Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
    #201 5 years ago

just email [email protected] and get to the bottom of it with the man himself.

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

This was what I wrote to them BEFORE that reply:
    "Hello again,
    So, as I wrote in my first email, my friends and I accidentally bought two tickets for the same person.
    Am I to understand that I am able to change the name on a Pinburgh ticket to someone else?
    As there are no refunds, and as a third person needs a ticket, I'm perfectly happy to do that."

You cannot change a Pinburgh entry to another person. Refunds are available, however not 100%

The refund policy is listed at the right side of this page: https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

This was what I wrote to them BEFORE that reply:
    "Hello again,
    So, as I wrote in my first email, my friends and I accidentally bought two tickets for the same person.
    Am I to understand that I am able to change the name on a Pinburgh ticket to someone else?
    As there are no refunds, and as a third person needs a ticket, I'm perfectly happy to do that."

Pinburgh has an offline list with your name and IFPA ID. When you pick up your wristband/lanyard, they check your name off that list, it doesn't actually matter what your ticket generated by showclix says.

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

my friends and I accidentally bought two tickets for the same person.

I imagine there were a lot of these shenanigans going on this year after last year's quick sellout. Hopefully people get burned on the 25% and just focus on buying a single ticket next year so the rest of us without magic fingers can purchase an entry. refreshed at noon_sold out_bitter.

#205 5 years ago

No need to be bitter. I refreshed at noon, sold out. I'm already in from the waiting list with a ticket in hand.

#206 5 years ago

Easier to pull off the group buying strategy if each person is trying for the same number of tickets. Stay in touch, only one person checks out for everyone. Don’t try the semi-overlap where one person is buying three, one of those guys is also trying just for himself, etc. Recipe for disaster.

#207 5 years ago

It wasn't my idea. Plus I don't feel like I was 'gaming' anything either.

There should be a way to drop individual reservations before going to checkout.

#208 5 years ago

First draft player & wait list are up.

https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1527540919747-eeb0a1a4-bee6

I say first draft just because they’ll get updated over time. Player list has several people with 2 spots.

#209 5 years ago

Part of the logjam does seem to be dozens of groups of 5 people all trying to log on and buy tickets for the same 5 people at once and then not really knowing what to do when they actually got In.

I think these mass group buy black ops teams need to try to streamline and polish their assault a little bit.

I was almost lured into a couple of these and just decided it would be easier to go it alone.

#210 5 years ago

I'm 308 on the wait list. That sucks.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Part of the logjam does seem to be dozens of groups of 5 people all trying to log on and buy tickets for the same 5 people at once and then not really knowing what to do when they actually got In.
    I think these mass group buy black ops teams need to try to streamline and polish their assault a little bit.
    I was almost lured into a couple of these and just decided it would be easier to go it alone.

Deleting a ticket or two when they are in the basket, would sure make things easier. Not possible to do that this year.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

I'm 308 on the wait list. That sucks.

Yikes. Always next year I guess.

#213 5 years ago

Shoot! Check out #503 on the wait list. Even the heavy hitters couldn’t get a ticket.

rd

C1BD8769-EE1E-4062-B495-8D35651EFC72 (resized).pngC1BD8769-EE1E-4062-B495-8D35651EFC72 (resized).png
    #214 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

I imagine there were a lot of these shenanigans going on this year after last year's quick sellout. Hopefully people get burned on the 25% and just focus on buying a single ticket next year so the rest of us without magic fingers can purchase an entry. refreshed at noon_sold out_bitter.

If you bought more than one ticket in your name, the refund policy would apply.

Once again this year, more single tickets were purchased than any multiple.

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Deleting a ticket or two when they are in the basket, would sure make things easier. Not possible to do that this year.

Nope. If you take 5 tickets off the availability list, then you're buying 5 tickets.

#216 5 years ago

Another thing people don't realize is when they organize these super secret conspiracy cabals to have 8 people all try to buy 5 tickets and then have no idea what to actually do or who to buy tickets for when they actually get 5 tickets in their basket is that you are basically competing against yourselves to get tickets in the first place. I'm not sure it actually works out in your favor mathematically.

