(Topic ID: 81279)

--NEWER-- XMEN bug fix code update v1.51 (2/18) on Stern's site....

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

This is from the readme:

V1.51 - February 17th, 2014
=======================
- Modified Dark Phoenix scores and shots
*Initial scores stay the same, but bonus scoring from ball/side losses have decreased slightly.
*Storm and Rogue shots no longer add time to all sides, but decrease the main timer by 15 seconds. This allows players to reach the final shot sooner, if they so desire or are able.
*Side timers have been reduced to 75s from 120s.
- Fixed an issue where Deadpool could be stolen by another player in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a timing issue that prevented Xavier's starting light show from completing. Regular game play is now delayed to allow for the light show to finish.
- Fixed a timing issue that prevented ball locks from the Phoenix shot after a skill shot. Phoenix shot is no longer ignored after the skill shot.
- Removed Wizard Multiball shell. This was a wizard mode tested in early beta versions that was brought to prominence due to the last round of changes. It was inadvertently activated and is not an intented feature currently.

#2 10 years ago

What is the last mode? Sounds like a big we don't want to fix?

#3 10 years ago

It was the "Wizard Multiball" round that was just text. It was qualified by getting to DR, DP and beating Mags in the same game. It's gone now; it's for the better

#4 10 years ago

DL link is still 1.5 for the Pro. Anyone have a working link?

#6 10 years ago

Pro code is there now along with the LE.

#7 10 years ago

I guess this means no Metallica today.

#8 10 years ago

Quoted from zucot:I guess this means no Metallica today.

"soon"

#9 10 years ago

Got it. Thanks.

#10 10 years ago

I wonder if they got the flashing left return lane insert fixed during Iceman mode for the Pro.

It wasn't a bug for the LE since the ramp moves to the left side, but for the Pro, it was out of place and shouldn't be flashing.

I don't see anything posted in the Pro read me about it...so it's probably still there. I did see one added fix in the Pro read me that the LE doesn't mention.

- Fixed an issue where re-starting Shadow King after Dark Phoenix would not allow the mode to progress properly.

So I'm guessing that was a Pro only bug.

Bravo Stern for this timely fix update.

#11 10 years ago

Stern better be careful, we're gonna start expecting them to fix code fast if they keep this up.

(Seriously, good for them.)

#12 10 years ago

My guess is there was some pressure to get xmen done so they could move on.

#13 10 years ago

Rcade - have you had a chance to test out the new Dark Phoenix mode? Just wondering what (if any) details on the mode have changed. Is it still 10 minutes long?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Rcade - have you had a chance to test out the new Dark Phoenix mode? Just wondering what (if any) details on the mode have changed. Is it still 10 minutes long?

DP is pretty fun now. Much better than before. If you make your shots it is nowhere near 10min

#15 10 years ago

Yes. Still 10 minutes, but it feels MUCH better and balanced than before.

In 1.5, the Storm and Rogue shots during DP would increase all sector timers, and the only way to decrease the overall mode timer was through blackbird awards.

Now, in 1.51, the Storm and Rogue shot decrease the overall mode timer, which really does help if you have the Clops->Storm combo down. The JPs in the mode have also been scaled back a bit, making it feel much less lopsided on the points.

The downside? In 1.51 now it seems that DP will just up and end early on you, even if you have time left on the sectors. Don't know really what's causing the issue, but it's been submitted to Stern, and seeing how prompt Waison seems to be with the fixes, I would have to assume that 1.52, or whatever the code revision will be, is somewhere in the line now. Also the hero and villain inserts don't reset once DR and DP are reached, which really sucks, so I would assume that will get addressed as well as the "award lock" bug.

It's just comforting to know that Waison/Borg seem to care enough to make sure this game gets the right send off and not left with any bugs or progress-halting hang ups.

Hope that helps!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

In 1.5, the Storm and Rogue shots during DP would increase all sector timers, and the only way to decrease the overall mode timer was through blackbird awards.
Now, in 1.51, the Storm and Rogue shot decrease the overall mode timer, which really does help if you have the Clops->Storm combo down. The JPs in the mode have also been scaled back a bit, making it feel much less lopsided on the points.
The downside? In 1.51 now it seems that DP will just up and end early on you, even if you have time left on the sectors. Don't know really what's causing the issue, but it's been submitted to Stern, and seeing how prompt Waison seems to be with the fixes, I would have to assume that 1.52, or whatever the code revision will be, is somewhere in the line now. Also the hero and villain inserts don't reset once DR and DP are reached, which really sucks, so I would assume that will get addressed as well as the "award lock" bug.
It's just comforting to know that Waison/Borg seem to care enough to make sure this game gets the right send off and not left with any bugs or progress-halting hang ups.
Hope that helps!

