Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

Wait list was updated Friday. Looks like 1 spot moved off the list?

Yes one lonely spot. I thought more would cancel out ny now. Pretty surprised so far.

1 week later
    #302 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

There was one, plus cointaker.

there were some seller of "Pinball machines" but nobody who was selling "Pinball parts"
    did anyone of you saw any vendor with pinball parts?

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

there were some seller of "Pinball machines" but nobody who was selling "Pinball parts"
    did anyone of you saw any vendor with pinball parts?

Ted Garner (our lead tech) always has a booth setup with mostly electronics parts, often VERY difficult to find ICs and whatnot.

#304 4 years ago

Waitlist moved 5 spots, still 480+ players on the list.

#305 4 years ago

Make sure you guys stop and say hi to me. I'll be one of the techs pushing a repair cart around.

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Make sure you guys stop and say hi to me. I'll be one of the techs pushing a repair cart around.

Kind of difficult without a pic or name. Will try.

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Kind of difficult without a pic or name. Will try.

Then just say Hi and Thank You to every single repair guy you see working there. They do a fantastic job keeping that many games running well, and as a player, I can't thank them enough for making this competition be about fun pinball.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Then just say Hi and Thank You to every single repair guy you see working there. They do a fantastic job keeping that many games running well, and as a player, I can't thank them enough for making this competition be about fun pinball.

Always do as I know most of them from attending prior PAPA's and Pinburgh's. Great people that deserve all the thanks the players can give them.

#309 4 years ago

Quick story to show how well prepared the Pinburgh techs are.

Three years ago at Pinburgh we are playing Avengers and the player is in MB and realizes he is playing a one ball MB, there is a ball stuck. He traps up and we summon a tech. The tech and a TD can't seem to find the stuck ball. They look for over 5 minutes with the glass on and off and just can't find that ball. So what happens? The flipper transistor blows. They send us to an alternate game. So I'm thinking, well, Avengers is out of the tournament. The tech pulls the board out and flips it over right on the cart and replaces the transistor. The Avengers was back up and running by the time we finished our alternate game. Now that is awesome!

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Three years ago at Pinburgh we are playing Avengers and the player is in MB and realizes he is playing a one ball MB, there is a ball stuck. He traps up and we summon a tech. The tech and a TD can't seem to find the stuck ball. They look for over 5 minutes with the glass on and off and just can't find that ball. So what happens? The flipper transistor blows. They send us to an alternate game. So I'm thinking, well, Avengers is out of the tournament. The tech pulls the board out and flips it over right on the cart and replaces the transistor. The Avengers was back up and running by the time we finished our alternate game. Now that is awesome!

Where was the stuck ball?!?

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gomez game? No telling.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

We've pulled monitors, rebuilt them in the tech area, and had them back on the floor before the end of the day.

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Most likely in the cabinet.

#314 4 years ago

When will I get contacted for the Pinburgh ticket I won at a tournament last weekend? They said someone named Elizabeth would be contacting me by email...

4 weeks later
    #315 4 years ago

Hope to there all three days as an event volunteer as in years past. Hope everyone has fun downtown PITTSBURGH!!

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Hope to there all three days as an event volunteer as in years past. Hope everyone has fun downtown PITTSBURGH!!

Thanks for helping out. As a player, I really appreciate all the work people do to put this event on.

#317 4 years ago

Who knows the rules of "Stall Ball"? We were messing around playing it last night, and ran into the question of ball savers. Is a drain during the ball saver a loss? Or is it a ball saved and not a loss?

Yes, we could have just shut them off, but just curious how others play it.

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Who knows the rules of "Stall Ball"? We were messing around playing it last night, and ran into the question of ball savers. Is a drain during the ball saver a loss? Or is it a ball saved and not a loss?
    Yes, we could have just shut them off, but just curious how others play it.

We play that ball saves still counts as the current ball and not a loss of ball. Same with VIP pass, kickbacks, etc.

#319 4 years ago

We play that a drain is a drain, ball save or not. Otherwise it's an unfair advantage to those who step up after a drain vs. a successful stall. Kickbacks are still ball in play.

I don't think we've used a game with virtual kickbacks, so it never came up. Kind of a gray area. I don't have a strong opinion either way as long as everyone knows the house rule.

1 week later
    #320 4 years ago

Are there any movements in the waiting list for Pinburgh and also for WIPT ?
    it is now only 5 weeks to go and the last update for Pinburgh waitlist was 28th of May

#321 4 years ago

And an unrelated question... is there a pickup location again like last year for wristbands/registration info? I know the line was quite long in the morning last year and I thought I read somewhere this was being addressed somehow.

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

And an unrelated question... is there a pickup location again like last year for wristbands/registration info? I know the line was quite long in the morning last year and I thought I read somewhere this was being addressed somehow.

There will be offsite pickup available the day before the show. Details are being finalized and will be announced soon.

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

Are there any movements in the waiting list for Pinburgh and also for WIPT ?
    it is now only 5 weeks to go and the last update for Pinburgh waitlist was 28th of May

WIPT wait list was updated June 10th.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

There will be offsite pickup available the day before the show. Details are being finalized and will be announced soon.

