Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
    #1051 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Hopefully the results will be posted next week.

How's this week looking for the results?

#1052 4 years ago

any update on results?

I thought IFPA rule was 30 days to report?

#1053 4 years ago

No, 60 days. <https://www.ifpapinball.com/how-to-submit-tournaments/>

After the event is held, tournament directors have 60 days to upload the results of their tournament/league to the IFPA for review and inclusion into the WPPR Rankings system.

#1054 4 years ago

thanks for finding that.

well hopefully soon I guess.

I know it is a big thing with so man people, but I guess I assumed with them able to compile and click the button in minutes between each round that it would be similar for IFPA reporting.

#1055 4 years ago

So this is a yearly thing now? They have Pinburgh, and then you complain things are not fast enough?

2019:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I know it is a big thing with so man people, but I guess I assumed with them able to compile and click the button in minutes between each round that it would be similar for IFPA reporting.

2018:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont care how big the organization is at this stage, this is just silly.

2017:

Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, it is pretty bad to have any tournament not reported within 30 days.
    Just some feedback for them.

#1056 4 years ago

I am not surprised at all at how long it takes to post pinburgh results. I’m already used to it and I’ve only participated twice.

#1057 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So this is a yearly thing now? They have Pinburgh, and then you complain things are not fast enough?
    2019:

2018:

2017:

yeah, sometimes big events are able to adjust to the feedback

We all know that the majority of people would prefer to see the final placement, points, and results by now.

They make big improvements every year, the whole registration (with IFPA #), round selection, etc... appears to be a flick of the button and in the system they use. It is a very logical question to wonder why the largest event with the most automation takes more than other events big and small that are not so automated with a slick software.

You seem to really struggle with any sort of feedback or request for improvement???

Heck, you spent more time finding three years of quotes than it likely would have taken to submit final results to IFPA.

#1058 4 years ago

Final results have been submitted to IFPA for Pinburgh.

Quoted from Whysnow:

It is a very logical question to wonder why the largest event with the most automation takes more than other events big and small that are not so automated with a slick software.

With the 1k participants, people putting in the wrong IFPA number, spelling their own names wrong, leaving off modifiers (USA), the way the IFPA system handles ties, finals software having issues... there are a lot of reasons why an event of this size takes a longer than the average event.

I actually got so frustrated with the way the IFPA records ties I just fixed everything else and sent the results to Josh in a spreadsheet.

I appreciate everyone's patience. Believe me, I try to make improvements to this every year. This is also a pain point for me!

#1059 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

With the 1k participants, people putting in the wrong IFPA number, spelling their own names wrong, leaving off modifiers (USA), the way the IFPA system handles ties, finals software having issues... there are a lot of reasons why an event of this size takes a longer than the average event.
    I appreciate everyone's patience. Believe me, I try to make improvements to this every year. This is also a pain point for me!

No need to apologize, you guys do an amazing job. Considering most of these jobs are voluntary and done strictly out of passion speaks even more. Thanks again!

#1060 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I actually got so frustrated with the way the IFPA records ties I just fixed everything else and sent the results to Josh in a spreadsheet.

thanks VERY much and I appreciate your effort to make it better.

I agree that the root issue here is the IFPA side of reporting (esp the ties)

#1061 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree that the root issue here is the IFPA side of reporting (esp the ties)

The ties are totally on them

The rest is usually up to the people when they register, as well as the time I can allot to sorting it all out after the event (I have a real job that pays my bills).

#1062 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

SMH, people fat-fingering their IFPA IDs for registration to the largest flipper pinball tournament in the world.

I wonder how many fat-fingered registrations are due to the rush to buy tickets

#1063 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Appreciate all you do Doug. Thank you.

#1064 4 years ago

$$$ Received about 6 weeks. Great Job!

#1065 4 years ago

Looking to break into the growing and blossoming Colorado and California IN USA Cannabis industry?!?
    Look no further as CANNA FARMS is your ‘Stepping Stone’ into the industry! We provide Cannabis jobs on all levels including:

– Trimming
    – Budtending
    – Edible Packaging
    Download whatsapp and text +1 (408) 692-5715

#1066 4 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

$$$ Received about 6 weeks. Great Job!

You received money? I haven't seen anything yet. I filled out the i-Payout form right after Pinburgh.

#1067 4 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

You received money? I haven't seen anything yet. I filled out the i-Payout form right after Pinburgh.

Yes, C division.

#1068 4 years ago

I also got the notification yesterday that I had payout put into my eWallet (women’s finals).

#1069 4 years ago

I know of others that haven't been paid yet. I guess it takes a few days to get it done for everyone.

#1070 4 years ago

I just got notified my e-wallet account is ready. But no money in there. I assume it will take a while after the account is set up.

#1071 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I guess the point is if you install all of the machine with earplugs then you could change the rule to 30 seconds and probably have less issues in the long run with tilt rulings. It just a suggestion as we having been using for the past three years at our show and they work awesome.

Just pointing out the fact that not all games have tilt plumbs that will accept memory foam.
    ie; Most every Gottlieb

#1072 4 years ago

Pinburgh results have posted to IFPA

#1073 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Pinburgh results have posted to IFPA

Awesome. Hopefully the prize money will all be handed out soon.

#1074 4 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

20190929_084030 (resized).png20190929_084030 (resized).png
    #1075 4 years ago

Does anyone have the link to where you need to go to get the payout ? I lost the piece of paper that gave instructions on what to do. Got eliminated in the first round of C, but I was so excited to get there it didn’t even matter.

#1076 4 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

Does anyone have the link to where you need to go to get the payout ? I lost the piece of paper that gave instructions on what to do. Got eliminated in the first round of C, but I was so excited to get there it didn’t even matter.

https://replayfx.org/prizes/

#1077 4 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

I got my money a week ago.

#1078 4 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

If you've completed the ipayout information, your money was deposited on 9/19/19.

#1079 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

If you've completed the ipayout information, your money was deposited on 9/19/19.

I didn't get the email to set mine up until the 20th which is when I set it up. I saw on Tilt forums another payout will go out on Oct 4th. I assume I'll get paid then. Thanks for all you guys do! I know it's a lot of work.

1 month later
    #1080 4 years ago

Looks like Pinburgh 2020 is July 9-12

#1081 4 years ago

When do Pinburgh 2020 tickets go up for sale.

#1082 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

February

#1083 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I’m already doing exercises to refresh my web browser faster... F5... damn... F5... damn... F5... too late.

1 month later
    #1084 4 years ago

Pinburgh satellite tournaments announced today!

'https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#satellite'

#1085 4 years ago

To far away, hope they are well attended.

#1086 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Pinburgh satellite tournaments announced today!
    'https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/Satellite'

Is there a way to apply to become a future satellite location?

#1087 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a way to apply to become a future satellite location?

There may be, we have to see how it goes this year. Feedback has been very positive so far.

3 weeks later
    #1088 4 years ago
    Quoted from NIQ:

To everyone who asked me about the 3D printed glass corner protectors that all of us techs had at Pinburgh. Here’s the file to print your own: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3789489
    I’ve been using the same set for almost a year and they are still as grippy as the day I got them.[quoted image]

Anyone know what the licensing on these would be? I'd like to pay someone to print them out, but don't want to violate licensing. I PMed the OP, but they haven't been online in awhile.

#1089 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone know what the licensing on these would be? I'd like to pay someone to print them out, but don't want to violate licensing. I PMed the OP, but they haven't been online in awhile.

PM me your address and I'll send you a set.

#1090 4 years ago

The creator put them on thingaverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3789489

Free to produce for your own use!

#1091 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

The creator put them on thingaverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3789489
    Free to produce for your own use!

I don’t have a 3D printer. I checked and unless you’re doing it yourself it’s illegal to pay someone to print them for you.

#1093 4 years ago

I don’t have a 3D printer. I checked and unless you’re doing it yourself it’s illegal to pay someone to print them for you.

Found some on pinball life: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0155-00

5 months later
    #1094 3 years ago

I don't think the CIA or MI6 will be too worried

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/22?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.