Thanks for the response. Lets hope they fix the few bugs left in a timely manner.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Thanks for the response. Lets hope they fix the few bugs left in a timely manner.

Or at all. Lol.

#18 10 years ago

Is the 1.51 worth updating over the 1.50 I just installed in my LE or should I just keep the one I have.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Is the 1.51 worth updating over the 1.50 I just installed in my LE or should I just keep the one I have.

In another thread the consensus was to stay on 1.50 for the time being. If you do decide to go to 1.51, at least save a copy of 1.50 so that you can go back if you choose to. Hopefully, Stern will release a 1.52 to tie up the final handful of loose ends.

#20 10 years ago

Wonderful to see Stern continuing to show Xmen love after so long, very comendable. A great game keeps getting better!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Hope that helps!

Have you been able to successfully replicate the bug where DP will just end early on you or did it only happen one time? Just wondering if it was perhaps a mechanical issue. I'd hate to make it to DP and have it crap out on me.

Any response from Stern?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Have you been able to successfully replicate the bug where DP will just end early on you or did it only happen one time? Just wondering if it was perhaps a mechanical issue. I'd hate to make it to DP and have it crap out on me.
Any response from Stern?

Yes, it still happens to me. I've forwarded everything that's been reported to Stern.

4 weeks later
#23 10 years ago

Bumping for a question!

I purchased the game this weekend and the owner had updated to the 1.51 code. I was considering trying to go back to 1.50, but that presents me with two issues:

1) I have no idea how to do that. Can I go back a code? If so, how?

2) I don't actually have a copy of the 1.50 code. From what I'm reading, the fixes in 1.51 aren't worth keeping it on my game for the time being. Does anyone have a link to that file somewhere?

Thanks!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Bumping for a question!
I purchased the game this weekend and the owner had updated to the 1.51 code. I was considering trying to go back to 1.50, but that presents me with two issues:
1) I have no idea how to do that. Can I go back a code? If so, how?
2) I don't actually have a copy of the 1.50 code. From what I'm reading, the fixes in 1.51 aren't worth keeping it on my game for the time being. Does anyone have a link to that file somewhere?
Thanks!

Yes you can go back on code - when you do an install it erases all of the old code. Just follow the same instructions as you would to install any code from Stern's website. To get the old code you will need somebody to send it to you. I don't have it else I would help you out.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Yes you can go back on code - when you do an install it erases all of the old code. Just follow the same instructions as you would to install any code from Stern's website. To get the old code you will need somebody to send it to you. I don't have it else I would help you out.

Thanks - I'll keep an eye out. If anyone has a copy of 1.5 that still checks this, please get in touch!

#26 10 years ago

Grumble - Thought I had it, but all that was left in the folder was the Read Me File.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

The lock fix on 1.51 makes it much better than 1.50 in my opinion. You are going to hit that lock after a skill shot 100 times (and it not work in 1.50) before you ever get deep enough into the game to "finish" and need all of the villain modes to reset (which 1.51 doesn't do).

#28 10 years ago

I have 1.5 if you still need it.

Also in 1.51 if you light special during a game and then light hellfire club multiball while special is still lit. When you shoot the scoop to start a villain mode you can not select hellfire club. I drained, still had hellfire lit, it said shoot scoop and I could only still only select the villians I had not completed. But not hellfire MB, which I had not played yet either.

So a bug with special and villain MB.

#29 10 years ago

Another bug in 1.5 that I don't yet understand involves the upper hellfire target blinking during Weapon X mode. I can't figure out what makes it stat to blink.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Another bug in 1.5 that I don't yet understand involves the upper hellfire target blinking during Weapon X mode. I can't figure out what makes it stat to blink.

1.5 or 1.51? I doubt if Stern is or should be concerned with a bug from an older revision if it isn't present in the current (1.51) revision.

#31 10 years ago

Did they ever fix the cyclops callout bug where he says good job when you don't complete the mode and Aweshit when you do?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Did they ever fix the cyclops callout bug where he says good job when you don't complete the mode and Aweshit when you do?

I believe those were poor design decisions and not bugs. There were almost 0 negative sound clips recorded for this game...so even when you fail a mode, they tell you what a great job you did. Everyone's a winner just like little league baseball.

As far as cleaning up the modes goes...Cyclops mode would have been one of the first ones I would have reworked and probably would have taken all of 5 minutes to "fix" in my opinion.

It should have been:

Cyclops shot then...

Storm shot from upper flipper completes the mode best and gets more points for doing it on the first try (Bullyseye!)
Pop bumper or Rogue would also complete the mode from the upper flipper (Well that was a close one) .
Anything else...fail, try again until you drain or time out (Oh no....I missed!).

As it is now...just hit the Cyclops shot and don't even mess with the upper flipper. Let it come down to the right flipper...hit Wolvie and pass the mode. Of course, even though you pass he will still say "Oh no...I missed!"

