Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.
    #601 4 years ago

I’m not sure this has been posted yet, but there are four boxes from Stern labeld Jurassic park. I am a volunteer setting up for replay FX and pinburgh. I’ll let you know as soon as they open the boxes

#602 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I’m not sure this has been posted yet, but there are four boxes from Stern labeld Jurassic park. I am a volunteer setting up for replay FX and pinburgh. I’ll let you know as soon as they open the boxes

sweet!

#603 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

locals...
    BEST (safe) gluten free restaurant to eat at?

Not sure I even know what that means. I'll ask a friend that has diet issues. He will help you out.

#604 4 years ago

Thanks

Wife is a Celiac so needs a place that does not just "say" gluten free, but actually makes sure they serve gluten free.

In short, gluten slowly kills her so it is not just one of these healthy diet fads for her.

#605 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

confirmed as 1 Premium and 5 Pros already there!!!!

#606 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

BEST (safe) gluten free restaurant to eat at?

My wife has celiac’s, and our other friend has an intolerance, so we are always conscious of this.

Condado Tacos and Emporio were both excellent at labeling, and we’ve eaten there multiple times.

Burgatory (multiple locations, but one across the way by the stadiums) is also excellent at labeling what is safe, plus they do a gluten-free bun.

At Ten Penny (a few years ago now), their labeling wasn’t very good, and my friend indicated that he needed to avoid gluten. They literally put his meal on a bed of bread, so we haven’t been back there since.

My wife loves the FindMeGlutenFree app for traveling, so we recommend that as well if the above isn’t to your liking.

#607 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

confirmed as 1 Premium and 5 Pros already there!!!!

Can't wait to try these! It's good to take a break from tons of pinball in the tournament so that you can play some pinball (not in tournament).

#608 4 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

My wife has celiac’s, and our other friend has an intolerance, so we are always conscious of this.
    Condado Tacos and Emporio were both excellent at labeling, and we’ve eaten there multiple times.
    Burgatory (multiple locations, but one across the way by the stadiums) is also excellent at labeling what is safe, plus they do a gluten-free bun.
    At Ten Penny (a few years ago now), their labeling wasn’t very good, and my friend indicated that he needed to avoid gluten. They literally put his meal on a bed of bread, so we haven’t been back there since.
    My wife loves the FindMeGlutenFree app for traveling, so we recommend that as well if the above isn’t to your liking.

thanks VERY much!

I was hoping Condao was safe!

We use findmeglutnefree all the time, but always great hearing from a local in the know.

Curious is you/your wife have tried Lidia's or Gaucho?
    Both menus show good labeling on line but never sure

#609 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

https://replayfx.org/schedule/
    The pinburgh specific stuff is in there. You should have also received an email with more information about checking in and whatnot.
    Wednesday, July 31: Early Check-In
    1pm – 10pm at Harris Grill, 245 Fourth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA - Downtown. Have your ShowClix email receipt ready.
    Thursday, August 1, 2019:
    8am – 9am: Pinburgh Machine Testing
    8am – 9:30am: Pinburgh Player Check-in
    9:30am: Important Announcements
    10am: Round 1 of Pinburgh
    12:15pm: Round 2 of Pinburgh
    2:30pm: Round 3 of Pinburgh
    6:15pm: Round 4 of Pinburgh
    8:30pm: Round 5 of Pinburgh
    Friday, August 2, 2019:
    10am: Round 6 of Pinburgh
    12:15pm: Round 7 of Pinburgh
    2:30pm: Round 8 of Pinburgh
    6:00pm: Group Picture
    6:15pm: Round 9 of Pinburgh
    8:30pm: Round 10 of Pinburgh
    Saturday, August 3, 2019:
    9am – 9:25am: Check-in for Pinburgh Finals
    9:30am: Pinburgh Final Rounds Begin
    5pm: Pinburgh Div. A – Semifinal & Final Rounds

Thanks! This was the schedule I had found I think, is it known around what time the non-A finals wrap up, by chance?

#610 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Haven’t tried either, unfortunately.

Only Gaucho I am familiar with is this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/gaucho

#611 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Thanks! This was the schedule I had found I think, is it known around what time the non-A finals wrap up, by chance?

Non-a finals start at like 9:30am and just run till done. Usually late afternoon.

#612 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks VERY much!
    I was hoping Condao was safe!
    We use findmeglutnefree all the time, but always great hearing from a local in the know.
    Both menus show good labeling on line but never sure

Lidia’s is pretty good. During the week they have/had (been a couple years) an unlimited trio for lunch that I have had a few times for $16 or so.

#613 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

So what happens if I’m on stage in the finals with Elwin, we’ve been back and forth all day, and the last game for all the marbles is JP? Do I have to hope my alarm doesn’t go off to wake me up?

#614 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So what happens if I’m on stage in the finals with Elwin, we’ve been back and forth all day, and the last game for all the marbles is JP? Do I have to hope my alarm doesn’t go off to wake me up?

just take 2nd graciously LOL

#615 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So what happens if I’m on stage in the finals with Elwin, we’ve been back and forth all day, and the last game for all the marbles is JP?

Pray that he's only good at *his* JP. In NYC Champs last year, he had a 54m game of IMDN in the quarterfinals...so anything is possible.

Also, you don't have to worry, because it's the *first* game for all the marbles that would be on JP. The last game will be an early solid state. So start practicing for Cheetah or Stars or something.

#616 4 years ago

Whysnow Freshii might be worth looking into. Their website kind of sucks for me right now, so hard to tell the exact menu, but it looks like the kind of place that would have lots of gluten free stuff. I ate most breakfasts there last year and it's right around the corner from Omni.

Might be primarily (or entirely?) veggie, in case that's a plus or minus for anyone.

#617 4 years ago

last year we had great rate for parking at the event center. what will be price per day this year and how does it work if we leave it more than 1 day there?

#618 4 years ago

Of course anything can change, but on the Deadflip stream they said JP would not be in the tournament, but there would be 1 premium and 6 pro's to play at the Stern booth.

#619 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

last year we had great rate for parking at the event center. what will be price per day this year and how does it work if we leave it more than 1 day there?

I was looking into this yesterday, more so to see what the clearance is.
    Their site says it is $30/day.

#620 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I was looking into this yesterday, more so to see what the clearance is.
    Their site says it is $30/day.

What's the clearance height?

#621 4 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I don’t think there are any parts suppliers, but you can see the full vendor list in the ReplayFX app.

I am not a parts supplier, but I will have something pinball related for all of you to check out at ReplayFX.

Come check out the 5 different music mixes on Iron Maiden at the Pinball MIX tent.

- Iron Maiden B-Sides (including Paul Di'Anno)
    - Disco Maiden
    - Made In 80s Mix
    - Mystery Band/Artist #1
    - Mystery Band/Artist #2

There will be a rotating schedule for the mixes at the tent. Come back at different times over the 4 days of Replay to see the variety.

I'll be in Pinburgh, so if you finish a round early, hit the tent, and I should be there shortly (unless I get World Poker Tour in my Bank ...)

Mark
    PinballMIX.com

#622 4 years ago

Hello! I'm new to the pinball forums and just purchased my first pin. I have a question on ReplayFX. I've reviewed their website and the posts on this forum. However; I still want to confirm there is open pinball play before I spend $120 on the event. You can freely (with ticket) walk around and play the old machines, correct?

#623 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

What's the clearance height?

The website says 8ft.

Hopefully tall enough to fit my Chevy Express 3500 into. Finding a spot to park shouldnt be a problem since I'll be getting there so early.

I'm working W 12hrs , T 13hrs, F 14hrs, S 14hrs, S 11hrs.

#624 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Hello! I'm new to the pinball forums and just purchased my first pin. I have a question on ReplayFX. I've reviewed their website and the posts on this forum. However; I still want to confirm there is open pinball play before I spend $120 on the event. You can freely (with ticket) walk around and play the old machines, correct?

Yes. Every machine is set to freeplay.

#625 4 years ago

Perfect! I knew the answer but felt the need to confirm. LOL. Thank you!!!!

#626 4 years ago

but to clarify slightly...

the vast majority are in use for tournament play all day Thursday and Friday.

Most are available on Saturday (only a smaller subset are reserved for play in finals of each division)
    All are available on Sunday.

#627 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Most are available on Saturday (only a smaller subset are reserved for play in finals of each division)

I'd clarify this clarification slightly to say that the majority of games open up on Saturday evening. Even the A finals are usually by done by 9pm, and the show runs late, giving everybody at least a few hours run of the place.

#628 4 years ago

And remember all the other games that'll be there too.

#629 4 years ago

MAKE - SURE - YOU - GUYS - GET - THE - APP!

Google Play Store as ReplayFX Companion

#630 4 years ago

MAKE - SURE - YOU - GUYS - GET - THE - APP!
    Google Play Store as ReplayFX Companion

Why? So you'll have the schedule for when the costume contest is?

#631 4 years ago

Any idea on the Stream schedule? YouTube Live? Times?

#632 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Why? So you'll have the schedule for when the costume contest is?

Last year it had a map of the floor with locations of all the games.
    As well as the schedule.
    And the cosplay contest.

#633 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Good to know! Thanks.

#634 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This is disappointing and probably should be noted on the website somewhere. I booked a hotel and bought tickets for just the Thursday and Friday and wanted to play the free play games listed on the website.

There are over 400 pinball machines listed under the games section of the website and it says they will all be set to free play. A note about the vast majority being unavailable for free play Thursday and Friday would have been nice.

#635 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

This is disappointing and probably should be noted on the website somewhere. I booked a hotel and bought tickets for just the Thursday and Friday and wanted to play the free play games listed on the website.
    There are over 400 pinball machines listed under the games section of the website and it says they will all be set to free play. A note about the vast majority being unavailable for free play Thursday and Friday would have been nice.

The general free play area is still very large. Even with pinburgh running, there are more pins available to play than at many pinball shows -- and then there's all the arcade and console stuff too. It's not like there's 3 games available -- there's a ton.

Also - you'll have the best crack at the 7 JP machines at Stern's booth every time a pinburgh round starts; so there's that.

#636 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

Dood - you’ll be fine there are loads of free play games that aren’t in the comp.

Neil.

#637 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The general free play area is still very large. Even with pinburgh running, there are more pins available to play than at many pinball shows -- and then there's all the arcade and console stuff too. It's not like there's 3 games available -- there's a ton.
    Also - you'll have the best crack at the 7 JP machines at Stern's booth every time a pinburgh round starts; so there's that.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Dood - you’ll be fine there are loads of free play games that aren’t in the comp.
    Neil.

Great, thanks for confirming.

It was hearing the "vast majority" part that started getting me thinking it might not be the best plan on my part. I am looking to purchase a few more games for my game room and there are plenty on the list I wanted to try out.

I was also only 'mildly' disappointed as well as I am sure my wife and I will find plenty of things to do at ReplayFX and in Pittsburgh.

#638 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sleepy:

"vast majority"

maybe they have more free play this year?

Still lots, but a wild guess is last year there were 150-200ish in regular free play pinball
    400ish in Pinburgh

I am sure someone will correct me on specifics but the majority are used for tourney play.

still a blast and TONS to do

#639 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Still lots, but a wild guess is last year there were 150-200ish in regular free play pinball
    400ish in Pinburgh
    I am sure someone will correct me on specifics but the majority are used for tourney play.

There's gonna be 7 Stern JPs there. That's a pretty big attraction.

It's literally the only place in the world a civilian can play the game this weekend.

#640 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

400ish in Pinburgh

There will be over 600 pins at the show. 388 used in Pinburgh.

The vast majority free up Friday night after the last Pinburgh round.

#641 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

The vast majority free up Friday night after the last Pinburgh round.

This is actually the best time to play. Pinburgh competitors are exhausted and need to eat/sleep.

#642 4 years ago

Just to clarify, presenting the scan code for Pinburgh and ReplayFX entry on my phone is just as good as printing an actual sheet out, correct?

Just making sure with all the technological advances these past 30 or so years, I’ll be able to use the barcode from my phone, just like with the airlines, hotels, gas stations, etc...

#643 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Just to clarify, presenting the scan code for Pinburgh and ReplayFX entry on my phone is just as good as printing an actual sheet out, correct?
    Just making sure with all the technological advances these past 30 or so years, I’ll be able to use the barcode from my phone, just like with the airlines, hotels, gas stations, etc...

Yep. But save it as a screenshot just in case serivce is crappy when you need it.

#644 4 years ago

Already done, thank you!

#645 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's gonna be 7 Stern JPs there. That's a pretty big attraction.
    It's literally the only place in the world a civilian can play the game this weekend.

They are actually labeled JAWS but in handwriting. They are just sitting in crates in the middle of the convention center.

#646 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there will be a place to lock up bikes or lockers available to store belongings? I know we can bring a backpack, but I don't know if I want to lug it around all day. Curious how much stuff I should bring along or if I should just leave everything at the hotel.

Also, are collapsable chairs ok?

#647 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

Does anyone know if there will be a place to lock up bikes or lockers available to store belongings? I know we can bring a backpack, but I don't know if I want to lug it around all day. Curious how much stuff I should bring along or if I should just leave everything at the hotel.
    Also, are collapsable chairs ok?

Collapsible seating of some sort is a must, if you ask me, and definitely allowed. Most people bring smaller tripod stools,though, which fit better into the flow of people. I carry a small backpack, basically large enough to hold the stool folded up plus some food and a water bottle. I do not find it too hard to lug around, but I am also used to carting a purse around so YMMV.

No lockers that I have ever seen. I am guessing there are bike racks outside though although I have not paid attention to that.

Getting close now!

#648 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

400ish in Pinburgh

Are the machines clearly labeled as being in tournament play? I don't want to mess someone up.

#649 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Are the machines clearly labeled as being in tournament play? I don't want to mess someone up.

They are on the complete opposite end of the show. Can’t miss them or accidentally try and play them.

#650 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Here's a hint: If you have stumbled across a huge bank of pristine pinball machines and there are zero people or only a smattering of people playing them, it's probably the competition bank!

They are pretty well separated so shouldn't be an issue.

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/13?hl=pinballmix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.