Doug... Do you know if this will include the replay FX wristbands also? Or only the pinburgh registration? I thought last year it was the replay FX wristbands that caused quite the delay (but I might be wrong).

#325 4 years ago

Pre-registration check in has always been checking in for the tournament and getting your show access bits (lanyard, wrist band, whatever) if pre-paid -- every year so far that it's been at the current location.

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Pre-registration check in has always been checking in for the tournament and getting your show access bits (lanyard, wrist band, whatever) if pre-paid -- every year so far that it's been at the current location.

Thanks... memory fail on my part.

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Thanks... memory fail on my part.

it is OK, you are gettin old

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

WIPT wait list was updated June 10th.

I know, that's why I explicitly mentioned the Pinburgh waiting list.
    I asked in the first set for both tournaments, but in the second I only mentioned that the Pinburgh waiting list was last renewed on May 28th.
    Nevertheless thank you for your helpful answer.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

This.

Do yourself a favor and buy your show tickets online ahead of time, then you can just pick everything up at the pre-reg location.

#330 4 years ago

Really hoping the pre-reg pick-up spot isn't in the middle of downtown and instead at the new ReplayFX/PAPA HQ location.

One can dream.

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Really hoping the pre-reg pick-up spot isn't in the middle of downtown and instead at the new ReplayFX/PAPA HQ location.
    One can dream.

Dream to need to drive 20 minutes away from where everyone is staying to pickup the passes? No thanks.

#332 4 years ago

Pre-reg pickup is definitely the way to go if at all possible. The lines were pretty intense the two years I didn't grab it beforehand.

#333 4 years ago

#334 4 years ago

Does anyone offer show discount on games? I know CGC SE and CE models have show specials some time. Would love to pick up a AFMr.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

One can dream.

Yeah the hundreds of people who are staying downtown without cars are dying to spend an extra hour or two hiring cars to drive around the Pittsburgh area to register. After all, pointless inconvenience is what pre-reg is supposed to be all about!

It's a good thing people who actually understand how to put on a pinball show are behind PAPA instead of clueless rubes.

#336 4 years ago

Can someone just show up Saturday, pay the admission, and come in a buy tokens and play?

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can someone just show up Saturday, pay the admission, and come in a buy tokens and play?

Yep except no tokens needed. Free play everything.

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Does anyone offer show discount on games? I know CGC SE and CE models have show specials some time. Would love to pick up a AFMr.

Could check with Joe at PinballStar - he's always had a big booth of stuff there. Not sure if he does show deals for games used at the show or not.

#339 4 years ago

Banks, Banks, Banks. Where be da banks?

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yep with games on free play. Most of the games will be available for play except those in finals banks. So that leaves at least a few hundred plus whatever is in the vendor areas. Plenty of vids too.

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Banks, Banks, Banks. Where be da banks?

90% the same as last year would be my guess

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would imagine more game-duration testing has occurred over the past year... also there are likely many, many configurations where you get equal duration banks... not just the one configuration from last year.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

They have to add some, so that will at least be new, even if they don't shuffle. But I don't get the hype for getting the bank list. You only get to play 10 of them, and you have no idea which they'll be.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They have to add some, so that will at least be new, even if they don't shuffle. But I don't get the hype for getting the bank list. You only get to play 10 of them, and you have no idea which they'll be.

It’s just awesome to see them all and pick favorites with friends. Gets the hype train rolling. I will have a car full of people coming from cincy and I bet we talk about banks most of the way.

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s just awesome to see them all and pick favorites with friends. Gets the hype train rolling. I will have a car full of people coming from cincy and I bet we talk about banks most of the way.

Not to mention watching Bowden get his ass kicked by more games in one day than any person alive!! I wonder if they have something similar planned for this year by someone different? I nominate Chuckwurt!!

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Not to mention watching Bowden get his ass kicked by more games in one day than any person alive!! I wonder if they have something similar planned for this year by someone different? I nominate Chuckwurt!!

Just give me a time and a place and I’ll be there!

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Exactly! We all (mostly) travel a long way and it's great to talk about. Man, if I could only get THAT bank(which you never will). And, Look at that shitty bank, man I hope I don't get that one(it will be your first bank on Thursday morning) LOL.

Or the bank that has your favorite game of all time, paired with 3 stinkers!

Or what games are paired with the very latest Sterns like BKSOR or Deadpool.

Sure, you only get to play 40 games and you're lucky if you really like even half of those. But don't worry, your buddies will get ALL the games you wanted to play!

#348 4 years ago

Honestly as long as I don’t get motor show or blackwater 100, I’m good. Haha.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly as long as I don’t get motor show or blackwater 100, I’m good. Haha.

You know you're getting them both now right? The pin gods are listening.

#350 4 years ago

Is anyone is coming to
    The show and wants to sell one of the following I’ll be there Saturday

Space station, earthshaker, transporter, diner, t3, bad cats, any other system 11

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/7?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.