Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,094 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_084030 (resized).png
    DDD62825-F3FE-4491-B34C-0E93BCE1119F (resized).jpeg
    A0E6DCE7-DB92-4B70-A2DF-0B23C3BDEA98 (resized).jpeg
    78097B78-F8E4-4F46-99EF-CE637EB7BD20 (resized).jpeg
    AF8339A4-B123-42A7-87A8-57414FD4EB29.png
    58EE0691-34BB-4992-87F6-F6F69AB5F166 (resized).png
    2B91CD0B-2B5B-45F1-8550-55B94F37D641 (resized).jpeg
    20190806_111710 (resized).jpg
    20190805_173759 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2279 (resized).jpg
    B502CF63-4390-4FD9-82D7-6249FC7E50A3 (resized).jpeg
    15650520855936688136096203169929 (resized).jpg
    DE12DF17-1C99-4C68-9EB8-C9906DEE1969 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1243851E-69C9-471E-B564-C537EBD1C7AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
    #451 4 years ago

Just found out person I was rooming with for Pinburgh has to cancel trip because of new job. I have a deluxe room with 2 beds reserved at the Omni at Pinburgh price of $145 a night. If anyone wants to share room and split costs please PM me.

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jarson:

Can you buy your ReplayFX ticket at the early Pinburgh check-in the night before?

No. You can pick up a ticket, but you cannot purchase one.

Buy online the day before and avoid having to purchase on Thursday before the show would be my advice.

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They need your showclix receipt - but even then I'm not certain that would fly if they realized you weren't that person - since part of early check in is "I'm here, so check me in for the tournament". If you pick up tickets for someone arriving the next morning and something goes wrong with their travel plans ... well....

Yeah I wasn't sure, I am local so travel plans won't be an issue for me but my wife works 5 mins away about would save me an hour plus in the car so I figured I would check.

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from fanofpinball:

Just found out person I was rooming with for Pinburgh has to cancel trip because of new job.

That sucks that the new job wouldn't honor a couple days off for an already planned trip. My son took a new job (internship actually) and speficially said he had to have those days off or he couldn’t take the position.

On the bright side... one more happy camper on the waitlist!!

#455 4 years ago

Anyone a collector of Replay F/X stuff? Was cleaning up and found Volume 1 and 2 of the Replay F/X Retro Insider. If anyone wants them I am happy to bring it this year to deliver....

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 12.28.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-19 at 12.28.56 PM (resized).png
    #456 4 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Anyone a collector of Replay F/X stuff? Was cleaning up and found Volume 1 and 2 of the Replay F/X Retro Insider. If anyone wants them I am happy to bring it this year to deliver....[quoted image]

Here's a blast from the past. Layout of the 2nd Pinburgh at the old PAPA facility.

20190719_143353 (resized).jpg20190719_143353 (resized).jpg
    #457 4 years ago

This year's layout is going to be quite interesting, with a very large "spinny" surprise in the corner.

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

This year's layout is going to be quite interesting, with a very large "spinny" surprise in the corner.

Did MHS buy BangerJay's pinball turntable?

#459 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Here's a blast from the past. Layout of the 2nd Pinburgh at the old PAPA facility.[quoted image]

Only 54 banks! Pathetic!

#460 4 years ago

The Pinburgh Guide Google Doc looks great, but if I can recall correctly from last year regarding player order, you are correct that the seed determines player order choosing on the first machine for the session. However, for subsequent games, the last-place finisher of the previous game chooses their order of play for the next game. The remaining players choose their order of play, in ascending order of finish in the previous game (3rd place, then 2nd place, then 1st place). Gives people an advantage who didn’t do well on a game receiving a zero. Make sure you make that change on the Google Doc. Otherwise I don’t see any issues other than that.

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

However, for subsequent games, the last-place finisher of the previous game chooses their order of play for the next game. The remaining players choose their order of play, in ascending order of finish in the previous game (3rd place, then 2nd place, then 1st place). Gives people an advantage who didn’t do well on a game receiving a zero. Make sure you make that change on the Google Doc. Otherwise I don’t see any issues other than that.

Ah crap! You’re right. Will fix. Thanks!

#462 4 years ago

Here is the cheatsheet with correction made in PDF form:

Pinburgh 2019 “Cheat Sheet” (AKA, “What you need to know”).pdfPinburgh 2019 “Cheat Sheet” (AKA, “What you need to know”).pdf
    #463 4 years ago

I'm very much excited for Pinburgh/Replay, heard nothing but amazing things!

