Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 22.
    #101 5 years ago

I’ll be there as part of the British Invasion, 11 of us known to be going so far

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I will be playing in my first Pinburgh.

Ditto, looking forward to it!

#103 5 years ago

I missed the noon time due to my sons basketball game. I got on the wait list around 1224 pm. I'm probably way down the list. That sucks. Hopefully I get in.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from AndyJr:

Really interesting, I got on the waitlist 18:04 (german time which is 12:04 ) but no email until now

Not really interesting. I said "by 12:05". I checked and both our actual times were 12:03.

#105 5 years ago

I purchased tickets 1.5 hours after it sold out. I wasn't on the waiting list.

I tried to buy them via my phone at noon. The site loaded, I hit "buy" but it was sold out. I tried to find the waiting list real quick but gave up. I was also running the Vermont State High School Bowling Finals at the same time... so I kind of focused my attention on that.

After the tournament was over, I got my phone back out to see if I could find the waiting list. I hit the back button a few times to get back to the tickets page and a large red warning popped up that said "You have 15 minutes to complete this purchase".

WTF?

So I hit the next button and there it is. PINBURGH TICKETS! I filled it out and paid in full, and now I'm in.

I couldn't believe it. I have no idea what happened. But I got tickets at 1:30 PM, 1.5 hours after they supposedly sold out.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I tried to buy them via my phone at noon. The site loaded, I hit "buy" but it was sold out. I tried to find the waiting list real quick but gave up. I was also running the Vermont State High School Bowling Finals at the same time... so I kind of focused my attention on that.
    After the tournament was over, I got my phone back out to see if I could find the waiting list. I hit the back button a few times to get back to the tickets page and a large red warning popped up that said "You have 15 minutes to complete this purchase".
    WTF?
    So I hit the next button and there it is. PINBURGH TICKETS! I filled it out and paid in full, and now I'm in.
    I couldn't believe it. I have no idea what happened. But I got tickets at 1:30 PM, 1.5 hours after they supposedly sold out.

Hold on to your shorts. Sounds like a glitch and they may get cancelled on you.

#107 5 years ago

WTF?

Wow! That’s very strange... How does this work?

#108 5 years ago

WTF?

Now that is interesting....

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I got a receipt. My card was charged, I can see it on my account. I have one of those QR code things to scan when I get there.

Everything seems legit.

When would I find out if it was a mitake? I already booked a place to stay based on this going through.

#110 5 years ago

What was the charge total?

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

What was the charge total?

If this is directed towards me, I paid $270.50, two tickets. One for me and the other for my wife.

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 3.09.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-23 at 3.09.27 PM (resized).png
    #112 5 years ago

Seems legit

Even though it’s s glitch since you paid and got confirmation it should be honored imo

#113 5 years ago

Maybe there’s. A glitch in the waitlist system. Possibly tickets that got offered to someone on the list who didn’t need them ,they declined, and they ended back up in the public queue?

Just speculation.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Why you always gotta be such a sour puss?

His tickets arent gonna get cancelled.

#115 5 years ago

I was on wait list at 12:04:21 Eastern time. No email here yet.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Waitlist is already moving.

chuckwurt ... where are you viewing the waitlist? Or is this from talking with waitlisters who are getting through?

#117 5 years ago

Anywhere to see how long list is aNd your place?

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

chuckwurt ... where are you viewing the waitlist? Or is this from talking with waitlisters who are getting through?

Not sure. My friend got on the waitlist at like 12:01. Then she got an email saying she was up to purchase a couple hours later.

They usually don’t post the waitlist until the dust settles. Maybe a day or two. But the list is moving regardless.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure. My friend got on the waitlist at like 12:01. Then she got an email saying she was up to purchase a couple hours later.

Thanks Erik... our group got in. But I had some friends who didn’t get in and was hoping to view the waitlist. But expect it’ll be a while til it settles down and they put it up online.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

They usually don’t post the waitlist until the dust settles.

I think the showclix system is managing the waitlist for now, at least until the tickets are all sold the first time. Since the apply for tickets was right on the site and freed tickets aren’t (supposed) to be released to the general pool.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why you always gotta be such a sour puss?
    His tickets arent gonna get cancelled.

Not being a sour puss. Trying to let the guy know that he should check it out and make sure they are legit before making any solid plans

#122 5 years ago

I was able to get a ticket on my phone and my tablet right at 12. I completed my ticket on my phone and then checked with my buddies to see who didn't get a ticket and then completed the ticket on my tablet.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

All those devices connected may have been the problem in slowing things down. I actually went around the house and made sure nothing was connected to the wifi except my one laptop.

You may be right but the strategy worked. 2 devices got on and scored 3 tickets.

#124 5 years ago

But I got tickets at 1:30 PM, 1.5 hours after they supposedly sold

"A" division exploit, nicely played.
    I see at least some people trying this next year, lol
    VIP here, my Colorado people were on it!

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I wasn't able to enter my ifpa number because the site was down (I know, I know, I should know it by heart, lol). Is there anything I can do in a few days after everything settles down to get it corrected?

email [email protected] and she can update for you.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anywhere to see how long list is aNd your place?

It will be posted on the site once we get through the initial invites and it slows down.

The waitlist is a manual process, so updating it every time an invite is accepted is a bit of a pain.

#127 5 years ago

I got a receipt. My card was charged, I can see it on my account. I have one of those QR code things to scan when I get there.
    Everything seems legit.
    When would I find out if it was a mitake? I already booked a place to stay based on this going through.

you can email [email protected] to confirm

#128 5 years ago

I got in! My first Pinburgh!

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from yatch11:

I got in! My first Pinburgh!

I’ll look for you when I get there this should be a blast.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

It will be posted on the site once we get through the initial invites and it slows down.
    The waitlist is a manual process, so updating it every time an invite is accepted is a bit of a pain.

So that's how all the top people who missed out get in

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

So that's how all the top people who missed out get in

Even if this is meant as a joke, it’s in incredibly poor taste.

#132 5 years ago

Am I reading it correctly that players must purchase a tournament ticket and a general admission ticket?

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from MacroMegas:

Am I reading it correctly that players must purchase a tournament ticket and a general admission ticket?

Yes.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from MacroMegas:

Yes, if you got a Pinburgh ticket yesterday, you will still need to pay for daily admission to ReplayFX.

#135 5 years ago

Yes, however, you can purchase the replay fx admission when you arrive at replayfx for pinburgh.

#136 5 years ago

thanks

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Even if this is meant as a joke, it’s in incredibly poor taste.

It was a joke. Lighten up FFS.

#138 5 years ago

Is it pathetic that two days have passed and I'm still attempting to refresh. Has anyone from the waitlist personally received an email besides the original confirmation email.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

Is it pathetic that two days have passed and I'm still attempting to refresh. Has anyone from the waitlist personally received an email besides the original confirmation email.

Yes. I have had friends already move off the waitlist and get tickets.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. I have had friends already move off the waitlist and get tickets.

Yep. First batch of waitlist emails "its your turn, buy now" went out around 1:15pm Saturday. I imagine we could see some more emails shortly. @ninjadoug would know that info for sure.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

Is it pathetic that two days have passed and I'm still attempting to refresh.

Totally normal. I'm still refreshing hoping someone cancels out of the hotel block for the Drury, because I really liked staying there last year.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Totally normal. I'm still refreshing hoping someone cancels out of the hotel block for the Drury, because I really liked staying there last year.

Someone did and I snagged it at 6:15 this morning. I liked staying there, too.

#143 5 years ago

So for Pinburgh 2020, if the PAPA facility is up and running, ... could this be the last David L. Lawrence Pinburgh? Will Pinburgh split from replay and go home to roost? Is that even possible?

With 1,000 tickets selling out in a combined total of what, 5 seconds, demand is there. I wonder if this is maxed out and this is the way it'll be from now on, or if having the event bigger and bigger every year is desirable. I know we're limited to the number of machines, and potentially techs, but there are certainly things that could be done format wise, and duration wise, that would allow more players to compete. I wonder if we've hit the limit of more=better.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, I'm not super "up" on what's happening with the PAPA facility.

Mind blowing that this is the state we're in. Awesome.

#144 5 years ago

Only one answer: a full week of Pinburgh.

7_Days_in_Hell (resized).jpg7_Days_in_Hell (resized).jpg
    #145 5 years ago
    Quoted from plankalkul:

So for Pinburgh 2020, if the PAPA facility is up and running, ... could this be the last David L. Lawrence Pinburgh? Will Pinburgh split from replay and go home to roost? Is that even possible?
    With 1,000 tickets selling out in a combined total of what, 5 seconds, demand is there. I wonder if this is maxed out and this is the way it'll be from now on, or if having the event bigger and bigger every year is desirable. I know we're limited to the number of machines, and potentially techs, but there are certainly things that could be done format wise, and duration wise, that would allow more players to compete. I wonder if we've hit the limit of more=better.

I kinda doubt it. If anything, I believe this means that you’ll only see Pinburgh as part of the ReplayFX setup. I’m not sure what new facility they are getting either, but I find it hard to imagine that they will be getting one that can handle 1000+ people from the capacity or liability standpoint.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from plankalkul:

Very unlikely. In page 2 of this (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-21-is-it-happening/page/2) thread PAPA Doug mentions future championship events (PAPA 21), but their January 13th facebook post explicitly calls the new facility a "non-public location." I think there's zero chance Pinburgh will fit in anything smaller than a convention center at this point. Also, ReplayFX attendance would plummet if they pulled Pinburgh out of it.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from plankalkul:

With 1,000 tickets selling out in a combined total of what, 5 seconds, demand is there. I wonder if this is maxed out and this is the way it'll be from now on, or if having the event bigger and bigger every year is desirable

The convention center isn't the limiting factory for Pinburgh.. it's the aspect that actually enables such capacity. And splitting pinburgh out would be a huge blow to ReplayFX... which PAPA had ambitions for besides just hosting pinburgh.

The only way I see your situation happening is if they pull the plug on ReplayFX - and then have to decide how best to host pinburgh.

#148 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the $10.50 Service Fee is charged for every ticket in a group of 5 ($52.50) or just once for the entire transaction? It seems to me that it would only be charged once. I just want to make sure I'm paying my fair share. Thanks in advance!

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from RegionRat:

Does anyone know if the $10.50 Service Fee is charged for every ticket in a group of 5 ($52.50) or just once for the entire transaction? It seems to me that it would only be charged once. I just want to make sure I'm paying my fair share. Thanks in advance!

The service fee is $5.25 per ticket. I bought 1 ticket and that was my service fee

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

The service fee is $5.25 per ticket. I bought 1 ticket and that was my service fee

Thanks!!

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.