(Topic ID: 224161)

Manufaturer cert for Kings and Queens...

By pinhead52

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1532813014521 (resized).jpg
DerbyDay_cert (resized).jpg
fccert (resized).JPG
BlackCert (resized).JPG
20180826_201754_resized (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Burning question of the day: Ive seen lots of machines where this is missing... were they supposed to be on all the machines? Im restoring a game and was wondering if I should use the "black" blank to recreate one?

20180826_201754_resized (resized).jpg20180826_201754_resized (resized).jpgBlackCert (resized).JPGBlackCert (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

If you're going all out on everything else why not.

#3 5 years ago

Ah but is it correct? Us ARs wanna know!

#4 5 years ago

Nice looking Kings and Queens there 52!
I have very little computer skills and actually do not even own a printer. {yes I'm THAT old!}
I have a small collection, of Gottlieb wedgeheads that I'm restoring. Of the total of 6 games I have restored 3 and one of the games that is done is a Flipper Clown that does NOT have that manufacturer's sticker. Boy I'd sure would like to find one as fortunately the other 5 games still have their original stickers in place.
Anyone know how or where I could obtain one?
Thanks in advance.

#5 5 years ago

I have a base file for this certificate.
All I need is your serial number.
Perferably from your certificate.
Each machine has different markings.

At least the certificate is the correct one.
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1381&picno=23212&zoom=1
Send me an email with your image and I'll send you a reproduction file in return.

Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I have a base file for this certificate.
All I need is your serial number.
Perferably from your certificate.
Each machine has different markings.
At least the certificate is the correct one.
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1381&picno=23212&zoom=1
Send me an email with your image and I'll send you a reproduction file in return.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

Peter, is your base cert better then the one I posted earlier?

#7 5 years ago

If you can make these Id sure like one, if I pm you the serial number and my particulars can we do this? Certainly I would expect to make a consideration of course. Ill have to go inside the game, I always write down this info along with paint codes for the next owner some day.
this would be great!

#8 5 years ago

Looks like the sticker that is on my K&Q.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

If you can make these Id sure like one, if I pm you the serial number and my particulars can we do this? Certainly I would expect to make a consideration of course. Ill have to go inside the game, I always write down this info along with paint codes for the next owner some day.
this would be great!

Shoot me the info, I can print and mail it. I have a lightweight paperback like paper I print on

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Peter, is your base cert better then the one I posted earlier?

I've re-created this file in Word.
I do not use an image as base, but fonts and drawn lines.
No jagged edges and spots that aren't suppose to be there.
Just send me an email or PM with your info.

#11 5 years ago

A PM message has been sent off to Pinhead52. If it does not arrive on weds night please let me know.
Thanks

#12 5 years ago

hey, when did they switch from black to green?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

A PM message has been sent off to Pinhead52. If it does not arrive on weds night please let me know.
Thanks

fccert (resized).JPGfccert (resized).JPG
#14 5 years ago

The model & serial # should have a more "rubber stamp" looking font

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

The model & serial # should have a more "rubber stamp" looking font

yea it should, I had a rubber stamp font on my other machine but it died.., need to download again

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

hey, when did they switch from black to green?

From a similar thread a while back:

It appears Bank A Ball 9/65 was the last using the black & white certificate & Flipper Pool 10/65 was the first using the green certificate. Some Bank a Ball's had the green ones.

#17 5 years ago

I have a FLIPPER POOL and its definately green!

#18 5 years ago

HaHaHa I just noted post 13 , yup thats what I need to complete my restoration 100%! that looks fantastic!
now the glue the glue........jeeze Im half tempted to laminate first but that would look funky and just plain wrong.

#19 5 years ago

Here is an image of my version for Derby Day....

DerbyDay_cert (resized).jpgDerbyDay_cert (resized).jpg
#20 5 years ago

The earlier black ones had a typographical error on them too. They misspelled "Kostner" as "Koster".

#21 5 years ago

Ken ,et al
I just received the stamp and I am very very impressed. Its a beauty! Thank you very much and thanks for the discussion from all. You never stop learning in this hobby, even after 25 years dedicated to the EMs!
I'm guessing that some people think its a bit "picky" to pay attention to it but if Im going to restore a game in my opinion , it should have stamp if possible. lf your going to replace, chrome, or fix everything on a game this completes the restoration.
Sometimes you have to do without when theyre ripped ,torn or just plain missing. Fortunately , the FLIPPER CLOWN was the only Gottlieb Ive done or will do that was missing the certificate.
So Thanks again and if you ever are looking for some insanely obsolete, not in stock ,etc Gottleib part send me a EM,you just never know!
Weeze

1532813014521 (resized).jpg1532813014521 (resized).jpg
#22 5 years ago

OH shoot, Ok I missed this part. Picture attached are my back yard canal neighbors.

#23 5 years ago

i did find some nice appropriate paper to print these on...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-manufaturer-cert-for-kings-and-queens- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.