Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by koops
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png
    50C357F5-D46C-40B3-8983-F755EFBF0BA8 (resized).jpeg
    0580316F-A051-4893-A6DD-2E87F37912A3 (resized).jpeg
    20181024_081404 (resized).jpg
    0A16CAAF-2646-4C53-821F-E098FA378A93 (resized).jpeg
    A42A4996-973D-40FA-9A0C-0D3AF112A5B0 (resized).jpeg
    77244CED-00E1-4CCA-88FF-A6537AEFB49F (resized).jpeg
    5C2BFC4B-EBFA-40AB-B06B-0F743E6EC5FD (resized).jpeg
    BA74439B-47FE-4C3C-9635-F0F5269ECB9C (resized).jpeg
    BAD7A968-A62C-4F1D-8E8E-993354A9C0F9 (resized).jpeg
    F63C95EC-D50B-4B68-ACB3-844F43279798 (resized).jpeg
    CAFCB863-50F0-4EEE-9477-F7625E3FBF3B (resized).jpeg
    D9C2D51E-3AF0-4508-B510-6CD313560A10 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1443 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1442 (resized).jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

Well for example, on a game where you typically get a rubber on each side above the outlanes, angled to bounce the ball across to the other side. Point switches are often found in there.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Well for example, on a game where you typically get a rubber on each side above the outlanes, angled to bounce the ball across to the other side. Point switches are often found in there.

These sorts of places? Or am I being obtuse? I've got that one you can see there in my Maiden. Ball doesn't get close.

IMG_1442 (resized).jpgIMG_1442 (resized).jpgIMG_1443 (resized).jpgIMG_1443 (resized).jpgIMG_1444 (resized).jpgIMG_1444 (resized).jpg
    #53 5 years ago

Stock..
    D9C2D51E-3AF0-4508-B510-6CD313560A10 (resized).jpegD9C2D51E-3AF0-4508-B510-6CD313560A10 (resized).jpeg
    SlingSpots..
    CAFCB863-50F0-4EEE-9477-F7625E3FBF3B (resized).jpegCAFCB863-50F0-4EEE-9477-F7625E3FBF3B (resized).jpeg

#54 5 years ago

any issues with strobbing on any games?

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

any issues with strobbing on any games?

Not yet. I doubt there's any chance of that with those caps.

#56 5 years ago

Can't wait to order these once you have all of the different varieties available, to save on some shipping costs....

1 week later
    #57 5 years ago

Just got my spots today.

F63C95EC-D50B-4B68-ACB3-844F43279798 (resized).jpegF63C95EC-D50B-4B68-ACB3-844F43279798 (resized).jpeg

Only installed one of four so far so I can dial in the right color (too yellow out of the box for me).

Edit : not sure if I should leave out the factory post spotty. Makes it look so open now!

5C2BFC4B-EBFA-40AB-B06B-0F743E6EC5FD (resized).jpeg5C2BFC4B-EBFA-40AB-B06B-0F743E6EC5FD (resized).jpeg

All 4 with no post spots

A42A4996-973D-40FA-9A0C-0D3AF112A5B0 (resized).jpegA42A4996-973D-40FA-9A0C-0D3AF112A5B0 (resized).jpeg

77244CED-00E1-4CCA-88FF-A6537AEFB49F (resized).jpeg77244CED-00E1-4CCA-88FF-A6537AEFB49F (resized).jpeg

Edit2: playing with the led color.

Not sure about the warmer color on the left but thought I’d try it anyway. Makes it a little green

0A16CAAF-2646-4C53-821F-E098FA378A93 (resized).jpeg0A16CAAF-2646-4C53-821F-E098FA378A93 (resized).jpeg

#58 5 years ago

How will the Sniper version mount if you put it between standup targets? Will it include some kind of mounting bracket?

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

How will the Sniper version mount if you put it between standup targets? Will it include some kind of mounting bracket?

Yes. Brackets are the bain of my existence. You would think they would be easy to find, but noooo. I am getting some quoted to get made. I have a few trial versions like these below. But I'm not 100% happy with them. They work, but aren't what I really want to be shipping.

BA74439B-47FE-4C3C-9635-F0F5269ECB9C (resized).jpegBA74439B-47FE-4C3C-9635-F0F5269ECB9C (resized).jpegBAD7A968-A62C-4F1D-8E8E-993354A9C0F9 (resized).jpegBAD7A968-A62C-4F1D-8E8E-993354A9C0F9 (resized).jpeg
    #60 5 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

Just got my spots today.
    [quoted image]
    Only installed one of four so far so I can dial in the right color (too yellow out of the box for me).

