You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Oof (resized).png
ants.gif
97EFC5CD-1D8B-4737-9C39-B7F18CDA0898.gif
18CB98F9-1DCB-4B36-AA82-A30C5A175580 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I think we all know what supply & demand is. And a free economy, entrepreneurship and blah blah blah.
Doesn't mean it's not ruining the hobby for plenty of others, or people that really want something, such as a topper for the regular price (or at least a decent price).
Instead, asshats buy 3 or 4 from distros, then sit on them and eventually jack prices to stupidity. Meanwhile, Jack and his two kids that love their Ghostbusters pin and wanted a topper don't have one, so some dbag can make a buck later. And now Jack can't afford one, or can't spend 1/2 or 1/3 of what his pin cost to have a damn topper on it.
One day, when this hobby dwindles down to nothing:
1. People who were in it to make a buck will have killed it, when they could have cared less about the hobby itself and actual pinball in the first place; and
2. People who paid $1500 or $2k for a topper...will hopefully be stuck with a topper that is worth jack shit.
I remember when pinball was an actual community and people enjoyed giving each other good deals, instead of a bunch of shysters just trying to make money.

POTY!!!

#52 3 years ago

Toppers are stupid anyway, I hope people start paying 5k for them. Makes it easy to spot the morons.

#53 3 years ago

My wife just found out what these are worth so I'm forced to sell. Will accept trades of fine wine or a deal towards a Porsche.

#54 3 years ago

Is this a "Stern Collectible" thing? Because I have to think you could make your own bitchin' Ecto-1 topper for way less than $2500.

I mean, how much can an old police car mars bar, a couple cheap bicycle headlights, some paper towel tubes, a junction box, and some spray paint cost?

OK OK so the mars bar is the hard part. Feh, just get some clear acrylic or styrene sheet, some good sharp razor blades, a metal straightedge, and adhesive. The light bar domes aren't even round fer chrissakes - you can mock a test fit with cereal boxes.

So... if anyone is desperate for a GB topper of the same aesthetic and doesn't care about the name on the base, pretty sure I can build one for the low low price of $1000. Shoot, I'll even build you TWO!

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Lol, all too funny, seller and responders alike....With the market as such, can you blame a seller, for asking for the sun and the moon? I upvote seller just for having the stones to ask his price on pinside!

I don't blame him, the market is nuts. If I had a POTC LE or GNR CE I would put them up for $25k each and see what idiot would buy them.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I remember when pinball was an actual community and people enjoyed giving each other good deals, instead of a bunch of shysters just trying to make money.

miss those days.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I don't blame him, the market is nuts. If I had a POTC LE or GNR CE I would put them up for $25k each and see what idiot would buy them.

Yeah! Maybe one of these days these low end CE's and LE's will be worth what people are paying for Supremes! :p

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Toppers are stupid anyway, I hope people start paying 5k for them. Makes it easy to spot the morons.

dont non pinballers think we are all morons for paying more than 700$ for a pinball machine??

#59 3 years ago

Fair warning: I wouldn’t be surprised if my wife joins Pinside and lists our GB topper for sale tonight!

#60 3 years ago

Before long people are going to buy games just for the topper!

#61 3 years ago

And we laughed, and laughed.
True knee slapper.
Well shit, i spent 900 on led Zeppelin topper.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Before long people are going to buy games just for the topper!

I remember when they bought games and parted them out just to get the boards. Because the boards were worth more.

LTG : (

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-ghostbusters-topper/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.