Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
SwitchDeleteCompare (resized).jpg
MaelstromHiddenSwitch (resized).jpg
Now-Available (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 86 days ago

Now-Available (resized).png

So there is a huge black box in the middle of your playfield, want that gone? Then you just need this mod.

We've designed a way to move that switch to a hidden location under the ramp. The solution is plug and play. There are two screws to remove the old switch, that's it. Everything you need is included. The switch is entirely replaceable if you ever need to and is a generic pinball part. The connections are all made for you, just pop it in. There is nothing to assemble.

Since we don't want to post details of our mechanism design, we can show you what it looks like when installed. You can't see anything? That's the point. It's there, gotta look close. Final piece will be translucent with paint to match the maelstrom ramp color and texture so even if you could see it, it would fit right in.

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/maelstrom-hidden-switch-mod-jjp-potc

Stay tuned for our Maelstrom Wave mod which will allow you to hide the little tab on your ramp and is completely reversible. Also, your other option is to just dremel off that tab. I am happy to post of video of the easiest and safest way to do this. Either way no more ugly switch.

MaelstromHiddenSwitch (resized).jpg

#3 86 days ago

SOmeone else suggested before and after. I'll do both in a sec. My game is sort of a mess right now.

#4 86 days ago

Arrrrrr, a video ye wants and a video ye gets!

It's long, I guess... I wanted to talk about our options and plans. You only need to watch a minute or something to see the comparison. Pictures also included. Tried to be as accurate as possible. I don't want to share the mechanism for somewhat obvious reasons now. Sorry for shaky cam, still dealing with my old crappy phone and meds which make my hands shake. Gotta order one of those gimbal things for the phone.

SwitchDeleteCompare (resized).jpg
#6 84 days ago
Quoted from Heater:

great idea!

Ty... cutting off my tab tonight! Maelstrom circumcision.

#7 83 days ago

Here's the installation video

Here's some information on cutting the tab

After I sanded and flame polished the cut edge. Smooth as a baby's behind. And that view!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9 83 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Not very "pirate-e" without the pirate flag. There's your next mod.

Which flag, where?

We have a flag mod actually, lol. I don't think I posted about it yet, or maybe I hinted somewhere. I just got the lighting in for it, I'll be posting soon.

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#11 44 days ago

Tech note for anyone having issues with their switches. I don't know if this is common knowledge or maybe just a problem with this batch of switches but it seems like the contacts need to be burnished/sanded to make a better contact on some of the switches. I had two people report issues and I just found a switch here that had the same issue. I pulled a piece of sandpaper through the switch both ways a few times to sand down the contacts ever so slightly. Whatever was on them came off and the contact was solid and strong each time. 200-400 grit should be good, an emery board, contact burnisher, etc. If you don't have these things let me know, I'll send some out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside