*-*Medieval Madness Owners Club*-*-> The door is open ... c'mon in !!

(Topic ID: 72263)

*-*Medieval Madness Owners Club*-*-> The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 66 days ago by Pinhead1982
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7A03CCB0-D18F-43D6-9A6A-7A74853F3CCE (resized).jpeg
DCD363AC-DABA-4296-B6A6-294CD49A54BA (resized).jpeg
BC6EA4FF-ABE5-46F4-89F5-985B59670E29 (resized).jpeg
8B3333A4-343F-48EB-899E-2BCB4B2FAEEF (resized).jpeg
5C989882-636A-4036-987C-F7C65B0F422A (resized).jpeg
mm-posts (resized).jpg
IMG_0307 (resized).JPG
mm right popper fix (resized).jpg
mm right popper (resized).jpg
MM02 (resized).JPG
MM03 (resized).JPG
MM01 (resized).JPG
74D7C14C-4A94-4081-AC9A-56322B3EB226 (resized).jpeg
AA0A78C5-3873-43E2-9D1E-9FE1F57BBA46 (resized).jpeg
793A49A0-0E9B-461C-AC31-F5877938D4C1 (resized).jpeg
52997553340__27E9B981-5A33-4787-92BE-14FFFE62DA84 (resized).JPG

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 months ago

New owner - my left jouster has some wear from the moat kick-out.

Does anyone have a hi-res scan of this area?

It was posted a while back in the PF repair thread but link is now broken.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Is there an online database of scans?)

1 week later
#152 5 months ago

Merlin popper issue

Hi guys, during multiball the right popper (merlin) often ejects the ball with such force that it hits the bottom of the ramp and sometimes even bounces back into the popper hole.

During normal play it works fine, but during multiball it seems to have so much more power. I am worried that over time it will damage the ramp.

Does anyone else have this issue? and is there a fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mm right popper (resized).jpg

#153 5 months ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Merlin popper issue
Hi guys, during multiball the right popper (merlin) often ejects the ball with such force that it hits the bottom of the ramp and sometimes even bounces back into the popper hole.
During normal play it works fine, but during multiball it seems to have so much more power. I am worried that over time it will damage the ramp.
Does anyone else have this issue? and is there a fix?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem Fixed

mm right popper fix (resized).jpg

#154 5 months ago

good find.

2 weeks later
#155 4 months ago

Hey guys, I was hoping someone might know if there is somewhere you can still get the Jets arrow overlay for the right orbit? Marco is out of stock and I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-14D

#156 4 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Hey guys, I was hoping someone might know if there is somewhere you can still get the Jets arrow overlay for the right orbit? Marco is out of stock and I can’t seem to find one anywhere.
Thanks for any help.

Give the guys over at Treasure Cove a call. They helped me out with a MB overlay a couple of years ago. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

1 week later
#157 4 months ago

Well after a very long wait, my MM finally arrived from the States.
I bought it from a really accommodating member here on Pinside.
Converted it to Aussie power,tweaked a few things here and there and have been playing the hell out of it.
What a wicked game,great flow, great toys ,great call outs and great fun.
Now , to pimp it out,yeah
Some Titans, a good strip and clean and some Chrome rails,Door,back box hinges and lock down bar, some Target decals,new instruction cards.
Will post some pics when I get started, but having too much fun, just playing it at the moment.

1 week later
#158 4 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is the ONLY mm club, the other one is for mmr junkies, I can hardly believe it's such a low frequency topic

Me too, thought this would be a much bigger thread.

#159 4 months ago

You’d think this one might be busier with some restos and stuff, plus MMR crossovers (like myself) but not so much. To be fair the MMR thread has a lot of noob questions and LTG answers so if you already know your way around MM it gets a little old.

#160 4 months ago

Hi guys,
wondering you guys that have owned MM for a while now,how many times you have got video mode?
Have you saved all the children??
How many never have got video mode?

#161 4 months ago

I get video mode about half the time, get a replay off of it about half of the time and have saved all the children 4-5 times I would guess. Be sure to have the latest ROM version as earlier versions did not save the lit targets to get Merlin's magic from 1 ball to the next. I have only gotten barnyard multi-ball twice ever. It is by far the hardest multi-ball to get on any machine that I have played.

#162 4 months ago
Quoted from richyrich:

I have only gotten to the video mode once and I failed miserably. Very hard (in my book) to get the video mode, but oh so satisfying to do so! Still waiting on those pics Richy!

#163 4 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have only gotten to the video mode once and I failed miserably. Very hard (in my book) to get the video mode, but oh so satisfying to do so!

