(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Because I hate it when people don't post solutions....
The new troll ramp flaps with installed decal from Marco came in. I couldn't really test the thickness of the current flaps without taking them off, what a pain in the ass these things are to work with.
I broke out the caliper and the flaps on my game of unknown origin were consistently .1mm thicker than the flap with pre installed sticker I got from Marco. And the new flaps made all the difference in the world. The ball was getting air off those and hitting the standup targets high, and that was catapulting them into the air in all kinds of crazy ways.
Also, if you have a restored or cleared playfield, especially if you wax like I do, you might have to move down a color in flipper strength and also down in sling strength. I still get airballs off the targets, but I have new ones coming along with new pieces of foam backing which I'm confident will fix the few airballs I still get.

I have a mirco playfield, the perimeter mylar under the troll covers, I did my own artwork for the Troll decals and then covered them with mylar to protect the ink. No air-balls here.

The only air-balls I get is off the left troll target, sometimes it launched under the catapult wireform, put n extra rubber here which resolved this.

I did have to modify the mirco playfield slightly before installation.

Made an indent on the left hand side to accommodate the lane guide as the whole left hand side was flush.
Also sanded the launch lane groove to the correct length which gives a more consistent launch and less rattling around in the launch lane.

2 weeks later
#352 4 years ago

1 week later
#353 4 years ago

Ok, I am confused and look to Pinside for wisdom and guidance (with my flame underwear on),

Does Williams (original) Medieval Madness have a Midnight Madness mode or not?

I have seen contradictions on this, so asking here.

I can't find anything in the manual about it.

Thanks heaps!

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Ok, I am confused and look to Pinside for wisdom and guidance (with my flame underwear on),
Does Williams (original) Medieval Madness have a Midnight Madness mode or not?
I have seen contradictions on this, so asking here.
I can't find anything in the manual about it.
Thanks heaps!

I've read that it does, have always meant to set the time on mine to see it but have never done so. I have NVRAM and no batteries in mine so playing it actually at Midnight (which I've certainly done many times but not specifically on purpose to see the mode) doesn't really work.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've read that it does, have always meant to set the time on mine to see it but have never done so. I have NVRAM and no batteries in mine so playing it actually at Midnight (which I've certainly done many times but not specifically on purpose to see the mode) doesn't really work.

Thanks I wanted to find out before I put NVRAM in it. I don't wish to disable a great mode!

Remote battery holder until I find out.

#356 4 years ago

So putting in NVRAM kills the Midnight Madness mode in any of the games that it features in?

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So putting in NVRAM kills the Midnight Madness mode in any of the games that it features in?

Nvram doesn't kill the mode, it just doesn't keep track of time when you turn off the machine.
So after a while you have no idea when the machine thinks it's midnight and the mode will start.

Example: set the time, turn the machine off at 4pm. Next day at 10am switch on machine, it'll think it's 4.01.

#358 4 years ago

Oh that’s fine, I don’t play at midnight so a random time is probably better for me

3 weeks later
#360 4 years ago

Was playing a short while ago and having a really good game....Started BFK and got 3 castle gate hits from completing, drained SDTM and I was bit bummed out......Still had 1 ball left to play and went about trying to see how many points I could get out of the game. Then low and behold something happened that I completely forgot about BARNYARD MULTIBALL.
What fantastic fun!!!!!
Made me feel redeemed after failing BFK. Ended up with my 3rd highest score and wanting to go back next time and try again for Barnyard MB.
I plan on keeping this machine forever.

80F22124-A27B-4FE1-B9F8-B9E99AF1DDB5 (resized).jpeg80F22124-A27B-4FE1-B9F8-B9E99AF1DDB5 (resized).jpeg
#361 4 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Was playing a short while ago and having a really good game....Started BFK and got 3 castle gate hits from completing, drained SDTM and I was bit bummed out......Still had 1 ball left to play and went about trying to see how many points I could get out of the game. Then low and behold something happened that I completely forgot about BARNYARD MULTIBALL.
What fantastic fun!!!!!
Made me feel redeemed after failing BFK. Ended up with my 3rd highest score and wanting to go back next time and try again for Barnyard MB.
I plan on keeping this machine forever.[quoted image]

Awesome!

#362 4 years ago

Does anyone need a castle "front"? My MM came with a new one stashed inside the cab, and I don't think this machine needs it. PM me if interested.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone need a castle "front"? My MM came with a new one stashed inside the cab, and I don't think this machine needs it. PM me if interested.

PM is sent.