Yeah the factory positioning of the trim pot is in the middle, so most people will probably straight away want to go cooler.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes. Brackets are the bain of my existence. You would think they would be easy to find, but noooo. I am getting some quoted to get made. I have a few trial versions like these below. But I'm not 100% happy with them. They work, but aren't what I really want to be shipping.[quoted image][quoted image]

Marco has these (amongst others).....a little pricey for a small piece of bent metal!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-624

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

Not sure about the warmer color on the left but thought I’d try it anyway. Makes it a little green

I think I'm going to redden up the warm end of the spectrum a bit. I just have to throttle the green channel a bit. It will technically be at the expense of a small level of brightness, but I can't tell the difference while testing.

If you want to send one back I'll replace it with a redder one, or you can just pop off the 49ohm resistor on the green line and put a 100 there.

#63 5 years ago

Nah it’s ok. Nothing to do with the sling spots really just I’d seen some other tron owners put in yellow leds so was interested to see what it would look like.

#64 5 years ago

This is Really a clever idea and product. Love it and plan to order.

#65 5 years ago

Well, cancel the bally/WMS version. It was a nice idea, but I overlooked that the sling switches on those are riveted to the bracket. No one is going to bother drilling rivets to install. Oh well. Sigh. Still good for Data East so I'll run the narrows for them.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, cancel the bally/WMS version. It was a nice idea, but I overlooked that the sling switches on those are riveted to the bracket. No one is going to bother drilling rivets to install. Oh well. Sigh. Still good for Data East so I'll run the narrows for them.

Keen to get for LOTR but it looks like I'd need narrow ones for that too?

20181024_081404 (resized).jpg20181024_081404 (resized).jpg
    #67 5 years ago

As those are square you might be able to pass them diagonally through the hole before they are screwed into the switch.

How wide are they corner to corner?

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Would there be any difference between what you’d be making for the data east ones vs Wms/Bally?

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

Would there be any difference between what you’d be making for the data east ones vs Wms/Bally?

No, they are the same, designed to go through a standard GI bulb hole.

#70 5 years ago

Liking the idea of the Sniper version... Find a dark area, find a Through-hole in the PF, wire it up and instant light.

Will keep my eyes open for when these become available (in the absence of bally/WMS version)

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

As those are square you might be able to pass them diagonally through the hole before they are screwed into the switch.
    How wide are they corner to corner?

They're about 14mm diagonally

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

There are some out there who would

My Kill Bill could really use some extra directer GI

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from db666:

They're about 14mm diagonally

That will probably be just too tight for the normal ones. Narrows will slide in no worries.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from steigerpijp:

There are some out there who would
    My Kill Bill could really use some extra directer GI

Well, don’t write this idea off either. Not the greatest engineering, but works 100%.

And I think the rivets are smaller and flatter than these screws I put there for illustration.

0580316F-A051-4893-A6DD-2E87F37912A3 (resized).jpeg0580316F-A051-4893-A6DD-2E87F37912A3 (resized).jpeg50C357F5-D46C-40B3-8983-F755EFBF0BA8 (resized).jpeg50C357F5-D46C-40B3-8983-F755EFBF0BA8 (resized).jpeg

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

That will probably be just too tight for the normal ones. Narrows will slide in no worries.

Thanks for the info - I'll grab some narrow ones once they're available.

3 weeks later
    #76 5 years ago

@TimeBandit: what's the latest on availability on these???? My BM66 needs some Slingspots and Snipers......

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

TimeBandit: what's the latest on availability on these???? My BM66 needs some Slingspots and Snipers......

About to list more stock. A few days. Just waiting on the cables.

#78 5 years ago

Any thoughts to a complete IMDN kit offering - ideally at a huuuge discount for Cdn $ purchasers ?

Also, on IMDN how are you powering these? My understanding is the node boards won't tolerate much in the way of excess load.

Nice work, btw!

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Any thoughts to a complete IMDN kit offering - ideally at a huuuge discount for Cdn $ purchasers ?
    Also, on IMDN how are you powering these? My understanding is the node boards won't tolerate much in the way of excess load.
    Nice work, btw!

They are currently powered directly from the GI circuit. I initially built an isolation unit to run extra LEDs off the 12V extension header, with switching from the GI circuit, but I really don't think it's necessary. 8 LEDs won't kill it. Each board at full cool is 150mA. 600mA for the four of them is ok. 3 watts.

I can always provide isolation units, but doubt people will want the extra spend.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

They are currently powered directly from the GI circuit. I initially built an isolation unit to run extra LEDs off the 12V extension header, with switching from the GI circuit, but I really don't think it's necessary. 8 LEDs won't kill it. Each board at full cool is 150mA. 600mA for the four of them is ok. 3 watts.
    I can always provide isolation units, but doubt people will want the extra spend.

I'm thinking 8 LEDs for my BM66: 4 SlingSpots at the Slingshots, 2 Snipers in the GADGET targets, 2 Snipers in the TV targets....too much for the Spike 2 GI??

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I'm thinking 8 LEDs for my BM66: 4 SlingSpots at the Slingshots, 2 Snipers in the GADGET targets, 2 Snipers in the TV targets....too much for the Spike 2 GI??

I would start to think about isolation if you're getting up to and over an amp. I might revisit and put one together.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

I would start to think about isolation if you're getting up to and over an amp. I might revisit and put one together.

Thanks, I’d appreciate it. Maybe make it available as an upgrade, as I’m sure I won’t be alone in wanting to add that many.....

#83 5 years ago

I think WOZ is a candidate for these, slings and snipers

Is it OK to run them off the 12V DC that WOZ uses for its spotlights?

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Silverbak:

I think WOZ is a candidate for these, slings and snipers
    Is it OK to run them off the 12V DC that WOZ uses for its spotlights?

I would have to do a 12V version. Easy enough to do. I'll run a few if I can confirm they fit.

#85 5 years ago

I just installed these into my Iron Maiden premium and only one out of the 4 spots works. The other three cause the GI to go out and start flickering. It is really weird. What am I doing wrong?

#86 5 years ago

Same thing happened in my SW. apparently it’s a Spike thing.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Same thing happened in my SW. apparently it’s a Spike thing.

Ah I see now that the website says Stern SAM, not Spike. Kinda confusing with the picture showing Iron Maiden. Can we remove the caps to get them to work with Spike games?

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Ah I see now that the website says Stern SAM, not Spike. Kinda confusing with the picture showing Iron Maiden. Can we remove the caps to get them to work with Spike games?

Yes, just drop the caps off. I am redoing the store right now and will have SAM and Spike listed seperately.

#90 5 years ago

Cool!!! Order has been placed for 2 Spike sets!

#91 5 years ago

For node isolation purists (me included) I am also putting together a power/isolation unit for spike that will power off the 12v aux power and trigger off the GI.
    It’s not really necessary but for a few bucks it will be a peace of mind thing.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

For node isolation purists (me included) I am also putting together a power/isolation unit for spike that will power off the 12v aux power and trigger off the GI.

Fantastic. Count me in for that. It's a pretty tight squeeze and kind of a pain to remove the heat shrink from all the GI sockets

How would that work in games like SW or Maiden that have selective-colored GI? Presume they'd be tied into the whites?

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Count me in for those as well, as well as Spike Snipers when they become available......

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Fantastic. Count me in for that. It's a pretty tight squeeze and kind of a pain to remove the heat shrink from all the GI sockets
    How would that work in games like SW or Maiden that have selective-colored GI? Presume they'd be tied into the whites?

Interesting point. If it's powered from an aux power source they won't turn off when the nearby GI does, such as fear of the dark mode. You'd need a relay to switch them on/off when a connected bulb does.

Nothing is ever easy is it?

#95 5 years ago

Damn, can't believe I've not seen these until today.
    Did I miss availability on the slims? I have a Bally 6803 Motordome I about to restore that is desperate for more lighting, these look like they would fit the bill!

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Damn, can't believe I've not seen these until today.
    Did I miss availability on the slims? I have a Bally 6803 Motordome I about to restore that is desperate for more lighting, these look like they would fit the bill!

Slims are a couple more days away.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

You'd need a relay to switch them on/off when a connected bulb does.

Yep, that’s exactly what it will do. Plug into power, clip onto trigger.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
    #99 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Count me in on Slims/Snipers and the iso unit as well......but I'd appreciate them being made available at the same time to help defray shipping costs (if at all possible)

2 months later
    #100 5 years ago

Any updates on the snipers, I know they like to hide but gotta come up for air sometime?

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-new-gi-reinforcement-range-/page/2?hl=atari_daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.