

Can someone else pick up Pinburgh tickets for you, with valid ID?

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Can someone else pick up Pinburgh tickets for you, with valid ID?

They need your showclix receipt - but even then I'm not certain that would fly if they realized you weren't that person - since part of early check in is "I'm here, so check me in for the tournament". If you pick up tickets for someone arriving the next morning and something goes wrong with their travel plans ... well....

#446 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

If you didn't pre-purchase, you have to do that Thursday morning between 8 and 9:30.

And nobody wants be the person in line Thursday morning wondering if the line is moving fast enough.
    Buy ahead, pickup the day before, and walk in like a boss.

#447 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And nobody wants be the person in line Thursday morning wondering if the line is moving fast enough.
    Buy ahead, pickup the day before, and walk in like a boss.

Trust me. Great advice right there^^^^

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Most of the information from the video is available in the Pinburgh rules or on the ReplayFX website.

Like you said "Most", but not all. I checked before I posted, no info about the early registration process Wednesday (address, timeframes) or the onsite registration on Thursday. Having both of that posted somewhere would be helpful for a lot of people, myself included.

#449 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

How's this? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMl-oPbhmDBppgXfsdSbPxvYbSN-bDT-F92--T_wI98/edit?usp=sharing
    Note: if anybody notices anything on that thing that is wrong, let me know.

Thanks!! This is the type of info needed to be posted publicly on the ReplayFX/Pinburgh website!

For others in this thread, here is that cheatsheet posted in PDF form:

Pinburgh 2019 “Cheat Sheet” (AKA, “What you need to know”).pdfPinburgh 2019 “Cheat Sheet” (AKA, “What you need to know”).pdf
    Added over 5 years ago:

Corrected Pinburgh cheatsheet has now been posted in post #462

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/10#post-5104967

#450 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks!! This is the type of info needed to be posted publicly on the ReplayFX/Pinburgh website!

I'm sure it's mostly, if not all, there somewhere - just not that concise/together.

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/9?hl=colinize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.