Just buy your own tickets folks. If you strike out you can get on the wait list ASAP rather than calling 8 people and trying to figure out what to do at 12:02.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another thing people don't realize is when they organize these super secret conspiracy cabals to have 8 people all try to buy 5 tickets and then have no idea what to actually do or who to buy tickets for when they actually get 5 tickets in their basket is that you are basically competing against yourselves to get tickets in the first place. I'm not sure it actually works out in your favor mathematically.
    Just buy your own tickets folks. If you strike out you can get on the wait list ASAP rather than calling 8 people and trying to figure out what to do at 12:02.

We had 3 people all on the phone, all trying to buy 4 tickets. We already had our IFPA numbers ready to go. If any one of us had gotten through it would've been easy to figure out. 15 minutes is plenty of time to decide who would do the purchase. Trouble is, none of us got through. But 3 of us got on the waitlist immediately and those 3 already now have tickets.

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

But 3 of us got on the waitlist immediately and those 3 already now have tickets.

Well, that's a boom!

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The disorganization definitely hurt some people. I know of at least one group who had tickets in cart and were scrambling to get everyone together and ended up timing out and nobody got tickets. Doh!!

#220 5 years ago

Edit again: @misterchu pointed out that Replay Foundation reserved 20 tickets for fund raisers to apply to purchase as prizes, so the number left to go is less than I originally said.

I was curious, so I pasted the player list into a spreadsheet to get a count. It's only 980 so far, even with the duplicates that are included. So there's still nearly 30 (edit, more like 40!) more people to go before it's even "full".

Edit: Dupe huting - yow, that's a bunch
    - Brian Trenholm (2)
    - Christian Line (2)
    - Connor Stowe (2)
    - Dave Weaver (2 - one with Christopher Morgan's IFPA number)
    - Ian Seidler (2)
    - Jeff Rivera (2 - one with Brandon Pennington's IFPA number)
    - Jerry Musser (2 - one with Nick Lane's IFPA number)
    - Joakim Sundberg (2 - one with Peter Franck's IFPA number)
    - Josh Sharpe (2)
    - Juana Summers (2)
    - Justin Ausmeier (2)
    - Keri Wing (2 - One with Tate Fischer's IFPA number)
    - Mark Seidler (2)
    - Micaela Wolf (3!)
    - Neil McRae (2)
    - Rachel Karlic (2 - one with Ian Tuggle's IFPA number)
    - Rick Prince (2)
    - Sarah Line (2)
    - Seth Clayter (2 -one with '123456' for IFPA number)
    - Todd MacCulloch (2)

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I was curious, so I pasted the player list into a spreadsheet to get a count. It's only 980 so far, even with the duplicates that are included. So there's still nearly 30 (edit, more like 40!) more people to go before it's even "full".
    Edit: Dupe huting - yow, that's a bunch
    - Brian Trenholm (2)
    - Christian Line (2)
    - Connor Stowe (2)
    - Dave Weaver (2 - one with 53489 for IFPA number)
    - Ian Seidler (2)
    - Jeff Rivera (2 - one with Brandon Pennington's IFPA number)
    - Jerry Musser (2 - one with Nick Lane's IFPA number)
    - Joakim Sundberg (2 - one with Peter Franck's IFPA number)
    - Josh Sharpe (2)
    - Juana Summers (2)
    - Justin Ausmeier (2)
    - Keri Wing (2 - One with Tate Fischer's IFPA number)
    - Ian Seidler (2)
    - Mark Seidler (2)
    - Micaela Wolf (3!)
    - Rachel Karlic (2 - one with 51982 for IFPA number)
    - Rick Prince (2)
    - Sarah Line (2)
    - Seth Clayter (2 -one with '123456' for IFPA number)
    - Todd MacCulloch (2)

We have a major problem here. No way that BOTH of the Josh Sharpes can get 2nd place!!