#364 4 years ago

New to the club. What do you guys do to brighten up the playfield? I'm going to put 2smd comet LEDs into the GI, but I don't think that's enough. Are pin stadiums my only other option? Maybe add a spotlight or two?

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

New to the club. What do you guys do to brighten up the playfield? I'm going to put 2smd comet LEDs into the GI, but I don't think that's enough. Are pin stadiums my only other option? Maybe add a spotlight or two?

Going from incandescent to LED on the G.I. and some of the feature lamps will brighten things up quite a bit. I also added one spotlight to the top of the right slingshot. Spot light is shining to center of playfield. I believe that pin stadiums would look great but I did not go that route yet.

1 week later
#366 4 years ago

Finally getting some time to shopped out my orginal MM HUO machine that a bought a few months ago. Man this game is clean for an orginal..

0492028F-1868-415A-B827-E8ED54838DD6 (resized).jpeg0492028F-1868-415A-B827-E8ED54838DD6 (resized).jpeg45E2FE29-EEB4-47E1-8C9D-A6B62E543404 (resized).jpeg45E2FE29-EEB4-47E1-8C9D-A6B62E543404 (resized).jpeg50BB45AE-375E-46AB-8CD0-27717E3024DE (resized).jpeg50BB45AE-375E-46AB-8CD0-27717E3024DE (resized).jpeg
#367 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Finally getting some time to shopped out my orginal MM HUO machine that a bought a few months ago. Man this game is clean for an orginal..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice MM. Rare find.

#368 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a new apron with the original MM decal on it?

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Nice MM. Rare find.

Thanks! Yeah drove about 10hrs round trip to get it. Guy said he bought it from his friend when it was about 6months old and he’s owned it ever since only pinball the guy ever owned.

#370 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra of the plastic circled in the attached picture? I'm flexible on condition as long as its not broken. PM me if you have one (and your shipped paypal price), thanks!

mmplastic (resized).pngmmplastic (resized).png
#371 4 years ago

Where can I find that light up wizard mod at? or any other good mods for this game.. Thanks!

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where can I find that light up wizard mod at? or any other good mods for this game.. Thanks!

There are quite a few threads with mods... Here is one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-mods-post-them-here#post-3259773

or Search MMr, madness, medieval, etc

#373 4 years ago

Just finished shopping my MM out and I have a plastic I can’t recall where it goes. Any help? Thanks!

On a side note I added some spotlights to highlight the castle, dragon, and playfield. Definitely brightens up these areas well.
08B6AD92-273B-4E06-B2B3-80D6BE2BB85E (resized).jpeg08B6AD92-273B-4E06-B2B3-80D6BE2BB85E (resized).jpeg51EEEDCC-5C8D-4829-B671-68853E60340C (resized).jpeg51EEEDCC-5C8D-4829-B671-68853E60340C (resized).jpegEEDAC4D6-7462-42D3-98B4-9F46CA5EDFA7 (resized).jpegEEDAC4D6-7462-42D3-98B4-9F46CA5EDFA7 (resized).jpeg

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just finished shopping my MM out and I have a plastic I can’t recall where it goes. Any help? Thanks!
On a side note I added some spotlights to highlight the castle, dragon, and playfield. Definitely brightens up these areas well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your picture isn't the greatest but that looks like it might be the one that goes over the Dragon to prevent an air-ball from getting stuck on it's back.

#375 4 years ago

It goes under the Dragon wing, between the wire form and body of dragon.

77BFA587-CB04-4DCC-9B23-1686FEECA9E6 (resized).jpeg77BFA587-CB04-4DCC-9B23-1686FEECA9E6 (resized).jpeg
#376 4 years ago

Thanks guys that will be an easy plastic to put back.

#377 4 years ago

Anyone know how to fix this?

Turned it on and for the first ball there was no sound at all. Then the sound kicked back in on the second ball and every game I play the sound seems to be fine but I keep getting this error message.

IMG_20200119_002400 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_002400 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_002936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200119_002936 (resized).jpg
#378 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know how to fix this?
Turned it on and for the first ball there was no sound at all. Then the sound kicked back in on the second ball and every game I play the sound seems to be fine but I keep getting this error message.[quoted image][quoted image]

Try reseating the ribbon cables if you have not already done so.

#379 4 years ago

I was doing some searching on how to close the gap on the drawbridge. One thread said there was a method of using zip ties, but it didn't give details and I can't seem to find any more info. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I was doing some searching on how to close the gap on the drawbridge. One thread said there was a method of using zip ties, but it didn't give details and I can't seem to find any more info. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-gatemedieval-madness#post-3701634

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Try reseating the ribbon cables if you have not already done so.

