461F0DF0-7D81-4E56-84BB-2870BD9ACF91 (resized).jpeg
20200902_170019 (resized).jpg
20200901_234430 (resized).jpg
20200817_130221 (resized).jpg
tech2 (resized).jpg
3F202EE8-8C56-4BA2-A241-BF0723DA4FBE (resized).jpeg
E607C764-BB6D-4E51-ACFA-D3C73D095E57 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200810_160855 (resized).jpg
There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 3 years ago

Getting in line as well for the pipe mod

#102 3 years ago

Put me down for a pipe mod too please.

#103 3 years ago

Hey Greg,
put me down for everything that you make for this game please.
cheers
Trevor

#104 3 years ago

Is there something for the right metal ramp. I have had a couple balls fly off coming down and drain

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is there something for the right metal ramp. I have had a couple balls fly off coming down and drain

This was addressed in post #32 (quoted below), but I hadn't heard of many issues with the right rail. Would be difficult to fit anything onto that right side without it looking off/non-factory IMO, but should it prove to be a significant issue for many, I may revisit it in a few months.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I had questioned the right side, there's nowhere to tastefully add anything.
The available locations would either block the News plastic with Irma and the text, or the April Hurry Up insert if placed in front of the right ramp.
Unlike some mods, the left habitrail mod doesn't leave the right side looking barren (EDIT: It actually helps balance out the turtle selection plastic IMO).
The left side took into account 100% flipper visibility and visibility of the clear plastic to the left. Just obscures some of the drips on the plastic underneath and the training dummy art.

#106 3 years ago

Ok, thanks. I’ve bought some stuff from you in the past and would be interested in the pipe. Potentially the building depending on price

#107 3 years ago

I am interested in all of the mods.. building, news, and the pipe with green. We have a Limited Edition.

You said the building takes about 18 hours to print.. I wonder if you can offload printing to a place like Shapeways for the buildings to make a few faster.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from yuppicide:

I am interested in all of the mods.. building, news, and the pipe with pink. We have a Limited Edition.
You said the building takes about 18 hours to print.. I wonder if you can offload printing to a place like Shapeways for the buildings to make a few faster.

I appreciate your interest, support, and suggestion.

However, while some prints take a long time, generally (with multiple machines) I can print parts at a rate beyond what I can prep, paint, solder together, etc. (sometimes I am stuck with few machines as the printers can be finicky).

I'm also very much an introvert and prefer to do everything I can on my own.

I also never know what demand I'll receive. The early Elvira response was 8x anything I had before (totally unprepared for), while the Iron Maiden Tomb mod was DOA and a significant setback as I prepared parts based on the Rob Zombie response (also the most difficult mod I've created outside the IJ PoA rails [still love it in my game]).

I had been hesitant to make such a large mod since, but this game really seemed to call for something in that area, and I have a ton of nostalgia for TMNT

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate your interest, support, and suggestion.
However, while some prints take a long time, generally (with multiple machines) I can print parts at a rate beyond what I can prep, paint, solder together, etc. (sometimes I am stuck with few machines as the printers can be finicky).
I'm also very much an introvert and prefer to do everything I can on my own.
I also never know what demand I'll receive. The early Elvira response was 8x anything I had before (totally unprepared for), while the Iron Maiden Tomb mod was DOA and a significant setback as I prepared parts based on the Rob Zombie response (also the most difficult mod I've created outside the IJ PoA rails [still love it in my game]).
I had been hesitant to make such a large mod since, but this game really seemed to call for something in that area, and I have a ton of nostalgia for TMNT

No problem. It was just a suggestion. I was not saying to "pre-make" any parts.. just print them faster based on the orders already received.

Anyway, I updated my post from pink to green pipe if you were writing things down.. should definitely be green in there.

#110 3 years ago

Greg,
Please put me down for the Pipe MOD, looks awesome !!

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from yuppicide:

No problem. It was just a suggestion. I was not saying to "pre-make" any parts.. just print them faster based on the orders already received.
Anyway, I updated my post from pink to green pipe if you were writing things down.. should definitely be green in there.

No worries on the color switch (and green is the better look IMO). Once I send out messages, I'll take down notes based on mods/options wanted at that time.

#112 3 years ago

Can pipe mod be made so one can change from pink or green.
In other words removable pink /green pipe comes with both your choice on installation .
May look different on different versions due to art blades. Excetra! Give buyer In person choice For his/ her game.

#113 3 years ago

Medisinyl Please add me to the list for all, awesome work (including the theme song cover)!

