(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,526 posts
  • 242 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#526 3 years ago

Is anyone making cabinet decals these days? I recently grabbed an MM and plan to do a full restoration on it and was hoping to find some quality decals.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sure, you can get them from multiple sources including directly from PPS / Bay Area Amusement. The RadCals from Micro are really beautiful and do reduce the amount of prep work you have to do so I'd suggest you consider them unless you're really going for an OG look and feel.

Thanks, when I went to PPS/Bay Area and searched under the game, I did not see decals. Marco didn't have them either. I will check out Mirco's.

1 month later
#536 3 years ago

Question for y'all, when my moat plunger ejects the ball it kind of comes out of the left lane like a stumbling drunk bumbling and bouncing all over the place. Is that normal? I can't tell if it's supposed to be like that or have more of a smooth roll. I honestly never got enough games in on another machine to have paid this much attention before.

#540 3 years ago

Thank you so much. I kind of thought it was an adjustment issue. This game has seen some plays and I feel like everything is just a little rougher on it than other MM's I played. All that being said, I am just so happy to have one.

I am hoping to do a top side tear down in a few weeks. I just bought a couple of flipper rebuild kits and some other bits. I keep debating a PF swap, but I would need to find an original PF. I am not to keen on these newer PF's. I ended up with a MBr and with under 1500 the PF is dimpled beyond belief. Glas that I went with the original MM for sure now.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Sounds intriguing, where does one purchase Kerry’s castle protector? The decal on the drawbridge now was supposed to be heavy duty and laminated, but it didn’t last long. The torn up decal is an eyesore on such an epic pin.

This I would love to grab one for when I do my PF teardown.

#551 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I was referring to the castle door decal that gets damaged by the ball. Does anyone sell a super heavy duty laminated decal or some such?

I am pretty sure you can just get some mylar for it.

#552 3 years ago

I keep going back and forth as to wether or not I want to shop out my MM or do a full PF swap. I figured I would put some feelers out here to see if anyone had a NOS original PF they may be willing to part with. I am a little hesitant to go with a newer PF. I have not been impressed by the clear on the products I have seen.

1 week later
#557 3 years ago

I have the gate installed on mine and hit it pretty consistently. It's not an easy shot akin to the Creature shot on MB. The first thing I would do is check the angle of your flippers and make sure they are aligned correctly. Take the rubber off, put a toothpick in the hole, the bat should rest against it.

Edit: I would add make sure the gate is installed correctly and allows the shot entry versus blocking it.

#560 3 years ago

Most of the castle parts are available at the usual suspects: Marco, PPS, Little Shop of Games, etc.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Thanks for the replies...here are some pics of my one-way gate. I’m not sure how easy it will be to make out, but the one farther view is from the flipper, and you can see that the angle needed to make that shot is impossible. The lower portion of the one-way gate is too long and there is not enough space between it and the rubber post at that angle to make it through. I have not been able to find any clear pics online to see if mine is set up incorrectly, but as it sits I will need to remove the gate to make it possible. Is there something that looks wrong with mine?
Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Thanks for the replies...here are some pics of my one-way gate. I’m not sure how easy it will be to make out, but the one farther view is from the flipper, and you can see that the angle needed to make that shot is impossible. The lower portion of the one-way gate is too long and there is not enough space between it and the rubber post at that angle to make it through. I have not been able to find any clear pics online to see if mine is set up incorrectly, but as it sits I will need to remove the gate to make it possible. Is there something that looks wrong with mine?
Thanks again!

It's installed incorrectly.

1 month later
#587 2 years ago
Quoted from Lanemeyer:

Turns out it's working correctly, no probs. Such a great game.. just need to try and beat the high score set by my wife.. and the kids knocked me out of the leaderboard completely

I bought my MM in December and I have barely turned on another game since, including MB. It's all I want to play.

1 month later
#596 2 years ago

Hi Everyone, I should be finishing up with my PF swap/restoration this week. I'll have some parts that I'll be letting go of to help recoup some of my costs. Basically when I do a swap or top side tear down I replace everything on my machines even if the original stuff was ok.

My original and decent PF great for restoration or as is.
Ramps (not moat) good condition, I didn't see any cracks, etc, but will give closer inspection later on this week.
Plastics good condition, one inlane was broken and I bought a replacement that I never installed.

Cabinet decals. I bought them from a collector, they were missing the coin door decal. I wasn't happy with the quality, but might be a good deal for someone if you only need one side or head decals, etc

I figured I would post here first before making an ad.

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Pulled a barbie doll toy out of the tower what actually goes there?
Plastic or decal.
Whatever it is I'm on hunt for the piece. This game has the upgraded acrylic backboard

Plastic.

IMG_7510 (resized).jpgIMG_7510 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#645 2 years ago

What is this drop dead foam that you speak of?

#651 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Hi, folks!
I'm doing a modded MM playfield that I want to screenprint on plywood and put on my wall as a decoration, and I was hoping some of you lovely people might help me. The resource I'm using for the vector file may be cropped -- there's no space to the left of the joust loop (what you see in the picture is my working margin). Just to clarify -- is the entire playfield framed with the usual black pieces of wood? Need to know how much space to leave.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

That left hand side has a metal guide that goes around that curve/Joust loop and to the end of the PF instead of the black frame. I am away for the day so I can't take any pics for you, but here are some pics of stripped PF from my FS ad. If I remember to when I get home this evening I'll take a few more of my semi populated PF.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116040

2 weeks later
#665 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Personally I think you are reading way too much into it. Payne sounds just like pain. pain in the ass, pain in the neck, king of pain. I think it was chosen for it's humoristic impact, not historical significance.

This

1 month later
#703 2 years ago

That's where a star post would go. I believe you remove it when you put the ball stop in.

#734 2 years ago

Hi Everyone, after months of waiting for the replacement for the defective ramps I received I have my MM back together. I sent my wireforms out to be rebrassed and received a diff set back (per the course). The one that were sent to me are missing this bracket that the clear plastic affixes to in the photo. In addition the chute seems to be straight horizontal and thus shooting the ball into the back.

Can anyone look at theirs and tell me if yours curves down towards the plastic ramp at all, and also does anyone know if the wireforms for the MMr are different than our standards? I'm thinking I may have gotten a set of MMr forms back instead.

IMG_7426 (resized).jpgIMG_7426 (resized).jpg
#736 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I recently bought a MM and I'm in the process of renovating it. This is what the end of my wireform looks like, no idea if that slope is correct or not but can't recall any balls flying into the backboard or such when I tested it before buying.
[quoted image]

Perfect thank you!

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Finally lit up the plastic covering the catapult
[quoted image]

I love it. Also why do they put the quote button so close to the downward vote button for the person beneath. Yeeesh.

1 month later
#823 2 years ago

It's been months since I finished off my PF swap, and I am only just now getting around to playing some games. Oh man, this is just nasty with the cleared PF. The ball spin and air balls are bonkers.

One area I am having some issues with is with the Merlin hole and multi ball. It announces "whatever" multi ball, but the balls are not being released from the trough. My DM did this and it was a bad trough PCB. It's clearly a breakdown in communication, I just wasn't sure where.

Also just now some wire guide thing just fell down from the castle area and now I can't shoot a ball through. Not sure what the heck it is, I'll have to look at the breakdown. I've never seen it before.

All in all not bad given a full swap.

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

There is a "one-way" wire guide that prevents the ball from going backwards through the castle. I had the problem I think you are describing. The ball will not go through to destroy the castle. This wire guide can get flipped past its stop then prevents the ball from going through the castle as it should. try to roll a ball through the castle by hand and see what it does.

Thank you! In the year I have owned it, it's never happened. I assumed it was part of the breakdown.

3 months later
#904 2 years ago

OK after many months of being away I am back to working out the bugs from my PF swap. I have two issues more issues that have arisen (one preexisting) that I was hoping folk could help me with.

Pre-existing: balls get trapped in between the Merlin hole and its front gate. The gate is one way and does not allow the ball to roll forward. Is this correct? If so is there anyway to fix this so I don't have to lift up the front of my cab to free the ball.

Post PF Swap: The catapult red target is almost impossible to hit now. I am guessing it's either the way I re-installed the metal brackets or that the catapult gate doesn't have enough clearance to allow the ball to roll freely in. A tough one to try to recreate to verify. Can anyone tell me if there are washers or anything under the gate.

Many thanks in advance.

2 weeks later
#929 2 years ago

OK, I hope these are my last two issues with this PF swap. As I mentioned above, I am having a difficult time hitting the red catapult target. I thought the wire gate was hitting the wireworm and not giving enough clearance, but that is not it. Maybe the post sleeve is too thick? t just hits that post and bangs off. My flippers are dialed in correctly.

My right ramp, repro is also not sitting correctly for the Damsel Save. It's as far off to the right as it can go, so I am at a loss. Has anyone else put in repro ramps and had this issue?

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg
#943 2 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'll have another look at the castle, I thought that was ok, given you could only really put it together one way.

I'll take some pics of that ball gate area again too. I candy tell you how much I appreciate your help and insight on this.

1 month later
#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

hello guys, do you have any advice on installing the mantis merlin hole protector ? After struggling to fit it in the hole it gives problems with the ball eject assembly... the plunger can't move all the way and hit on the protector instead than the ball it is very hard to bent...how did you install yours?? thanks

They are a PIA. I couldn't get mine in, I wrote and was told that you basically have to mangle them. At that point I gave up and tossed it in my parts bin. Good luck with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.