Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

035-1 (resized).jpg
pinball switch (resized).jpg
180-5011-00 (resized).jpg
17-1012 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

i am replacing a high speed out-hole switch but the part #17-1067 is not made anymore and the #5647-12133-12 is used as a replacement.
but #5647-12133-12 has 3 metal tabs for connections instead of 2. Do i wire it the same as the original is wired with the green wire on bottom and white wire on the lower left connector ?. It would help if you had a picture of this already connected to help me out.

17-1012 (resized).jpg17-1012 (resized).jpg180-5011-00 (resized).jpg180-5011-00 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

It looks like the switch can be wired normally open or normally closed.
If you have a DMM put it on continuity and put one lead on the bottom tab and the other on one of the other 2.
For use as an outhole switch you should only have continuity when the switch is activated. If you have continuity until the switch is activated you have it on the wrong one of the 2.
Yes the green wire will go to the bottom most tab regardless.

#3 3 years ago

tested the switch with a DMM . there is continuity when touching the bottom tab and on the lower left tab when the switch is activated.
i am taking apart the old switch and i see that the green wire goes on the bottom but i am unsure about the how the diode is used here. the white wire is attached to both a diode and a brown panel with a metal tab on it with the silver end the diode going to where the tab would insert into the switch.

pinball switch (resized).jpgpinball switch (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

i see that brown panel is a Terminal Strip . does the mounting bracket need to touch the front or back of the Terminal Strip ?

this is not same exact switch but its the right idea of the order of how the Terminal Strip,bracket and micro-switch are put together. right ?

035-1 (resized).jpg035-1 (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Matthew2015:

i see that brown panel is a Terminal Strip . does the mounting bracket need to touch the front or back of the Terminal Strip ?

No, you wouldn't want the terminals to contact the mounting bracket at all as it would put stray voltage where you don't want it.

#6 3 years ago

but this switch in this picture is the right way to do it , right ?

#7 3 years ago

i figured the rest figured of it out.
i have soldered on the switch and it works great.
thanks for the advice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-high-speed-out-hole-switch-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.