(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112451390 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_112318126 (resized).jpg
DSC04563 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7772 (resized).jpg
IMG_7796 (resized).jpg
IMG_7791 (resized).jpg
IMG_7838 (resized).jpg
IMG_0856 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Does anyone have one of the clear/translucent plexi backboards for sale for a Williams MM? I know I can buy a new one, but I just wanted to see if someone might have one that they would want to sell. If so, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Still looking for a clear backboard if someone has one for sale. Thanks.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

But why?? If you really want the large display just sell your OG MM and buy MMR. Doing what you propose would result in some bastardized game that most likely no one else would ever want and you'd have to sell at a significant loss. I know we are a hobby that likes to make some crazy projects work but this one just makes no sense at all to me.

Well, I have had the same pins for about 20 years, I’m not too worried about resale. Also, technically the conversion would be reversible.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Well, I have had the same pins for about 20 years, I’m not too worried about resale. Also, technically the conversion would be reversible.

I don’t think you realize that it’s not really possible, at least in a cost effective way. The electronics (all) are not compatible. The systems don’t work in the same way. You would need to change all the boards, power supply, wiring harness, and complete playfield lighting. Playfield mechs aren’t wired the same either. Your OG playfield isn’t drilled in the right spots for the CGC boards and lights as well. The machines may “look” the same but under the hood they are completely different. While you may be able to buy (not sure though) all the parts from CGC, it would most likely cost almost as much as buying a full machine.

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

But why?? If you really want the large display just sell your OG MM and buy MMR. Doing what you propose would result in some bastardized game that most likely no one else would ever want and you'd have to sell at a significant loss. I know we are a hobby that likes to make some crazy projects work but this one just makes no sense at all to me.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Don't screw with the original. You can buy a Remake for close to the price of an original.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

BTW, I do know that everything in back box and most of the under playfield electronics are different. I’m just wondering how much that amounts to in terms of parts.

I’m sure anything is possible with enough time and money to apply but having had a OG MM and now a Remake, I think it would be a giant project with very little upside. Just sell your original and get a remake. They’re VERY different in how they work, you just end up with a similar result.

3 weeks later
#506 3 years ago

Long shot here but I wonder if anyone has a great suggestion or method on how to fix the troll armature that's coming apart on my right troll assembly. I noticed that it was not operating smoothly and when I pulled the assembly apart I could feel the armature dragging in the coil sleeve, further dissasembly revealed some metal bits and it appears that the roll pin (assuming it was a roll pin) broke and is allowing the two pieces to separate partially. I tried to knock the remaining part of the pin out but so far no luck with that. I thought about drilling it out but even if I can how do I find the proper sized roll pin to replace it??

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#507 3 years ago

Any original MM’s for sale. I’m in Richmond VA looking for one. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#508 3 years ago

Looks and plays just like an original.

DSCN7252 (resized).JPGDSCN7252 (resized).JPG
#509 3 years ago

So original.

#510 3 years ago

That's what everybody says.

3 weeks later
#511 3 years ago

Is this for only original or remake or both?

Wondering what the difference is between all the versions.

Thanks

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

Thanks

CGC initially released the MMR (Standard) and MMR Limited Edition (LE) but more recently came out with the Classic Edition (CE), Special Edition (SE) & Royal Edition (RE). Below are the difference between the latest MMR versions. Note - the WMS original is similar to the Standard and Classic Editions (except these have colour DMDs) however the electronics between the MM and MMR are totally different

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#513 3 years ago

Thanks

I don’t think this group cares. I have a remake LE and used to have an OG one and no ones asked me to scram, lol.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

CGC initially released the MMR (Standard) and MMR Limited Edition (LE) but more recently came out with the Classic Edition (CE), Special Edition (SE) & Royal Edition (RE). Below are the difference between the latest MMR versions. Note - the WMS original is similar to the Standard and Classic Editions (except these have colour DMDs) however the electronics between the MM and MMR are totally different
[quoted image]

Thanks but what about the standard and LE? 8 don't see any info on that?

Which one is better to get? I know the royal will have all of everything but cost wise? Color extra sized screen is nice so maybe the least expensive one with that XL display?

#515 3 years ago

Thanks but what about the standard and LE? 8 don't see any info on that?
Which one is better to get? I know the royal will have all of everything but cost wise? Color extra sized screen is nice so maybe the least expensive one with that XL display?

Not sure if there is a matrix comparing the original CGC MMR (Std & LE) features against the new releases (CE, SE, RE) - however only the newer SE and RE have the XL displays. Also if you want NIB then you can only get the 3 new releases (I think they are still available).

Here is the differences b/n the Std and LE models

LIMITED EDITION (LE)
Includes Shaker Motor
Gold or Black or Silver Trim
Double Playfield Hard Coat
Limited to 1000 Games
Game # & Plaque
Finished Backbox Edges
Plywood Bottom (stronger more solid)

STANDARD (STD)
Shaker Motor at optional Cost
Silver Trim
Double Playfield Hard Coat (this was a change for STD)
Not Limited
No Game # or Plaque
Unfinished (as original) backbox Edges
Original MDF Bottom

As to which one is better - it really depends what you like ... for me it's the WMS MM because I love the original machines.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure if there is a matrix comparing the original CGC MMR (Std & LE) features against the new releases (CE, SE, RE), although my guess is that the Std & CE are much the same, while the LE and SE are equally similar and the RE is a step up again. If you want NIB then you can only get the 3 new releases.
As to which one is better - it really depends what you like ... for me it's the WMS MM because I love the original machines.

Wms referring to original williams?

#517 3 years ago

Ems referring to original williams?

Yes

WMS = Williams

#518 3 years ago

The original release was the LE, they made 1000 and what you got was choice of rails and legs color, shaker motor, numbered apron and a discount on the color chip, for the same price as the Standard, and the Standard which is basically a faithful remake of a WPC95 Medieval but all new. Even tho they look alike tho they run on totally different hardware.

Now they do a “Classic” which is basically the Standard but it has some updates, and the Special which comes with the XL color Display. RGB GI and upgraded sound.

Check the link for all the deets.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

As for better well, if you like shiny things, the remakes with the XL display, RGB and topper are pretty slick. But if you just need the game they’re about the same, except ones old and ones newer and they both kick ass.

#519 3 years ago

There is a separate MMR owners thread.

#520 3 years ago

Oh don’t be THAT guy.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Oh don’t be THAT guy.

Sorry, buy I am also with bobukcat. This thread is for the original MM machine discussions.

#522 3 years ago

Okay, I can accept that but I gotta ask...what’s the difference? What are you possibly going to discuss that isn’t relevant? Unless you’re discussing wiring harnesses and the ins and outs of the WPC95 board set?

How funny a day ago I was saying how no one here was gonna be that way either, lol.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Okay, I can accept that but I gotta ask...what’s the difference? What are you possibly going to discuss that isn’t relevant? Unless you’re discussing wiring harnesses and the ins and outs of the WPC95 board set?
How funny a day ago I was saying how no one here was gonna be that way either, lol.

I don't necessarily have a problem with MMR discussion where it intersects with MM being in here, things like gameplay, strategy, etc. all make sense. However since there IS a dedicated thread for MMR why wouldn't you discuss things like different version of MMRs, features, etc. in THAT thread where is belongs? In fact that stuff has probably already been asked and answered in that thread before.

1 month later
#524 3 years ago

Hello everyone, does anyone have a Merlins magic wire gate / form they could get me some dimension for?
I cannot find one in Canada and it will take weeks to get one into Canada so I figured I could build one in the mean time.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

1 week later
#525 3 years ago
Quoted from freshjive:

Hello everyone, does anyone have a Merlins magic wire gate / form they could get me some dimension for?
I cannot find one in Canada and it will take weeks to get one into Canada so I figured I could build one in the mean time.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,

Here you go - measurements are in mm. The left arm (17mm) is at an angle, going behind the bracket leg - this is what makes it a one way gate

I don't believe my wire is original however the shape is the same as the repo ones for sale

Merlin's gate wire (resized).JPGMerlin's gate wire (resized).JPG

Merlin's gate (resized).JPGMerlin's gate (resized).JPG
#526 3 years ago

Is anyone making cabinet decals these days? I recently grabbed an MM and plan to do a full restoration on it and was hoping to find some quality decals.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Is anyone making cabinet decals these days? I recently grabbed an MM and plan to do a full restoration on it and was hoping to find some quality decals.

Sure, you can get them from multiple sources including directly from PPS / Bay Area Amusement. The RadCals from Micro are really beautiful and do reduce the amount of prep work you have to do so I'd suggest you consider them unless you're really going for an OG look and feel.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sure, you can get them from multiple sources including directly from PPS / Bay Area Amusement. The RadCals from Micro are really beautiful and do reduce the amount of prep work you have to do so I'd suggest you consider them unless you're really going for an OG look and feel.

Thanks, when I went to PPS/Bay Area and searched under the game, I did not see decals. Marco didn't have them either. I will check out Mirco's.

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thanks, when I went to PPS/Bay Area and searched under the game, I did not see decals. Marco didn't have them either. I will check out Mirco's.

https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/medieval-madness-cabinet-art-set/

1 month later
#530 3 years ago

IN!!!
Picked this up last week, but finally have it shopped out and led'd. I still need to remove the side art blades (sorry, don't like em and the left one is a bit worn/torn).
Does anyone have the red colored trolls in their machine, I'm considering doing one red, one green. Other than that, 2 spotlights on lower playfield and that will be it for mods.
Game is an absolute blast...never played it before bringing it home

IMG_20210126_133610549 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_133610549 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_133621314 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_133621314 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_133627449 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_133627449 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_144653570 (resized).jpgIMG_20210128_144653570 (resized).jpg
#531 3 years ago

Does anyone have original rules and pricing cards in nice shape? Can buy outright or trade for nice colored cards.

#532 3 years ago

Congratulations on your MM. I have owned mine since about 2005 and is still one of my most favorite Bally/Williams machines out of the 90's. Great line up of machines too! Enjoy!

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

IN!!!
Picked this up last week, but finally have it shopped out and led'd. I still need to remove the side art blades (sorry, don't like em and the left one is a bit worn/torn).
Does anyone have the red colored trolls in their machine, I'm considering doing one red, one green. Other than that, 2 spotlights on lower playfield and that will be it for mods.
Game is an absolute blast...never played it before bringing it home [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous. Congrats!

#534 3 years ago

IN!!!
Game is an absolute blast...never played it before bringing it home

Congrats! Your MM is sure to provide many years of great pinball fun.
Fantastic collection that you have.

#535 3 years ago

IN!!!
Game is an absolute blast...never played it before bringing it home [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, I've never seen the Red Trolls installed but it wouldn't match the ColorDMD so I wouldn't personally want them. I agree with you about the art blades but you might consider mirror blades. I tend leave my games pretty stock (my MM is still incandescent except for retro warm whites in the GI) but put my first set of mirror blades in my MM when I put it in a new cabinet and I really, really like them in this game.

1 week later
#536 3 years ago

Question for y'all, when my moat plunger ejects the ball it kind of comes out of the left lane like a stumbling drunk bumbling and bouncing all over the place. Is that normal? I can't tell if it's supposed to be like that or have more of a smooth roll. I honestly never got enough games in on another machine to have paid this much attention before.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Question for y'all, when my moat plunger ejects the ball it kind of comes out of the left lane like a stumbling drunk bumbling and bouncing all over the place. Is that normal? I can't tell if it's supposed to be like that or have more of a smooth roll. I honestly never got enough games in on another machine to have paid this much attention before.

I get some some variation on the VUK, mostly clean ... sometimes slower such that it doesn't have enough momentum to push the orbit switch down (needs a nudge); and other times it comes out so fast it bounces off the orbit ball guide and go SDTM (those I'm not so keen on). 9 out of 10 times I can just catch the ball on the left flipper.

Maybe just check the coil sleeve and the top of the plunger armature

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Question for y'all,

When I first bought my game the feed from the moat consistently fed the left flipper which bounced up the right inlane for a perfect feed to the lock shot.

After I shopped it the first time removing the popper weldment the feed bounced off the ball guide and became random. I did a bunch of tweaks and got it back to where it feeds clean now. I cranked up the pitch so don’t get the clean dead flip but it feeds the left flipper consistently

#539 3 years ago

Mine feeds the left flipper every time. Comes in too hot to dead catch it, but if I time it right I can hit the castle...similar to the long cast shot in fish tales...I believe I’ve had as many as five in a row so far!

#540 3 years ago

Thank you so much. I kind of thought it was an adjustment issue. This game has seen some plays and I feel like everything is just a little rougher on it than other MM's I played. All that being said, I am just so happy to have one.

I am hoping to do a top side tear down in a few weeks. I just bought a couple of flipper rebuild kits and some other bits. I keep debating a PF swap, but I would need to find an original PF. I am not to keen on these newer PF's. I ended up with a MBr and with under 1500 the PF is dimpled beyond belief. Glas that I went with the original MM for sure now.

#541 3 years ago

I picked up a MM today and it came with some items that I don't plan on using. Would like to find a nice/mint set of original apron cards. Let me know if anything pictured is of interest or if you have the apron cards please. Can trade for the apron cards pictured.

20210212_203736 (resized).jpg20210212_203736 (resized).jpg
20210212_203656 (resized).jpg20210212_203656 (resized).jpg

#542 3 years ago

I get where you are coming from on an original vs. a remake. I have an RE, and I really miss the original voices and sounds. The RE is a great machine that I'll never sell, but not the same soul. I'd buy a copy of an original sound chip that works in the RE in a minute. The mod I am hoping for some day that I think will complete my package of the RE, Troll footlights and Color changing Ball Merlin, would be a "landing light strobe" activated when you launch the catapult.

- Scott

#543 3 years ago

Hey MM owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's one for you:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

Medieval_1_RCP (resized).jpgMedieval_1_RCP (resized).jpg

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, featuring a castle tower with an internal spiral staircase lit by the button itself, visible through the window!

Medieval_2_RCP (resized).jpgMedieval_2_RCP (resized).jpg

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04834-3d-coin-reject-buttons-medieval-madness). (My daughter gets a commission too; these 3D buttons were her idea!)

Installation instructions video posted in the shop listing. Note: please check your game before ordering -- this button replaces P/N 27-1037 button & 27-1038 cover -- as reimports, modded/swapped coin doors, etc. may have different button types. Compare to my pictures / instruction video to be sure this is the correct one for yours (button is separate piece from slot).

#544 3 years ago

Who sells replacement drawbridge door decals that don’t get chewed up within a few games?

CFE04F6D-E73D-475A-A0D4-EFA5BF6FF807 (resized).jpegCFE04F6D-E73D-475A-A0D4-EFA5BF6FF807 (resized).jpeg
#545 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Who sells replacement drawbridge door decals that don’t get chewed up within a few games?

I have Kerry’s castle protector and haven’t had the decal damaged in 15 years. But it
may be a heavier decal that is original

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Winslow3000:

I get where you are coming from on an original vs. a remake. I have an RE, and I really miss the original voices and sounds. The RE is a great machine that I'll never sell, but not the same soul. I'd buy a copy of an original sound chip that works in the RE in a minute. The mod I am hoping for some day that I think will complete my package of the RE, Troll footlights and Color changing Ball Merlin, would be a "landing light strobe" activated when you launch the catapult.
- Scott

What do you mean original voices and sounds?

The RE runs original game code. They’re the exact same?

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I have Kerry’s castle protector and haven’t had the decal damaged in 15 years. But it
may be a heavier decal that is original

Sounds intriguing, where does one purchase Kerry’s castle protector? The decal on the drawbridge now was supposed to be heavy duty and laminated, but it didn’t last long. The torn up decal is an eyesore on such an epic pin.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Sounds intriguing, where does one purchase Kerry’s castle protector? The decal on the drawbridge now was supposed to be heavy duty and laminated, but it didn’t last long. The torn up decal is an eyesore on such an epic pin.

This I would love to grab one for when I do my PF teardown.

#549 3 years ago

It’s called the castle front protector but I highly recommend the Merlin hole protector also

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/medieval-madness/

#550 3 years ago

I was referring to the castle door decal that gets damaged by the ball. Does anyone sell a super heavy duty laminated decal or some such?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.