(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,526 posts
  • 242 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 5 years ago

Quick question about MM playfields. I just picked up a MM, and it's evident that someone put in a new pf. There is a holographic sticker that says "Williams Authorized Replacement" and then some serial number starting with "PPS..." which I thought might be Planetary Pinball.

Does anyone know if this is a NOS or Mirco pf, or maybe something else?

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mirco is making the MM playfields.

Yes, I understand that. But, were there not NOS ones available, and if so, would they have had this sticker on them?

There is no "Mirco" stamp on the pf, so I am just wondering who manufactured this.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

If you post a pic of the shooter lane I can tell you if it is from me.
Regards,
Mirco

Here you go.

download_20181120_105450 (resized).jpgdownload_20181120_105450 (resized).jpg
#195 5 years ago

NOS playfields usually dont have the new holographic sticker on them. Rick got them recently to prove its a PPS/Williams approved product.
However its possible that someone stuck the sticker on an old playfield I guess.

Based on photo above, that shooter lane is looking a lot like a Mirco.

I'll wait for him to chime in.

1 week later
#197 5 years ago

One of my trolls is not registering hits at all. I took it apart tonight, reassembled, and no change unfortunately.

I have one of these extra trolls:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-21744

The connector is different though. It has a 3 pin, which I assume it for the remake.

Am I am to desolder the connectors, and then just solder the ones on from my broken troll?

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yep, should be the same part otherwise.

There is a diode on the broken one. Do I need to put a diode on the new part?

Or can I just solder the connectors to the lugs?

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then you have a problem elsewhere if your troll is wired right. A new one won't help.
Look at the switch matrix in your manual. A broken wire on the same row or column will kill other switches.
LTG : )

Everything else that is working fine. I took the troll apart last night, and the switch basically fell apart. I reassembled it, but now it's not registering hits at all.

Before I took it apart, it wasn't registering hits from that ball, but I could manually close the switch to register a hit.

I have a feeling it might be the troll that is the issue, so I'm going to take my chances putting the replacement in.

Any tips on how to get the diode onto the lug with the wire (since trying to do the diode after the wire usually just heats up the wire and it drops off).

Should I wrap wire around the lug, and the solder together with diode?

#204 5 years ago

Replaced the troll with my new one and everything now works perfectly.

Only issue now is I have one troll with lit eyes and the other without. What to do, what to do?

#206 5 years ago

I recall hearing someone say that there was swearing in the original game which was bleeped out in the remake. Is this true?

#215 5 years ago

Anyone have an original playfield for sale? Not looking for retro.

Please let me know.

#216 5 years ago

Does anyone have a shaker installed on their MM original?

Curious to know if it reacts like the MMR one? Does it go off during castle explosion? When trolls come out? Catapult launch?

Also, do you have to do any game software updating to run it?

Thanks

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Just bought this 1997 Williams original. But I keep losing the balls. Is there supposed to be a part here?
[quoted image]

Yup! You're missing the moat.

This is what you need:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-21703

If I'm not mistaken, you will need to change the wiring harness, as they're now making these to go with MMR. LTG can confirm this though.

1 week later
#229 5 years ago

Does only the right flipper scroll through the F-I-R-E and lane bonus inserts above pop bumpers?

Seems my game only allows me to scroll using the right, and the skill shot can only be done holding the left flipper down, and pressing launch.

I could swear my MMR letstyou do it with either flipper.

And lastly, when I start a multiball madness that includes trolls in it, the game flashes "danger" right as it launches the first ball. Doesn't seem to do this when the multiball is started without trolls.

Any thoughts as to what this might be?

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

You should be able to use both flippers, go to switch test, each flipper button should have two switches

You are absolutely right. The left flipper only triggers one switch in the testing. The right flipper triggers two.

Here's a photo of the flipper on the left side. Anything stand out as unusual from this photo?

Any suggestions on what I should look for to get both switches working on the left side?

IMG_20181224_144245 (resized).jpgIMG_20181224_144245 (resized).jpg
#235 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Replace the bad opto.
Tests - Switch Edge - Pass something between each opto one at a time to figure out the bad one.

Optos are fine. Figured out that when flipper is pushed, the two plastic legs that open and close the opto, where not coming out enough. I took it out shave it down a bit, and now it clears the opto path.

One problem remaining... The "danger" warning goes off every time I start Multiball Madness. I haven't had a chance to do much process of elimination, but I think it only happens when the multiball is started and troll and catapult are lit.

Seems kinda weird.

Anyone have ant thoughts on this?

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is it a tilt warning?

Yup. Flashes "danger" and the sound effect plays.

Only does it once. Seems to somehow be connected to Catapult, and goes off when this is lit when starting a multiball madness.

I took out the tilt Bob, and it still happens

One other strange activity I've noticed is that during Royale Madness, if you hit catapult, you get credited for the hot, and then get credited again when the ball launches out of the catapult.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Switch matrix issue. Something is wired incorrectly or a diode is backwards.

Hmmmm... I replaced one of the trolls with a newer one from the remake, so had to change wiring tonite, and put on a diode.

Could that be related to the catapult?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Wire in wrong spot or diode on backwards, or a short to wiring, can make weird switch matrix issues. Your tilt is on the switch matrix.
Compare to the other troll. White wire and black end of diode to a lug, green wire to a lug. Silver band end of a diode to a lug.

Pretty sure I did it right, but I'll pull it out when I have a chance and check. Right now, enjoying this new MET code

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If problem started right after that repair. I'd start there.

I really don't recall. The troll wasn't registering any hits, so I was more focused on that.

Is there any way to use a DMM to test if a diode is on properly?

I have the game in a part of my room where there ceilings are too low to fully raise the pf, but I'll pull it out when. I have some time (where I'd prefer fixing pinball over playing) and I'll see if I can figure out what is causing this.

The game still plays fine. It's just a bit annoying to keep getting that "danger" warning!

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Eyes work better. To get a DMM in there would be more work than looking at the thing and wouldn't say if you got the wires right. Look at the other troll or every stand up target in your game. White wire black end of diode there, green wire there, silver band end of the diode there. Same on every switch except the stripes on the wires may be different colors but the base color of white or green is the same.

What if the diode had a cold solder. Would it have this sort of issue potentially that I'm seeing? I was thinking the multimeter could be used just to confirm that it's connected. Would a simple continuity test tell me this?

And I will definitely use my eyes to check the orientation of these wires.

#249 5 years ago

LTG you were right as always!

Seems I put the diode on reverse. Can anything happen by playing it this way, aside from triggering the annoying"danger" on my tilt?

I'm planning to get it there and fix it up, but probably not for another few days.

Still ok to play it though?

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No damage on a switch like that - you are good to go.

so no damage could occur from this? I would just have the annoyance of it registering an error?

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes. The switch matrix is low voltage and the diodes are blocking to help the game know which switch is being used in the matrix without having to have an individual wire for each switch.

Awesome to know. Just learned something new

Thank you!

2 months later
#258 5 years ago

Planning to change lighting to LED, and wanted to know if other members used an OCD board, or had good luck just using non-ghosting bulbs?

4 weeks later
#268 4 years ago

The IPB ones are not as good as the new ones from Mirco.

Is there any way to tell if the playfield is an original?

I know Mirco has a "genuine replacement parts" hologram on the bottom, along with his signature shooter lane style.

Not sure if IPB marked theirs.

But did they original have any product codes or stampings to indicate they were original?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damien.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in?tu=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.