#114 3 years ago

hey man put me down for the pipe with green ooze man

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Can pipe mod be made so one can change from pink or green.
In other words removable pink /green pipe comes with both your choice on installation .
May look different on different versions due to art blades. Excetra! Give buyer In person choice For his/ her game.

The current design has bumpers in the pipe so that the ooze can always be aligned the same for each mod, but it gets super glued to the top of the pipe and hot glued at the back.

While I'm sure I could have made a swappable variant, it may have led to failure over time if the ooze wasn't hard fixed into place (given that this mod needs to handle a ball hitting it at times), or other issues with space/clearance limitations. Would also feel/look cheap if the ooze could move around even a millimeter.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The current design has bumpers in the pipe so that the ooze can always be aligned the same for each mod, but it gets super glued to the top of the pipe and hot glued at the back.
While I'm sure I could have made a swappable variant, it may have led to failure over time if the ooze wasn't hard fixed into place (given that this mod needs to handle a ball hitting it at times), or other issues with space/clearance limitations. Would also feel/look cheap if the ooze could move around even a millimeter.

Ok great answer! Now do I pick green or pink

#117 3 years ago

already in on the building, pipe with pink ooze please

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

already in on the building, pipe with pink ooze please

Anyone that got on the list is in line for any of the mods they choose once I send out messages (details will be noted at that point). Should be sending messages out on Wednesday I expect (at least to those in the first chunk of the list).

#119 3 years ago

1 for pipe with pink ooze
PM sent

#120 3 years ago

Please add me to the list for the pipe with green ooze. Thanks!

#121 3 years ago

Still planning to post an update with pricing tonight (possibly a.m hours) and send out messages to those in the first part of the list.

Intending to get some TMNT mods shipped within the next few days, so hopefully we'll have photos of the building in a Pro soon enough for anyone interested to decide before the bulk of the first run ships (already have a volunteer for the Pro fitting).

#122 3 years ago

Been hoping my internet would be back by now (out since about 3am). Will send messages out later on (would be tedious on the phone). I'll have photos of the production wiring for the building by then.

For now, here's the planned pricing, and a photo showing the pizza sign option on an unfinished building (completely unnecessary add-on, but another throw to my nostalgia for the video games).

‐‐--------------------

Base pipe mod will be $65, + $9 for either (pink/green) ooze upgrade (the ooze also gets multiple coats of clear to help smooth it out and give it a slimier appearance).

‐---

Turtle selection bezel will be $35 ($30 if purchased with a pipe mod).

------

Burning building mod will be $199 (+ $9 for the painted pizza sign option).

----

$15 Off base pricing if purchasing all three as a set.

---

Shipping will start at $7.99 domestic and $24.99 international (for orders with the building, $9.99 domestic and $29.99 international--these may increase if actual cost proves to be higher after the first batch goes out).
20200806_045956 (resized).jpg20200806_045956 (resized).jpg

turt5 (resized).pngturt5 (resized).png
#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Been hoping my internet would be back by now (out since about 3am). Will send messages out later on (would be tedious on the phone). I'll have photos of the production wiring for the building by then.
For now, here's the planned pricing, and a photo showing the pizza sign option on an unfinished building (completely unnecessary add-on, but another throw to my nostalgia for the video games).
‐‐--------------------
Base pipe mod will be $65, + $9 for either (pink/green) ooze upgrade (the ooze also gets multiple coats of clear to help smooth it out and give it a slimier appearance).
‐---
Turtle selection bezel will be $35 ($30 if purchased with a pipe mod).
------
Burning building mod will be $199 (+ $9 for the painted pizza sign option).
----
$15 Off base pricing if purchasing all three as a set.
---
Shipping will start at $7.99 domestic and $24.99 international (for orders with the building, $9.99 domestic and $29.99 international--these may increase if actual cost proves to be higher after the first batch goes out). [quoted image][quoted image]

I’m still wanting the pipe. Do you have a pic of the selection mod? I can’t find it

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m still wanting the pipe. Do you have a pic of the selection mod? I can’t find it

It's shown in the first post--first photo shown beneath the video (also shown briefly in the video).

Eventually I'll clean that first post up with all of the information in one place.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's shown in the first post--first photo shown beneath the video (also shown briefly in the video).

Ah, ok, I see it now. I thought it was on the selection button in the lockdown bar. I’ll take both the pipe with green slime and that turtles selection for my Le. Thanks!

