(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Well, I have had the same pins for about 20 years, I’m not too worried about resale. Also, technically the conversion would be reversible.

I don’t think you realize that it’s not really possible, at least in a cost effective way. The electronics (all) are not compatible. The systems don’t work in the same way. You would need to change all the boards, power supply, wiring harness, and complete playfield lighting. Playfield mechs aren’t wired the same either. Your OG playfield isn’t drilled in the right spots for the CGC boards and lights as well. The machines may “look” the same but under the hood they are completely different. While you may be able to buy (not sure though) all the parts from CGC, it would most likely cost almost as much as buying a full machine.

5 months later
#562 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Thanks for the replies...here are some pics of my one-way gate. I’m not sure how easy it will be to make out, but the one farther view is from the flipper, and you can see that the angle needed to make that shot is impossible. The lower portion of the one-way gate is too long and there is not enough space between it and the rubber post at that angle to make it through. I have not been able to find any clear pics online to see if mine is set up incorrectly, but as it sits I will need to remove the gate to make it possible. Is there something that looks wrong with mine?
Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's on the wrong side. Should be in the catapult side not over the pf. Your whole bracket is reversed. Remove it, flip it 180 degrees, re-install.
C0BCFC84-7632-46CD-B0A5-45AA694F9FC1 (resized).jpegC0BCFC84-7632-46CD-B0A5-45AA694F9FC1 (resized).jpegFD50C892-6FC0-41E5-8F04-64F3BDDCB056 (resized).jpegFD50C892-6FC0-41E5-8F04-64F3BDDCB056 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#583 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It doesn't light during ball save timer, the Magic Shield insert flashes for that but it should light when you have an extra ball waiting for you.

make sure extra balls aren't turned off in settings.

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from Lanemeyer:

Thanks guys, I didnt realise about the ball timer thing, good to know.
Extra balls are turned on, I will check it again when an extra ball is ready.
Cheers

The extra ball insert will light in Merlin’s hole even if EBs are turned off. It awards points in that case.

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Lanemeyer:

Turns out it's working correctly, no probs. Such a great game.. just need to try and beat the high score set by my wife.. and the kids knocked me out of the leaderboard completely

Get to it!

2 months later
#640 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

recent addition - waited a pretty long time till a generous pinsider responded to me with an opportunity to purchase his original.
He had a lot of work done - redone PF , new mechs , powdercoat , etc.. I couldn't refuse.
I've added pin blades and flipper toppers and
am currently working on building a topper for it. hope to have it done within a few weeks
I really love the game. However, flippers are so strong that ball sometimes bounces off things and hits the glass or goes
through Merlin's Hole. Couldn't find any setting to lower the coil strength.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wms machines do not have flipper power settings. Looking at the pic though it seems that MM may not be at the correct pitch. It should be at 6.5 degrees. The difference in height(pitch) between IJ and MM is obvious. Same cabinets. They should be even at the front and back. The bubble level is usually useless.

If not at a high enough pitch the flippers will seem too strong. However the Merlin hole issue is a known fact on originals and remakes. Sometimes it just goes right through. It happens. It's a pinball machine, not a video game. there is variability in physical play/reactions.

100% repeatability is typically only achievable on the digital versions (like Pinball Arcade/Zen etc).

MM (resized).jpgMM (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#664 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipple:

Does anyone know the story behind the use of the name Payne in MM? Payne is said to come from the name Pagen and later Payen. Hugh de Payen was the name of the leader of the Knights Templar. Payne was surely chosen for its historical significance. The name came from France...

Personally I think you are reading way too much into it. Payne sounds just like pain. pain in the ass, pain in the neck, king of pain. I think it was chosen for it's humoristic impact, not historical significance.

1 month later
#705 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Just saw that there is going to be another run of MMr in early 2023!! I may finally be able to get my holy grail game!!

While I don‘t doubt they will make another run, their woeful ability to stick to timelines would make it more likely in very LATE 2023 or early 2024…. The REs were about 10 months behind the original schedule.

4 months later
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

When shooting the damsel ramp on occasion a deep base callout speaks..
Anyone have any idea what it is...
Can't hear it clear enough.

FATALITY. It's a reference to mortal kombat. Just like the damsel saying "SAVE ME" in a super high pitch voice is a ref to Dragon's Lair.

1 week later
#887 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so finding this game very tough to beat! What is a decent score for this game I average 40-90 million points in a game, feeling like I play forever and still cant get to the Final Kingdom Mode. by percentage my replay level is at 97 million.
any tips on gameplay to beat the King of Payne

Set the game to "award extra ball" for replay, 4 levels of replay (they auto adjust), and set extra balls to unlimited. This doesn't guarantee you will get to the end but there's a better chance. Go for the easy extra balls. 2nd castle, super jackpot in castle MB, 10 hurry ups, royal madness. I also focus on getting video mode lit for that EB as well. Keeping 2 troll bombs (if you get them awarded) makes BFTK easier. I often stack 2 EBs on ball 1 (2 castles and super jackpot). For Royal Madness I keep the trolls for a quick hit in case my timer is about to run out. i.e. aim for the harder shots first like the catapult, especially with the short ball save at the beginning.

My 1st replay level starts at 99M so I need a killer game anyway to get the EB advantage.

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

same boat .... actually funny that the high score was done Dec 2012 never beaten since....at 309 million !
frustratingly fun game !

I've had my game since June 2020. Took me about 9 months to get to BFTK for the first time(and fail). I play pretty much every day and got better at it.

In the 1.5 years of ownership I've gotten to BFTK about 10-12 times I'd guess. Beat it 5 times (3 in the last 6 months).

It does get easier with practice. I find it easier than melting the witch on WOZ or escaping Nublar on JP. It's hard for a WPC but easier than modern Sterns.

BTW my outlanes are stock setting (wide open).

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You had me until this, I thinking melting the witch is WAY easier than getting to, much less winning BFTK. That doesn't mean either is easy, but I can get to MTW pretty regularly.

Now that I think of it you're right. I don't play WOZ much so in reality I do get to BFTK more often than MTW but only because I don't play it lol.

I just don't play WOZ nearly as much as all the other games. I find it dark and clunky (but pretty to look at). My wife loves it so it's staying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.