(Topic ID: 81279)

--NEWER-- XMEN bug fix code update v1.51 (2/18) on Stern's site....

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This is from the readme:

V1.51 - February 17th, 2014
=======================
- Modified Dark Phoenix scores and shots
*Initial scores stay the same, but bonus scoring from ball/side losses have decreased slightly.
*Storm and Rogue shots no longer add time to all sides, but decrease the main timer by 15 seconds. This allows players to reach the final shot sooner, if they so desire or are able.
*Side timers have been reduced to 75s from 120s.
- Fixed an issue where Deadpool could be stolen by another player in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a timing issue that prevented Xavier's starting light show from completing. Regular game play is now delayed to allow for the light show to finish.
- Fixed a timing issue that prevented ball locks from the Phoenix shot after a skill shot. Phoenix shot is no longer ignored after the skill shot.
- Removed Wizard Multiball shell. This was a wizard mode tested in early beta versions that was brought to prominence due to the last round of changes. It was inadvertently activated and is not an intented feature currently.

#3 10 years ago

It was the "Wizard Multiball" round that was just text. It was qualified by getting to DR, DP and beating Mags in the same game. It's gone now; it's for the better

#15 10 years ago

Yes. Still 10 minutes, but it feels MUCH better and balanced than before.

In 1.5, the Storm and Rogue shots during DP would increase all sector timers, and the only way to decrease the overall mode timer was through blackbird awards.

Now, in 1.51, the Storm and Rogue shot decrease the overall mode timer, which really does help if you have the Clops->Storm combo down. The JPs in the mode have also been scaled back a bit, making it feel much less lopsided on the points.

The downside? In 1.51 now it seems that DP will just up and end early on you, even if you have time left on the sectors. Don't know really what's causing the issue, but it's been submitted to Stern, and seeing how prompt Waison seems to be with the fixes, I would have to assume that 1.52, or whatever the code revision will be, is somewhere in the line now. Also the hero and villain inserts don't reset once DR and DP are reached, which really sucks, so I would assume that will get addressed as well as the "award lock" bug.

It's just comforting to know that Waison/Borg seem to care enough to make sure this game gets the right send off and not left with any bugs or progress-halting hang ups.

Hope that helps!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Have you been able to successfully replicate the bug where DP will just end early on you or did it only happen one time? Just wondering if it was perhaps a mechanical issue. I'd hate to make it to DP and have it crap out on me.
Any response from Stern?

Yes, it still happens to me. I've forwarded everything that's been reported to Stern.

1 month later
#38 10 years ago

Haven't had much time for Pinside lately, but I wanted to jot down real quick that Cyclops completes after 3 shots to Clops (after it relights) for the lowest points possible.

The first attempt, after hitting Clops the first time:
-Storm is the highest points
-right pop/rogue is 2nd highest
-Wolvie/Xavier is lowest combo shot finish

The 2nd attempt should you fail to combo the first attempt; after hitting Clops the point amounts shift DOWN the playfield shots by one, so:
-The right pop is now the most points
-Wolvie/Storm is 2nd highest
-Rogue/Xavier is lowest combo shot finish

It's a little confusing, but that's how it works. No shift of points on third attempt if you fail the 2nd attempt, because the third valid Clops shot finishes the mode at lowest points value.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If anyone is still in touch with Stern on bugs and very simple suggestions....more instant info would be much appreciated. The Deadpool / combo info is nice, but more is really needed.
I am not usually a big user of instant info, but I just got in a circumstance where it would have been very nice. I just got Deadpool qualified and villain was lit at the scoop. I then started wondering how many hits I was away from qualifying Hellfire or Brotherhood multiball (so I could use Deadpool on them). I tried to check the instant info, but no such luck.
I can also see being able to see how many balls are locked for Mags multiball would be nice to have on the instant info.
These small changes would go a long way in added polish to the code.

I agree. Xmen is such a deep game now, proper management of MB's and lock numbers is crucial and can be easily forgotten. This is a game where instant info can be a huge help. FWIW, I will pass it along and see what comes up. I'm sure they have their hands full with M50 code stuff at the moment, but I am fairly confident that we'll another fix update down the road once things settle and time is freed up. I'm willing to wait,me game is a blast as-is.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I wish there WAS a way to pull up Deadpool status.

Deadpool status (kinda) is in the instant info. It tells you how many combos you're at, and I believe how many combos is needed for the next Deadpool hire, and every 10 combos hires Deadpool. If Deadpool is ready, you'll know by the pulsing flashers (and apron flashers if you have an LE).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-newer-xmen-bug-fix-code-update-218-on-sterns-site?tu=Rcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.