(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Weirdest thing just happened... Was having a game and right in the middle of it, the power just went out.
I have it connected to a surge protector, and nothing else in the house went off.
Here's a video I took of what happens now when I turn it on:

Anyone know what this might be?

Maybe it tripped the 5v watchdog circuit?? This would look like someone turned the power off and back on again - is that what you saw?

Although it doesn't explain the DMD issue you are now seeing or the why it reset the game to factory settings

Do you have any other WPC-95 games? If so you can swap over components to help troubleshoot where the issue lies. It seems to me that the game powers on correctly but the DMD is having issues. Can you play a game and if so is the game play normal? First thing I'd suggest is reseating your cables, if no luck and you have another WPC-95 game I'd look at swapping your power driver board or cables associated with the DMD

#320 4 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have any other WPC-95 games. I knew I should have bought that Shadow!
I'll try reseating everything on the boards.
Is it worthwhile getting one of these in the future?
http://kahr.us/

They are great to have one on hand, but always good to resolve the underlying issue.

Play some games on the machine and see if it resets again - quite often this will happen if you double flip (ie hit both flippers at the same time) or it multi-ball. If you get more resets then you should firstly reseat your cables - I don't recall the specific cables for WPC-95 but you'll find plenty of references if you google "5v reset WPC-95", it'll also tell you how to troubleshoot if this becomes a persistent issue.

#322 4 years ago

I just turned the game on and it seemed to be fine. Played a quick game and when I got into multi-ball it crapped.out on me.
Then it started doing this, and allowed me to play:

I'd reseat all your cables and ribbon cables, and ensure any socketed chips are firmly pressed in.

So what actually happened in multi-ball? Did it reset (power off and then back on again) or just started the behaviour you've shown in the clip? The audio and video come from the same board on a WPC-95, but I'd start with your cables for now. Unless you are getting resets, I don't believe kahr's board isn't going to help fix this

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

can anyone tell me how many 1/2'' and 3/4'' pcb standoff spacers (the plastic ones) are used? I want to replace them all, but can't find a number. Thanks in advance!

Based on the IPDB Parts List:

9 x 20-9658-1 1/2" standoff
9 x 20-9658-2 3/4" standoff

Was this what you were after?

6 months later
#393 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m still having trouble with my trolls; they won’t pop up until I go in to test mode and let the CPU pulse them for about 20x each, once they pop out, they are good to go for the rest of the time I have the game on. The next time I turn the game on, I have to do the same thing.
Any help or ideas?
Something in the power supply or a capacitor??

I had this issue, for me it turned out to be the blue rubber stoppers the coil plungers sit on - they had deteriorated just enough to become slightly sticky and it was just enough to stop the plungers from lifting the trolls up. I personally didn't think this would be the issue but I swapped them out (I was out of ideas of what was causing the issue) and it fixed them. Worth a look anyway

1 month later
#403 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Found this plastic at the bottom of my Medieval Madness. Is is part of the game and where does it go if it is?[quoted image]

It goes in the top left hand corner, to stop ball hangs. The 90 degree corner goes into the corner, with the longer edge coming down the forward left hand edge

The first image is of a virtual pin, but it shows the plastic clearer than I can find on a real machine

MM1 (resized).jpgMM1 (resized).jpgMM2 (resized).jpgMM2 (resized).jpg
#409 4 years ago

Really like the custom paint job - the castle rocks! Well done

2 months later
#440 3 years ago

I would look at the edge of the PF as the originals will have manufacturer stamps and dates - such as CCC (Churchill) or maybe TAG (Thomas A Grant), LS (Lenc-Smith) or SP (Sun Process). I'm just not sure whether Churchill made all the original playfields or whether WMS commissioned PFs from several manufacturers (like they did earlier in the 90's but that was when they were making 12-20k machines of each game).

The reproduction playfields won't have the stamps on the edges and will more likely have a licensing sticker on the playfield on the apron area (as per the pics below)

MM PF1 (resized).JPGMM PF1 (resized).JPGMM PF2 (resized).JPGMM PF2 (resized).JPG

#444 3 years ago

This is the resting position of my castle door. I remember my MMr having the door up much more.
Can anyone tell me if it is supposed to be closed more, and how I can adjust it.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I suspect the drawbridge doesn't go up fully by design, as when in multiball you can actually get a ball caught between the portcullis gate and the drawbridge - so if the drawbridge was to go up fully it'd jam the ball and potentially damage the drawbridge gears or the portcullis. That said your drawbridge does seem to be much lower than mine - maybe it's been stripped and not aligned correctly when reassembled??

#449 3 years ago

From these pics, can you tell if it's an original NOS or repro?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not sure what the coloured thing is at the bottom right of the PF but it's the same as the repro PF Marco was selling (and it's not on the original PFs)

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/36-50059

MM (resized).pngMM (resized).png
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That 'colored thing' are registration and ink-level tests. Each of the spot colors on the playfield should be present, as well as set gradients - it's used to test the screens to make sure the screens are still useable. (i.e. If the 50% tone is too dark/light, something wrong and the field won't pass QA.)

Cool - always learning more and like how you and others share your wealth of pinball knowledge.

Thanks

#454 3 years ago

This is not a Mirco. He has that funny looking shooter lane. This may be IPB.

Yep Micro PF's have the Genuine B/W label in the bottom right hand corner and doesn't has the registration & ink-level test area that Coyote mentioned

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/medieval-madness-mirco-playfield

Edit:

Based off this For Sale thread https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/25906, I'd say the PF your pictured is an IPB

1 week later
#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Joined the club tonight with a very tired one. Needs a lot rebuilt and the cab could do with a freshen up too.
Still I’m stoked to finally own one and picking up monster bash at the same time was just an awesome feeling.
[quoted image]

Nice line up mate and welcome to the club!

5 months later
#512 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

Is this for only original or remake or both?
Wondering what the difference is between all the versions.
Thanks

CGC initially released the MMR (Standard) and MMR Limited Edition (LE) but more recently came out with the Classic Edition (CE), Special Edition (SE) & Royal Edition (RE). Below are the difference between the latest MMR versions. Note - the WMS original is similar to the Standard and Classic Editions (except these have colour DMDs) however the electronics between the MM and MMR are totally different

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#515 3 years ago

Thanks but what about the standard and LE? 8 don't see any info on that?
Which one is better to get? I know the royal will have all of everything but cost wise? Color extra sized screen is nice so maybe the least expensive one with that XL display?

Not sure if there is a matrix comparing the original CGC MMR (Std & LE) features against the new releases (CE, SE, RE) - however only the newer SE and RE have the XL displays. Also if you want NIB then you can only get the 3 new releases (I think they are still available).

Here is the differences b/n the Std and LE models

LIMITED EDITION (LE)
Includes Shaker Motor
Gold or Black or Silver Trim
Double Playfield Hard Coat
Limited to 1000 Games
Game # & Plaque
Finished Backbox Edges
Plywood Bottom (stronger more solid)

STANDARD (STD)
Shaker Motor at optional Cost
Silver Trim
Double Playfield Hard Coat (this was a change for STD)
Not Limited
No Game # or Plaque
Unfinished (as original) backbox Edges
Original MDF Bottom

As to which one is better - it really depends what you like ... for me it's the WMS MM because I love the original machines.

#517 3 years ago

Ems referring to original williams?

Yes

WMS = Williams

1 month later
#525 3 years ago
Quoted from freshjive:

Hello everyone, does anyone have a Merlins magic wire gate / form they could get me some dimension for?
I cannot find one in Canada and it will take weeks to get one into Canada so I figured I could build one in the mean time.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,

Here you go - measurements are in mm. The left arm (17mm) is at an angle, going behind the bracket leg - this is what makes it a one way gate

I don't believe my wire is original however the shape is the same as the repo ones for sale

Merlin's gate wire (resized).JPGMerlin's gate wire (resized).JPG

Merlin's gate (resized).JPGMerlin's gate (resized).JPG
#529 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thanks, when I went to PPS/Bay Area and searched under the game, I did not see decals. Marco didn't have them either. I will check out Mirco's.

https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/medieval-madness-cabinet-art-set/

1 month later
#537 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Question for y'all, when my moat plunger ejects the ball it kind of comes out of the left lane like a stumbling drunk bumbling and bouncing all over the place. Is that normal? I can't tell if it's supposed to be like that or have more of a smooth roll. I honestly never got enough games in on another machine to have paid this much attention before.