And as for the extra 20 (over 980) I believe this was addressed with the deadline being March 15th for people to submit charity events to buy and giveaway tickets (or something along those lines).

#222 5 years ago

Yep, there are still a bunch of duplicates in both lists......and the ones in the confirmed player lists will be out some money for registering twice!

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

- Todd MacCulloch (2)

To be fair, Todd is a big guy and probably needs two spots.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair, Todd is a big guy and probably needs two spots.

Got burned on the waitlist check in last year. Maybe he's just hedging his bets.

#225 5 years ago

Too bad Boner Stabone got waitlisted. Shoulda done a group buy with the Seavers.

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, it only goes against you if your group was not synchronized... so they got tickets, but didn't know what to do with them, or coordinate with their peers so that only one transaction would be done.

It still very much was in your favor mathematically to try to get tickets in the basket since it was more about getting in the very small time window. The more 'buyers' you had, the more opportunities to fit in the gap.

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

It's only 980 so far, even with the duplicates that are included.

Only 980 tickets were sold on Saturday. PAPA has stated that 20 tickets (10 pairs) had been pulled from general sale to be provided as fundraiser or event prizes. see this link https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1550622879300-30944ca9-2c02

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

No, it only goes against you if your group was not synchronized... so they got tickets, but didn't know what to do with them, or coordinate with their peers so that only one transaction would be done.
    It still very much was in your favor mathematically to try to get tickets in the basket since it was more about getting in the very small time window. The more 'buyers' you had, the more opportunities to fit in the gap.

But aren't you now competing with more "buyers" in the first place, since there are 10 of you all trying to log on and buy tickets?

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But aren't you now competing with more "buyers" in the first place, since there are 10 of you all trying to log on and buy tickets?

It’s a math problem Levi... Yes, you’ve increased the denominator... but you’ve also increased the numerator and the net result is in your favor.

#230 5 years ago

I hate math!!

But I'll take your word for it.

All I know is I spend the week before Replay tickets drop politely declining offers to get involved in ticket buying syndicates and it always seems to work out for me.

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Only 980 tickets were sold on Saturday. PAPA has stated that 20 tickets (10 pairs) had been pulled from general sale to be provided as fundraiser or event prizes. see this link https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1550622879300-30944ca9-2c02

Ah, right. I forgot about that. Still a decent chunk in the duplicates though.

#232 5 years ago

Any guesses as to how deep down onto the waitlist we will go?

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Any guesses as to how deep down onto the waitlist we will go?

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate math!!
    But I'll take your word for it.
    All I know is I spend the week before Replay tickets drop politely declining offers to get involved in ticket buying syndicates and it always seems to work out for me.

We had a group of like 10 of us that got tickets. We all just made sure everyone was clear on what to do and when. Then it was every man for himself. We all got tickets.

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A zero on a game that I own!

EVERY. EFFING. TIME. (Seriously played 4 games I owned last year - combined score of a 2)

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Last update I have was 972 players and we are awaiting some responses from folks on the waitlist to continue to fill up. There are over 500 names currently on the waitlist. Mark should have a list posted in a few days.

Hey Doug, any idea how often the waitlist will likely be updated? I decided to try and track it's progress to see how the graph changes over time. (I'll still press F5 every day... I'm just curious. ) Thanks again to all the team for all your hard work, even though I'm in the low one hundreds of the list, I'm still excited to see how it all pans out.

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from Apostle:

Hey Doug, any idea how often the waitlist will likely be updated? I decided to try and track it's progress to see how the graph changes over time. (I'll still press F5 every day... I'm just curious. ) Thanks again to all the team for all your hard work, even though I'm in the low one hundreds of the list, I'm still excited to see how it all pans out.

If previous years are an indicator, 'rather infrequently' is how often you can expect. They tend to update it in batches, rather than every time one person moves. I get the impression that the waitlist/player list aren't hooked into any kind of a management system and are updated manually.

#238 5 years ago

It would be interesting to know how many have moved up from the waiting list in the last few years.

