461F0DF0-7D81-4E56-84BB-2870BD9ACF91 (resized).jpeg
20200902_170019 (resized).jpg
20200901_234430 (resized).jpg
20200817_130221 (resized).jpg
tech2 (resized).jpg
3F202EE8-8C56-4BA2-A241-BF0723DA4FBE (resized).jpeg
E607C764-BB6D-4E51-ACFA-D3C73D095E57 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200810_160855 (resized).jpg
There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 3 years ago

Add me to the list for the pipe, green.

Thanks

May

#152 3 years ago

Add me to the list for all mods. LE version.
Pipe with green slime.

Thanks, great mods.

#153 3 years ago

Wow just found this thread. Yes put me down for all mods for the pro. Green ooze please.

#154 3 years ago

Im interested in getting all mods. Please dm me.

#155 3 years ago

In for all mods and pink ooze!!!

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Kaiserstadt:

Im interested in getting all mods. Please dm me.

It will be awhile before I can get to this point on the list, but I will indeed message you once I get far enough along.

Details will be determined once I message, so any interest posted here holds your place in line for any mods you'd like.

I appreciate everyone's interest thus far.

-----------------------------------------------

Also, huge thanks to Jared for posting an awesome (and unexpected) pipe review on FB

https://www.facebook.com/jguynes/videos/10158695918269516/

#157 3 years ago

It me down for a green pipe mod if still taking- Thanks!

#158 3 years ago

Add me to your list for both please.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It will be awhile before I can get to this point on the list, but I will indeed message you once I get far enough along.
Details will be determined once I message, so any interest posted here holds your place in line for any mods you'd like.
Also, huge thanks to Jared for posting an awesome (and unexpected) pipe review on FB

Can’t wait for mine. Looks so good! great work Medisinyl

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If you can include me on this but I would like the full set. Base pipe mod with the green ooze upgrade, turtle selection bezel and the burning building mod.

I understand it may be a while until you get to me, but that’s fine, I’ll be waiting for the invoice. Thanks, Tony

#161 3 years ago

I am late to the party, but put me down for the
- pipe with pink
-the burning pizza building
-turtle selection

Thanks!

#162 3 years ago

interest Pipe mod/pink ooze

#163 3 years ago

Hey all...

Great work Medisinyl

Put me down for a Pipe mod Green Ooze Plz ✅

Thanks

#164 3 years ago

Updates:

Getting the selection bezels into paint tonight (living on vampire hours).

Final parts for the buildings arrived today (fire parts I ordered back in May also finally got here a couple days ago).

3rd printer has been fixed, and the 4th arrived today to assemble tonight (will be running at least one machine exclusively for burning building parts).

#165 3 years ago

I am in green ooze pipe

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Updates:
Getting the selection bezels into paint tonight (living on vampire hours).
Final parts for the buildings arrived today (fire parts I ordered back in May also finally got here a couple days ago).
3rd printer has been fixed, and the 4th arrived today to assemble tonight (will be running at least one machine exclusively for burning building parts).

Do you take requests/ideas? I was wondering if you could make something like this for the PRO owners to use as an alternate to the glider that comes on the Premium and LE. I’m not a fan of the one Mezel Mod has for sale.

3F202EE8-8C56-4BA2-A241-BF0723DA4FBE (resized).jpeg3F202EE8-8C56-4BA2-A241-BF0723DA4FBE (resized).jpegE607C764-BB6D-4E51-ACFA-D3C73D095E57 (resized).jpegE607C764-BB6D-4E51-ACFA-D3C73D095E57 (resized).jpeg
#167 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Do you take requests/ideas? I was wondering if you could make something like this for the PRO owners to use as an alternate to the glider that comes on the Premium and LE. I’m not a fan of the one Mezel Mod has for sale.[quoted image][quoted image]

While I do at times make mods based on requests (and suggestions are always appreciated), it's less likely I'll make PRO specific mods as the model I have access to is an LE, and I do have a few other mods I may revisit in Nov. or so (some LE specific). For now, new development is on hold while I work through my backlogs.

I also try to stay away from any direct IP infringement.

I'm still not sure if I'll ever complete my Technodrome plan (partially due to IP concerns), but this is a peek at the eye portion I had been messing with awhile back (oscillating gearing was already successfully prototyped for a moving eye):
tech2 (resized).jpgtech2 (resized).jpg

#168 3 years ago

I would like to order your Pipe mod Green Ooze Please.

Thanks!