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I believe those were poor design decisions and not bugs. There were almost 0 negative sound clips recorded for this game...so even when you fail a mode, they tell you what a great job you did. Everyone's a winner just like little league baseball.
As far as cleaning up the modes goes...Cyclops mode would have been one of the first ones I would have reworked and probably would have taken all of 5 minutes to "fix" in my opinion.
It should have been:
Cyclops shot then...
Storm shot from upper flipper completes the mode best and gets more points for doing it on the first try (Bullyseye!)Pop bumper or Rogue would also complete the mode from the upper flipper (Well that was a close one) .Anything else...fail, try again until you drain or time out (Oh no....I missed!).
As it is now...just hit the Cyclops shot and don't even mess with the upper flipper. Let it come down to the right flipper...hit Wolvie and pass the mode. Of course, even though you pass he will still say "Oh no...I missed!"

Actually...I'm pretty sure comboing Cyclops to Storm IS the correct "best" way to complete Cyclops. I think you get more points that way and even the Bullseye call-out. Completing him just by hitting his shot twice does get you credit, but you get the "I missed" callout since you didn't get the "better" combo, and I think it's less points. I might be remembering wrong, and unfortunately can't go play to check at the moment, but I think that's how it goes.

#34 10 years ago

It would sure be nice to get some comment from Stern respecting these final bug fixes. I do not care if it does not happen for months (take your time and figure out all the bugs, test them, beta them with people who own the game and then release it), but the assurance from them that they are aware of the bugs and will do one more update in the near future would put my mind to rest.

This type of communication is invaluable to customers and keeps them loyal. Recent communications respecting Star Trek and Metallica have been great.

PLEASE STERN, keep doing the right thing in this respect. Don't leave this game at "almost done". Please polish it up and make it epic.

The last thing I want is to finally make it to Dark Phoenix and have the mode end for no reason. Leaving the game that way is completely unjustifiable.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Actually...I'm pretty sure comboing Cyclops to Storm IS the correct "best" way to complete Cyclops.

Yeah, I think you are right.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Completing him just by hitting his shot twice does get you credit, but you get the "I missed" callout since you didn't get the "better" combo, and I think it's less points.

I don't believe you do complete the mode just by hitting him twice. I think you can complete the mode just by hitting him, but I believe it's a much higher number. In my opinion, I would take that out and require a Storm, Rogue or right pop bumper shot.

There is nothing wrong with the basics of the mode and I enjoy most of X-Men's modes being different. My point is, the mode could have very easily been tightened up and better polished. I see no reason a shot to Wolverine (or anything other than an upper flipper shot) should complete the Cyclops mode. The callouts for this mode could also be vastly improved with the ones they have to select from....which would be pretty tough to do in nearly any other mode since very few of them have a negative call out like "Noooo.....I missied!".

#36 10 years ago

A Wolverine shot counts in Cyclops mode? I never noticed that. That is strange.

I don't mind being able to complete him with multiple shots to Cyclops. I think it's two on mine, but it might be something to do with difficulty settings? It might be more and I'm not remembering right. But either way, I actually do not love using a Cyclops-Storm combo to finish him as that is the best way to finish Storm's mode. It feels redundant, but really that's a minor complaint.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Actually...I'm pretty sure comboing Cyclops to Storm IS the correct "best" way to complete Cyclops. I think you get more points that way and even the Bullseye call-out. Completing him just by hitting his shot twice does get you credit, but you get the "I missed" callout since you didn't get the "better" combo, and I think it's less points. I might be remembering wrong, and unfortunately can't go play to check at the moment, but I think that's how it goes.

I never new this. I thought my spinner switch was flaky. I started the Cyclops mode many times. And some times one hit would collect him . Other time it took more at least two maybe three. Maybe the times I finished in one shot I nail the STROM ramp with out realizing it is a combo finish. So how many ways are there to finish Cyclops exactly ? And are there any other secrets I am missing. I do know about Xavier hitting his shot twice will show the location of the image . One more question. Is there a cheat sheet of the Xavier mode blocked images .And where to shoot the right switch. I can not tell by the image what the character is. Not very good at nailing Xavier twice when in his mode.

#38 10 years ago

Haven't had much time for Pinside lately, but I wanted to jot down real quick that Cyclops completes after 3 shots to Clops (after it relights) for the lowest points possible.