#239 5 years ago

Guilty as charged! Your hornours! (Sic)

We had three of us buying for each other - we all got tickets but one of our gang we couldn’t communicate with one of them and as per defcon 1 rules if you lose comms you fire your nukes - my ticket has been refunded so someone on the list will get it soon. The other one cancelled as Is nailed it!

12 of us coming from the UK! looking forward to seeing you guys!

Neil

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

It would be interesting to know how many have moved up from the waiting list in the last few years.

Last year the list didn't move as much because there was less time (like this year) between purchase and the show. When they were still selling tickets in the previous November it would turn over more. I know at least one person that was in the 30s that was officially in and done before the show, but I don't know exactly how far it went. Then day-of the tournament, because of last minute cancels and no-shows I think around 40 people off the waitlist who showed up with hope were added to the roster.

#241 5 years ago

Waitlist moved at least 200 spots last year.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Waitlist moved at least 200 spots last year.

That can't be accurate. People up to 140 got in 'day of' because there were a lot of people not there; but I can't believe that the person in spot #200 on the day of ticket buying had a ticket in hand by showtime.

Edit: Digging for anecdotal evidence from emails from last year - Neo was at 81 on the waitlist last year when it went up, as of July 17th he was at 21 and he ended up ticket in hand before the show, but not much before the show.

Edit 2: Actually - I'm not sure I'm remembering right. I think he might have gotten in day of off the "I'm here!" list.

Edit 3: Ok, I actually asked Neo - he was still on the waitlislt on the morning of. So, it moved less than 100 spots BEFORE the event. It went pretty deep on the morning of, but that's just because most people don't take the gamble of making the trip.

#243 5 years ago

epthegeek I think the question is how far up from the day the waitlist was posted. There's also the consideration of whether player Waitlist 100 passed on his pinburgh ticket when he finally wouldve made if off the list.

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

epthegeek I think the question is how far up from the day the waitlist was posted. There's also the consideration of whether player Waitlist 100 passed on his pinburgh ticket when he finally wouldve made if off the list.

The only solid fact I have is that Neo went from 81 on the first day, to 21 by a few weeks before the show. Still was on the waitlist before the show started, so it only moved about 60 spots by that indicator.

There were another 40-or-so added on the morning of, and due to people not taking the risk that 40 went pretty deep in to the list, but you can't really count that last position number that got in as 'how far the list moved'.

#245 5 years ago

I was #215 last year on the waitlist and ended up 1-5 away from getting to play on game day. So my 200 estimate was pretty darn good.

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I was #215 last year on the waitlist and ended up 1-5 away from getting to play on game day. So my 200 estimate was pretty darn good.

Saying that it went to 200 is a political-spin type way of looking at it. Sure, the player that started at about 200 got into the tournament, but the waitlist didn't actually "move" that far. It moved about 60. Anything after that is a big gamble, and I'd expect even more low-number players to take the risk and show up this year so it won't be as good of a bet if you're high on the list again.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Yeah, but not because 200+ people got in... but rather the representation of people waiting to get in on day of from those higher spots on the list was so poor.

Obviously the farterh down the list.. the more gaps in representation there will be.

The most significant number is how many people got in prior to the event.. and how many got in on day of.

The one trend we see is... higher demand, shorter window = less people passing.

Given the waitlist is bigger than ever.. AFTER expanding the field again.. I'd wager we see even less people passing.

#248 5 years ago

So I was #78 on the waitlist last year when it started I believe, (going off memory here...), and by the day of the tournament I was still not in, but like 5-10 away. (I think that it was about 25-30 people that got in day of due to no shows.) There were probably around 10 or so people between 1 and 78 last year that were clearly player dups. So I would estimate that the list moved about 60 slots in terms of “real people” last year prior to the day of. Hope that helps....

#249 5 years ago

Last year I was around 420-440 on the waitlist. The last published waitlist on the PAPA site shows me at 384.

#250 5 years ago

What is the best email to use to contact somebody about getting my name fixed on the list? My player number is next to somebody else’s name. My ticket has my name and correct info on it tho.

*edit*. Never mind. It is fixed already.

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.