Same here , I cc’d my playfield and made my game so fast. One day it will bend to my will

#164 4 months ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Hi guys,
wondering you guys that have owned MM for a while now,how many times you have got video mode?
Have you saved all the children??

I get video mode roughly 10% of games played. Saved all the children 4 or 5 times in over 15 years of owning MM. Have never saved all the calves.....maybe one day it will happen.

#165 4 months ago

Hey All,
I’ve only been in the club for some months (and a fair amount of that time was spent getting the game running - CPU board defective), but I’ve made a few small observations and wanted to know if these are supposed to be.

- During Match at end of game, 2 solenoids fire in the back left of the cabinet - one slightly before and one slightly after the arrow hits the target. I’d estimate it happens 9 from 10 times. Normal ?

- maybe a rules question - when hitting the orbits to collect joust victories, a hit to the orbit does not always advance the joust inserts. It seems like a real solid orbit shot which comes out the other side advances the insert, but weaker shots do not or if the ball gets diverted and lands in the pops it does not advance the insert. I also think sometimes I get two consecutive solid orbit shots, but it only counts as one. But completing the madness and getting the joust victory it’s often enough to get a weaker shot which stays in the pops. How is joust supposed to work?

Such a great game! Deserving of the hype. But why oh why does the ball always seem go into the Merlin scoop when I’m trying to complete all the Madnesses?

#166 4 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

- maybe a rules question - when hitting the orbits to collect joust victories, a hit to the orbit does not always advance the joust inserts. It seems like a real solid orbit shot which comes out the other side advances the insert, but weaker shots do not or if the ball gets diverted and lands in the pops it does not advance the insert. I also think sometimes I get two consecutive solid orbit shots, but it only counts as one. But completing the madness and getting the joust victory it’s often enough to get a weaker shot which stays in the pops. How is joust supposed to work?
Such a great game! Deserving of the hype. But why oh why does the ball always seem go into the Merlin scoop when I’m trying to complete all the Madnesses?

My MMr has the same behavior on the joust lanes... the ball has to be moving at a decent clip. If it sort of barely dribbles through the loop it won't advance the count.

MM is such a great game. I love the strategy and choice to tackling this game. I often times will use multiballs to smash the castle repeatedly vs. going for jackpots. Stacking multiballs and hurry ups is great too. Doubt this game will ever leave my collection!

3 weeks later
#167 3 months ago

Feeling really stoked this evening. I've owned MM for about 15 years. Only the 2nd time that I won BFK.

What an awesome machine that Williams produced back in 1997

IMG_0307 (resized).JPG

#168 3 months ago

That is Awesome to hear! I almost let my whole collection of 17 games go last year and I pulled the plug at two remaining. MM and SS. The rest went out the door! I am sooooo glad I kept it!

3 weeks later
#169 75 days ago

Minor facelift... All new star posts and then clear silicon rubber today!

mm-posts (resized).jpg
#170 74 days ago

Yeah I like the clear ones. I used them on my Monster Bash. I did a couple of lite up LED star posts on MM. They have a nice cool glow.

#171 74 days ago

Went with clear silicon everywhere except blue flipper & post rubber. Love it.

5C989882-636A-4036-987C-F7C65B0F422A (resized).jpeg8B3333A4-343F-48EB-899E-2BCB4B2FAEEF (resized).jpegBC6EA4FF-ABE5-46F4-89F5-985B59670E29 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#172 66 days ago

Bump for a PF scan of the left (blue) jouster?

#173 66 days ago

Gave my MM a wax today, plays super fast & smooth!

Need to get the ramps replated in Gold, but don’t want to take the ramps off and be without it for 3weeks

7A03CCB0-D18F-43D6-9A6A-7A74853F3CCE (resized).jpegDCD363AC-DABA-4296-B6A6-294CD49A54BA (resized).jpeg
#174 66 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Gave my MM a wax today, plays super fast & smooth!
Need to get the ramps replated in Gold, but don’t want to take the ramps off and be without it for 3weeks

YOU MIght see if pinballplating has a set ready to go, you might be able to cross ship and only be down a week

#175 66 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

YOU MIght see if pinballplating has a set ready to go, you might be able to cross ship and only be down a week

Not a bad Idea, I was looking at this, but by the time I pay postage, then pay $165, postage and Import tax it’s cheaper to get them done over here. I use a company that do a great gold finish and looks the nuts!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 86.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 9.10
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.95
Boards
PinSound
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
€ 40.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
€ 3.70
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 35.00
Electronics
Ewe22 Security PIC Chips
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside