4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by edward472
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1064 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1063 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1062 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1061 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1058 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1057 (resized).JPG
    20191230_200356 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Years back, when I got the Rifle Gallery in it was in need of much attention.
    After replacing parts from United and Bally bowlers (also 50V) it works fine
    except for at the end of the game, the Expert light (which also is wired to the
    Shoot Again lights) doesn't come on. The other lights (Rifleman, Marksman, and
    Sharpshooter) work fine at the end of a game and are wired direct to the 100s
    and 1,000s Score Reels..
    There is no Credit Step Up or Credit button, so my question is, if you hit a high
    score are you suppose to get a free game, or is the game suppose to continue
    to keep shooting? Midway's Deluxe Shooting Gallery has "Keep Shooting" lights
    indicated for extended play.
    Also, when fabricating the ball bowler components to adapt in the machine, I don't
    see any way it would have any bearing on this issue. If it's just a Shoot Again feature,
    no big deal, I can just wire direct off of the 1,000's Score Reel so that the "Expert" light
    comes on, but if it gives extended plays, that would be a nice added feature, however, I
    don't see a Relay that would provide this, but I am thinking that something has to
    function the "Expert/Shoot Again" lights other than the 1,000's Score Reel..
    Anyone with any info would be much appreciative.. (T)

#2 4 years ago

Kickin' back up on top in case it was missed..

1 week later
    #3 4 years ago

I did miss this.I got you Mopar. Im restoring one right now. Here is the only section of the schematics that mentions the shoot again feature. If you need more or pictures of my game let me know.
    20191230_200356 (resized).jpg20191230_200356 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Here is the only section of the schematics that mentions the shoot again feature.

Thanks for the response. I didn't think the "Shoot Again" on the backglass meant "Extended Play" as the
    Midway's Deluxe Shooting Gallery has, but there's no relay for a free play, nor a credit button in the front.
    The Expert and Shoot Again light never lite, so since I had to fix a problem in the back anyways, I wired it
    so Expert lit as the others had after a certain score was reached once the game was over..
    My Rifle Gallery needed much work also, but after going through all the other Midway and Bally air compressor
    machines, Rifle Gallery takes the top spot. Actually, I haven't gone through Bally's Marksman yet, but I don't see
    anyway it'll match R.G. They're all worth putting time into, and especially R.G.
    I'll keep an eye on your restore.. Good luck..

#5 4 years ago

Yeah I can't wait to play it. But I doubt it will be any time soon. It needs a lot of work. If you have a moment and are feeling generous, I do need a side profile picture of the rifle and a picture of the buttplate. I have to replace my stock and would like to get it as close as possible to looking original. No pressure! Thanks in advance!

#6 4 years ago

Yea, no problem. Anything I might be able to help out with, all you need to do is ask..
    My stock was also broken off when I got the machine in. Those Kids liked to swing on
    those rifles. Fortunately the broken stock was with the machine, and I was able to glue
    it back together..
    A couple of years ago, another collector asked for pics, and if I remember correctly, it
    was because his R.G. came with a pistol, and he wanted to convert it back to a rifle, so
    I had pics already loaded in this lap top. Let me know if they do the trick..

IMG_1057 (resized).JPGIMG_1057 (resized).JPGIMG_1058 (resized).JPGIMG_1058 (resized).JPGIMG_1059 (resized).JPGIMG_1059 (resized).JPGIMG_1061 (resized).JPGIMG_1061 (resized).JPGIMG_1062 (resized).JPGIMG_1062 (resized).JPGIMG_1063 (resized).JPGIMG_1063 (resized).JPGIMG_1064 (resized).JPGIMG_1064 (resized).JPG
    #7 4 years ago

You are the man! Thanks so much! If you checked my restore thread, you can see the stock is broken off. But unfortunately the piece wasn't with it. I bought a stock I thought closely resembled it and I'm going to try to shape it to look more original. I'll let you know if I need anything else. Thanks for being so generous with your time

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-midway-s-rifle-gallery and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.