• Latest reply 4 years ago by SBrothers
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1267 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

My brand new Munsters LE is experiencing a problem with the right flipper on the lower playfield. The flipper intermittently gets stuck halfway up and then will not go back to it's resting position. I've had reports from other users on my youtube channel that they are experiencing the same problem. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this? Munsters (Limited Edition)

IMG_1267 (resized).JPGIMG_1267 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

Just a shot in the dark, but have you confirmed with the game off that the flipper is free to travel and the spring is properly attached? The flipper could be tightened too far up the shaft without proper clearance between it and the playfield/bushing. Return of the flipper, as far as I know, is completely up to the spring tension and the flipper having clear/smooth travel.

#3 4 years ago

I haven't had a chance to get under the playfield to look at the spring and flipper travel. I'll check tonight. Thanks for the tips. Was hoping to see if this is a batch problem with lower playfield since I have heard from two others that they have the same problem.

#4 4 years ago

I just fixed the same thing on my buddy’s LE. They had the flipper cranked down too tight to the mini-playfield.

#5 4 years ago

Sadly, I've only played one Munsters and it didn't have the lower playfield. I'm determined to find one that does because either it or Deadpool will likely be my first Stern game. But flippers are pretty standard across most modern games as far as functionality so should be fairly simple either adjusting the bat position on the mechanism or making sure the spring is attached. Likely it's the former as it wouldn't really return without the spring. Marco actually gives you a little tool that sets the "slack" but I would think it's about the same distance as the height of a dime or so. Just loosen the hex screw that holds the bat shaft into the flipper mechanism and raise it up a bit (putting the coin between the playfield and flipper) and tighten down. Make sure the bat stays in alignment with the holes or marks on the playfield.

#6 4 years ago

Had a similar issue on 2 new Sterns, easy fix, it was mechanical. Adjust the flipper, fixed my issues .

#7 4 years ago

Same thing happened to my game also and it ended up being the screws had come loose on the metal bracket that holds the flipper coil and it was letting it cock just enough to put it into a bind and make the flipper hang up so check and see if those screws are loose.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same thing happened to my game also and it ended up being the screws had come loose on the metal bracket that holds the flipper coil and it was letting it cock just enough to put it into a bind and make the flipper hang up so check and see if those screws are loose.

Ah yes, another good suggestion. Make sure all the screws are tight!

#9 4 years ago

Are they stock flippers, mine are yellow? I adjusted the level of my flippers after putting in a PF protector as the same thing was happening. Def flipper not set at the right level. Take the mini PF out (4 screws & 3 plugs), loosen flippers put a cr card under & tighten again.

2 months later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from clanmclain:

My brand new Munsters LE is experiencing a problem with the right flipper on the lower playfield. The flipper intermittently gets stuck halfway up and then will not go back to it's resting position. I've had reports from other users on my youtube channel that they are experiencing the same problem. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this? Munsters (Limited Edition) [quoted image]

TNT Amusements just released a video about this on YouTube. The lower playfield plastic they think swells from the heat while shipping inside the box and the tech used #6 washers to raise the plastic just slightly off the flippers. Check out the YouTube video. Super easy and permanent fix.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from clanmclain:

My brand new Munsters LE is experiencing a problem with the right flipper on the lower playfield. The flipper intermittently gets stuck halfway up and then will not go back to it's resting position. I've had reports from other users on my youtube channel that they are experiencing the same problem. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this? Munsters (Limited Edition) [quoted image]

Ours did same thing right out of the box...a simple fix with washers! Start watching at the 3:25 minute mark to see how to fix it fast!

3 months later
#12 4 years ago

Thanks guys!

This post helped me address the issue in my new Munsters premium.

Steve

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 39.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-munsters-le-lower-playfield-flipper-problems-help?hl=mrtattooz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.