Thanks so much! It's working again. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Is it advised to just replace the ribbon cables?

#383 4 years ago

Thanks so much! It's working again. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Is it advised to just replace the ribbon cables?

Usually if you can reseat them and the problem goes away, then they will continue to work fine. Only really need to replace them when they are damaged or reseating them no longer works.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Usually if you can reseat them and the problem goes away, then they will continue to work fine. Only really need to replace them when they are damaged or reseating them no longer works.

Noob question... Why would they not be able to be reseated?

#385 4 years ago

Noob question... Why would they not be able to be reseated?

The connector can get work down so it is no longer able to make a good connection. It is also possible for damage to happen inside the cable where even with perfect connections, the wires inside are damaged and not able to work anymore.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

The connector can get work down so it is no longer able to make a good connection. It is also possible for damage to happen inside the cable where even with perfect connections, the wires inside are damaged and not able to work anymore.

Interesting.

Do any of the pinball stores online sell a full set of ribbon cables? Or do I have to go an individually find each one?

#387 4 years ago

Interesting.
Do any of the pinball stores online sell a full set of ribbon cables? Or do I have to go an individually find each one?

You should be able to find places that sell full kits. Wpc95 or Wpc.
In the case or Medieval Madness you will need a Wpc95 kit.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:Interesting.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RC1471

#389 4 years ago

Hi all
For those that have put leds in your machine, has anyone tried a color in the gi castle base area? I was thinking of trying green or just white
Any thoughts?

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all
For those that have put leds in your machine, has anyone tried a color in the gi castle base area? I was thinking of trying green or just white
Any thoughts?

Yeah my old one had green and it looked decent. My new MM has mainly white and I also put several spot lights on the castle and an led strip all from comet to brighten the castle up. I just posted pictures of mine last week to show the spot lights I installed. On a side note I might add a green strip inside the mot area of the castle.

#391 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a unused NOS pf? If you have one you're willing to sell, please PM me.

#392 4 years ago

I’m still having trouble with my trolls; they won’t pop up until I go in to test mode and let the CPU pulse them for about 20x each, once they pop out, they are good to go for the rest of the time I have the game on. The next time I turn the game on, I have to do the same thing.

Any help or ideas?
Something in the power supply or a capacitor??

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m still having trouble with my trolls; they won’t pop up until I go in to test mode and let the CPU pulse them for about 20x each, once they pop out, they are good to go for the rest of the time I have the game on. The next time I turn the game on, I have to do the same thing.
Any help or ideas?
Something in the power supply or a capacitor??

I had this issue, for me it turned out to be the blue rubber stoppers the coil plungers sit on - they had deteriorated just enough to become slightly sticky and it was just enough to stop the plungers from lifting the trolls up. I personally didn't think this would be the issue but I swapped them out (I was out of ideas of what was causing the issue) and it fixed them. Worth a look anyway

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks guys that will be an easy plastic to put back.

Leave the top plastic protector off.
There is a post about this in the MMr topic.
I have never had a ball get stuck on top of the dragon.
Might be worth trying because it looks better with the protector off.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I had this issue, for me it turned out to be the blue rubber stoppers the coil plungers sit on - they had deteriorated just enough to become slightly sticky and it was just enough to stop the plungers from lifting the trolls up. I personally didn't think this would be the issue but I swapped them out (I was out of ideas of what was causing the issue) and it fixed them. Worth a look anyway

thank you, Ill drop new ones in and check back in!

#396 4 years ago

Putting my machine back together, which pop bumper cap does the cut pop cap sit on? Which way does it face?
Thanks

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Putting my machine back together, which pop bumper cap does the cut pop cap sit on? Which way does it face?
Thanks

images (54) (resized).jpegimages (54) (resized).jpeg
#398 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

[quoted image]

Fantastic thanks!

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Leave the top plastic protector off.
There is a post about this in the MMr topic.
I have never had a ball get stuck on top of the dragon.
Might be worth trying because it looks better with the protector off.

I removed my plastic over the dragon as well. Thought that a ball could never get caught up there... Well Just 2 days ago a ball got stuck up there during Troll madness. A ball was on top of one troll that was down as another ball hit the Troll that was up and launched the other ball up as the trolls switched duties and low-and-behold the ball got stuck on the dragons back. Still leaving my dragon plastic off though.

#400 4 years ago

Made me a new Merlin

IMG_3414 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3414 2 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.