(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 31.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Still ok to play it though?

Okay to play. Won't hurt anything. Might see an occasional switch matrix error like a switch register you didn't hit.

LTG : )

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

LTG you were right as always!

Was there ever a doubt?

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No damage on a switch like that - you are good to go.

so no damage could occur from this? I would just have the annoyance of it registering an error?

#254 5 years ago

Yes. The switch matrix is low voltage and the diodes are blocking to help the game know which switch is being used in the matrix without having to have an individual wire for each switch.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes. The switch matrix is low voltage and the diodes are blocking to help the game know which switch is being used in the matrix without having to have an individual wire for each switch.

Awesome to know. Just learned something new

Thank you!

#256 5 years ago

I have been enjoying my MM for a few years now, great game and never seem to get sick of it.
Well before the remakes were mentioned, I had trouble paying the massive asking prices here in Australia so I built one instead.
Plenty of others have done it now too but was a fun project.
Was a WCS94 (playfield was toast), modified the BB to suit the WPC95 spk panel and loaded it with WPC95 board-set and presto!

IMG_20190106_154518 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_154518 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_154526 (resized).jpgIMG_20190106_154526 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#257 5 years ago

Hello guys! I need a replacement for the drawbridge motor board. Do you know if the MMR version is compatible with the original MM? I have bought the one on this website but noticed only after the payment that it is for MMR..

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/medieval-madness-remake-motor-driver-board.html

Thanks for your help!

2 months later
#258 5 years ago

Planning to change lighting to LED, and wanted to know if other members used an OCD board, or had good luck just using non-ghosting bulbs?

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Planning to change lighting to LED, and wanted to know if other members used an OCD board, or had good luck just using non-ghosting bulbs?

I have put LEDs in mine with no OCD board and they look fine, no flicker or issues that annoy me. I used mostly 2 smd super brights.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I have put LEDs in mine with no OCD board and they look fine, no flicker or issues that annoy me. I used mostly 2 smd super brights.

Same here. I have LED's without OCD board and have no issues. I tend to blend Comet 1 SMD, 2 SMD and incandescent to suit my tastes on all of my WPC pins. 1 SMD warm white being most widely used......don't typically care for lots of bulb color matching on inserts.

2 weeks later
#261 5 years ago

If you are thinking about leaving this club I have a project Indiana Jones Williams that I would trade for a project or player condition machine Medieval Madness. PM for details.

#262 4 years ago

Quick question... Considering buying a new pf and found out it is NOS and made by Illinois Pinball.

I thought Churchill was making these back in the day?

Can anyone shed some light?

#263 4 years ago

Illinois Pinball made a bunch of parts while they had the license. This is probably one of them. So it's most likely not strictly NOS as much as it's an old repro.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Illinois Pinball made a bunch of parts while they had the license. This is probably one of them. So it's most likely not strictly NOS as much as it's an old repro.

Thanks for replying.

Can any comment as to the quality of these compared to original playfields.

#265 4 years ago

I don’t remember there being any issues with the IPB playfields. Of course at the time it was live with what you got, touch up and clear, or get one of these... so who knows? Maybe they were just good by the standard of the moment.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Thanks for replying.
Can any comment as to the quality of these compared to original playfields.

The IPB ones are not as good as the new ones from Mirco.

#267 4 years ago

Come play MBR, AFMR, and MMR at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

CBE4014F-F4A8-4A00-858C-6F157030C19D (resized).jpegCBE4014F-F4A8-4A00-858C-6F157030C19D (resized).jpegFDBFEB56-B242-4AD2-B48C-3F35BEB56978 (resized).jpegFDBFEB56-B242-4AD2-B48C-3F35BEB56978 (resized).jpeg53E04038-2455-40B3-96B7-97B06C6C7023 (resized).jpeg53E04038-2455-40B3-96B7-97B06C6C7023 (resized).jpeg
#268 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The IPB ones are not as good as the new ones from Mirco.

Is there any way to tell if the playfield is an original?

I know Mirco has a "genuine replacement parts" hologram on the bottom, along with his signature shooter lane style.