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ah, ok, I see it now. I thought it was on the selection button in the lockdown bar. I’ll take both the pipe with green slime and that turtles selection for my Le. Thanks!

I'll reconfirm any decisions once I send out messages and start compiling a physical list.

Will likely be awhile before I can get to the end of the TMNT list as I already have a long backlog of other orders and the TMNT list seems to be about 100 orders or so long already.
‐---------

For others interested and seeing this thread now, please continue to express interest in the thread and I'll get to yours when I can.

As I get 100s of PMs, it's less chaotic to keep interest here for now while I work through my backlogs.

Thanks again to everyone for your support. Never imagined my mods would become so popular.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Never imagined my mods would become so popular.

I see two big reasons:

1. You're one of the few modders who actually makes 3D printed mods not look 3D printed.

2. Your mods don't feel like afterthoughts, they are cleanly integrated with the theme.

Keep up the great work!

#128 3 years ago

Production version wiring for the building:

Two connection points for easy plug and play installation.

The middle connection is so that the wiring can quickly be routed through the playfield (the IDC connector was a little more tedious on its own).

The IDC connects to an available 12V source in the backbox.

Instructions will be more clear with photos once I have them.

20200806_162059 (resized).jpg20200806_162059 (resized).jpg
#129 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

also interested in pipe mod with the green/pink slime.

Sweet! Thanks for the updates I'm in for:

1x Pipe Mod + Green Ooze
1x Turtles Selection Frame

#130 3 years ago

The first 28 people on the list have been sent PMs (if you believe you should have been in this first batch and I somehow missed it, feel free to let me know - NOTE: Some of the 28 were based on earlier PMs [up to post #23 here was counted toward the initial message list]).

Once I get a chunk of those orders shipped, I'll continue down the list and send more PMs at that time.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The first 28 people on the list have been sent PMs (if you believe you should have been in this first batch and I somehow missed it, feel free to let me know - NOTE: Some of the 28 were based on earlier PMs [up to post #23 here was counted toward the initial message list]).
Once I get a chunk of those orders shipped, I'll continue down the list and send more PMs at that time.

Good things come to those who wait. Mods look great.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Damn... 28th but not counting the PM’s hope for next batch!

#133 3 years ago

Some pipes, and a Building to test fit in a Pro are shipping out today. Will be printing Turtle Selection Bezels over the next couple days (and everything else to meet order demand). Mods for TMNT will ship as they're ready, rather than the "run" format I have for Elvira.

These pipes represent the final paint scheme intention, and while each one will be a bit different, these are a fair idea of what to expect.

EDIT: Added pipe and bezel instructions (super simple installation).

20200807_144631 (resized).jpg20200807_144631 (resized).jpg

TMNT pipe bezel installation (resized).jpgTMNT pipe bezel installation (resized).jpg
#134 3 years ago

PMs have been sent to those that got out today.

NOTE: While everyone in the first message batch is locked into the quoted $9.99 shipping on orders with the building, I've updated the shipping cost for the building to $11.99 for domestic orders as it was put into the Priority category.

Building for the Pro test should arrive on Monday, so hopefully I can report on fitment and have photos by Tuesday night.

Boxes for shipping buildings should get to me by Wednesday.

#135 3 years ago

I'm interested in the sewer pipe mod.

#136 3 years ago

Medisinyl's mods with SilverBall's green ooze plastics

20200803_154416 (resized).jpg20200803_154416 (resized).jpg
#137 3 years ago

Can you post a installed pic of the lighter blue building? Thanks definitely in on the pipe with green ooze

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Can you post a installed pic of the lighter blue building? Thanks definitely in on the pipe with green ooze

The first post has a couple photos with blue, and it's also blue in the video (final version would be less glossy though).

#139 3 years ago

May update this further if necessary, but here's the instructions for the building mod for now. I may decide to make a wrench for that front nut as the clearance is tight, but a wrench with a piece of tape beneath to hold the nut would work as well.

Otherwise, I managed to get nearly 40 pieces of the selection bezel printed over the weekend, and will work on that batch in the next couple days.

Unfortunately back down to 2 working printers, but have parts on the way to fix the 3rd (have broken the heating cartridge on it twice now, due to unintentionally spinning the hot-end when fixing a jam [seems something has changed with the transparent filament I use as both the fire PLA and green ooze PLA have been a challenge--breaking after or during every print--lost over 20 hours of a fire batch over the weekend :/ ]).

TMNT building installation (resized).jpgTMNT building installation (resized).jpg

#140 3 years ago

Suggestion to key post those install instructions for both the building and the pipe Very useful thanks for putting them together!

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Suggestion to key post those install instructions for both the building and the pipe Very useful thanks for putting them together!

I suppose that's a good idea (though I don't see how to do that).

Of course paper versions will be included with the mods as well.

#142 3 years ago

I’m in for a full set of whatever you make for the pro. You made Elvira amazing looking for us. Thank you!

#143 3 years ago

Hello Greg put me down for all 3 mods.Green ooz for the pipe mod
Thanks
Brian

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I suppose that's a good idea (though I don't see how to do that).
Of course paper versions will be included with the mods as well.

Looks like you need to PM robin to request permission to become a pinside editor to mark key posts. I learned something new today too as I wasn't aware of this requirement either
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/key-posts

#145 3 years ago

PRO fitment has been confirmed Thanks daveyvandy for being the guinea pig for it I do cut the right window a bit different for the PRO, as to better conform to its different ramp set-up.
IMG_20200810_160805 (resized).jpgIMG_20200810_160805 (resized).jpgIMG_20200810_160855 (resized).jpgIMG_20200810_160855 (resized).jpg

#146 3 years ago

Can you please confirm that I’m on your list for a clear pipe? I thought I marked interest very early on but I might not have been specific enough. Thank you.

#147 3 years ago

Love the building mod. Interestingly, I've not had any balls fly off where you've made the pipe mod. I have had them fly off the center ramp, or fly over the opto on the center ramp, when shot into it really hard. The building mod might help with this, especially if it had a bottom under the burning window.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can you please confirm that I’m on your list for a clear pipe? I thought I marked interest very early on but I might not have been specific enough. Thank you.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Looks like you're at post #45 (if you were somewhere earlier, let me know). I messaged a lot of people, and some of those will also have some wait (while I had some prepared ahead, the current paid TMNT orders alone will be nearly 600 hours of print time + prep,paint,wiring, etc.).

----

Hopefully I can keep everyone informed on progress through thread updates. As always, the support and patience is appreciated.

I'm doing everything simultaneously as I can, but the Elvira orders (amongst RZ and ACNC orders) have had up to 3 months of backlog, so I have to give some priority to those, but the TMNT mods are also getting daily progress and I'll get through everything as soon as I can (generally working 7 days a week on mods).

As noted before, the unusual demand is a good problem to have, but of course it's also stressful/difficult to navigate (as I do everything on my own, I'm hoping to keep excess PMs to a minimum to help streamline progress).

I'll be fixing my 3rd machine (again) soon, and looking to add a 4th (TMNT buildings have been slowing general part production down and seem to be quite popular).

EDIT: 4th printer on the way. As I often get asked what I use, I had completely upgraded all my machines earlier in 2020 to three CR-10 V2 machines, which have been great (used to use 2 original CR-10 machines and a Monoprice select V2, which all had many issues). Was hoping to get the V3 (adds direct drive) that was released not long ago, but I can't find anywhere that legitimately has it ready to ship, so the 4th is another CR-10 V2.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Looks like you're at post #45 (if you were somewhere earlier, let me know). I messaged a lot of people, and some of those will also have some wait (while I had some prepared ahead, the current paid TMNT orders alone will be nearly 600 hours of print time + prep,paint,wiring, etc.).
----
Hopefully I can keep everyone informed on progress through thread updates. As always, the support and patience is appreciated.
I'm doing everything simultaneously as I can, but the Elvira orders (amongst RZ and ACNC orders) have had up to 3 months of backlog, so I have to give some priority to those, but the TMNT mods are also getting daily progress and I'll get through everything as soon as I can (generally working 7 days a week on mods).
As noted before, the unusual demand is a good problem to have, but of course it's also stressful/difficult to navigate (as I do everything on my own, I'm hoping to keep excess PMs to a minimum to help streamline progress).
I'll be fixing my 3rd machine (again) soon, and looking to add a 4th (TMNT buildings have been slowing general part production down and seem to be quite popular).
EDIT: 4th printer on the way. As I often get asked what I use, I had completely upgraded all my machines earlier in 2020 to three CR-10 V2 machines, which have been great (used to use 2 original CR-10 machines and a Monoprice select V2, which all had many issues). Was hoping to get the V3 (adds direct drive) that was released not long ago, but I can't find anywhere that legitimately has it ready to ship, so the 4th is another CR-10 V2.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medisinyl-mods-tmnt-mod-development-thread-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.