The first attempt, after hitting Clops the first time:
-Storm is the highest points
-right pop/rogue is 2nd highest
-Wolvie/Xavier is lowest combo shot finish

The 2nd attempt should you fail to combo the first attempt; after hitting Clops the point amounts shift DOWN the playfield shots by one, so:
-The right pop is now the most points
-Wolvie/Storm is 2nd highest
-Rogue/Xavier is lowest combo shot finish

It's a little confusing, but that's how it works. No shift of points on third attempt if you fail the 2nd attempt, because the third valid Clops shot finishes the mode at lowest points value.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Haven't had much time for Pinside lately, but I wanted to jot down real quick that Cyclops completes after 3 shots to Clops (after it relights) for the lowest points possible.
The first attempt, after hitting Clops the first time:
-Storm is the highest points
-right pop/rogue is 2nd highest
-Wolvie/Xavier is lowest combo shot finish
The 2nd attempt should you fail to combo the first attempt; after hitting Clops the point amounts shift DOWN the playfield shots by one, so:
-The right pop is now the most points
-Wolvie/Storm is 2nd highest
-Rogue/Xavier is lowest combo shot finish
It's a little confusing, but that's how it works. No shift of points on third attempt if you fail the 2nd attempt, because the third valid Clops shot finishes the mode at lowest points value.

Man you are awesome. Thanks. Suppose I need to pay more attention. Makes me wonder on all my other pinball machine rules I am oblivious too .

#40 10 years ago

Does everyone have their settings at factory - or adjusted?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Adjusted . In the Adjustment there is a voice Volume. Default is set to( 1 ) I turned it to (60) . It really enhances the voice others and call out for combos. Set Ball saver to 15 sec. Replay awards extra ball.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Factory. That's how I roll.

rd.

#43 10 years ago

If anyone is still in touch with Stern on bugs and very simple suggestions....more instant info would be much appreciated. The Deadpool / combo info is nice, but more is really needed.

I am not usually a big user of instant info, but I just got in a circumstance where it would have been very nice. I just got Deadpool qualified and villain was lit at the scoop. I then started wondering how many hits I was away from qualifying Hellfire or Brotherhood multiball (so I could use Deadpool on them). I tried to check the instant info, but no such luck.

I can also see being able to see how many balls are locked for Mags multiball would be nice to have on the instant info.

These small changes would go a long way in added polish to the code.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If anyone is still in touch with Stern on bugs and very simple suggestions....more instant info would be much appreciated. The Deadpool / combo info is nice, but more is really needed.
I am not usually a big user of instant info, but I just got in a circumstance where it would have been very nice. I just got Deadpool qualified and villain was lit at the scoop. I then started wondering how many hits I was away from qualifying Hellfire or Brotherhood multiball (so I could use Deadpool on them). I tried to check the instant info, but no such luck.
I can also see being able to see how many balls are locked for Mags multiball would be nice to have on the instant info.

Agreed! The instant info on most Stern games is next to useless. IMO, the best game with instant info is LOTR. Lots of good info there.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I agree. Xmen is such a deep game now, proper management of MB's and lock numbers is crucial and can be easily forgotten. This is a game where instant info can be a huge help. FWIW, I will pass it along and see what comes up. I'm sure they have their hands full with M50 code stuff at the moment, but I am fairly confident that we'll another fix update down the road once things settle and time is freed up. I'm willing to wait,me game is a blast as-is.

#46 10 years ago

Even though I'm selling mine...

I agree with everything said. This game is SO deep and requires very careful planning. Nothing feels better than triggering a multiball after you start a villain...Great way to score points and complete modes!

Regarding instant info - as cool as it would be, it's sort of awesome to be juggling that info "in the moment". It definitely gets me zoned in more than any other game because of that! I've gotten to the point where I can finally look around the field during multiball and be flipping 2 of 4 balls around (Clops -> Storm -> Iceman?) while keeping another in play on the bumpers or smacking the Blackbird.

I guess if I HAD instant info, I'd be speaking differently...But even then, there's a lot to be said about zoning out and tracking everything going on in your head.

As I type that, I realize I wish there WAS a way to pull up Deadpool status. I apparently hit 19 combos the other night, which isn't a lot, but it was more than the 15 stock! Had no idea...

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I wish there WAS a way to pull up Deadpool status.

Deadpool status (kinda) is in the instant info. It tells you how many combos you're at, and I believe how many combos is needed for the next Deadpool hire, and every 10 combos hires Deadpool. If Deadpool is ready, you'll know by the pulsing flashers (and apron flashers if you have an LE).

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Deadpool status (kinda) is in the instant info. It tells you how many combos you're at, and I believe how many combos is needed for the next Deadpool hire, and every 10 combos hires Deadpool. If Deadpool is ready, you'll know by the pulsing flashers (and apron flashers if you have an LE).

I've never paid attention to the flashing apron. I'll have to check the combo stuff next time I turn her on. Thanks!

9 months later
#49 9 years ago

Rcade

Did you ever get any feed back if we are getting a fix for the 1.51 bugs?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Hope that helps!

Guess this comment wasn't correct. Stern dropped the (pin)ball again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-newer-xmen-bug-fix-code-update-218-on-sterns-site and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.