(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,506 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0855 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.02.56?AM (resized).png
IMG_1348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1346 (resized).jpg
IMG_1350 (resized).jpg
DSCN3314 (resized).JPG
DSCN3310 (resized).JPG
DSCN3309 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 5 years ago

Hey All,
I’ve only been in the club for some months (and a fair amount of that time was spent getting the game running - CPU board defective), but I’ve made a few small observations and wanted to know if these are supposed to be.

- During Match at end of game, 2 solenoids fire in the back left of the cabinet - one slightly before and one slightly after the arrow hits the target. I’d estimate it happens 9 from 10 times. Normal ?

- maybe a rules question - when hitting the orbits to collect joust victories, a hit to the orbit does not always advance the joust inserts. It seems like a real solid orbit shot which comes out the other side advances the insert, but weaker shots do not or if the ball gets diverted and lands in the pops it does not advance the insert. I also think sometimes I get two consecutive solid orbit shots, but it only counts as one. But completing the madness and getting the joust victory it’s often enough to get a weaker shot which stays in the pops. How is joust supposed to work?

Such a great game! Deserving of the hype. But why oh why does the ball always seem go into the Merlin scoop when I’m trying to complete all the Madnesses?

7 months later
#223 5 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Just bought this 1997 Williams original. But I keep losing the balls. Is there supposed to be a part here?

Oh come on, you are pulling our legs! And no you shouldn’t fill your cabinet with water to make a real moat !

6 months later
#304 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

I hope someone can advise. I'd say approximately 40%-50% of the time the moat kickout on my MM kicks the ball out and the ball hits the guide rail sending it hurtling SDTM and there is nothing you can do to save it. Really frustrating.

I put some o-rings over the coil plunger to shorten the plunger stroke and weaken the force of the coil to solve this problem. I think I had this idea from this thread, but I couldn‘t find it again after a quick search. I also did the same on the Merlin coil because the ball was always hitting the ramp and falling back into the saucer.

1 year later
#554 3 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

It’s called the castle front protector but I highly recommend the Merlin hole protector also

the Merlin Hole protector looks interesting. On my game, the ball frequently hits the bottom of the damsel ramp when coming out and falls back in the scoop. I‘ve bent the curved piece above the scoop, adjusted the length of the coil plunger (with washers), it’s a lot better, but it could still be improved. Does this Mantis product offer some advantages over the original construction.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#620 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Is there a NIB MM hiding anywhere?

Just out of curiosity - if you were to obtain said item would you leave it unopened in the box or would you unbox it and play it?

2 years later
#1247 9 months ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Strange thing started happening recently on my machine. At some point during a game, randomly it seems, the castle VUK will fire off twice in a row for no reason, and continue to do so every so often. Once this happens, the machine will start registering gate hits randomly anytime a coil goes off. Checked connections, optos are aligned, nothing weird shows up in switch test. Anyone have any ideas...been going on a month now and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. TIA

my experience is when strange things happen it’s because two exposed wires or connections are touching each other when they shouldn’t be. It’s generally happened after I’d repaired something and accidently touched something else and moved it slightly.

#1248 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

QUESTION GUYS/GALS: My original MM has zero featured lights working. The GI's are fine. I have tested the following:

is a “feature light” a lamp matrix light?

1 week later
#1256 8 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Got it installed on my friend's machine and it looks amazing!

does it bite?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 85.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.