Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Most likely, but Subway has a chance.
    Dancing Lady's (next game produced after Subway) flyer shows the new style.
    King of Diamonds' (next Wedge Head produced after Subway) flyer shows new style.
    There's a chance during Subway's run is when the transaction was made.

I've often wondered about this myself. "Subway" would be the last game produced using the cast metal end caps. However, many I've seen, including my brother's game which came out of an arcade in 1977, have the newer style bar. This leads me to believe that it's likely that much, if not all of the production run of "Subway" already had the newer style bar installed.
    "Cross Town", which was one month earlier, is usually found with the older type bar.
    "Dancing Lady" had many "firsts" for Gottlieb, and featured the new style lockbar on all copies produced.
    "Hurdy Gurdy" should have the cast metal end caps, but it's possible that some were converted by operators, since the new bar was readily available as a spare part by the end of 1966.

#11 2 years ago

My brother has a "Subway" which he got from an arcade back in 1977.
    We played it in that arcade for probably two years prior to that, so it was only nine years old at the time.
    It also has a very low serial number, but it had, and still has the later type lockdown bar. This leads me to believe that most, if not all copies of "Subway" were fitted with the new style bar, although it wasn't officially announced until the release of the subsequent model, "Dancing Lady".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-gottlieb-mid-1960s-lock-down-bars-?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.