I get some some variation on the VUK, mostly clean ... sometimes slower such that it doesn't have enough momentum to push the orbit switch down (needs a nudge); and other times it comes out so fast it bounces off the orbit ball guide and go SDTM (those I'm not so keen on). 9 out of 10 times I can just catch the ball on the left flipper.

Maybe just check the coil sleeve and the top of the plunger armature

1 month later
#570 3 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

My drawbridge often doesn't close all the way. It will stay about an inch from closing. I noticed there is a lot of slop/play in the linkage between the door and motor. Is this normal? Am I missing a piece or something? I didn't see anything in the manual but the pieces are pretty small. Possibly an up/down switch adjustment?

[quoted image][quoted image]

I thought much the same when I first got my MM however there is the potential during multiball to destroy the castle and get another ball caught between the portcullis (the castle gate) coming down and the drawbridge going up - I've had it happen to me. You then have a mild panic as you see the drawbridge closing on the ball and wondering whether it's going to bust anything. Hence, I believe this is the reason that the drawbridge is designed this way and doesn't close fully due to the slop/play in the mech, as if it did and there was a ball trapped then there is a high chance that something would break.

2 months later
#592 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just coming into the Club Tuesday...
Many years to get here , can't wait .
First ?
The brass lockdown bar and side rails is that OME ?

OEM?? No the original machine came with the standard stainless steel finish

mm (resized).jpgmm (resized).jpg
1 month later
#654 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

finally finished my topper. Trying to make it look a bit similar to the one in the game.
castle front and moat lighted. Dragon lights when making the "damsel" ramp on the right (and at other times),
trolls I hooked up to light individually as the left or right troll pop up.
** Special thanks to Chris (aka Mr_Tantrum) who made printed via 3D my windows, skulls, shield, gate and drawbridge,
and the best one of all - the blue moat and brick surrounding it! He made my 3D flipper covers. He is a perfectionist to say the least.
The youtube video is just to show the effects a bit - sorry for the poor video (holding phone whilst triggering PF for effects)
may still be in the SD quality - (not sure when or how to get HD)

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool - well done! Love the dragon and the lighting - looks awesome!

1 week later
#667 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

My ball guide below the exploding castle is missing the one-way wire gate that should be there to prevent the ball going back out again.
I've tried to find the part number for it but I can't seem to find it at all when searching at https://www.moll.no/pinball/jsparts/MM.php
The wire gate is supposed to look like this:
[quoted image]
I did find this picture but that part number doesn't seem to be used at all for MM:
[quoted image]
I tried bending a wire gate myself but failed as the wire I had available was too thick and didn't fit the existing holes in the ball guide (and I dont want to drill in the metal to enlarge the holes).
I've searched Marcos, PPS and the other big part sellers but haven't found it there.
Anyone know the correct partnr, or even better, could provide me a link with a shop selling it, that would be great.
Thanks

The wire is 12-7385.1 and is part of the Ball Guide #8 assembly (A-21736). PPS have the ball guide #8 bracket (04-10757.3) but unfortunately doesn't have the wire listed, nor does any other pinball supplier.

I used the parts list from ipdb.org to find it, as it shows the hierarchy of the assemblies/components. Note that 12-7385.1 doesn't have the best description to help you find it when using https://www.moll.no/pinball/jsparts/MM.php

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from Skhantom2:

thanks. It seems to be working now, but tibia strange since I did nothing to solve the issue…

Just ensure the switch's actuator wire is not getting snagged on the edge of the slot in the PF - my orbit switches can occasionally not register a shot, it's just a matter of adjusting the switch position or the wire itself.

1 month later
#788 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Ok, I'm wrong and right. You DO have the hex post (shared with habit rail) but missing the ball hangup protector plastic parts I linked earlier.
Pic from before my teardown.
[quoted image]

Interesting - mine doesn't have it either. Of course I'm now going to get a ball hang there ... Do you know the part number for the metal bracket and plastic?

EDIT - oops, just saw them in your earlier post (thanks for posting these)!

Also your plastic above the wings (to stop hangs) should be turned 180 degrees, so that the protruding piece blocks gap above the claw. Not sure if you addressed this in your rebuild

MM dragon plastic (resized).jpgMM dragon plastic (resized).jpg

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

When new from Williams and CGC, pointy end goes to the rear.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Yes mine was originally that way, which always seemed weird to me as to why the plastic was shaped that particular way, yet it doesn't sit nicely on the wings and the protruded plastic doesn't serve a purpose. When I saw pics (possibly on Pinside) of it around the other way I tried it on mine and it snugly fits into place and the protrude plastic serves a purpose. I suspect that this was how it was originally designed however somewhere between design and manufacturing it's intended position was lost - pure speculation on my behalf

#800 2 years ago

I've had it land on top of the castle but not the dragon - I'm guessing there's a fair bit of variability because of the trolls popping up and potentially launching air balls

2 weeks later
#817 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

A bit of a BW obsession

Nothing wrong with that

Is that the complete WPC collection?

1 month later
#827 2 years ago

I've got a drawbridge issue that I'm trying to troubleshoot - in test mode if I run the drawbridge test it intermittently works. Checking the output voltage from the Motor Driver EMI board to the motor I get 13V (12V Unreg) which drops to 1.5V when the motor runs (or should run). Sometimes the motor will run as expected however other times it fails to turn - yet a gentle turn of the pinion gear on the motor will start the motor. Here is video of the issue showing the motor failing to start properly 3 times but then correctly starts on the 4th time - the voltage drop seems to be consistent regardless whether the motor starts or not - is the issue the motor or on the EMI board?? Any suggestions or tests I can do to determine where the issue is? Thanks

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you have a color DMD in the game ? If so unplug power to it and play the game blind. See if that helps your 12 volts.
LTG : )

No ColorDMD or other mods ... and I haven't done any work recently on the machine. Re-seated the Power Driver board 12v connections to the PF and checked the voltage at the Power Driver board and the Motor EMI board - both are showing just over 13v

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Do you have a bench 12VDC supply sitting around you can test the motor with? Based on your results I suspect the motor is bad, does the brige run up and down smoothly when it does run? Nothing binding or making it harder than it should be for the motor to turn?

I don't believe the mech is binding as the drawbridge smoothly moves up & down and I can spin the motor gear relatively easily but will inspect the mech a bit closer. I ran a power separate connection from J138 direct to the motor EMI board, with the same result so confirmed the issue is not upstream. While I don't have a proper bench 12VDC supply I should be able to set up something suitable to directly test the motor. Thanks for your help - much appreciated

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Do you have a bench 12VDC supply sitting around you can test the motor with? Based on your results I suspect the motor is bad, does the brige run up and down smoothly when it does run? Nothing binding or making it harder than it should be for the motor to turn?

Thanks bobukcat - I picked up a bench DC Power Supply to make my life easy and confirmed the motor doesn't always turn when powered on, yet the gears move easily and the gate smoothly moves up & down. Luckily a couple of the local pinball suppliers have the motors in stock, so I'll throw one in and see how it goes.

3 weeks later
#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I was checking the power supply voltage on my MM Royal remake so I can install Pin Monks cooling fans.
I’m getting 10.5 out of both V+ terminals. Can someone check their power supply and see what you are getting? The power supply is adjustable and I’m not sure if there is a reason it’s set so low from the factory. CGC seems to be closed for the holiday…

This thread is more the original B/W MM - probably better to ask on the MMR owners thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed

2 weeks later
#848 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Just became the new ruler yesterday. I’ve been close before and choked destroying the castle.
I find it odd when I am out of town for a week many times my first game back is good. That’s what happened.
Hoping to do it again soon love this game!!

I've not yet battled the kingdom but willing to give your technique a try lol

Congrats!! I think you need to go out of town more often

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

FATALITY. It's a reference to mortal kombat. Just like the damsel saying "SAVE ME" in a super high pitch voice is a ref to Dragon's Lair.

Dan Forden who did the music and sound design for MM, was also the composer for the music and sound effects in Mortal Kombat. You can also get a "Toasty" callout on the right ramp as well

The "Fatality" references (Mortal Kombat was owned by B/W/Midway) also appears in other machines such as CFTBL and WCS94

1 week later
#879 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Are these roms the old ones ? do i need to put new ones?
And does it make a lot of difference if i change them?
Thank you[quoted image][quoted image]

They are the official releases - there is a 1.09 unofficial release (home use only - free play) on IPDB that provides the below fixes

Changes since version 1.0:

This game is now configured for an 8 meg ROM.

When a troll was hit during the smack-a-troll grace period,
the state of the rule was not being reset properly. This has
been corrected.

