Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.
    #502 4 years ago

I hope it's Levi's idea. The noise wouldn't be a problem at all.

#503 4 years ago

Stern Pinball dunking booth.

#504 4 years ago

Is it one of these?

3222175255_dca54fc0bd_o (resized).jpg3222175255_dca54fc0bd_o (resized).jpg
    #505 4 years ago

Ferris Wheel!

replayfx (resized).PNGreplayfx (resized).PNG
    #506 4 years ago

I'm more interested in the Biergarten.

#507 4 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

We stayed with a friend last year, which was kind of a pain so we're staying at the Westin this year. It says they have onsite parking for $22/day. What's the rate at the bus station? Also is the Westin parking the same deck as the convention center? Should I be worried about it being full? I'm arriving Thursday afternoon.

Westin parking is separate.
    Convention center uses 'event pricing' so pricing varied
    Bus Terminal parking - http://www.pittsburghparking.com/gstc $13/day

Can't recall anyone having capacity issues...

#508 4 years ago

Does anyone know who will sell pinball parts. I might preorder things which maybe vendor will not bring to Pinburgh.
    Somebody wrote here that there was vendors of parts last year. I did not see any. Only vendor of pinball machines.

#509 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Westin parking is separate.
    Convention center uses 'event pricing' so pricing varied
    Bus Terminal parking - http://www.pittsburghparking.com/gstc $13/day
    Can't recall anyone having capacity issues...

Thanks! Looks like I can save close to $40 at the bus station!

#511 4 years ago

Hello! I'm making a quick announcement in the Main ReplayFX thread that PinballSpinner has been updated with 2019 Bank Game Resource Links:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballspinner-pinburgh-2019-bank-links-sponsored-by-dead-flip#post-5110143

#512 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

Does anyone know who will sell pinball parts. I might preorder things which maybe vendor will not bring to Pinburgh.
    Somebody wrote here that there was vendors of parts last year. I did not see any. Only vendor of pinball machines.

Don't expect parts people - you're likely only going to luck out if the people you order from happen to be going themselves.

#513 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't expect parts people - you're likely only going to luck out if the people you order from happen to be going themselves.

it was written before, that it will have parts seller

#514 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

I just get them delivered to my hotel room.

Neil.

#515 4 years ago
    Quoted from loneranger:

Is it one of these?[quoted image]

You know, I'm surprised there isnt one of those floating around in the warehouse somewhere.

I know there was an afterburner, but that is a very sore subject and huge inside joke amongst all of the techs.

#516 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed prior, but I was looking over the schedule on the site and app, and didn't notice guest panels from manufacturers.

Does anyone know if that will occur like prior years?

#517 4 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

Thanks! Looks like I can save close to $40 at the bus station!

You can't beat the Greyhound station for parking. After getting a ticket find a cool spot and stay as long as you want. Take ticket to ground level and pay BEFORE exit!!!! Done this many years and I bring a bike to ride around, super quick (faster than driving anywhere in PITT). Many bike paths along the river to enjoy. Everyone should take advantage of the cities "bike friendly", buses with bike racks, tours, etc. If you do not bring a bike, go here: https://healthyridepgh.com/ We all need a little outdoor R&R after hours in the convention center. PM me if have any questions, I love to help.

#518 4 years ago

Don't forget about visiting the Cat Loft at Colony Cafe...if you're into that stuff.

https://www.colonycafepgh.com/

#519 4 years ago

Will the "next Stern game" (cough cough) be in a bank or just in the vendor area?

#520 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Will the "next Stern game" (cough cough) be in a bank or just in the vendor area?

Not sure if we will see it there. Stern hasn’t even officially released information about it

#521 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Not sure if we will see it there. Stern hasn’t even officially released information about it

Word on the street is that a distributor has confirmed it will be there. Probably in the vendor area, but worth checking. I know two years ago a newly announced Star Wars made it into one of the banks.

#522 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Word on the street is that a distributor has confirmed it will be there. Probably in the vendor area, but worth checking. I know two years ago a newly announced Star Wars made it into one of the banks.

Sweet. That is awesome.

#523 4 years ago

who's got juicy deets on the VIP lounge?

#524 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Mark. Maybe Fred & John.

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

What do you want to know?

#526 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I can confirm Jurassic Park is currently not in a Pinburgh bank.

#527 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

What do you want to know?

I'm guessing "anything about it" would suffice - has there been any information about what it is or what it entails released other than 'it will exist' ?

#528 4 years ago

Oh man, is this logo from the bottom of the "What you need to know" email this year's shirt?

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 4.40.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-24 at 4.40.07 PM (resized).png
    #529 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm guessing "anything about it" would suffice - has there been any information about what it is or what it entails released other than 'it will exist' ?

The lounge itself will have seating/room for all the VIPs. It is located near the Pinburgh desk. It does not have a ferris wheel.

#530 4 years ago

Hello,
    Anyone from Philly area going to Pinburgh. Wxforecaster looking to buy my DP. $100 and I'll bring the game to you and help load into your car. Obviously Evan will help you unload. PM me if interested.

Thanks

#531 4 years ago

Anyone have a Flintstones or Ripleys available (for sale or trade) that can bring to the show, Ive got access to a van on the loading dock to keep it in

Ive got room to bring a machine if someone wants one of mine to, Ive got Houdini, Pinball Magic, B/W AFM, WrestleMania, No Fear, WCS, Got Premium, . I also have a few NIB machines, AFMr, MET Pro, Rob Zombie

#532 4 years ago

How will Pinburgh check in work with multiple people on a Showclix ticket? Do they each scan the QR code? It looks like there's only one for everyone. I saw earlier that you can't check other people in but I wasn't sure how that would work with the single QR code.