Not sure if IPB marked theirs.

But did they original have any product codes or stampings to indicate they were original?

#269 4 years ago

Finally finished with my mods for my mmr. Green leds in front and behind castle wall, flickering leds in all castle windows (I cut them out) Led Merlin, led troll eyes, led damsel, blue LEDs over lightning sky, cliffys, trough led, pinstadium, Williams sticker under display etc.

31C54BD8-0B5E-4FFA-9F3E-B6DEC5570E25 (resized).jpeg31C54BD8-0B5E-4FFA-9F3E-B6DEC5570E25 (resized).jpeg4442F777-58EE-448F-99FD-CFC9DF96BF5D (resized).jpeg4442F777-58EE-448F-99FD-CFC9DF96BF5D (resized).jpeg354B9B2E-F2EF-4BF9-A6C6-521C67B024C6 (resized).jpeg354B9B2E-F2EF-4BF9-A6C6-521C67B024C6 (resized).jpeg3B05E998-C764-4B7D-AB07-B75F1B9BDEA2 (resized).jpeg3B05E998-C764-4B7D-AB07-B75F1B9BDEA2 (resized).jpeg92B7A931-C939-462D-ACA6-C8253EA62045 (resized).jpeg92B7A931-C939-462D-ACA6-C8253EA62045 (resized).jpeg969A74DD-B0CA-45B2-BF84-14ABC36732DA (resized).jpeg969A74DD-B0CA-45B2-BF84-14ABC36732DA (resized).jpegF9AB5D2F-3566-431E-B42F-230F1D9525E8 (resized).jpegF9AB5D2F-3566-431E-B42F-230F1D9525E8 (resized).jpeg
#270 4 years ago

Ipd put in the unused insert lower left bottom, I never did. Shooter lane pattern will look different as well.

Regards,
Mirco

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Finally finished with my mods for my mmr. Green leds in front and behind castle wall, flickering leds in all castle windows (I cut them out) Led Merlin, led troll eyes, led damsel, blue LEDs over lightning sky, cliffys, trough led, pinstadium, Williams sticker under display etc.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks...... Terrible

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

That looks...... Terrible

It's got to look better in person.
Cell phone cameras dont take good led pics.

#273 4 years ago

Looks great...nice work. I like how you have lit up merlin

Quoted from cconway84:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#274 4 years ago

It's got to look better in person.
Cell phone cameras dont take good led pics.

cameras take fine pics if you know how to use them. If you give the camera crap light, its gonna be a crap picture.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

cameras take fine pics if you know how to use them. If you give the camera crap light, its gonna be a crap picture.

I've noticed that if I take pictures of leds with my phone they look glowy and dont look the same as in person.

#276 4 years ago

I've noticed that if I take pictures of leds with my phone they look glowy and dont look the same as in person.

Learn to use the camera/phone properly.

2 weeks later
#278 4 years ago

I'm in!

#279 4 years ago

Well, the door was open ... so c'mon in!
Welcome

#280 4 years ago

If anyone is thinking about leaving the club I’ve got a Twilight Zone, Sopranos, and World Cup I would trade towards a MM. No not all of them.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

If anyone is thinking about leaving the club I’ve got a Twilight Zone, Sopranos, and World Cup I would trade towards a MM. No not all of them.

You could probably sell the TZ and one of the others and easily have the cash for a NIB MMR?

3 weeks later
#282 4 years ago

Anyone know if these ramps will work with original MM?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-21701

Connectors appear to be newer MMR style?

LTG ??

#283 4 years ago

Connectors appear to be newer MMR style?

Those are not 'original' style for sure.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Those are not 'original' style for sure.

Anyone know if they can be converted by changing the connector?

#285 4 years ago

No reason you couldn't. looks like all mechanical switches and regular lamps.

#286 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me who sells moats that are closest to the original? I've seen plenty of places, especially here in Germany, that sell versions that are either some weird poisonous greenish tone, look nothing like the original, are clear or whatever. I'd be happy to buy an original one in good shape too.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

Can anyone tell me who sells moats that are closest to the original? I've seen plenty of places, especially here in Germany, that sell versions that are either some weird poisonous greenish tone, look nothing like the original, are clear or whatever. I'd be happy to buy an original one in good shape too.

PPS has them, and they look exactly like stock. Only thing is they have the new CGC connectors on them.

I'm waiting to hear from LTG to see if these connectors can be converted, as I want to change my ramps.

#288 4 years ago

PPS has them, and they look exactly like stock. Only thing is they have the new CGC connectors on them.
I'm waiting to hear from LTG to see if these connectors can be converted, as I want to change my ramps.

So they're actually MMR moats? I'd like to keep the original green but without any extra coating on the bottom. AFAIK the MMR ones come somewhat coated on the bottom (for LED flasher diffusion(?))

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

So they're actually MMR moats? I'd like to keep the original green but without any extra coating on the bottom. AFAIK the MMR ones come somewhat coated on the bottom (for LED flasher diffusion(?))

Didn't look like it to me. I have an extra moat somewhere. If I can find it, I'll take a photo for you.

#290 4 years ago

I think I'll just go with the MMR moat, because it seems the best quality wise. If anyone has managed to add a resistor to reduce the 22V from the original flashers to 12V and feels like sharing the solution, that would be great. Also I'd appreciate some info on whether the switch connector is compatible out of the box.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

I think I'll just go with the MMR moat, because it seems the best quality wise. If anyone has managed to add a resistor to reduce the 22V from the original flashers to 12V and feels like sharing the solution, that would be great. Also I'd appreciate some info on whether the switch connector is compatible out of the box.

I doubt it is. I replaced one of my trolls with an MMR one, and I had to swap the connector with the old one (just snipped it off, and soldered it to the new assembly). I'm guessing that the moat and ramps would be the same, but I trust nothing until LTG says it's so

1 week later
#292 4 years ago

New MM Owner in the UK here! Picked it up yesterday

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#293 4 years ago

Beautiful! Restored?

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Beautiful! Restored?

Partly, where needed. It’s got new decals, new legs, new coin door, new ramps, colordmd and upgraded speakers.

Where can I get a protector for Merlin’s scoop please?

#295 4 years ago

Cliffy most likely. But you might them at Marco or Pinbits also.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Cliffy most likely. But you might them at Marco or Pinbits also.

Pretty sure Cliffy doesn’t do this specific protector.

On another note am I the only person that finds ‘Family Mode’ (Bad Language Bleeped) more funny

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Partly, where needed. It’s got new decals, new legs, new coin door, new ramps, colordmd and upgraded speakers.
Where can I get a protector for Merlin’s scoop please?

There are 2 protectors for the merlin hole, one is a Mantis, the other is a Pinbits. I have both installed. Mantis is the curved one shown at this link, and sits inside the hole, not sure if they sell it separate from the kit shown, you can email Kerry about that. The mantis protector needs 2 newly drilled holes underside of the playfield. I pre-drilled the holes, sightly less diameter than the screw so the playfield wood would not crack.:

https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-protector-set/

The Pinbits merlin protector sits on top of the playfield and uses existing screws.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=186

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

On another note am I the only person that finds ‘Family Mode’ (Bad Language Bleeped) more funny

It’s always bleeped, I think family mode just takes out some of the more overtly suggestive princess comments. There is an uncensored rom out there but it’s not official.

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

There are 2 protectors for the merlin hole, one is a Mantis, the other is a Pinbits. I have both installed. Mantis is the curved one shown at this link, and sits inside the hole, not sure if they sell it separate from the kit shown, you can email Kerry about that. The mantis protector needs 2 newly drilled holes underside of the playfield. I pre-drilled the holes, sightly less diameter than the screw so the playfield wood would not crack.:
https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-protector-set/
The Pinbits merlin protector sits on top of the playfield and uses existing screws.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=186

Most helpful. The one Pinbits sell is the one I'm after. Does it negatively affect the hole from a game play perspective?

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from acidburn:

Most helpful. The one Pinbits sell is the one I'm after. Does it negatively affect the hole from a game play perspective?

When installed properly (flush with PF) no it won't

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/6?hl=damien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.