Freddy (Gottlieb) Upkicker Problem/Question

By creepshows

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey everyone!

The Upkicker behind Freddy's head, which sends the ball up the wire ramp, severely lags. A lot of times during game play, the ball will just sit there for over a minute or so, and then eventually kick up and send the ball up the ramp.

Beyond getting an entirely new Upkicker (which are hard to find for this machine) what part/parts should I be looking to fix this? What is the part that detects a ball sitting there waiting to be kicked up?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

#2 2 years ago

Sounds like you may have to replace the stepper unit. It could also be the score motor.

#3 2 years ago

I think it's an opto switch there in mech. If so, get some Windex or alcohol and saturate a cue tip, then wipe down the lenses with power off and try it out. In addition check the solder pads on the optos themselves could be a cracked joint there somewhere.

2 weeks later
#4 2 years ago

Thanks a ton for the replies, Mikala and @wisefwumyogwave. I'll look into both!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,400 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-freddy-gottlieb-upkicker-problem-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.