(Topic ID: 250230)

How the heck do people play sitting on a stool —>>??

By Beez

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stool (resized).PNG
    stools (resized).PNG
    #1 4 years ago

I see amazing game room pics of pinball machine with bar stools in front of the machines all the time? I don’t get it, how do people play pinball sitting down?? I mean is actually even possible... when I (and my friends) play pinball it seem our WHOLE body gets into the game. I mean legs, arms, feet everything seems to fly around the room .... How do people sit down ..???

#2 4 years ago

The stool is not for the player. It's for the players buddy who has to sit down for 15 min to wait for you to drain.

faz

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

I see amazing game room pics of pinball machine with bar stools in front of the machines all the time? I don’t get it, how do people play pinball sitting down?? I mean is actually even possible... when I (and my friends) play pinball it seem our WHOLE body gets into the game. I mean legs, arms, feet everything seems to fly around the room .... How do people sit down ..???

They're pretending to kind of half play pinball... Lol

I don't get it either. It seems some are not "athletic" enough to properly play such a physical game.

Having said that I have seen one or two pretty good players in wheelchair, but that is different.

edit: I can't play well at all sitting down, don't know what it is. Just feels really awkward.

#4 4 years ago

With knee surgery last year I was unable to stand and play as much as I wanted. I found that if I used a stool that while sitting my head was the same elevation as when I was standing I could play quite well. I couldn't nudge as hard but that was probably a good thing for my tilt control. Thankfully I'm on the mend and back to primarily standing and playing but sometimes after a rough tennis match I'll play a few games with my Northan tool high stool... especially after the new GOT code was released.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/15537740924086992878?lsf=seller:8049,store:17783052120747564024,s:h&prds=oid:12834837877242957657,sv:pop&q=northern+tool+stool&hl=en&ei=7K1kXYbmNcSD5wL9-4GwDQ&lsft=gclid:EAIaIQobChMIwOCS95ei5AIVCIvICh0J7QgxEAkYBCABEgKM3fD_BwE

#5 4 years ago

There's more than a few threads on it.
    I've played every way there is, and whilst sitting isn't ideal for me not everyone plays the same goals, era,etc.

#6 4 years ago

I’m 6’7” tall, and love playing on a stool... have no problem playing physical either... puts my head closer to the action, and I tend to play better using it as opposed to standing.

Several pin arcades had a few or more stools where I played as a kid... so I started early using them.

#7 4 years ago

I have a bad back.
    It boils down to I can play pinball a lot longer than I can comfortably stand there.
    Although I would prefer standing, it actually gets uncomfortable after a prolonged period of time.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

I don’t get it, how do people play pinball sitting down??

It’s quite easy really.
    But same thing for me I hurt my foot, got some cheep cushioned barstools that swivel and now I like to sit and play. I just sit when I play at home.

#9 4 years ago

I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and I get tired very easy. Sitting on a stool makes playing a lot easier for me
    and I don't nudge the machine much anyway.

#10 4 years ago

Half of my kids can't play standing due to a height deficiency. Thus the need to have a taller bar stool by the pins.

#11 4 years ago

I like having a stool around so I have something to throw when I get mad.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from candyman:

I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and I get tired very easy. Sitting on a stool makes playing a lot easier for me
    and I don't nudge the machine much anyway.

My wife also has MS and can't stand for long. She uses a stool for the same reason. I got the KISS "Destroyer" stools for $25 ea, free shipping about 5 years ago.

stools (resized).PNGstools (resized).PNG
    #13 4 years ago

After 11 years and 4 deployments and multiple surgeries on my knee in the Marines, I can only stand and play for a bit. I've learned to play from a stool, definitely more upper body goes into it. Haha still fun and wouldn't give it up.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

After 11 years and 4 deployments and multiple surgeries on my knee in the Marines, I can only stand and play for a bit. I've learned to play from a stool, definitely more upper body goes into it. Haha still fun and wouldn't give it up.

Thank you for your service.

#15 4 years ago

My kid and his friends play sitting on the stool but that’s it. I can’t do it

#16 4 years ago

We use to have these in France, I saw some in Spain too but never in the US. It was quite ugly but I must say it was really comfy, like a back wall but with the perfect angle.

I would never put one in my house but I can't say it was a totally bad idea !

Stool (resized).PNGStool (resized).PNG
    #17 4 years ago

I like having the option, especially on Bourbon night.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-how-the-heck-do-people-play-sitting-on-a-stool-gtgt?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.