(Topic ID: 72263)

*-*Medieval Madness Owners Club*-*-> The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 588 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mmr-protector-castle-frt (resized).jpg
IMG_4632 (resized).JPG
backbox-panel-mop_4 (resized).png
20210322_201551 (resized).jpg
20210322_202723 (resized).jpg
20210321_172339 (resized).jpg
7D6C40AD-5292-46B6-9D24-6B8E47D86C39 (resized).jpeg
FD50C892-6FC0-41E5-8F04-64F3BDDCB056 (resized).jpeg
C0BCFC84-7632-46CD-B0A5-45AA694F9FC1 (resized).jpeg
9A1FD19B-C9DD-4EFF-AD50-558170B20A33 (resized).jpeg
A77CB057-47AD-41C3-ABD2-09EA1B1FBA8D (resized).jpeg
CFE04F6D-E73D-475A-A0D4-EFA5BF6FF807 (resized).jpeg
Medieval_1_RCP (resized).jpg
Medieval_2_RCP (resized).jpg
20210212_203656 (resized).jpg
20210212_203736 (resized).jpg

There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'm not sure what the coloured thing is at the bottom right of the PF but it's the same as the repro PF Marco was selling (and it's not on the original PFs)
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/36-50059
[quoted image]

This is not a Mirco. He has that funny looking shooter lane. This may be IPB.

#452 1 year ago

The "fix" for drawbridges that won't go all the way up anymore is not real easy and involves using some cable ties to help make the fit tighter. As is stated in here balls getting stuck behind the drawbridge may result in the cable tie getting broken or pushed up but that's better than breaking the link assembly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjusting-gatemedieval-madness

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That 'colored thing' are registration and ink-level tests. Each of the spot colors on the playfield should be present, as well as set gradients - it's used to test the screens to make sure the screens are still useable. (i.e. If the 50% tone is too dark/light, something wrong and the field won't pass QA.)

Cool - always learning more and like how you and others share your wealth of pinball knowledge.

Thanks

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

This is not a Mirco. He has that funny looking shooter lane. This may be IPB.

Yep Micro PF's have the Genuine B/W label in the bottom right hand corner and doesn't has the registration & ink-level test area that Coyote mentioned

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/medieval-madness-mirco-playfield

Edit:

Based off this For Sale thread https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/25906, I'd say the PF your pictured is an IPB

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from Edster:Mine is a bit more closed but not completely

It should be straight up and even with the castle. There were a bunch of threads on fixes for this on rgp. If you flip the
Play field up and move the drawbridge back you will see slop in the linkage. Some people used zip ties some small Machine screws with nuts. Your mileage may vary

EF54CCFC-D051-4FC5-B95E-BFAA47E99003 (resized).jpeg
#456 12 months ago

Does anyone make a nice laminated decal to fill the empty rectangular space on the front of the coin door? Hard to believe no one has made a sticker/decal for the coin door on this game yet. All of my other pins have stickers, decals or magnets on the coin doors, but can't find anything for MM.

#457 11 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Does anyone make a nice laminated decal to fill the empty rectangular space on the front of the coin door? Hard to believe no one has made a sticker/decal for the coin door on this game yet. All of my other pins have stickers, decals or magnets on the coin doors, but can't find anything for MM.

I’ve seen a decal on the remake at my local. Might want to check with the remake thread

#458 11 months ago

Joined the club tonight with a very tired one. Needs a lot rebuilt and the cab could do with a freshen up too.
Still I’m stoked to finally own one and picking up monster bash at the same time was just an awesome feeling.

563D141F-5360-4370-906A-AA66AB67C219 (resized).jpeg
#459 11 months ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Joined the club tonight with a very tired one. Needs a lot rebuilt and the cab could do with a freshen up too.
Still I’m stoked to finally own one and picking up monster bash at the same time was just an awesome feeling.
[quoted image]

Nice line up mate and welcome to the club!

#460 11 months ago

Great double pickup! What on earth is on the front of the monster bash?

#461 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Great double pickup! What on earth is on the front of the monster bash?

Some sort of arcade control panel vinyl covering missing decal. It came with replacement decals so not too stressed.

2 weeks later
#462 11 months ago

Any MM for sale?

#463 11 months ago

It would help to know where you are. There is likely at least 1 for sale somewhere in the world at any given point, but it might be in a location that doesn't make sense for you to get it from.

#464 11 months ago
Quoted from wamoc:

It would help to know where you are. There is likely at least 1 for sale somewhere in the world at any given point, but it might be in a location that doesn't make sense for you to get it from.

Good point. VA

#465 11 months ago

Hi - I wanted to share this Medieval Madness alternate Translite and Acrylic Backglass I drew.
These are Officially licensed from Williams/Bally.
You can see more here if you're interested:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
Thanks!

20200501_023600_resized (resized).jpgMedieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-2 (resized).jpg
#466 11 months ago

I bought a ton of parts from a guy that was active in the 90s, and since then, he just left his inventory sit.
I see Marco has the Assy by itself ($99) and the troll ($29) - but doesn’t have the target ($53).
Planetary used to have the whole assembly - it’s out of stock. The price they list for the whole assembly is $69 - that seems low when I look at what the individual parts are listed for.
Any ideas what this NOS assembly is worth? I have two of them to list on eBay.
Thanks for any help on value.

BD8292F3-9E56-4D5D-B840-A6F1F93F631E (resized).jpegE5241CFB-1CBE-47F3-B1AC-E8A41CD0D21C (resized).jpegF73D8F91-5F97-4457-8822-201A93991E11 (resized).jpeg
#467 11 months ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi - I wanted to share this Medieval Madness alternate Translite and Acrylic Backglass I drew.
These are Officially licensed from Williams/Bally.
You can see more here if you're interested:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

just bought that translite from you. cant wait!!!!!!!

#468 11 months ago

I bought out the inventory from a guy that was active in the 90s, but hadn’t done anything since 2000. Lots of NOS parts.
I listed a bunch of castle parts, dragons, a green moat (with switch and lights), a set of plastics ...
All are NOS from late 90s.
Wasn’t sure how often people go scan eBay, so thought I’d mention it here.

2868CF0C-B702-45FB-80AF-80733BD9C6B3 (resized).jpeg422F3337-ADD6-47CC-A9B2-F31D9FDCBC9F (resized).jpeg
#469 11 months ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I bought out the inventory from a guy that was active in the 90s, but hadn’t done anything since 2000. Lots of NOS parts.
I listed a bunch of castle parts, dragons, a green moat (with switch and lights), a set of plastics ...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Might help people find them if you included a link to your listings.

#470 11 months ago

Wasn’t sure if that was ok on PinSide - thx
My ID is KCToys

ebay.com link: sch

#471 11 months ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

[quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent!

#472 11 months ago

Oh man. The original MM pin was at a bar I would go to with my dad to watch Packer games. We'd play it at halftime. Knew it was fun. But didn't realize until later in life how good it was compared to other pins.

Really want to add this to my basement after I get the TMNT one.

1 week later
#473 10 months ago

Anyone know if this remade assembly would work with the original MM?

I assume a couple of the smaller connectors would have to be changed, and there would need to be diodes attached to the switches?

ebay.com link: BRAND NEW Medieval Madness Pinball Drawbridge Assembly Complete MM and MMR

#474 10 months ago

If anybody is looking for NOS parts, I listed my 2nd Troll Assy and some other parts yesterday.
The auction for the the Drawbridge and other Troll ended yesterday
Here’s a link to what I have listed right now (MM, SS, AFM, Pinbot,TOM)

My ebay username is KCToys
You can do an advanced search for a specific seller

Here’s a new link
ebay.com link: 711 53200 19255 0

#475 10 months ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

If anybody is looking for NOS parts, I listed my 2nd Troll Assy and some other parts yesterday.
The auction for the the Drawbridge and other Troll ended yesterday
Here’s a link to what I have listed right now (MM, SS, AFM, Pinbot,TOM)
ebay.com link

$475 for the drawbridge, crazy!!! I was bidding at $350 haha.

Congrats on a good sale!

#476 10 months ago

$475 for the drawbridge, crazy!!!

Bidding was very busy in the last 90 seconds. Shipped that and the first Troll Assy yesterday.
This weekend should be interesting too with over dozen ending on Sunday (Pin*Bot, TOM, AFM, SS,MM)

5B033FC4-6F10-4315-BD7E-A7E5EEC9ADAB (resized).jpeg808E9A64-52D0-4358-A922-3A1080D0C5E2 (resized).jpeg8ED34461-3D7E-44C9-BF97-164B332A4E13 (resized).jpeg
#477 10 months ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Bidding was very busy in the last 90 seconds. Shipped that and the first Troll Assy yesterday.
This weekend should be interesting too with over dozen ending on Sunday (Pin*Bot, TOM, AFM, SS,MM)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

People still snipe E-bay auctions? Wow what a flashback, I hardly buy anything on there anymore.

#478 10 months ago

I’m looking for a OMM. Hit me up if u have one for sale.

#479 10 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

People still snipe E-bay auctions?

For ‘one of a kind’ things, eBay is still a great place to sell. Commodities, not so much.
I had no idea how to price a lot of the parts I have - so again, eBay was a good way to find out.

#480 10 months ago

So much stuff just has the buy it now on there so you don't have to deal with the hassle of a bidding war.

But it is convenient to be able to be the highest bidder and put in how much you're willing to go up to. If someone does try to snipe at the last second.

#481 10 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

..so you don't have to deal with the hassle of a bidding war.

I agree, BIN is great for commonly found items that have a market value that’s easy to research.
I really thought the drawbridge was worth 350-375, so I’m glad I didn’t set a value and use BIN.
I sold a NOS green moat last week for $210 + shipping. I didn’t think it’d go higher than $150.
Never can tell on these 20 year old NOS stuff!

#482 10 months ago

Does anyone know if I can get this assembly to work with the original game?

Two of the small connectors are for the remake, and the switches do not have diodes like the original does.

I know I used remake troll assemblies and just soldered on the original connectors, so does anyone know if I could do that here too?

And would I need to add the diodes?

Thanks!

IMG_20200628_140801 (resized).jpgIMG_20200628_140823 (resized).jpg
#483 10 months ago

Getting a "Sound Board Interface Error" sometimes when I turn on the game. If I start a game, there is no audio at all, but when I drain the ball, the sound starts again on ball 2.

Anyone???

#484 10 months ago

Getting a "Sound Board Interface Error" sometimes when I turn on the game. If I start a game, there is no audio at all, but when I drain the ball, the sound starts again on ball 2.
Anyone???

First thing to do (and easiest) is reseat the ribbon cables. That solved the Sound Board Error on one of my WPC machines last year.

2 weeks later
#485 9 months ago

Does anyone have one of the clear/translucent plexi backboards for sale for a Williams MM? I know I can buy a new one, but I just wanted to see if someone might have one that they would want to sell. If so, please send me a PM. Thanks.

#486 9 months ago

Also, can someone with a Williams MM please measure the backboard for me in terms of length and height if it's not too much trouble?

#487 9 months ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Also, can someone with a Williams MM please measure the backboard for me in terms of length and height if it's not too much trouble?

Hey EB
7.0 in x 20.25 in. (0.54 in thick)
Wally

#488 9 months ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey EB
Wally

And the top edges are beveled in about 3/4 of an inch on each end.

#489 9 months ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey EB
Wally

Thanks, Wally. I really appreciate it.

Eric

3 weeks later
#490 9 months ago

Turned my game on, and the DMD went scrambled, and the left flipper activated and stay up. I could also hear a buzzing sound coming from the cabinet (maybe speakers).

Anyone know what this could be?

I turned it off and on, and it loaded up fine.

#491 9 months ago

Turned my game on, and the DMD went scrambled, and the left flipper activated and stay up. I could also hear a buzzing sound coming from the cabinet (maybe speakers).
Anyone know what this could be?
I turned it off and on, and it loaded up fine.

Sounds like the one of the ribbon cables or associated connectors are starting to fail, you may want to try re-seating the one that goes from the MPU to the Audio / Visual board and be absolutely you don't put it back on one row off. Do this with the game off of course.

1 week later
#492 8 months ago

NOS parts left from when I had a original WMS MM; if anyone needs these, PM me.

E9F5BF0E-4E8E-4C2B-BAE9-B69CF107E06E (resized).jpeg268B4FBC-6EA7-4684-921D-4968B4348599 (resized).jpeg
#493 8 months ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

NOS parts left from when I had a original WMS MM; if anyone needs these, PM me.[quoted image][quoted image]

Pbpins I guess that I should have waited until you posted these like the BSD coffin. PM me with some prices please!

1 week later
#494 8 months ago

i am in the club

IMG_20200830_162822[1] (resized).jpg
#495 8 months ago

I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit MMr electronics into an original? I love my Original MM, but that XL color display is mighty nice looking. The new topper is super pricy, but it also the nicest topper I can recall.

Are parts like the under playfield PCB available?
Seems like CGC could make a retrofit parts bundle for not too much effort.

#496 8 months ago

BTW, I do know that everything in back box and most of the under playfield electronics are different. I’m just wondering how much that amounts to in terms of parts.

#497 8 months ago

I would assume you could fit the new topper, I would like to do that myself. I think the XL display would be a more difficult proposition if it is compatible at all

#498 8 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I would assume you could fit the new topper, I would like to do that myself. I think the XL display would be a more difficult proposition if it is compatible at all

I'm assuming you would have to ditch the entire WPC-95 system and fit the CGC Beaglebone Black/Pincontroller Hat. The DMD would need to go, but fitting a color LCD might be possible if there is room on the existing speaker panel.

The whole underside would probably have to stripped of the harnesses and replaced with the MMr PCB and driver boards. I don't know of the solenoids are running at the same voltage, but if they are, you might be able to just add connectors and patch into the MMr drivers. The WPC transformer would probably get replaced, but it might be worth designing a breakout board if the voltages were close enough.

It really comes down to dollars and cents. If CGC makes the parts available, it might be possible. I just wonder how many of the parts are available now, and what it would all cost?

#499 8 months ago

Joined the club this week with a modded remake standard. Great game and loving the callouts.

#500 8 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

I'm assuming you would have to ditch the entire WPC-95 system and fit the CGC Beaglebone Black/Pincontroller Hat. The DMD would need to go, but fitting a color LCD might be possible if there is room on the existing speaker panel.
The whole underside would probably have to stripped of the harnesses and replaced with the MMr PCB and driver boards. I don't know of the solenoids are running at the same voltage, but if they are, you might be able to just add connectors and patch into the MMr drivers. The WPC transformer would probably get replaced, but it might be worth designing a breakout board if the voltages were close enough.
It really comes down to dollars and cents. If CGC makes the parts available, it might be possible. I just wonder how many of the parts are available now, and what it would all cost?

But why?? If you really want the large display just sell your OG MM and buy MMR. Doing what you propose would result in some bastardized game that most likely no one else would ever want and you'd have to sell at a significant loss. I know we are a hobby that likes to make some crazy projects work but this one just makes no sense at all to me.

There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside