8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,079 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by kguenther6
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

There are 1079 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.
    #251 7 months ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Saying that it went to 200 is a political-spin type way of looking at it. Sure, the player that started at about 200 got into the tournament, but the waitlist didn't actually "move" that far. It moved about 60. Anything after that is a big gamble, and I'd expect even more low-number players to take the risk and show up this year so it won't be as good of a bet if you're high on the list again.

Last year we did let in more than 60 people off of the waitlist. I’m not sure how far down it went but we issued 100+ refunds.

#252 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gov:

What is the best email to use to contact somebody about getting my name fixed on the list? My player number is next to somebody else’s name. My ticket has my name and correct info on it tho.

Use the contact form on the webpage: https://replayfx.org/contact-us/

#253 7 months ago

Waitlist updated today, looks to be around 20 spots made available. I'm now in! Was #14 on list.

pasted_image (resized).png
    #254 7 months ago

if someone is already registered as a player and is still on the waiting list with the same name, does he have to register with the name he entered on the waiting list or can he change the name during registration or will the entry on the waiting list be deleted?

#255 7 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

if someone is already registered as a player and is still on the waiting list with the same name, does he have to register with the name he entered on the waiting list or can he change the name during registration or will the entry on the waiting list be deleted?

If you've already got a ticket to the tournament - and you ended up on the waiting list also; they'll either figure it out when they get to your name on the waitlist, or send you the invitation to buy a ticket and you can just decline it and let the next person in line take it.

#256 7 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

#257 7 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

not me, this was a question in general

#258 7 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

The name cannot be changed from the waitlist name. If you need the name removed, let me know.

#259 7 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Waitlist updated today, looks to be around 20 spots made available. I'm now in! Was #14 on list.

Glad to see you made it in, Todd!
    See you there!!!

#260 7 months ago

So, I feel the need to ask. After Andy Rosa won the Stern Pro Championship, how many players do you think will be wearing headlamps and fingerless gloves to Pinburgh this year?

#261 7 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

So, I feel the need to ask. After Andy Rosa won the Stern Pro Championship, how many players do you think will be wearing headlamps and fingerless gloves to Pinburgh this year?

Not a fan of headlamps. Imagine if all 1,000 players were wearing them. So obnoxious. I think IFPA should ban them actually. You are crating an advantage for yourself as a player that not all players have access to.

#262 7 months ago

Lighting at pinburgh is great. I doubt it will be an issue.

#263 7 months ago

If there is a hardware store in your state, you have access to headlamps.

#264 7 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

lots of folks wear gloves, nobody needs lights at pin burgh. its bright.

#265 7 months ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Beg to differ on that as some games are pretty dark in prior years. Of course they do the best they can with the circumstances they can control.

#266 7 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Not a fan of headlamps. Imagine if all 1,000 players were wearing them. So obnoxious. I think IFPA should ban them actually. You are crating an advantage for yourself as a player that not all players have access to.

Disagree. Some people have vision issues and allowing headlamps is a minimal accommodation for them. Now if their headlamp starts shining on another person's game or in their face that is a different issue, but simply banning them is a bad idea imho.

#267 7 months ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Pretty sure many people would've disagreed with you on the afternoon sessions in day 2 last year when they turned down the lights because people were complaining about the glare on some games.

Screenshot_20190310-125403_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190310-125426_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #268 7 months ago

Now personally I'd prefer low light over glare but my eyes are pretty good in low light.

#269 7 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Now that I know they're legal for IFPA play I'll probably put a headlamp in my cargo pocket at Pinburgh just in case. It really sucks when you get in a situation where it's hard to track the ball. Lighting at Pinburgh is generally good but you never know.... Where a headlamp would make a big difference is for one of our local tourney's which is held in a bowling alley concourse. About half way through the tourney they kill all the lights for moonlight bowling, and seeing the ball on games like WOZ is damn near impossible with no ambient light. A headlamp would be a game changer for situations like that.

#270 7 months ago
    Quoted from MattG:

Looks legit
    [quoted image]

Pinburgh spelled wrong
    Not legit!

#271 7 months ago

I'll be attending ReplayFX for the first time this year and need to start making travel arrangements. Can anyone tell me what time does everything open up to the general public on the first day? Does it start in the morning or later in the day? I searched through the ReplayFX site and schedule information is not yet posted.

#272 7 months ago
    Quoted from N101AA:

I'll be attending ReplayFX for the first time this year and need to start making travel arrangements. Can anyone tell me what time does everything open up to the general public on the first day? Does it start in the morning or later in the day? I searched through the ReplayFX site and schedule information is not yet posted.

The arcade hall opened at 9AM on Thursday last year. I would expect this year to be similar if not the same.

#273 7 months ago
    Quoted from N101AA:

You are going to want to arrive on Wednesday.

#274 7 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

You are going to want to arrive on Wednesday.

If you're competing in Pinburgh, yes - but if you're just going to the show as a show, there's no need to be there Wednesday. Or even Thursday really.

#275 7 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I don't understand why people are so uppity about headlamps.

If someone wearing a headlamp shines it in the eyes of an adjacent player, this can be dealt with on an individual basis the same way any other form of distracting another player would be.

We are all born with a different quality of eyesight and sensitivity to light, and it changes throughout our lives. Even height affects the angle of the playfield and glass, and thus how we see the lights and the ball. You wouldn't consider banning sunglasses, stools, crouching...

Yes, the potential for distracting other players is there, but deal with it if/when it happens. (There are tons of other potential distractions to other players: floor mats, yelling, wearing headphones that are too loud...) If people start getting DQ'd for shining the light in someone else's eyes, you can bet they'll start keeping their headlamp focused on the machine and turn the light off before walking away.

#276 7 months ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

I don't understand why people are so uppity about headlamps.
    If someone wearing a headlamp shines it in the eyes of an adjacent player, this can be dealt with on an individual basis the same way any other form of distracting another player would be.
    We are all born with a different quality of eyesight and sensitivity to light, and it changes throughout our lives. Even height affects the angle of the playfield and glass, and thus we see the lights and the ball. You wouldn't consider banning sunglasses, stools, crouching...
    Yes, the potential for distracting other players is there, but deal with it if/when it happens. (There are tons of other potential distractions to other players: floor mats, yelling, wearing headphones that are too loud...) If people start getting DQ'd for shining the light in someone else's eyes, you can bet they'll start keeping their headlamp focused on the machine and turn the light off before walking away.

Agreed, my big concern is someone playing next to one of these guys with them turned on, and they fail to turn it off as they walk away from the machine, temporarily blinding whoever is on the machine(s) next to them. I'll give Andy Rosa credit, while watching the stream Saturday when he was playing he made sure to turn it off/on at the appropriate time, however I can easily see it happening on a frustrating drain that one can forget about this easily while walking away frustrated. I would hope whatever TD or assistant TD nearby would immediately yellow card that player who fails to turn it off at the appropriate time.

#277 7 months ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Pretty sure many people would've disagreed with you on the afternoon sessions in day 2 last year when they turned down the lights because people were complaining about the glare on some games.[quoted image][quoted image]

I didn't find that to be a big issue but everyones eyes are different. I think the layout of the games along the line of the lights different to previous years caused this and I'd expect the replay folks to sort that out. I'd have preferred that they didn't change the lighting but for me it was ok either way.

Cheers,
    Neil.

#278 7 months ago

I asked Josh Sharpe about the headlamps. They are going to deal with it as Ryan said, with warnings, yellow, or red cards if they distract other players. I am ok with that.

#279 7 months ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I didn't find that to be a big issue but everyones eyes are different. I think the layout of the games along the line of the lights different to previous years caused this and I'd expect the replay folks to sort that out. I'd have preferred that they didn't change the lighting but for me it was ok either way.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

The one row was offset to make the 'large' aisle be the one leading to the bathrooms, which put a row directly under the lights. I wouldn't be surprised if the layout is changed this year because of complaints about the glare, and the more games bit to boot.

#280 7 months ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

however I can easily see it happening on a frustrating drain that one can forget about this easily while walking away frustrated

With great lighting comes great responsibility.

1 week later
    #281 7 months ago

Another update to the wait list last night. Looks like about 5 people moved off the list. I was 2nd on the list and got my ticket yesterday.

1 week later
    #282 6 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Hi, I am Albert from Germany, PLAYING WITH LAMP because I have problems with my eyes.
    It is not an advantage to use lights, but it is to compensate the disadvantage against people who have good eyes.
    I use a lamp which is fixed by suction cup near the lock bar. I offer it always to other players in my group. 90% don't want because they see well. 10% are mostly people age > 50 and player using glasses. So advantage against other players can not be real
    But there is one real issue that cause a problem. It may disturb other players. I have respect for that. my actual lamp is fixed near the lockbar and it is dimmable. I used it last year at Pinburgh and will also bring this year to Pinburgh.
    Last year at Pinburgh got positive feedback compared headlamps because it is stable, and position is just around 15 cm (around 6 inch)
    I am happy that in USA Lamps are principle tolerated as long there is no given yellow card instead telling those players to stop playing tournaments if they don't have problems with view.
    At position 1:34 you see me playing Star-Wars with lamp (Clip of tournament in my game room)

#283 6 months ago

That's a much better idea than a headlamp. But I'd have to see it in action to see if it's distracting to other players.

#284 6 months ago

when will the game list be revealed?

#285 6 months ago
    Quoted from MacroMegas:

You can rely on 90% of these from last year being on the floor for play. 2018 Game list.

https://pinburgh.com/2018/live/machines.html

#286 6 months ago
    Quoted from MacroMegas:

Official bank reveal will be sometime in June. There will be 384 games used in Pinburgh this year.

#287 6 months ago

will there be another update of the players and waiting list here soon? there are still duplicate names in the players list, just like in the waiting list.
    it would also be interesting if the 16 still open places were filled.
    sorry if i'm bothering you, but i'd just like to know if there's anything moving in the lists.

#288 6 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

will there be another update of the players and waiting list here soon? there are still duplicate names in the players list, just like in the waiting list.
    sorry if i'm bothering you, but i'd just like to know if there's anything moving in the lists.

The 16 open places are the tickets that were held aside to be used as fund raiser prizes.

#289 6 months ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Official bank reveal will be sometime in June. There will be 384 games used in Pinburgh this year.

Is this a huge increase in number of games? awesome if so!

How many groups on a bank at a time?

1000 people

384 game/4 = 96 banks of games

That means 10.4 people per bank in each round? so some banks would have 2 groups and some would have 3?

#290 6 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1000 people
    That means 10.4 people per bank in each round? so some banks would have 2 groups and some would have 3?

3 Groups per bank + backup banks.

Last year was 72 banks + 10 backup banks for 328 (https://pinburgh.com/2018/live/machines.html). With 1000 players and (mostly) 3 groups per bank, they'd need 84 active banks. So, 84 banks + 12 backup banks?

#291 6 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1000 people

3 groups on a bang is the norm

#292 6 months ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

3 Groups per bank + backup banks.
    Last year was 72 banks + 10 backup banks for 328 (https://pinburgh.com/2018/live/machines.html). With 1000 players and (mostly) 3 groups per bank, they'd need 84 active banks. So, 84 banks + 12 backup banks?

cool and thanks for explaining.

excited for MORE games!!!!

It is an amazing feat to even put this all together! thanks replayfx people!

#293 6 months ago

Last year it was unbelevable for me that there was not even one "pinball-part seller" at the show. There were many stands selling arcade and different game stuff, of course also stands by selling pinball machines. Will there be a "pinball part seller" this year?

#295 6 months ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

The waitlist is updated about once per week.

#296 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

Last year it was unbelevable for me that there was not even one "pinball-part seller" at the show. There were many stands selling arcade and different game stuff, of course also stands by selling pinball machines. Will there be a "pinball part seller" this year?

Cointaker was there last year. I don't have anything to do with vendors, but I'll see what I can find out.

#297 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

There was one, plus cointaker.

#298 6 months ago

Borygard(sp) was there last year. Had a room in lobby area. No idea if going this year or not.

#299 6 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Borygard(sp) was there last year. Had a room in lobby area. No idea if going this year or not.

He was not set up there last year (he was at California Extreme). He has set up there before; just not last year.

2 weeks later
    #300 5 months ago

Wait list was updated Friday. Looks like 1 spot moved off the list?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 64.00
    € 105.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 1079 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside