(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I was referring to the castle door decal that gets damaged by the ball. Does anyone sell a super heavy duty laminated decal or some such?

I am pretty sure you can just get some mylar for it.

#552 3 years ago

I keep going back and forth as to wether or not I want to shop out my MM or do a full PF swap. I figured I would put some feelers out here to see if anyone had a NOS original PF they may be willing to part with. I am a little hesitant to go with a newer PF. I have not been impressed by the clear on the products I have seen.

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I am pretty sure you can just get some mylar for it.

I purchased a new decal from Little Shop of Games and I'll put mylar over the new decal before installing it. Hopefully, it lasts longer before breaking up.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

It’s called the castle front protector but I highly recommend the Merlin hole protector also

the Merlin Hole protector looks interesting. On my game, the ball frequently hits the bottom of the damsel ramp when coming out and falls back in the scoop. I‘ve bent the curved piece above the scoop, adjusted the length of the coil plunger (with washers), it’s a lot better, but it could still be improved. Does this Mantis product offer some advantages over the original construction.

1 week later
#555 3 years ago

Question for owners. I've had my MM for about 2 months now and have been playing it often...i have still NEVER hit the catapult target, so every few days when i turn it on i get the target switch error. I just spent a half hour trying to see if it was even possible for me to hit it and it seems that with the one-way gate installed there is no possible way!?!? I've never played this game before owning it, so...do i need to remove the gate? is there some other adjustment i should look into making? Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

I just spent a half hour trying to see if it was even possible for me to hit it and it seems that with the one-way gate installed there is no possible way!?!? I've never played this game before owning it, so...do i need to remove the gate?

Had the same issue with mine, and i did remove the gate.
Can hit that switch now, no problem

Not too difficult to remove, so give it a shot (pun intended )

#557 3 years ago

I have the gate installed on mine and hit it pretty consistently. It's not an easy shot akin to the Creature shot on MB. The first thing I would do is check the angle of your flippers and make sure they are aligned correctly. Take the rubber off, put a toothpick in the hole, the bat should rest against it.

Edit: I would add make sure the gate is installed correctly and allows the shot entry versus blocking it.

#558 3 years ago

On my game it's possible, needs a clean powerful shot.
Maybe change the angle of the flipperbats ?

#559 3 years ago

Is there anywhere that I can buy a spare castle???

#560 3 years ago

Most of the castle parts are available at the usual suspects: Marco, PPS, Little Shop of Games, etc.

#561 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies...here are some pics of my one-way gate. I’m not sure how easy it will be to make out, but the one farther view is from the flipper, and you can see that the angle needed to make that shot is impossible. The lower portion of the one-way gate is too long and there is not enough space between it and the rubber post at that angle to make it through. I have not been able to find any clear pics online to see if mine is set up incorrectly, but as it sits I will need to remove the gate to make it possible. Is there something that looks wrong with mine?
Thanks again!

9A1FD19B-C9DD-4EFF-AD50-558170B20A33 (resized).jpeg9A1FD19B-C9DD-4EFF-AD50-558170B20A33 (resized).jpegA77CB057-47AD-41C3-ABD2-09EA1B1FBA8D (resized).jpegA77CB057-47AD-41C3-ABD2-09EA1B1FBA8D (resized).jpeg
#562 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies...here are some pics of my one-way gate. I’m not sure how easy it will be to make out, but the one farther view is from the flipper, and you can see that the angle needed to make that shot is impossible. The lower portion of the one-way gate is too long and there is not enough space between it and the rubber post at that angle to make it through. I have not been able to find any clear pics online to see if mine is set up incorrectly, but as it sits I will need to remove the gate to make it possible. Is there something that looks wrong with mine?
Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's on the wrong side. Should be in the catapult side not over the pf. Your whole bracket is reversed. Remove it, flip it 180 degrees, re-install.
C0BCFC84-7632-46CD-B0A5-45AA694F9FC1 (resized).jpegC0BCFC84-7632-46CD-B0A5-45AA694F9FC1 (resized).jpegFD50C892-6FC0-41E5-8F04-64F3BDDCB056 (resized).jpegFD50C892-6FC0-41E5-8F04-64F3BDDCB056 (resized).jpeg

#563 3 years ago

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

It's installed incorrectly.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's on the wrong side. Should be in the catapult side not over the pf. Your whole bracket is reversed. Remove it, flip it 180 degrees, re-install.

Thank you so much!!! I knew something had to be messed up

#565 3 years ago

Thank you so much!!! I knew something had to be messed up

How could you have made any catapult-shot? that gate must have blocked every ball ?

1 week later
#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

How could you have made any catapult-shot? that gate must have blocked every ball ?

From the flipper, I couldn’t, so I knew something was wrong, but I couldn’t find a picture that confirmed it.

Anyway, The game plays perfect now, and I’ve blown away my high score...was on my first ball last night and over 60 million points, when, during troll multiball madness, a ball rolled over the troll just as it was popping up and it landed here
(Pic attached)

What a bummer when I had to open the coin door to remove it and slam tilted

Love this game!!!

7D6C40AD-5292-46B6-9D24-6B8E47D86C39 (resized).jpeg7D6C40AD-5292-46B6-9D24-6B8E47D86C39 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#567 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm if these are the switches needed for the slingshots.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-set-of-slingshot-switches-with-brackets.html

Thanks!

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone confirm if these are the switches needed for the slingshots.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-set-of-slingshot-switches-with-brackets.html
Thanks!

Yes they are right. Here is a pic of the manual with part numbers.

20210321_172339 (resized).jpg20210321_172339 (resized).jpg
#569 3 years ago

My drawbridge often doesn't close all the way. It will stay about an inch from closing. I noticed there is a lot of slop/play in the linkage between the door and motor. Is this normal? Am I missing a piece or something? I didn't see anything in the manual but the pieces are pretty small. Possibly an up/down switch adjustment?

20210322_201551 (resized).jpg20210322_201551 (resized).jpg20210322_202723 (resized).jpg20210322_202723 (resized).jpg
#570 3 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

My drawbridge often doesn't close all the way. It will stay about an inch from closing. I noticed there is a lot of slop/play in the linkage between the door and motor. Is this normal? Am I missing a piece or something? I didn't see anything in the manual but the pieces are pretty small. Possibly an up/down switch adjustment?

I thought much the same when I first got my MM however there is the potential during multiball to destroy the castle and get another ball caught between the portcullis (the castle gate) coming down and the drawbridge going up - I've had it happen to me. You then have a mild panic as you see the drawbridge closing on the ball and wondering whether it's going to bust anything. Hence, I believe this is the reason that the drawbridge is designed this way and doesn't close fully due to the slop/play in the mech, as if it did and there was a ball trapped then there is a high chance that something would break.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I thought much the same when I first got my MM however there is the potential during multiball to destroy the castle and get another ball caught between the portcullis (the castle gate) coming down and the drawbridge going up - I've had it happen to me. You then have a mild panic as you see the drawbridge closing on the ball and wondering whether it's going to bust anything. Hence, I believe this is the reason that the drawbridge is designed this way and doesn't close fully due to the slop/play in the mech, as if it did and there was a ball trapped then there is a high chance that something would break.

Thanks for the confirmation/explanation. I'll leave it alone then.

#572 3 years ago

The backbox panel plastic of my Medieval is broken.
Where i can find a replacement available?
thanks

backbox-panel-mop_4 (resized).pngbackbox-panel-mop_4 (resized).png
#573 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

The backbox panel plastic of my Medieval is broken.
Where i can find a replacement available?
thanks
[quoted image]

Use your old one to drill the holes in the correct locations:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9419-500XX

#574 3 years ago

Old one got trashed. Where i can find holes locations scheme?

#575 3 years ago

Hoping for some help please.... just putting my MM back together and have this piece that I am not sure where it goes. It was in with all the parts I took from the playfield so I'm positive it has to go somewhere??
Thank you.

IMG_4632 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPG
#576 3 years ago

Think this is the wood protector which goes under the secret castle entrance (the swinging flap beside the gate entrance.)

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

My drawbridge often doesn't close all the way

There are a few topics on this. I use a zip tie to take out some slack others use screws etc. the ball fits fine behind the drawbridge which is a great trick during multi ball but not allowed in competition

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Think this is the wood protector which goes under the secret castle entrance (the swinging flap beside the gate entrance.)

Hmm I'm not sure it is because I think that entrance (to ball lock) is just bare wood. This is where the Mantis protector would go??

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hmm I'm not sure it is because I think that entrance (to ball lock) is just bare wood. This is where the Mantis protector would go??

There are at least a couple different style protectors available for that bare wood lock entrance and yours looks like one of them. The one I have also has a metal piece that extends out in front of the drawbridge hinges to protect those from taking a beating, I don't remember which one is the Mantis one though.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The one I have also has a metal piece that extends out in front of the drawbridge hinges to protect those from taking a beating, I don't remember which one is the Mantis one though.

That's the Mantis

mmr-protector-castle-frt (resized).jpgmmr-protector-castle-frt (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#581 3 years ago

Hey folks,
Nice to be able to join the club as I recently aquired a very nice original MM and myself and the fam love it, the other pins have been feeling a little left out the last few weeks..

It all seems to be working fine, plays well. Had to replace a microswitch and fix a few other minor issues.
Only thing I cant work out is the 'Shoot Again' insert doesnt seem to work during gameplay. Using the test function it illuminates just fine, no worries but during the ball save period or if there is an extra ball it doesnt seem to light up.

I actually didnt notice it, my eagle eyed young son pointed it out and I'm not really sure where to start looking.
Any ideas would be mint.

Cheers

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Lanemeyer:

Hey folks,
Nice to be able to join the club as I recently aquired a very nice original MM and myself and the fam love it, the other pins have been feeling a little left out the last few weeks..
It all seems to be working fine, plays well. Had to replace a microswitch and fix a few other minor issues.
Only thing I cant work out is the 'Shoot Again' insert doesnt seem to work during gameplay. Using the test function it illuminates just fine, no worries but during the ball save period or if there is an extra ball it doesnt seem to light up.
I actually didnt notice it, my eagle eyed young son pointed it out and I'm not really sure where to start looking.
Any ideas would be mint.
Cheers

It doesn't light during ball save timer, the Magic Shield insert flashes for that but it should light when you have an extra ball waiting for you.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It doesn't light during ball save timer, the Magic Shield insert flashes for that but it should light when you have an extra ball waiting for you.

make sure extra balls aren't turned off in settings.

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Quoted from MrMikeman:

make sure extra balls aren't turned off in settings.

Thanks guys, I didnt realise about the ball timer thing, good to know.

Extra balls are turned on, I will check it again when an extra ball is ready.

Cheers

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from Lanemeyer:

Thanks guys, I didnt realise about the ball timer thing, good to know.
Extra balls are turned on, I will check it again when an extra ball is ready.
Cheers

The extra ball insert will light in Merlin’s hole even if EBs are turned off. It awards points in that case.

#586 3 years ago

Turns out it's working correctly, no probs. Such a great game.. just need to try and beat the high score set by my wife.. and the kids knocked me out of the leaderboard completely

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from Lanemeyer:

Turns out it's working correctly, no probs. Such a great game.. just need to try and beat the high score set by my wife.. and the kids knocked me out of the leaderboard completely

I bought my MM in December and I have barely turned on another game since, including MB. It's all I want to play.

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Lanemeyer:

Get to it!

3 weeks later
#589 2 years ago

I want to join the club! For that to happen someone has to leave the club.

If that’s you let me know!

2 weeks later
#590 2 years ago

I have an extra backboard decal that I found wile cleaning some old stuff out. It's the full sheet version I think I got it from TC back in the day. If you want it it's yours for whatever it costs to ship it to you.

MM Decal (resized).pngMM Decal (resized).png
#591 2 years ago

Just coming into the Club Tuesday...
Many years to get here , can't wait .
First ?
The brass lockdown bar and side rails is that OME ?

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

First ?

OEM?? No the original machine came with the standard stainless steel finish

mm (resized).jpgmm (resized).jpg
#593 2 years ago

I bought and installed (just mounted for now) the King of Payne topper this weekend
On my MM (original) Until now, I did not know that the topper was available over the counter. The topper will be interactive and use a GI circuit and flashers to control the lighting.

7A4D61B1-1BF5-4D4B-8B82-E5FE612806F4 (resized).jpeg7A4D61B1-1BF5-4D4B-8B82-E5FE612806F4 (resized).jpeg
#594 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I bought and installed (just mounted for now) the King of Payne topper this weekend
On my MM (original) Until now, I did not know that the topper was available over the counter. The topper will be interactive and use a GI circuit and flashers to control the lighting.
[quoted image]

Where did you buy the Topper? I see Pinball Pro sell them but can I get a shipping price to Australia for it? No....

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where did you buy the Topper?

I bought it at PinballPro. $628 USD shipped
I am not familiar with their international shipping rates. I would think they would, but you may have to call them.

#596 2 years ago

Hi Everyone, I should be finishing up with my PF swap/restoration this week. I'll have some parts that I'll be letting go of to help recoup some of my costs. Basically when I do a swap or top side tear down I replace everything on my machines even if the original stuff was ok.

My original and decent PF great for restoration or as is.
Ramps (not moat) good condition, I didn't see any cracks, etc, but will give closer inspection later on this week.
Plastics good condition, one inlane was broken and I bought a replacement that I never installed.

Cabinet decals. I bought them from a collector, they were missing the coin door decal. I wasn't happy with the quality, but might be a good deal for someone if you only need one side or head decals, etc

I figured I would post here first before making an ad.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

First ?

FINALLY!!! hahaha

Congrats man, I know you've been looking for this title for a long time, so hopefully you got the example you wanted. Actually that probably doesn't matter, because you're likely going to rip it apart and make it look better than new

#598 2 years ago

RIGHT?
years in the making .... the one I got is actually in overall great condition! perfect playfield however too many mods/toys and terrible LEDs installed and yes will tear her down and make it look like new! (lol) Funny thing is it was one hour away from me and the guy delivered it to my door!
guessing your going to miss the "sell me your MM PM's"

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

too many mods/toys and terrible LEDs

Tell me more tell me more! What mods will you remove?

#600 2 years ago

been busy at work and have limited time to explore my new to me toy, but off the top of my head there is :

2 lit archers
1 lit ogre
1 changing color globed Merlin
1 damsel mod in tower

will go over the game on the weekend

interested PM me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.