Video mode now takes precedence over smack-a-troll when
both are qualified to start from Merlin's Magic (Smack-A-Troll
is qualified at Merlin's Magic after Super Jets is started
for the third time).

When smack-a-troll finishes, the total points scored for the
feature are displayed.

Video mode lamp effect now displays the shoot again lamp, so
the player gets some feedback when he/she collects the video
mode extra ball.

Scored Merlin targets now carry over from ball to ball.

Added a cheer sound to the High Score display effects.

The 1 coin buy in adjustment no longer appears in the pricing
adjustment menu.

Changed the video mode cow qualification count (launching
the cow from the catapult) from 3 to 2.

Troll lock and troll eject combo awards (the ones that award
troll bombs) were being given out during multiball. This has
been corrected.

The High Score title for the multiball madness champion was
being plotted incorrectly. This has been corrected.

Ball search of the tower lock post was causing switch hits
(and thus, awards) on the tower exit switch when a ball was
stuck in the tower area. This has been corrected.

Fixed a bug in custom message that would cause some messages
to be displayed incorrectly.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

Great!! i wil order one. Do you know where in the bach box it goes?
And i saw allso 5 sound roms( S2 to s6), it's beter to change all of them i think, right?
Thanks for the quick help

No the Sound ROMs haven't changed from 1.0 that you already have.

The games ROM chip that you'll change on the CPU board (lower left side of the backbox) will be labelled and easily identifiable. It's chip G10 on page 2-8/2-9 of the manual (you can download the manual from IPDB)

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Pre-existing: balls get trapped in between the Merlin hole and its front gate. The gate is one way and does not allow the ball to roll forward. Is this correct? If so is there anyway to fix this so I don't have to lift up the front of my cab to free the ball.

Yes it's a one way gate. I'd adjust the gate such that when it is down there is less room between the gate and the saucer hole.

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Post PF Swap: The catapult red target is almost impossible to hit now. I am guessing it's either the way I re-installed the metal brackets or that the catapult gate doesn't have enough clearance to allow the ball to roll freely in. A tough one to try to recreate to verify. Can anyone tell me if there are washers or anything under the gate.
Many thanks in advance.

There's no washers under the gate bracket but post a pic of the catapult area and maybe another with a ball positioned under that gate such that we can compare it to our games or maybe pick something up that is not correctly installed.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Question, I have an MMR LE and noticed that the coin door lights are really dim. I replaced them with Comet LED bulbs but then they dont work. I put the others back in and they work but are very dimly lit. Is this normal? Are all the Remakes this way?
Thank you for any help

This thread is more focused on the original B/W MM - might be worth asking on the MMR owners thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

My MMR LE seems to be missing the gate in the Joust lane. (Pic below)
It does not appear to effect game play. What is its purpose? I do not see (or am just missing it) anything in the owners manual…
[quoted image]

That just blocks balls that don't make the ramp coming make down and going SDTM. It forces those balls to the right side of the ramp such that they return to the flipper

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from patje:

When playing, i can go up the right ramp and save " the prinses". But one time, the right ramp was open
to save the prinse, i shoot the ball to the right to the jets and on the screen it said that i saved her ...without
going on the ramp. Is that possible or is there something wrong?

Another possibility if you can't find a switch registering when bumping the PF as per bobukcat's suggestion, would be you may have a shorted switch diode causing multiple switch triggers. To test this, go into switch test mode and trigger each switch on the right orbit (lower & upper), the roll-over lanes at the top and pop bumpers switches - watch the switch matrix display on the DMD to see if when triggering a single switch whether multiple switches are showing up on the display. Switch 58 is the Damsel switch in the tower.

2 weeks later
#935 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

OK, I hope these are my last two issues with this PF swap. As I mentioned above, I am having a difficult time hitting the red catapult target. I thought the wire gate was hitting the wireworm and not giving enough clearance, but that is not it. Maybe the post sleeve is too thick? t just hits that post and bangs off. My flippers are dialed in correctly.
My right ramp, repro is also not sitting correctly for the Damsel Save. It's as far off to the right as it can go, so I am at a loss. Has anyone else put in repro ramps and had this issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

Is the gate wire hitting the plastic where the red arrow is? One way to confirm this would be to remove the wire from the gate to see if the issue is associated with the wire or the something else as you are now suspecting. Also looking closer at that pic where the green arrow is, is that cover a separate piece of plastic (not part of the original plastic)?

