Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.
    #651 4 years ago

They don't move the machines to the other area when they stop using the pins in the tournament. You just kind of have to see what is being played and when the tournament is over for the day. They should mark the ones still being used during the day temporarily somehow, and them open them up once they are freed up. I'm thinking more for Saturday afternoon/evening. There's some pretty cool games in the tournament that don't have a duplicate out in the free play / non-tournament area that would be fun to play - once they aren't needed in the tournament anymore for the day.

#652 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are on the complete opposite end of the show. Can’t miss them or accidentally try and play them.

Okay, thank you. Based on the response to my previous post I envisioned machines in the same area being used for the tournament. it seemed like they were separated from the website but that post had me worried. I appreciate the help.

#653 4 years ago

If you aren't there for the big pinball tournament, there are still tons of games to play. I go with a group each year that doesn't play in the big tournament and we have a blast, so no worries.

Downtown Pitt is also very cool. Plenty of great places to walk to and grab some food or a drink. It's a blast.

#654 4 years ago

Did someone say meatballs?

504EA5F6-2000-47B2-99D1-CEC213DD5C36 (resized).jpeg504EA5F6-2000-47B2-99D1-CEC213DD5C36 (resized).jpeg

#655 4 years ago

Leaving in a half hour when the cle caravan arrives at my house.

Can't wait to see all of ya.

#656 4 years ago

Pardon the crappy picture. I couldn’t get any closer. This is just one side of the banks.

AA37B530-F0B1-4BBB-A3A9-7E927A95337D (resized).jpegAA37B530-F0B1-4BBB-A3A9-7E927A95337D (resized).jpeg

#657 4 years ago

Does anyone know where / which channel this will be streaming live? paperback on YouTube? Twitch?

#658 4 years ago

Any meetups tonight? Came here solo so looking for a place to hangout tonight.

#659 4 years ago

What’s the best way to get in touch with the organizers? Flight out of Boston was canceled tonight and they couldn’t rebook me till 6am tomorrow.

#660 4 years ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

What’s the best way to get in touch with the organizers? Flight out of Boston was canceled tonight and they couldn’t rebook me till 6am tomorrow.

Ouch. That happened to a friend of mine last year, and he drove all night to get here. I hope you can make it.

#661 4 years ago

Stupid question, so if I show up at noon tomorrow, they'll be about 200 pins for freeplay, and arcade games, and consoles and such around, as well as the new Stern JP?

#662 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

Any meetups tonight? Came here solo so looking for a place to hangout tonight.

Eek. Probably too late, but Helicon Brewing woulda been good....

#663 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Stupid question, so if I show up at noon tomorrow, they'll be about 200 pins for freeplay, and arcade games, and consoles and such around, as well as the new Stern JP?

Correct. Plus other new Sterns would be my guess.

#664 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Let me put it this way... If I didn’t get a ticket to Pinburgh, I’d would have come down for the show anyway. Plenty of pinball, tons of video games. And Friday night, the pinball from Pinburgh starts opening for general play except the first two isles. If you’re here for the whole show and didn’t play enough pinball, you did something wrong. This show rocks.

#665 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Outside of Pinburgh there will be 200+ pins, 400+ full size arcades (pins not included), thousands of console games, hundreds of board games, music, lasers and more!

#666 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Outside of Pinburgh there will be 200+ pins, 400+ full size arcades (pins not included), thousands of console games, hundreds of board games, music, lasers and more!

Thanks to everyone that replied...!!!!

Sounds like a most excellent time!

And you won't kick me out till well after midnight tooooooooo!!

#667 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I came for pinburgh, but I’m staying for the lasers.

#668 4 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the results for each round?

#669 4 years ago
    Quoted from ita47:

Does anyone have a link to the results for each round?

Pinburgh.com

#670 4 years ago

Thanks!

#671 4 years ago

went the last two years, sad I couldnt make it this year. cant wait to see all the pictures!

#672 4 years ago

By the way, in case anyone wants the best chicago dog or italian beef in town, Yovi's is about a 10-15 minute walk away in Market Square. Really the best greasy grub downtown. Weinerworld is solid too, but Yovi's Italian Beef is my favorite sandwich in Pittsburgh, and he's a really swell old school Chicago kinda guy!

Yovi's Chicago Hot Dogs
    100 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
    (412) 628-4943
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/3cFp3B8RmTL7uyDK8

Screenshot_20190801-111611_Yelp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190801-111611_Yelp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190801-111618_Yelp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190801-111618_Yelp (resized).jpg
    #673 4 years ago

Not sure I understand the scoring. first round is almost over and for example one group

Raymond Davidson has 10-2 for his result
    Wayne Saegar 4-8
    Donna Wai 2-10
    Carmen Barone 8-4

What does that mean as far as standings go?

#674 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Not sure I understand the scoring. first round is almost over and for example one group
    Raymond Davidson has 10-2 for his result
    Wayne Saegar 4-8
    Donna Wai 2-10
    Carmen Barone 8-4
    What does that mean as far as standings go?

Scoring is very simple... It's how many people you beat and how many people you lost to in your individual match (This is match play - not playing against all other games). You and 3 other people are grouped together and play 4 games in a match. You score each game result based on how many people you beat, and how many beat you. Hence, a perfect score is beating all three other players on all four games means a perfect score is 3x4 = 12. So you are 12-0 (12 wins, 0 losses). You play 5 of these matchs a day.

