(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,506 posts
  • 239 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0855 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.02.56?AM (resized).png
IMG_1348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1346 (resized).jpg
IMG_1350 (resized).jpg
DSCN3314 (resized).JPG
DSCN3310 (resized).JPG
DSCN3309 (resized).JPG

There are 1,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.
#151 6 years ago

New owner - my left jouster has some wear from the moat kick-out.

Does anyone have a hi-res scan of this area?

It was posted a while back in the PF repair thread but link is now broken.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Is there an online database of scans?)

1 week later
#152 6 years ago

Merlin popper issue

Hi guys, during multiball the right popper (merlin) often ejects the ball with such force that it hits the bottom of the ramp and sometimes even bounces back into the popper hole.

During normal play it works fine, but during multiball it seems to have so much more power. I am worried that over time it will damage the ramp.

Does anyone else have this issue? and is there a fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mm right popper (resized).jpgmm right popper (resized).jpg

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Merlin popper issue
Hi guys, during multiball the right popper (merlin) often ejects the ball with such force that it hits the bottom of the ramp and sometimes even bounces back into the popper hole.
During normal play it works fine, but during multiball it seems to have so much more power. I am worried that over time it will damage the ramp.
Does anyone else have this issue? and is there a fix?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem Fixed

mm right popper fix (resized).jpgmm right popper fix (resized).jpg

#154 6 years ago

good find.

2 weeks later
#155 6 years ago

Hey guys, I was hoping someone might know if there is somewhere you can still get the Jets arrow overlay for the right orbit? Marco is out of stock and I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-14D

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Hey guys, I was hoping someone might know if there is somewhere you can still get the Jets arrow overlay for the right orbit? Marco is out of stock and I can’t seem to find one anywhere.
Thanks for any help.

Give the guys over at Treasure Cove a call. They helped me out with a MB overlay a couple of years ago. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

1 week later
#157 5 years ago

Well after a very long wait, my MM finally arrived from the States.
I bought it from a really accommodating member here on Pinside.
Converted it to Aussie power,tweaked a few things here and there and have been playing the hell out of it.
What a wicked game,great flow, great toys ,great call outs and great fun.
Now , to pimp it out,yeah
Some Titans, a good strip and clean and some Chrome rails,Door,back box hinges and lock down bar, some Target decals,new instruction cards.
Will post some pics when I get started, but having too much fun, just playing it at the moment.

1 week later
#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is the ONLY mm club, the other one is for mmr junkies, I can hardly believe it's such a low frequency topic

Me too, thought this would be a much bigger thread.

#159 5 years ago

You’d think this one might be busier with some restos and stuff, plus MMR crossovers (like myself) but not so much. To be fair the MMR thread has a lot of noob questions and LTG answers so if you already know your way around MM it gets a little old.

#160 5 years ago

Hi guys,
wondering you guys that have owned MM for a while now,how many times you have got video mode?
Have you saved all the children??
How many never have got video mode?

#161 5 years ago

I get video mode about half the time, get a replay off of it about half of the time and have saved all the children 4-5 times I would guess. Be sure to have the latest ROM version as earlier versions did not save the lit targets to get Merlin's magic from 1 ball to the next. I have only gotten barnyard multi-ball twice ever. It is by far the hardest multi-ball to get on any machine that I have played.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

I have only gotten to the video mode once and I failed miserably. Very hard (in my book) to get the video mode, but oh so satisfying to do so! Still waiting on those pics Richy!

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have only gotten to the video mode once and I failed miserably. Very hard (in my book) to get the video mode, but oh so satisfying to do so!

Same here , I cc’d my playfield and made my game so fast. One day it will bend to my will

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from richyrich:

Hi guys,
wondering you guys that have owned MM for a while now,how many times you have got video mode?
Have you saved all the children??

I get video mode roughly 10% of games played. Saved all the children 4 or 5 times in over 15 years of owning MM. Have never saved all the calves.....maybe one day it will happen.

#165 5 years ago

Hey All,
I’ve only been in the club for some months (and a fair amount of that time was spent getting the game running - CPU board defective), but I’ve made a few small observations and wanted to know if these are supposed to be.

- During Match at end of game, 2 solenoids fire in the back left of the cabinet - one slightly before and one slightly after the arrow hits the target. I’d estimate it happens 9 from 10 times. Normal ?

- maybe a rules question - when hitting the orbits to collect joust victories, a hit to the orbit does not always advance the joust inserts. It seems like a real solid orbit shot which comes out the other side advances the insert, but weaker shots do not or if the ball gets diverted and lands in the pops it does not advance the insert. I also think sometimes I get two consecutive solid orbit shots, but it only counts as one. But completing the madness and getting the joust victory it’s often enough to get a weaker shot which stays in the pops. How is joust supposed to work?

Such a great game! Deserving of the hype. But why oh why does the ball always seem go into the Merlin scoop when I’m trying to complete all the Madnesses?

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

- maybe a rules question - when hitting the orbits to collect joust victories, a hit to the orbit does not always advance the joust inserts. It seems like a real solid orbit shot which comes out the other side advances the insert, but weaker shots do not or if the ball gets diverted and lands in the pops it does not advance the insert. I also think sometimes I get two consecutive solid orbit shots, but it only counts as one. But completing the madness and getting the joust victory it’s often enough to get a weaker shot which stays in the pops. How is joust supposed to work?
Such a great game! Deserving of the hype. But why oh why does the ball always seem go into the Merlin scoop when I’m trying to complete all the Madnesses?

My MMr has the same behavior on the joust lanes... the ball has to be moving at a decent clip. If it sort of barely dribbles through the loop it won't advance the count.

MM is such a great game. I love the strategy and choice to tackling this game. I often times will use multiballs to smash the castle repeatedly vs. going for jackpots. Stacking multiballs and hurry ups is great too. Doubt this game will ever leave my collection!

3 weeks later
#167 5 years ago

Feeling really stoked this evening. I've owned MM for about 15 years. Only the 2nd time that I won BFK.

What an awesome machine that Williams produced back in 1997

IMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPG

#168 5 years ago

That is Awesome to hear! I almost let my whole collection of 17 games go last year and I pulled the plug at two remaining. MM and SS. The rest went out the door! I am sooooo glad I kept it!

3 weeks later
#169 5 years ago

Minor facelift... All new star posts and then clear silicon rubber today!

mm-posts (resized).jpgmm-posts (resized).jpg
#170 5 years ago

Yeah I like the clear ones. I used them on my Monster Bash. I did a couple of lite up LED star posts on MM. They have a nice cool glow.

#171 5 years ago

Went with clear silicon everywhere except blue flipper & post rubber. Love it.

5C989882-636A-4036-987C-F7C65B0F422A (resized).jpeg5C989882-636A-4036-987C-F7C65B0F422A (resized).jpeg8B3333A4-343F-48EB-899E-2BCB4B2FAEEF (resized).jpeg8B3333A4-343F-48EB-899E-2BCB4B2FAEEF (resized).jpegBC6EA4FF-ABE5-46F4-89F5-985B59670E29 (resized).jpegBC6EA4FF-ABE5-46F4-89F5-985B59670E29 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#172 5 years ago

Bump for a PF scan of the left (blue) jouster?

#173 5 years ago

Gave my MM a wax today, plays super fast & smooth!

Need to get the ramps replated in Gold, but don’t want to take the ramps off and be without it for 3weeks

7A03CCB0-D18F-43D6-9A6A-7A74853F3CCE (resized).jpeg7A03CCB0-D18F-43D6-9A6A-7A74853F3CCE (resized).jpegDCD363AC-DABA-4296-B6A6-294CD49A54BA (resized).jpegDCD363AC-DABA-4296-B6A6-294CD49A54BA (resized).jpeg
#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Gave my MM a wax today, plays super fast & smooth!
Need to get the ramps replated in Gold, but don’t want to take the ramps off and be without it for 3weeks

YOU MIght see if pinballplating has a set ready to go, you might be able to cross ship and only be down a week

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

YOU MIght see if pinballplating has a set ready to go, you might be able to cross ship and only be down a week

Not a bad Idea, I was looking at this, but by the time I pay postage, then pay $165, postage and Import tax it’s cheaper to get them done over here. I use a company that do a great gold finish and looks the nuts!

2 months later
#176 5 years ago

Hey everyone, new proud owner checking in!

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from choseh:

Hey everyone, new proud owner checking in!

Welcome, and enjoy this great pin!

3 weeks later
#178 5 years ago

Found this at the Albertsons Grocery Store , snagged it before they threw it out

E67FAED3-FD9B-4C39-A117-654CADAF013E (resized).jpegE67FAED3-FD9B-4C39-A117-654CADAF013E (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#179 5 years ago

Brassed out my MMR

IMG_6337 (resized).jpegIMG_6337 (resized).jpeg
#180 5 years ago

Join the club by purchasing my original MM, $7,400 OBO

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70420

#181 5 years ago

Hi there,
Do you know where I can find instructions card to buy? Original or custom but not to print.
Thanks

#182 5 years ago

Currently helping a friend set up a NIB MMR. Error message: Cannot communicate with playfield. Please check all connections. Help?

IMG_20181027_145628324 (resized).jpgIMG_20181027_145628324 (resized).jpg
#183 5 years ago

Nothing seems obviously loose or unplugged.

#184 5 years ago

Reseat the USB cable coming out of the board in the back box.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Reseat the USB cable coming out of the board in the back box.

We tried this with no luck.

#186 5 years ago

We just removed the HD color display upgrade chip that we had installed prior to trying and put in the original chip. This allowed the game to turn on.

#187 5 years ago

We just tried it again with the new chip and it worked.

#188 5 years ago

Awesome. Good to hear!

3 weeks later
#189 5 years ago

Quick question about MM playfields. I just picked up a MM, and it's evident that someone put in a new pf. There is a holographic sticker that says "Williams Authorized Replacement" and then some serial number starting with "PPS..." which I thought might be Planetary Pinball.

Does anyone know if this is a NOS or Mirco pf, or maybe something else?

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question about MM playfields. I just picked up a MM, and it's evident that someone put in a new pf. There is a holographic sticker that says "Williams Authorized Replacement" and then some serial number starting with "PPS..." which I thought might be Planetary Pinball.
Does anyone know if this is a NOS or Mirco pf, or maybe something else?

Mirco is making the MM playfields.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mirco is making the MM playfields.

Yes, I understand that. But, were there not NOS ones available, and if so, would they have had this sticker on them?

There is no "Mirco" stamp on the pf, so I am just wondering who manufactured this.

#192 5 years ago

If you post a pic of the shooter lane I can tell you if it is from me.

Regards,
Mirco

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

If you post a pic of the shooter lane I can tell you if it is from me.
Regards,
Mirco

Here you go.

download_20181120_105450 (resized).jpgdownload_20181120_105450 (resized).jpg
#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, I understand that. But, were there not NOS ones available, and if so, would they have had this sticker on them?
There is no "Mirco" stamp on the pf, so I am just wondering who manufactured this.

NOS playfields usually dont have the new holographic sticker on them. Rick got them recently to prove its a PPS/Williams approved product.

However its possible that someone stuck the sticker on an old playfield I guess.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

NOS playfields usually dont have the new holographic sticker on them. Rick got them recently to prove its a PPS/Williams approved product.
However its possible that someone stuck the sticker on an old playfield I guess.

Based on photo above, that shooter lane is looking a lot like a Mirco.

I'll wait for him to chime in.

#196 5 years ago

Yes it is one of mine.

Regards,
Mirco

1 week later
#197 5 years ago

One of my trolls is not registering hits at all. I took it apart tonight, reassembled, and no change unfortunately.

I have one of these extra trolls:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-21744

The connector is different though. It has a 3 pin, which I assume it for the remake.

Am I am to desolder the connectors, and then just solder the ones on from my broken troll?

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One of my trolls is not registering hits at all. I took it apart tonight, reassembled, and no change unfortunately.
I have one of these extra trolls:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-21744
The connector is different though. It has a 3 pin, which I assume it for the remake.
Am I am to desolder the connectors, and then just solder the ones on from my broken troll?

Yep, should be the same part otherwise.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yep, should be the same part otherwise.

There is a diode on the broken one. Do I need to put a diode on the new part?

Or can I just solder the connectors to the lugs?

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

There is a diode on the broken one. Do I need to put a diode on the new part?

For an original MM, not a remake. Yes. Wire the new one the same as the old one. White wire to black end of diode, green wire to a lug, silver band end of diode to other lug.

The remake uses a different connector and no diode.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
There are 1,506 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.