(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 6 years ago

It's a flasher. I never knew there was anything special about it.

http://pinballpro.net/shop/medieval-madness-dragon-lamps-mm-1/

1 month later
#114 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

so i hate the alternating troll modes: smack-a-troll, troll madness, etc. specifically when a troll pops up during play and knocks a ball into the glass. can't stand it. regular trolls is fine, since when they go down, they stay down. i don't see anywhere in the settings where i can disable just those things. i don't really want to completely disable them either. any thoughts?

What?? A good glass hit is the best!

Stop worrying and love the THWACK!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i forgot it's 2017. i meant to say, i scare easily. another example: i disable/disconnect all my knockers.

I admit, at home the knocker is a little much. But the chance of an airball or glass hit causing a break is basically zero so you don't need to worry. Besides, it keeps you on your toes!

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Finally in the club after a long wait. Found a very nice original, and it's cleaning up incredibly well!

Congrats!

1 week later
#132 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

pinbits plastic protectors set: are they oversized and extend passed the factory plastic? i tried to save money and bought a set off ebay and they are exact size; no protecting lip. not doing it for me.

Yeah, they're oversized by a bit.

1 month later
#143 6 years ago

Try emailing Pam... sometimes the website is a lil out of date.

2 months later
#159 6 years ago

You’d think this one might be busier with some restos and stuff, plus MMR crossovers (like myself) but not so much. To be fair the MMR thread has a lot of noob questions and LTG answers so if you already know your way around MM it gets a little old.

6 months later
#184 5 years ago

Reseat the USB cable coming out of the board in the back box.

#188 5 years ago

Awesome. Good to hear!

1 month later
#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One of my trolls is not registering hits at all. I took it apart tonight, reassembled, and no change unfortunately.
I have one of these extra trolls:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-21744
The connector is different though. It has a 3 pin, which I assume it for the remake.
Am I am to desolder the connectors, and then just solder the ones on from my broken troll?

Yep, should be the same part otherwise.

1 week later
#224 5 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Just bought this 1997 Williams original. But I keep losing the balls. Is there supposed to be a part here?
[quoted image]

Bahahahaha!! Assuming you're pulling our legs...

...and if you're not...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4 months later
#263 4 years ago

Illinois Pinball made a bunch of parts while they had the license. This is probably one of them. So it's most likely not strictly NOS as much as it's an old repro.

#265 4 years ago

I don’t remember there being any issues with the IPB playfields. Of course at the time it was live with what you got, touch up and clear, or get one of these... so who knows? Maybe they were just good by the standard of the moment.

3 weeks later
#281 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

If anyone is thinking about leaving the club I’ve got a Twilight Zone, Sopranos, and World Cup I would trade towards a MM. No not all of them.

You could probably sell the TZ and one of the others and easily have the cash for a NIB MMR?

1 month later
#298 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

On another note am I the only person that finds ‘Family Mode’ (Bad Language Bleeped) more funny

It’s always bleeped, I think family mode just takes out some of the more overtly suggestive princess comments. There is an uncensored rom out there but it’s not official.

#303 4 years ago

Just get them from Cliffy at Passion for Pinball directly. Pam never updates the pinbits site anymore.

#308 4 years ago

Nope. Cliffy and Pinbits are pretty tight.

7 months later
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Ok, I am confused and look to Pinside for wisdom and guidance (with my flame underwear on),
Does Williams (original) Medieval Madness have a Midnight Madness mode or not?
I have seen contradictions on this, so asking here.
I can't find anything in the manual about it.
Thanks heaps!

I don’t know if anyone ever answered this for you, but no, no Midnight Madness in MM.

6 months later
#505 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

BTW, I do know that everything in back box and most of the under playfield electronics are different. I’m just wondering how much that amounts to in terms of parts.

I’m sure anything is possible with enough time and money to apply but having had a OG MM and now a Remake, I think it would be a giant project with very little upside. Just sell your original and get a remake. They’re VERY different in how they work, you just end up with a similar result.

1 month later
#509 3 years ago

So original.

3 weeks later
#513 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

Is this for only original or remake or both?
Wondering what the difference is between all the versions.
Thanks

I don’t think this group cares. I have a remake LE and used to have an OG one and no ones asked me to scram, lol.

#518 3 years ago

The original release was the LE, they made 1000 and what you got was choice of rails and legs color, shaker motor, numbered apron and a discount on the color chip, for the same price as the Standard, and the Standard which is basically a faithful remake of a WPC95 Medieval but all new. Even tho they look alike tho they run on totally different hardware.

Now they do a “Classic” which is basically the Standard but it has some updates, and the Special which comes with the XL color Display. RGB GI and upgraded sound.

Check the link for all the deets.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

As for better well, if you like shiny things, the remakes with the XL display, RGB and topper are pretty slick. But if you just need the game they’re about the same, except ones old and ones newer and they both kick ass.

#520 3 years ago

Oh don’t be THAT guy.

#522 3 years ago

Okay, I can accept that but I gotta ask...what’s the difference? What are you possibly going to discuss that isn’t relevant? Unless you’re discussing wiring harnesses and the ins and outs of the WPC95 board set?

How funny a day ago I was saying how no one here was gonna be that way either, lol.

2 months later
#533 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

IN!!!
Picked this up last week, but finally have it shopped out and led'd. I still need to remove the side art blades (sorry, don't like em and the left one is a bit worn/torn).
Does anyone have the red colored trolls in their machine, I'm considering doing one red, one green. Other than that, 2 spotlights on lower playfield and that will be it for mods.
Game is an absolute blast...never played it before bringing it home [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous. Congrats!

1 week later
#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Winslow3000:

I get where you are coming from on an original vs. a remake. I have an RE, and I really miss the original voices and sounds. The RE is a great machine that I'll never sell, but not the same soul. I'd buy a copy of an original sound chip that works in the RE in a minute. The mod I am hoping for some day that I think will complete my package of the RE, Troll footlights and Color changing Ball Merlin, would be a "landing light strobe" activated when you launch the catapult.
- Scott

What do you mean original voices and sounds?

The RE runs original game code. They’re the exact same?

6 months later
#714 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I got my King Of Payne Topper to work interactively on My Williams Medieval Maddness. It has five circuits (right now). One GI circuit (red backround both sides) and four flasher circuits. The lightning flashers on the topper work when you hit castle. The left Topper Troll lights/flashes green when you use the left ramp and hit the left troll. The right Topper Troll lights green when you use the right ramp and hit the right Troll. The king glows/flashes blue when the medallion flashes. All of the topper flashers can flash at other times ( like when you smash the castle wall or destroy the castle) and their patterns change.

I know it’s like two months later, but that’s awesome!

1 year later
#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinminister:

Does anyone have a new shaker motor for an original Medieval Madness they would be interested in selling.
I believe the part number for this was A-19169-MM.
If so, let me know.
Thanks.

That’s a Marco part number it looks like. MM doesn’t have a factory shaker so this probably includes some kind of harness that runs it when the castle flashers go off. My buddy has one on his AFM and it’s cool but limited in its integration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.