Your standings are always based on your record... keeping it simple, your number of wins is what everyone follows. That's your 'points' loosely.

How ties and groupings work is far more complex... but the important thing to follow is.. how many wins someone has.

After day 1, the field is broken up into divisions.. you only play people in your division on day 2. After day 2, those who are above the line in their division make playoffs.. everyone else is done.

So everyone plays at least 2 days... playoff qualifiers play in day 3.

#675 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Scoring is very simple... It's how many people you beat and how many people you lost to in your individual match (This is match play - not playing against all other games). You and 3 other people are grouped together and play 4 games in a match. You score each game result based on how many people you beat, and how many beat you. Hence, a perfect score is beating all three other players on all four games means a perfect score is 3x4 = 12. So you are 12-0 (12 wins, 0 losses). You play 5 of these matchs a day.
    Your standings are always based on your record... keeping it simple, your number of wins is what everyone follows. That's your 'points' loosely.
    How ties and groupings work is far more complex... but the important thing to follow is.. how many wins someone has.
    After day 1, the field is broken up into divisions.. you only play people in your division on day 2. After day 2, those who are above the line in their division make playoffs.. everyone else is done.
    So everyone plays at least 2 days... playoff qualifiers play in day 3.

Thank you. So all four rounds today get combined into one score correctly. so someone could possibly be 60-0 at the end of the night?

#676 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I came for pinburgh, but I’m staying for the lasers.

So you have a thing for lasers?

Hmm....

Stop by the Pinball MIX tent (near the beer garden). One more cool laser for you to check out ...

Oh, and QUEEN, DIO, OZZY, BLACK SABBATH, among others ...

#677 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMIX:

So you have a thing for lasers?
    Hmm....
    Stop by the Pinball MIX tent (near the beer garden). One more cool laser for you to check out ...
    Oh, and QUEEN, DIO, OZZY, BLACK SABBATH, among others ...

I’ll do my best! Especially if there is fog.

#678 4 years ago

Thank you. So all four rounds today get combined into one score correctly. so someone could possibly be 60-0 at the end of the night?

yeah your score is accumulative throughout the event and you get reseeded each session.

if you change the website to 2018 you can see how it all plays out. they even graph your performance for ya

#679 4 years ago

Good luck everyone! Really bummed I couldn’t be there hanging out with some of my best friends, but it’s really cool following along watching everyone’s progress.

Can’t wait for next year!

#680 4 years ago

Possible.. but never happens in 2017, top qualifier on day one was 50-10

Remember as people play... they eventually settle into playing people more and more like their skill level. The meat of the pack is actually happy to even be at 50% winning

#681 4 years ago

Live Stream ?

#682 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll do my best! Especially if there is fog.

Ah crap, Forgot to bring the fog.

#683 4 years ago

Anyone know how many waitlist spots ended up being filled this morning? I was well into the 200+ range so I didn't bother showing up, but I know last year there were people 100+ spots back that were getting in day-of.

#684 4 years ago
    Quoted from cory_:

Anyone know how many waitlist spots ended up being filled this morning? I was well into the 200+ range so I didn't bother showing up, but I know last year there were people 100+ spots back that were getting in day-of.

#685 4 years ago

Wurt!! Where you at baby!! We’ll come say hello my friend!!!

#686 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

Wurt!! Where you at baby!! We’ll come say hello my friend!!!

Bank 59. DI by the bathrooms. Left of stage if you’re looking at it.

#687 4 years ago

Do they still offer reduce price if you only get there at 8pm or so? Checked website didn't see it. If I go it's prob only a night due to other commitments but it seems like that would be 30?

#688 4 years ago

I'm going Saturday only. Is it cheaper to park at the bus station than at the convention center?

#689 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ace24:

I'm going for Saturday only. Is it cheaper to park at the bus station than at the convention center?

On weekends, bus station.

Flat rate at convention center is $13, but should be $5/6 for Greyhound on weekends.

#690 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Possible.. but never happens in 2017, top qualifier on day one was 50-10
    Remember as people play... they eventually settle into playing people more and more like their skill level. The meat of the pack is actually happy to even be at 50% winning

One more quick question. For the people tonight now slotted into a
    A division the worst they can finish for ifpa points is 200th right?

#691 4 years ago

One more quick question. For the people tonight now slotted into a
    A division the worst they can finish for ifpa points is 200th right?

That’s correct. All play tomorrow is within your division. A: 1-200, B: 201-400, C: 401-600, D: (is for DaveH!) 601-800, E: 801-1000. You can’t get dumped out of the division... unless you DQ out of the tournament. I’m not sure what happens in that case, but I assume it’s a quick way to finishing 1000th. However from everything I’ve seen, everybody is very well behaved this year.

#692 4 years ago

Any live stream for Pinburgh ?

#693 4 years ago
    Quoted from flipbill:

Any live stream for Pinburgh ?

Tomorrow during quarters in A and beyond

#694 4 years ago

Thanks.

#695 4 years ago

Will the broadcast be on Twitch? Somewhere else?

Thanks.

#696 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Will the broadcast be on Twitch? Somewhere else?
    Thanks.

Papa tv live on YT and twitch

#697 4 years ago

YT? Sorry. Not familiar.

#698 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

YT? Sorry. Not familiar.

You Tube.

#699 4 years ago

Thanks. Last question. Where are results posted?

#700 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Thanks. Last question. Where are results posted?

Pinburgh.com

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/14?hl=baba_hafez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.