MM catapult (resized).jpgMM catapult (resized).jpg

Here is a pic of mine which show a very different plastic set up - see the gap from the gate to the plastic to allow the gate to swing up out of the way

MM Catapult (resized).jpgMM Catapult (resized).jpg

Also here is my damsel alignment - definitely looks like your damsel and tower are rotated (note how my damsel is square on to the front of the game)

MM Damsel (resized).jpgMM Damsel (resized).jpg

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Last picture, I like the plastic used here for ball deflections lol! It's real purpose is to be installed between the dragon wings.

LOL yes I noticed that having taken the photo - and here's me thinking that my game was missing that plastic (I just needed to look for it elsewhere). It's not the one that goes between the wings, but between the dragon and the wireform (based on what others have posted)

MM dragon (resized).jpgMM dragon (resized).jpg
#948 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Is the correct color for the pop bumper ring black?

That's what is listed in both the manual and the parts list; and also what's on my machine

03-6035-7 wafer-jet bumper black

#953 2 years ago

Got any pics and details on how you connected up the lighting?

1 week later
#971 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

Believe is somehow related to latest actions I did with the machine ...

Which were??

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

.. and gently pushed ASIC / U20 chip / Game rom on CPU board.
This I believe ,, Gr, Hans

Arhh sorry - now I understand.

Quoted from Hans_Saris:

Yesterday my flippers and trolls did not work anymore. Checked fuses, reseated some connectors ... and gently pushed ASIC / U20 chip / Game rom on CPU board. Flippers and trolls working again, but do have a new issue now

The trolls use the upper flipper circuits, so that explains why both of those stopped working as they are related.

When you reseated some of the connectors, have you misaligned the ribbon cable as it is easy to do?

If you go into switch test mode, what switches are closed on the DMD display? Also test all your switches, are they activating correctly or are you getting either multiple switches being activated or are switches activating multiple times?

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

1) Does a green moat look better than clear moat?

Green suits the game and looks much better

4 weeks later
1 week later
#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Just finished putting the Royal addition topper on my original MM machine. Had to do a few additional modifications to fit it correctly, but I think it turned out great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't have toppers on any of my machines but think this looks great - really tempted!! Damn you!

Oh and the fact that we'll be able to integrate the lighting using stumblor new boards might me what pushes me over the edge ...

1 month later
#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, the drawbridge of my recently acquired original mm starts to behave badly ( basically stuck half lifted and never go flat anymore ) I see there are different options of “improved assy” on the market ( one at Marco one at mantis ) which are two good names, any advice?
https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-castle-gate-upgrade/
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22033-M
Also does changing the motor will do any good? Pandora box offers a new redesigned board is it useful?
https://www.pindorabox.com/product/medieval-madness-drawbridge-motor-board-2/
Notice this is the 12th pinball in my collection and I have almost fully fixed a TZ a ToM and a Woz ( hard ) so you can go technical

WMS changed the drawbridge mech design during production with the newer design being easier to access/repair/replace the motor & gears (both are detailed in the manual). Not sure the improved “thicker” portcullis/gate repro design is necessarily needed for home use, it’d depend upon the condition of yours as to whether to replace.

I’d suggest inspecting where/why the drawbridge is get stuck - you can disconnect the drawbridge from the gearbox shaft and move it by hand. This will help determine if a mechanical issue with the actual drawbridge or with the motor/gears. I’d suspect damage to the bottom actual drawbridge from the ball

7 months later
#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

All done and beautiful. Lots of little custom things...catapult plastic..never liked the overly bright yellow or the basket ball!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work Kurt - looks fantastic!

3 weeks later
#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from usul27:

Why not get one from the MMR?

Is it predrilled and dimpled the same as the original or would you need to make a template off the old one to convert the MMR PF?

1 month later
#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It’s rubbing bad enough to scrape the paint and put a rub mark.
I’m thinking I may need to put in something to spread the cab apart a tiny bit

I’ve seen a post where someone put a washer on the cabinet bolts the PF sits on. The washer sits between the PF bracket and the cabinet, in doing so it slightly spreads the cabinet. The thicker the washer the more the spread however you would be applying a horizontal force on the PF bracket and screws that hold the bracket to the underside of the PF, so I wouldn’t be trying to spread it too much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in?tu=Manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.