I moved a few months back and in particular am looking forward to seeing all my pinpals from St. Louis. Shout out to my fellow SLAP peeps... theres a great large group making the trip, and, call me an idealistic homer but I've got my fake currency on a few of em from there to make a run!

Thanks for all the tips everyone! It is my first but knowing all the excellent folks in the community I know it will be a rad experience!

#464 4 years ago

2761BB9C-E9C7-48F3-9C01-D3231427DA8C (resized).jpeg2761BB9C-E9C7-48F3-9C01-D3231427DA8C (resized).jpeg

#465 4 years ago

My first year of Pinburgh, Usually im tied up in the summers, but have been wanting to go for years. However, since im not a big player, Im not in the tournament, Im just going to hang out with a bunch of friends, hopefully meet several "online" friends in person.

I havent seen it, but do people do parking lot deals and such as well? Usually at shows that I go to the games are brought by othrs and often a lot of buying/selling. But with no games being brought in for this show, im not sure if any of that is going on. Im going in a truck, so I do have the capability of bringing a game if someone is looking, or buying one if someone has something I want

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

My first year of Pinburgh, Usually im tied up in the summers, but have been wanting to go for years. However, since im not a big player, Im not in the tournament, Im just going to hang out with a bunch of friends, hopefully meet several "online" friends in person.
    I havent seen it, but do people do parking lot deals and such as well? Usually at shows that I go to the games are brought by othrs and often a lot of buying/selling. But with no games being brought in for this show, im not sure if any of that is going on. Im going in a truck, so I do have the capability of bringing a game if someone is looking, or buying one if someone has something I want

cool that you will be there!

Yeah, lots of parking lot deals set up in advance.

#467 4 years ago

I could use any pro-tips on parking too. First time driving in myself this year and so I'm a parking-for-the-weekend noob.

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I could use any pro-tips on parking too. First time driving in myself this year and so I'm a parking-for-the-weekend noob.

I've heard good things about this place:
    https://goo.gl/maps/fUWFHG7JhEmgfZok8

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

There's no parking lot so there's no parking lot deals. This isn't really a buying/selling show so if you plan on buying or selling a game I'd try to have a deal set in advance.

#470 4 years ago

What things are going on Wednesday?

I know there is typical a golf thing, but think someone mentioned that is now a 2 day event (so not really worth it since I would only have a shot at 1 round on Wednesday and guessing locals would have lots of rounds in on Tuesday already)

Is there anything else for warm up competition on Wed?

#471 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Think of it as the new MGC with the Convention Center downtown Milwaukee as opposed to the old location with a large parking lot In Brookfield. Just as perspective.

#472 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Maybe ping MHS about getting a vendor booth - bring a few games to sell and you might be able to park your truck on the convention center ramp. Might not be cost effective overall though.

Edit: Nevermind - looking at the vendor prices, that doesn't seem like it's an option. heh!

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What things are going on Wednesday?
    I know there is typical a golf thing, but think someone mentioned that is now a 2 day event (so not really worth it since I would only have a shot at 1 round on Wednesday and guessing locals would have lots of rounds in on Tuesday already)
    Is there anything else for warm up competition on Wed?

There's a 3 strikes at Kickback and Helicon Brewing and the Pin-Golf at the Dojo.

#474 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The bus station garage is real close to convention center.. and is painless if you just leave it there for the duration. That's where we've always parked when staying at the westin.

Daily parking is available at the convention center garage too. Unsure about overnighting there...

#475 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Are people interested in a swap meet? How far from downtown is comfortable and when could it be squeezed in? Maybe we can get something together in the South Hills next year?

#476 4 years ago

Pinburgh prime directives

HAVE FUN!
    HELP OTHERS HAVE FUN!
    THANK THE REPLAY FX TEAM OF LEGENDS FOR PUTTING ON SUCH AN EPIC EVENT!

#477 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe ping MHS about getting a vendor booth - bring a few games to sell and you might be able to park your truck on the convention center ramp. Might not be cost effective overall though.
    Edit: Nevermind - looking at the vendor prices, that doesn't seem like it's an option. heh!