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I do at times make mods based on requests (and suggestions are always appreciated), it's less likely I'll make PRO specific mods as the model I have access to is an LE, and I do have a few other mods I may revisit in Nov. or so (some LE specific). For now, new development is on hold while I work through my backlogs.
I'm still not sure if I'll ever complete my Technodrome plan (partially due to IP concerns), but this is a peek at the eye portion I had been messing with awhile back (oscillating gearing was already successfully prototyped for a moving eye):
[quoted image]

Make it so!

#170 3 years ago

Bezels galore (smallest of the TMNT mods, but by far the most tedious to paint ).

Finishing up the current Elvira run, but should have another chunk of TMNT orders shipped out by Thursday.

20200817_130221 (resized).jpg20200817_130221 (resized).jpg
#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Bezels galore (smallest of the TMNT mods, but by far the most tedious to paint ).
Finishing up the current Elvira run, but should have another chunk of TMNT orders shipped out by Thursday.
[quoted image]

Looking forward to getting my ones! These look great!

#172 3 years ago

Just found this Thread I have an LE and in for all the mods can pay as soon as you like.

#173 3 years ago

Please put me down for the pipe mod with green slime, please. Picking up my premium tomorrow.

#174 3 years ago

I’ll take a pipe mod

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Just found this Thread I have an LE and in for all the mods can pay as soon as you like.

I'll be gradually making my physical list as I send out messages, and only looking to accept payment at those times.

Hard for me to guess how long it will take me to get to this later point on the list, so holding off makes the most sense (avoids refunds, etc. if someone sells their game by then or loses interest, and easier to keep track in general).

As always, I appreciate everyone's interest thus far. Thank you!

#176 3 years ago

Will be working solely on TMNT mods through the night and ship all orders I can finish tomorrow.

#177 3 years ago

Will ship a chunk of orders with buildings out tomorrow.

All non-building orders from the first batch have now shipped and tracking has been sent.

#178 3 years ago

dang that technodrome w/ oscillating eye needs to happen!

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will ship a chunk of orders with buildings out tomorrow.
All non-building orders from the first batch have now shipped and tracking has been sent.

Just got to USPS a moment too late and their kiosk is out of order as well--unfortunately common here lately (had a couple setbacks with the fire panels, and the buildings are taking more hours than expected in general, hence the last moment drive to USPS).

Will get these out on Monday and should have another couple ready to go by then.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Please put me down for the pipe mod with green slime, please. Picking up my premium tomorrow.

Somehow I missed the bezels. Please put me down for one of those as well.

#181 3 years ago

I’m for pipe mod. Green ooze. Maybe the building.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Somehow I missed the bezels. Please put me down for one of those as well.

Interest posted in the thread holds your place for whatever you'd like. Once I send out messages, I'll then be taking down notes on which pieces are desired.

Currently TMNT production is slow, but once Elvira runs and others (orders that were placed well before) are completed, I'll get through the TMNT list at a better pace.

#183 3 years ago

Please put me down for the pipe mod!

#184 3 years ago

I'm down for a green ooze pipe and bezel please!

#185 3 years ago

how did I miss this thread - ok I'm in for all three, LE version with green ooze. I'm in the UK Happy to wait

#186 3 years ago

Tracking sent on those that got out today. Will have more out tomorrow, and I have another 11 buildings prepped for paint (buildings being the bottleneck). Made a slight upgrade to the way I'm assembling the fire panels that should hopefully alleviate the issues I had a few days ago.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how did I miss this thread - ok I'm in for all three, LE version with green ooze. I'm in the UK Happy to wait

yeah Neil! you're always in all the cool threads, absolutely love your collection. cheers!

#188 3 years ago

Put me down for a pink pipe please

#189 3 years ago

I've updated my initial post, but unfortunately I'm learning that the selection bezel WILL NOT fit on the PRO model (different location puts the habitrail in the way), so unless I make a change, it's now only for the Prem/LE.

PinMonk's new bezel option may fit, and looks to be a cool alternative choice.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've updated my initial post, but unfortunately I'm learning that the selection bezel WILL NOT fit on the PRO model (different location puts the habitrail in the way), so unless I make a change, it's now only for the Prem/LE.
PinMonk's new bezel option may fit, and looks to be a cool alternative choice.

I have an le so I am still in for the pipe and bezel

#191 3 years ago

I have a premium and would like the pink ooze pipe mod. Thank you.

#192 3 years ago

Should have an update photo here tomorrow.

Was hoping to hear back on the first batch of buildings (that should have arrived by the weekend) before shipping more out (to confirm no issues with install and function).

Had one report of a tight pipe fitment, but it ultimately installed fine without modification (perhaps the habitrails can vary slightly from game to game [did for ACNC], but there should be some leeway for fitment).

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]

As Mezel has shown a Technodrome mod for the same spot, it's unlikely I'll bother finishing mine (plan on mine was to have the left ramp go right through/into the Technodrome and have a lit and oscillating, interactive eye). Perhaps I can use the oscillating mechanism I created for some future mod.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

As Mezel has shown a Technodrome mod for the same spot, it's unlikely I'll bother finishing mine (plan on mine was to have the left ramp go right through/into the Technodrome and have a lit and oscillating, interactive eye). Perhaps I can use the oscillating mechanism I created for some future mod.

Don’t think Mezel is going to oscillate theirs. Why not keep with your plan, it should be more popular? I’d be more interested in an interactive eye, a great deal more than just some 3D printed stationary plastic.

Going in from left ramp, with a lit and oscillating interactive eye, also sounds better than what Mezel is showing.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t think Mezel is going to oscillate theirs. Why not keep with your plan, it should be more popular? I’d be more interested in an interactive eye, a great deal more than just some 3D printed stationary plastic.
Going in from left ramp, with a lit and oscillating interactive eye, also sounds better than what Mezel is showing.

I'll have to see where I'm at when I get through most of my backlog, as it does seem like a shame to not finish it (I always like to add new elements to my modding with each game, and this is the one that was supposed to introduce the use of a motor). While my intention would show less of the actual Technodrome, the perceived scale would be more massive and get built into the game geometry (the scale of the nearby van had to be taken into account so that it doesn't dwarf the technodrome, and I do have all the rough measurements laid out). Of course my mods also get prepped, painted, and finished, which does make turnaround times a bit of a pain, but bare 3D prints rarely blend well into a game IMO.

In the short-term, it would be a mistake to add another large, detailed mod given all the order interest I have--the burning building mod alone gets a chunk of hours into each one [not counting the 18 hour print time], which is already a significant bottleneck.

Though as noted, TMNT mod production will accelerate once all my other orders die down, so hopefully sometime next month I'll catch up here at a better rate.

--------------‐-------‐‐------‐------------------------------------
-------------‐-----------------------------------------------------

Separate update:

Paint on this latest batch of buildings is slightly more detailed on the faces, with a bit more contrast with the roof (essentially one extra paint stage on the faces, and one less on the roof compared to the first building batch that went out, and this will be the plan going forward--with the game lighting, these changes likely wont be noticed much, if at all).

Will post a photo of the slight paint change later tonight.

Should be shipping 5 more orders with buildings tomorrow, and I have good progress toward the next 10 sets with buildings afterward as well.

#196 3 years ago

Please include me on the full set. Base pipe mod with the green ooze upgrade, turtle selection bezel and the burning building mod.

#197 3 years ago

For those interested in "how it's made" details:

* The mirrored windows (that allow the fire to show through when lit) are created with window tint and a shatterproof framing plastic that can be cut with scissors (this is different than the mirrors I use on other mods, as that material would shatter if cut with scissors). It's applied in a large sheet and allowed to dry for a few days. This combination was originally created for the Iron Maiden Tomb mod that failed to get interest (was my solution to get a transparent gold mirror).

/\ - a chunk is shown in the image below (with blue protective film still on it).

* And the smoky coloring above the left window is created with actual fire (a simple lighter flicked over it until it looks right).

While they may look the same at a glance, these show the slightly updated paint (though they'll all vary being hand painted).

----

I recommend a frosted bulb (and perhaps non-white) to be used at the the top right above the building to cut down on the reflection there.
20200901_234430 (resized).jpg20200901_234430 (resized).jpg

#198 3 years ago

Can i get a pink slime pipe?

#199 3 years ago

Pic of the latest batch of pipes.

Still plugging away on these buildings.

Will be switching to BSD tomorrow, need to finish up this Elvira run and some ACNC mods, then will be back on TMNT sometime next week to get those next ten orders out (that should get nearly everyone shipped from the first message list--will do more manageable size message batches going forward).

20200902_170019 (resized).jpg20200902_170019 (resized).jpg
#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Pic of the latest batch of pipes.
Still plugging away on these buildings.
Will be switching to BSD tomorrow, need to finish up this Elvira run and some ACNC mods, then will be back on TMNT sometime next week to get those next ten orders out (that should get nearly everyone shipped from the first message list--will do more manageable size message batches going forward). [quoted image]

is the second from the bottom left mine???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-/page/4?hl=ryancw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.