#533 4 years ago

Is there a list of vendors that will be there in the marketplace?

#534 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

Is there a list of vendors that will be there in the marketplace?

The ReplayFX app has a list. I don't believe it has made it over to the website.

#535 4 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

How will Pinburgh check in work with multiple people on a Showclix ticket? Do they each scan the QR code? It looks like there's only one for everyone. I saw earlier that you can't check other people in but I wasn't sure how that would work with the single QR code.

People are allowed to pickup tickets for themselves and for people they have personally purchased tickets for.

#536 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Most of the information from the video is available in the Pinburgh rules or on the ReplayFX website.

The yearly Pinburgh newsletter went out today. If you didn't get it, you can see it here: https://mailchi.mp/5a9a93769759/pinburgh-2019-what-you-need-to-know

#537 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

The yearly Pinburgh newsletter went out today. If you didn't get it, you can see it here: https://mailchi.mp/5a9a93769759/pinburgh-2019-what-you-need-to-know

Will there be any speaker panels? I hadn't seen any listed on the site or app.

#538 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Seminars are gone because they were mostly sparsely attended. Bouncy houses gone beacuse the floor space was needed for Pinburgh expansion / other things you'll see when you get here.

#539 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Seminars are gone because they were mostly sparsely attended. Bouncy houses gone beacuse the floor space was needed for Pinburgh expansion / other things you'll see when you get here.

The Gary Stern one my friend and I attended last year, had nearly every seat filled.

The Brian Colin one also had a pretty decent amount of folks, even though both of these were in open areas where volume and outside distractions were major issues for enjoyment.

This really stinks.

I'm not a competitive player, I have many of the retro games and systems in the arcade area, and sadly being around so many incredible games has me more walking around them than playing them. As a highly attuned introvert, it's just way too much stimulation to take things in properly.

That's why I enjoy and love so much, guest panels. My friend and I drove to Midwest Gaming Show for the first time this year, solely to take in panels and meet panelists just for one evening.

I do hope you reconsider for next year, as otherwise it's a phenomenal event, but even as a diehard pinhead, there will be considerably less for my friend and I to enjoy, sans guest speakers.

#540 4 years ago

For anyone looking to buy a game at the show.

I have a nice Xenon I just put a new clearcoated playfield in that I can bring if presold. Asking $2,500.

Also have OXO (super nice), Aladdin’s Castle, Bright Spot, and Big Deal projects if anyone is interested.

Otherwise, can’t wait to see everyone there!

#541 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

The Gary Stern one my friend and I attended last year, had nearly every seat filled.
    The Brian Colin one also had a pretty decent amount of folks, even though both of these were in open areas where volume and outside distractions were major issues for enjoyment.
    This really stinks.
    I'm not a competitive player, I have many of the retro games and systems in the arcade area, and sadly being around so many incredible games has me more walking around them than playing them. As a highly attuned introvert, it's just way too much stimulation to take things in properly.
    That's why I enjoy and love so much, guest panels. My friend and I drove to Midwest Gaming Show for the first time this year, solely to take in panels and meet panelists just for one evening.
    I do hope you reconsider for next year, as otherwise it's a phenomenal event, but even as a diehard pinhead, there will be considerably less for my friend and I to enjoy, sans guest speakers.

I wouldn’t say they are gone for good. Just gone for this year.

#542 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I wouldn’t say they are gone for good. Just gone for this year.

Thank you for the reply, and consideration.

When I heard JJP was there the year before, I retroactively kicked myself in the arse.

I might be in the minority, so I understand I'm just one person here, but if excellent panels are on two days, I'd jump from one to two days. I really love meeting industry folk, hearing their experiences, getting to learn from them.

Last year meeting Brian was an absolute joy and surprise, as I'd no idea he or Gary would be there prior to that afternoon. We chatted with Brian, bought a couple shirts, and some merch too. Definitely a highlight, along with watching the finals play out, of my very first year at the show!

#543 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

My friend and I drove to Midwest Gaming Show for the first time this year, solely to take in panels and meet panelists just for one evening.

off topic, but worth note that those are some of the BEST anywhere.

David Thiel's this past year was a thing of amazement!

#544 4 years ago

This will be my first time at any major event this large. Can't wait for it to start. Worried I'll mess up playing on time or some rule. Hopefully, most are accommodating to us rookies

#545 4 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

This will be my first time at any major event this large. Can't wait for it to start. Worried I'll mess up playing on time or some rule. Hopefully, most are accommodating to us rookies

They should be. Just always check your score sheet before plunging to ensure it’s your turn. Make sure you start the correct number of players on the game. Outside of that, have fun!

#546 4 years ago

Does anyone know if they did a video again like last year having Steve Bowden playing 1 ball on every game in the tournament ?

#547 4 years ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

Does anyone know if they did a video again like last year having Steve Bowden playing 1 ball on every game in the tournament ?

I think all concerned decided against it this time.

#548 4 years ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

Most of the games are the same, but would be cool to play one ball on the new games in a video.

#549 4 years ago

Is there any benefit in going to the Harris Grill on Wednesday if I’m on the waitlist?

#550 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Is there any benefit in going to the Harris Grill on Wednesday if I’m on the waitlist?

You can get dinner. And pick up your Replay FX pass.

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/11?hl=mr_positive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.