I was just curious, as I didn't see a buy/sell thread like many shows. And knowing that PAPA owns all the games, didn't expect much. But honestly, I have no interest in a booth, I want to enjoy walking around and talking to everyone. But if someone was interested in buying one of mine that I have available, or selling me something that I might like, id be fine with that to, lol

cant wait to see a bunch of friends and enjoy the time

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I was just curious, as I didn't see a buy/sell thread like many shows. And knowing that PAPA owns all the games, didn't expect much. But honestly, I have no interest in a booth, I want to enjoy walking around and talking to everyone. But if someone was interested in buying one of mine that I have available, or selling me something that I might like, id be fine with that to, lol
    cant wait to see a bunch of friends and enjoy the time

ummm... find me something I want

#479 4 years ago

Are there no seminars this year at ReplayFX? Didn't see anything on the schedule.

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Are there no seminars this year at ReplayFX? Didn't see anything on the schedule.

Seems to be the case. They've had seminars in at least some of the years it's been at the convention center, but they apparently aren't on the plan this time.

#481 4 years ago

Is JJ having the pinside meet and greet?
    I had fun last year and was just wondering

#482 4 years ago

nope, no seminars. disappointing. i wrote them them. they said those are gone and the air bouncy houses for kids are gone. bummer for my kid

#483 4 years ago

Have a avg/good overall condition and clean Aztec that plays strong which I could possibly bring to Pinburgh (with payment in advance)

$1000 obo

tranport would be a little extra to offset the gas/hassle of transport.

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

nope, no seminars. disappointing. i wrote them them. they said those are gone and the air bouncy houses for kids are gone. bummer for my kid

Oh man that's a bummer, it was a riot watching pin people fall over on those things.

I wonder if this is due to more space needed for expanded Pinburgh, or just streamlining/cost reallocation.

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Oh man that's a bummer, it was a riot watching pin people fall over on those things.
    I wonder if this is due to more space needed for expanded Pinburgh, or just streamlining/cost reallocation.

Probably a good idea. Remember when their Titanic capsized?

Insurance costs probably prohibitive.

#486 4 years ago

My Pinburgh wish is for a game with WOWs to show up in the A finals bank.

#487 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Seminars are gone because they were mostly sparsely attended. Bouncy houses gone beacuse the floor space was needed for Pinburgh expansion / other things you'll see when you get here.

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Seminars are gone because they were mostly sparsely attended. Bouncy houses gone beacuse the floor space was needed for Pinburgh expansion / other things you'll see when you get here.

INDOOR ROLLERCOASTER!!!

#489 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Bouncy houses gone

Man that was one of my favorite things - is the bouncy obstacle course also gone? So fun since they let grown ups do it (though it did smell like stinky feet )

But pinball > everything else that weekend for me so thanks for all you all do!

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Seminars are gone because they were mostly sparsely attended.

When they were good and fresh like having Eugene Jarvis talk.. they were awesome.

What you describe is more 'chicken and the egg' - people won't show up for declining attractions.

#491 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Bouncy houses gone beacuse the floor space was needed for Pinburgh expansion

That just sent a shiver up my spine. I was stunned last year by the shear number of great playing games. After the tournament I was just walking around playing a bunch of games I had never played. I think there were at least 50 I had never seen. And now you are saying it will be bigger? Crazy talk. Can't wait.

Ok, here is another shout out to the tech staff. You people do an amazing job, and I can't thank you enough.

#492 4 years ago

Pinburgh 2019 games.

Picture1 (resized).jpgPicture1 (resized).jpg
    #493 4 years ago

Doug beat me to it...

#494 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The bus station garage is real close to convention center.. and is painless if you just leave it there for the duration. That's where we've always parked when staying at the westin.
    Daily parking is available at the convention center garage too. Unsure about overnighting there...

We stayed with a friend last year, which was kind of a pain so we're staying at the Westin this year. It says they have onsite parking for $22/day. What's the rate at the bus station? Also is the Westin parking the same deck as the convention center? Should I be worried about it being full? I'm arriving Thursday afternoon.

#495 4 years ago

eugene jarvis seminar was great. i went a few years ago. he is funny. he has a mouth worse than a drunken sailor. he swears a LOT. never the less, he was awesome to listen to for an hour.

#497 4 years ago

I was honestly expecting an archived version of the Eugene Jarvis talk to be at that link.

61993762-BC27-4AA2-A1DA-B34FDE95BA40 (resized).jpeg61993762-BC27-4AA2-A1DA-B34FDE95BA40 (resized).jpeg
    #499 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, here is another shout out to the tech staff. You people do an amazing job, and I can't thank you enough.

Thank you. It is nice to hear directly from the patrons.

#500 4 years ago

Carousel?

Or the pinburgh VIP lounge is on a giant lazy susan.

There are 1,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-official-replayfx-pinburgh-2019-thread-/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.